test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Thursday 1/23 7 am PST (Pacific) [Finished]

dwightmcdwightmc Posts: 95 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Super News Network
Maintenance this week will take place at the usual time, Thursday 1/23 7 am PST (Pacific)

This week is just a restart.

Start time: 7 am PST
Estimated duration: 1 - 2 hours

- Dwight

Update 1: (7:00 AM PST) Maintenance has begun.
Update 2: (7:57 AM PST) Maintenance is progressing as planned. Servers should be back up soon. Thanks!
U[date 3: (8:07 AM PST) Maintenance has completed. Welcome back Champions!
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just another update? Shucks.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    are we ever going to get some kind of content update? this has been the 4th week of just restarting the server?
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They're working on a somewhat big update. Rampages, Justice Gear, costume drops and auras. Its just gonna take some time.
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    are we ever going to get some kind of content update? this has been the 4th week of just restarting the server?

Meh... if it was old cryptic i'd understand, but i say we give Cryptic North a little time to work out the mess of their predecessors before we start expecting a normal rate of updates ;)
  • dwightmcdwightmc Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I know it can be frustrating, but the devs are working on a few things and we'll have an official announcement next week, if all goes well. Just hang in there. :smile:
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    skcark wrote: »
    Meh... if it was old cryptic i'd understand, but i say we give Cryptic North a little time to work out the mess of their predecessors before we start expecting a normal rate of updates ;)

Hum.
    Since how many months Cryptic North works on CO ? A lot of months.
    And there is no real new playable content since.
    The only things we had are the auras. And it isn't new playable content.
    Auras, because they can add some in the C-store. If not....
    Hey, it's cool to have some hope. Gratz to you. But i doubt we will see one day some patches like this on CO:
    12/19/2013: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/51486/marvel-heroes-2-1-patch-notes
    01/03/2014: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/56130/marvel-heroes-2-11-patch-notes
    Never. No chance.
    This was a big mistake to focus only on costumes and travel powers and don't create some playable content for many years, but 5 mns alerts every 3 months or more. Not enough players now.
    This game is in maintenance mode. All the cryptic money and people are for their others games. Co isn't enough profitable to have a real support as it would have.
    dwightmc wrote: »
    I know it can be frustrating, but the devs are working on a few things and we'll have an official announcement next week, if all goes well. Just hang in there. :smile:

few things in store, but no new playable content or a 5 mns alert. No more. Right ?
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Blah blah blah doom doom doom blah blah Diablo clone blah.

Server restart, waiting patiently for Fire & Ice, and what those costume parts and shtuff will be for.

Haven't done theoryworking with Justice gear yet myself but, it looks like it's gonna be a goal to work towards. :biggrin:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bla bla bla... a 2009 game with some very few new playable content since 4 years and 5 months.... bla bla bla.... history and facts.... bla bla bla... Co have a really little playerbase, there is a reason... bla bla bla.... blinkers.... bla bla bla.
  • jadetorajadetora Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Blahblah passive aggressive blahblah grr BLAHBLAHLBURURHLBLRLRLHLHLRLHLBLALALRBBLLRHHLLH!
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh man. I just love it when we have restarts with no big fixes.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cyrone wrote: »
    Oh man. I just love it when we have restarts with no big fixes.

I like to dash around and find out how many COSMICS I can "see" before they get farmed into the long respawn CD.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    edited January 2014
    So, yeah. Patch notes? My game just patched for Live.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cyrone wrote: »
    So, yeah. Patch notes? My game just patched for Live.

Mine too...could just be something in the C-Store. They don't put patch notes for them.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited January 2014
    Still, if they're going to have us patch, we should know what we're patching...right?
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Server restarts are important too. Recall the memory leak issues we used to get when they didn't restart the server every week. (Yes, there are still memory leak issues, but not nearly so badly as was once the case.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.