test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Trustworthiness of Cryptic and PWE

dpglerchdpglerch Posts: 43 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
I already have an answer so you all can continue to pad your post counts I am done with this thread
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Have you tried opening a support ticket to get this looked at?
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, you had these items as gear or something in a character's bank? And now they have disappeared?

That would be news, since old, legacy items (including costume unlock ones) did not generally disappear from inventories or banks. Heck, people occasionally put them for sale in auction house.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Black Talon doesn't have a shield.
    Mech Assassin does.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Had these items already bound to account, then they went missing and guess what they are for sale now. So I'm guessing this is just me then.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Black Talon doesn't have a shield.
    Mech Assassin does.
    moustache.gif

Thx for the correction but it doesn't change the fact I had the item unlocked
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    If you're talking about Black Talon, the bracer piece is Blaster Quad. It was craftable piece.
    The Ghost Hat is 5000 Burnside ghost kill perk. Later is was included in a hat/helmet pack in C-store.
    moustache.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dpglerch wrote: »
    Flying troll somewhere else,For the other two thx for the feed back guess its my account so support ticket time, hopefully they will fix with in a month.

Except he wasn't trolling and was stating what the pieces are and how to get them.

If you only noticed the ghost hat in the store now, it's been there since I joined, at least two years ago. There's two kinds, if I recall right. One has bullet holes in it, the other doesn't.

Mechassassin's shield is not in the store.

Are you completely sure you had them before? The shield was only available after On-Alert launched, from the Drifter Salvage store (And his alert.). Being a subscribing had nothing to do with it.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Flying troll somewhere else,For the other two thx for the feed back guess its my account so support ticket time, hopefully they will fix with in a month.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Good thing you didn't start asking Black Talon's shield back.
    Hopefully Cryptic hasn't stolen anything else.
    Good luck.
    moustache.gif
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2014

headdesk.gif

tumblr_mefipiIihF1rkmjjzo1_500.gif

That will be all.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    IIRC, there's a Ghost Hat in the Variety Pack, which is free to Golds, but not Silvers. So if you had one equipped as a subscriber, but then went Silver after F2P, you would have lost it. (I had to completely redo Happifun's costume, because many of the parts were indeed in the Variety Pack.)

Mechassassin's bracer is available through the Drifter Store, for those not fortunate enough to get it to drop during the Mechassassin alert. It should still be available, if you had one - I still have mine. However, it's not available for cash purchase as such, especially since they introduced account-wide Salvage, assuming you picked up the Grab Bags back when they were openable for free (I got all my Salvage that way, because I refuse to open lockboxes).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Flying troll somewhere else

You obviously dont know how these things work. Let me explain via the medium of pictures how trolls fly.

tumblr_lc2z58v0W31qehfnho1_500.png

Thank me later.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    You obviously dont know how these things work. Let me explain via the medium of pictures how trolls fly.

tumblr_lc2z58v0W31qehfnho1_500.png

Thank me later.

Do they even lift?

If anything... he'd have more a point regarding the nighthawk costume set.. the hood actually opened the gate to new costume possibilities.. having discovered that people were buying the costume set for the hood and it's new possibilities, they waited untill people paid, then "fixed" the hood, not in the sense of fixing somethine broken, but neutering it from being functional. and made the hood once more completely restricted to one section, claiming "CLIPPING ISSUES, WE STILL STOP YOU" despite there being no clipping issues...
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, those costume piece unlocks missing are exclusionary to your account. But the issue isn't. There are some rare cases that certain costume unlocks disappeared from people's costume lists that don't happen to other players. The worst and most unfortunate unlocks that have disappeared I've heard about were 5k perks that were power replacers and even Therakiel's Sword.

Of everyone I've heard of that have had this happen to, none of their tickets have been resolved and have been deleted by CS since they have been reported.

You can try, but I wish luck for you that someone helps you resolve it.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yes, those costume piece unlocks missing are exclusionary to your account. But the issue isn't. There are some rare cases that certain costume unlocks disappeared from people's costume lists that don't happen to other players. The worst and most unfortunate unlocks that have disappeared I've heard about were 5k perks that were power replacers and even Therakiel's Sword.

Of everyone I've heard of that have had this happen to, none of their tickets have been resolved and have been deleted by CS since they have been reported.

You can try, but I wish luck for you that someone helps you resolve it.

Dang... so there's a chance i lost my 5k kill perk related costumes i had unlocked? good... now i need the wiki more than ever to cross reference everysingle one of them >.<
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    skcark wrote: »
    Do they even lift?

If anything... he'd have more a point regarding the nighthawk costume set.. the hood actually opened the gate to new costume possibilities.. having discovered that people were buying the costume set for the hood and it's new possibilities, they waited untill people paid, then "fixed" the hood, not in the sense of fixing somethine broken, but neutering it from being functional. and made the hood once more completely restricted to one section, claiming "CLIPPING ISSUES, WE STILL STOP YOU" despite there being no clipping issues...

