test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let us trade Recognition UP.

chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Suggestions Box
As I'm sure most of us by now have every costume available from everything between MCPD-Until Rec, and just as many have about 1000+ Until Recognition that will NEVER be used for anything, why not allow us to trade our Recognition up?

Say every Ten MCPD = one Primus, every ten Primus = 1 until and every 10 until = 1 Silver.

Especially now since Primus Rec is useless since they removed core mods from the core mod boxes (Why even leave the boxes in there?)

I never understood why we could only trade Rec DOWN.

Thoughts?

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Might have to be more than 10 to 1. Has anyone tried to see how much faster it is to farm pre-silver recogs on a lvl 40? Wouldn't want actually doing level appropriate content to suddenly become the slowest way of farming silver recog :o
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I still wanna know why we werent given this option to start with.

I'd go with 100-500 = 1 ratio personally...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    /signed!

Specially the 100-500=1 ratio, otherwise it would be too easy to farm low level mobs for high level costume pieces.

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,582 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The rate of earning recogs are so slow that 10 for 1 is just fine. And who cares if players get "higher level" costume pieces early?

And yes. Very much sad about the core mod removal.
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    10:1 ratio seems quite appropriate.

When you consider most costume pieces are 10 recognition, that would equate to 100 recognition of the next lower category, and 1,000 of two-levels down.

I for one would not be looking at Purple Gang members as an ?easy? way to get UNTIL recognition medals and UNTIL-level costume pieces. I'd much rather just go to the appropriate zones and dispatch the appropriate villains for the right medals. Being able to trade up just seems a good idea to me, so:

/signed!
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Agreed and signed! a 10:1 ratio sounds fair from the "farming" I did to get recognition in the first place. It would also be nice if ALL the currencies (Rec, Snake Bucks, Q, Globals) are account tied in, so that you can accrue the amounts for the entire account and then spend them as you desire on different characters.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I farm for about an hour and I usually walk away with little over 70 rec, type changing depending on what I'm farming (duh) so....instead of 10-1 rate, or the wtf 100-500 rate....why not, 30/50-1
    after all getting rec is easy enough, and getting a lot of rec is still simple, but with 10-1 it means it'll take about 2 mins to earn 1 of the next rec up, with 30/50-1 it'd take at least more than a little while to get a decient number of the next rec up, not so slow as to bore you to death trying to get them, but not stupidly easy eaither.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd love to be able to trade 10-20 lower Rec up for 1 of the tier above it.

/signed +1
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    While I'd rather just have a lot less different types of currency, this would be nice to have as a runner up.

Also: Account bound currencies? Hell yes. All of them should be like that. I prefer to easily share resources between my characters. I can store all of my items, globals, and drifter trash in my hideout, why not the other currencies?
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009