test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Having an option for scaling content up to you.

highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Suggestions Box
What I'm basically asking for is an option to boost lower level mooks in instances to your level, so that you can go back at content you skipped and not stomp everything while you yawn. This would however only work in the low level ---> high level way, and the rewards would stay the same. Is this a good idea ? I know I would use it and I can't think of any flaws.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
Post edited by highreality on

Comments

• highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nobody ? Oh well, I'd have loved taking on super kevin poe or mega mechassassin.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    While the idea has appeal there is also the counter appeal of being able to stomp over enemies that used to give you so much trouble, and as a result I kinda can't see this really happening, plus if you want kevin poe or mecha assassin, except all beefed up then you can just run their alerts when they pop up, I know it's not the same, but it's about as close as you can get, for the time being anyway.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I, for one, would like instances to scale to the highest level team member. Especially for lairs.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you want to stomp your old worst ennemies just turn it off. Want to go back to things you missed ? Turn it on and don't be bored.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wasn't there an early mission in Westside that scales with your level? I'm not sure what it was. I think it was "Brains Behind the Breakout". Yes, it scales all the way up to 40.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cyrone wrote: »
    I, for one, would like instances to scale to the highest level team member. Especially for lairs.

This would be nice.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    STO made an update (1-2yrs ago) that made all their missions scale to the character. Some missions don't unlock until certain missions are completed, and/or the character has reached a certain level, of course, but once any given qualification is passed, all "lower" missions scale up. I've always though this was awesome.

I wish CO would do this as well. Especially since while leveling characters, I'm doing daily Alerts and this rapidly pushes me passed a lot of the existing content.

There's still stuff in Canada, the Desert, and Lemuria that I've never done because I out-level it before I ever get to it, and there's no incentive for me to go back and do it later.

So to the OP: /vote +1.
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    STO made an update (1-2yrs ago) that made all their missions scale to the character. Some missions don't unlock until certain missions are completed, and/or the character has reached a certain level, of course, but once any given qualification is passed, all "lower" missions scale up. I've always though this was awesome.

I wish CO would do this as well. Especially since while leveling characters, I'm doing daily Alerts and this rapidly pushes me passed a lot of the existing content.

There's still stuff in Canada, the Desert, and Lemuria that I've never done because I out-level it before I ever get to it, and there's no incentive for me to go back and do it later.

So to the OP: /vote +1.

Ah... so another thing they did to another one of their games years ago that they should totally do here :| great.

SKULL TECH ALL THE MOBS! >:O