The hood was originally intended to be only under the Hoods category. That it was usable in other categories was an oversight on their part, and it was fixed, however due to popular demand it was placed back into all head options for Headwear, where it currently resides. (Actually, it was 'fixed' again by accident after a PTS patch, and then reversed AGAIN afterwords. The second one was unexpected though.)

As well, you'll notice with many recent costume pieces and sets that the parts really, don't have any limits on where they can be used.

Original Topic : Already said my jist on it, although Jon brings up the hat that I was mentioning.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This to to draw attention to the fact that any and all in game item unlocks are pointless to waste the time or gold to get. Many items that I have wasted a great amount of time and effort have been taken away regardless of whether or it was obtained during a paid subscription. I would love to hear an explanation from the the company explaining the logic and what right they think they have to do so.

Two things that are missing but are now in the store for me to buy even though I was a paid account on acquisition of the items (Pre F2P) (all that come to mind at the moment).

Ghost Hat
    Black Talons shield (bracer)

The truth of the matter is you tried to sneak this thru with out notice, I'm now going to double check and triple check on what other items you have STOLEN just to place a price tag on them.

People you all think this might not be worth bringing up since the game is now F2P but hours have been invested into this game for no reason what so ever. Apparently Cryptic and PWE need to be told that theft is unacceptable whats next double charging credit cards oh wait you already tried that twice with me.

Cryptic if you want to make more money thru your store then develop new items to place in your store DO NOT STEAL WHAT PEOPLE WORK FOR!!
    1.any costumes which you got fro FREE due to subscriptions, you lose access to when you stop subscribing. This is not theft as you were merely renting them.

2. please make sure that you are checking the correct name of the peices in the Tailor. Quad blasterNOT sheild, as somebody already posted.

3.IF , by any chance, you are also omplaining about the changes to crafting that means that you can no longer make the items,thereby having wasted time and effort in levelling crafting. Get over it. Games change. I also have all 3 skills at 400 before On Alert. If not , my apologies.

4. Please think carefully before any of those comments in green. Your post is libel(since it is in writing) and defamation of character.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2014
    The hood was originally intended to be only under the Hoods category. That it was usable in other categories was an oversight on their part, and it was fixed, however due to popular demand it was placed back into all head options for Headwear, where it currently resides. (Actually, it was 'fixed' again by accident after a PTS patch, and then reversed AGAIN afterwords. The second one was unexpected though.)

As well, you'll notice with many recent costume pieces and sets that the parts really, don't have any limits on where they can be used.

Original Topic : Already said my jist on it, although Jon brings up the hat that I was mentioning.

Hmm... so you're saying at this present moment, it's not restricted, again? I rememebr they said it was not intended that way.. (which is no excuse, they should have checked it all before putting it in live, not selling 'broken' content to people and fixing it after people pay for it) and fixed it.. then people spoke out and so they 'broke' it again, then it got 'fixed' again.. but i never heard about it being 'broke' again to function the way to allow more options.
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited January 2014
    I have to agree, many items were obtainable and now those were removed from the game and if you want to have then.. no matter if youre lifetimer or silver you need to buy them again....

wich is a ripoff... atleast GOLDS and LIFETIMERS should have access to any NON - and PRE-NON Zen STore items...

Instead of it.. they remove all the old costumes pieces and put them into drifter boxes.. wtf? why remove them?

Yes that seems like a fishy sellsing strategy...
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This to to draw attention to the fact that any and all in game item unlocks are pointless to waste the time or gold to get. Many items that I have wasted a great amount of time and effort have been taken away regardless of whether or it was obtained during a paid subscription. I would love to hear an explanation from the the company explaining the logic and what right they think they have to do so.

Two things that are missing but are now in the store for me to buy even though I was a paid account on acquisition of the items (Pre F2P) (all that come to mind at the moment).

Ghost Hat
    Black Talons shield (bracer)

The truth of the matter is you tried to sneak this thru with out notice, I'm now going to double check and triple check on what other items you have STOLEN just to place a price tag on them.

People you all think this might not be worth bringing up since the game is now F2P but hours have been invested into this game for no reason what so ever. Apparently Cryptic and PWE need to be told that theft is unacceptable whats next double charging credit cards oh wait you already tried that twice with me.

Cryptic if you want to make more money thru your store then develop new items to place in your store DO NOT STEAL WHAT PEOPLE WORK FOR!!

Did you ever consider that this was an unintentional mistake or did you discover this and immediately rush to the forums to make accusations?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Did you ever consider that this was an unintentional mistake or did you discover this and immediately rush to the forums to make accusations?

unintended?

You make it sound like the Devs have no idea about their jobs =P
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    unintended?

You make it sound like the Devs have no idea about their jobs =P

You make it sound like programming video games is a simple process that always goes 100% perfect everywhere except at Cryptic :P
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You make it sound like programming video games is a simple process that always goes 100% perfect everywhere except at Cryptic :P

Maybe you should put more research on this... so many items returned but only for Zen or Drifter Salvage

This cant be all "unintended" ...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    This cant be all "unintended" ...
    Yes, but their masterplan to steal all the stuff from all the players didn't work.
    moustache.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    i dont say they wna steal or steal not...

but in my opinion it atleast " looks" like a fishy business...

And the sad thing about all is that most of gamers no mater what game.. are nowdays foolowing the:

"deal with it"

"i dont care"

or/and

"please company can doanything aslong as they host the game"

philosophy...

Gamers lost their backbones... :(
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Gamers lost their backbones... :(

Or some of us grew up and realized that video games are nothing to get all twisted up and acusational about.

Cryptic's track record actually works in their favor here. Yes, I do believe that every single one of these was an unintentional mistake on their part, because of the sheer number of unintentional mistakes they have made otherwise.

If Cryptic is this money-hungry wallet snatching evil overlord company...... then why am I playing their entire game and all of its content for free?

^ that's why anyone saying cryptic is being shady and trying to steal from players sounds silly to me. Someone is giving you tons of stuff for free... and you accuse them of stealing from you.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ^ that's why anyone saying cryptic is being shady and trying to steal from players sounds silly to me. Someone is giving you tons of stuff for free... and you accuse them of stealing from you.

No , first of all it wasnt me saying "they steal" and then.. you miss the point of all this...

If it was ALL unintended.. why not fix it? its now 2 years ago with the removal of some costume pieces and devices wich were "free" for Gold and even for Silver members.. the devs just removed them...and then they put them into the Drifter and / or ZEN store...instead of putting them back into game where they were at before they "unintended" gotten removed...

As silver user i may not complain.. but i totally understand the complaint that the Lifetimers and Gold users may have.. they paid money for those features wich were "base game" and now they need to pay them additionally...

P.S. In my personal opinion you sound like a fanboy/troll.. since you seem to not understand the whole point.

P.S.?* You overestimate the job on programming video games...we are no talking about some independent game company...this game has way to many " official unintended" things going...it feels like only 2 peopel working on this game...i for one have friends who are independed game programmers who are faster in fixing game issues...(( for example in Warframe they apply many hotfixes to to make sure things are solved quickly ))...im not saying other games are perfect.. maybe there are even worse game developers...but for a game where i can buy lifetime subscription i want some more love/ work done by the developer team...

P.S.?* spinnytop , as always you are missing the point on the topic and you keep arguing and commenting more or less intolerant...you never accept someone elses opinion or atleast understand their point...that said im done arguing with you on this one.. thnx kbye

P.S. SIGNATURE:

Signature/Avatar Rule Violation...

Signatures are limited to five lines of text, including blank lines, or an image that must be no larger than 500x150 pixels and 50Kb in size. Images must be in .jpg format. The text in the signature may be customized by the BBCode in use on the forums. It is recommended that you stick with readable fonts and colors and that the size is not too large...

I mean im okay when someone has a signature that might be 20-30 pixels larger but yours is insulting large...

spinnytop_to_large_signature_by_r9xchaos-d734xob.jpg

its 688 x 420 pixel
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    P.S. In my personal opinion you sound like a fanboy/troll.. since you seem to not understand the whole point.

P.S.?* spinnytop , as always you are missing the point on the topic and you keep arguing and commenting more or less intolerant...you never accept someone elses opinion or atleast understand their point...that said im done arguing with you on this one.. thnx kbye

Funny, that's what you sound like to me, but instead of fanboy put "complainer".

P.S.?* You overestimate the job on programming video games...we are no talking about some independent game company...this game has way to many " official unintended" things going...it feels like only 2 peopel working on this game...i for one have friends who are independed game programmers who are faster in fixing game issues...(( for example in Warframe they apply many hotfixes to to make sure things are solved quickly ))...im not saying other games are perfect.. maybe there are even worse game developers...but for a game where i can buy lifetime subscription i want some more love/ work done by the developer team...

Maybe I overestimate it, but that's because I have respect for that fact that while we're sitting here giggling and smiling and having fun playing the video game, those guys are in there actually working on this thing, dealing with the headaches of these bugs in a way that completely trivializes any "hardships" we have to deal with.

Considering that, and the whole "free game" thing, the notion of trying to call them "shady" or "fishy" just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Yes, you can buy a subscription. But you don't have to, and your money doesn't suddenly make their job a cakewalk.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,094 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    The OP has their answer and this thread isn't going much of anywhere productive, so I shall be closing it.
This discussion has been closed.