test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20131213.5 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 4:00pm, 1/17/2014

You can find release notes for previous unreleased PTS patches by using the link(s) below:

FC.31.20131213.3

Release Notes:

Rampage changes

These four 10-player Queues are now classified as Rampages: Gravitar, Lemurian Invasion, UNTIL Sky Command, and Fire & Ice.
  • Rampage Queues are level 40, with a required level of 35+

• All four Rampages have new reward tables which include Questionite (with Gravitar-style Diminishing Returns), new costume pieces, and special token drops (also with Diminishing Returns).

• Previous costume rewards are still present, and the vehicle from Lemurian Invasion is still available (but with a much lower drop rate).

• Sky Command and Lemurian Invasion reward mods in addition to other rewards.

• In future builds, the four Rampages will be in rotation, which each Rampage available for three days before the slot changes.

• All 10-player Rampages are available both as Private Queues and as regular random-match Queues.

Private Queues

This build introduces a new feature to the Queueing system which allows a player to create a personal, Private Queue for a Rampage, and invite other players to join it. The owner has controls to launch the Queue and to remove other players from it.

• The Private Queue UI is not finished. We expect it to be buggy. Some of it is placeholder.

• Private Queue creation is currently accessed through the "PVP and Instance Queues" button on the HUD (the fist) by selecting a Rampage Queue from the Missions or Alerts tabs and clicking the "Private Queue" button at the bottom.

• In this build, when you are invited to join a Private Queue, the UI you see is the "Ready?" UI from Alert Queues. This is a placeholder.

Justice Gear

Justice Gear returns as a reward for playing Rampages.

• Collect tokens from all four Rampages to purchase Justice Gear pieces.

• There is also a small Drifter Salvage cost.

• Token drops are bound to account when acquired.

• Justice Gear stats have been adjusted upward a little on some pieces.

• In this build, visit the Debugger for details. In the future, the Drifter will be responsible for this gear.

Fire and Ice changes

• Tightened up the phase timing, and provided a quicker transition to the Falling Ice / Lava Plume when one of the bosses triggers it at 1/3 health.

• Fixed some phase issues when the fight starts.

• On a reset, the staging dome within the Quarantine area will now only drop when all players are within it, instead of 10 seconds after one player is within in.

• Living Ice and Living Fire can no longer be knocked.

• Ice Cage can no longer be knocked.

• Lava Plume and Falling Ice area indicators can no longer be targeted, knocked, or killed by players.

• Corrected Frosticus' name in the "Fire in Your Veins" tooltip.

Debugger Store

• The PTS Debugger store has been reorganized, and updated to include the rewards from the Rampages.

• The debugger store has a new Dryad costume set for you to look at.

• Energy Aura items now have real icons.

Known Issues

• Fire & Ice still has placeholder cut scenes and some powers lack sounds.

• The items that unlock the construction vests are mislabeled as firefighter's vests.

• The Private Queue UI is not finished.

• Match chat does not work in the main chat window.

• Rampage costume rewards have placeholder icons.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sounds like a good idea for the justice gear, that will get people to do the rampages. And new costume set! Can't wait to see it.
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I got to say this is one of the biggest pts patches i have seen in awhile.
  • taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lordgar wrote: »

[*]The debugger store has a new Dryad costume set for you to look at.

Oh costumes C-Store me hope
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please Give This Token Also For Hero Games Reward
    PLEASE DON'T LET US KEPT DEAD
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Very impressive. I look forward to seeing how this pans out.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like where you're going with this. This all sounds great!
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Quick Bug

Bug: Can't apply Firefighter Coat
    Where: Tailor - Unlocked Costume Parts tab
    What: Applying the Firefighter Coat costume part causes it to diappear from model - tooltip says "Using this costume part will change Category from Tights & Skin to _Hidden Player:Starter"
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    Quick Bug

Bug: Can't apply Firefighter Coat
    Where: Tailor - Unlocked Costume Parts tab
    What: Applying the Firefighter Coat costume part causes it to diappear from model - tooltip says "Using this costume part will change Category from Tights & Skin to _Hidden Player:Starter"

Yeah, it is buggy, but I managed to get it to stick. Yet I couldn't find the open vest version, maybe I wasn't looking hard enough?

Also, I feel that the dryad set should be renamed to fairy set, mostly because dryads do not have wings, but thats just my opinion, otherwise its nice to look at.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am very excited to see an actual use for Sky Command and that Lemurian Invasion is going to be seeing regular rotation time. And every 3 days? That is a pretty solid rotation time and will help quell stagnation of mixing up which rampage is up during specific days of the week.

The private queue system seems like a very promising feature! So the premise is that we start a queue and then can right click players in chat or our search lists and add them to this queue like adding them to a team? If so can there be some reorganization to the order of the list of right clicking a player? When I click on someone and trying to see their info and they move away I end up clicking add friend, or ignore player and so on. Make the more important permanent options static on the top of the lists.

I'm really okay with this as a way to get Justice gear! The tokens are bound to account and stackable but take up inventory space. I'm alright with this since it keeps the number of money types down. Is it possible that we can get these tokens as rewards for completing a UNITY mission chain?

Thanks for the Fire Ice changes. Will have a few more goes at it when the usual play testers get on.

OH MY GOD UNTIL EYEPATCH!...among other things. Random reward drops for the rampages including Sky Command? Finally! And some unique costume pieces to npcs finally available to players?

In all I am glad that these special queues are being in a more compact rotation and that they will be more useful and lead to a more solid endgame.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Please Give This Token Also For Hero Games Reward
    PLEASE DON'T LET US KEPT DEAD
    NO, I support rewards fro PvP, just not Best gear in game.

how long till someone decides "theres an easier way to do this? we can farm them so we can get the gear and sell it to people"
    They get several teams together and just keep queuing (leave if they don't get the other team) and take turns winning?
    "hey look, we can either do that hard alert or we can do PvP?" and the Noob farming begins, again

*snip*
    Is it possible that we can get these tokens as rewards for completing a UNITY mission chain?

*snip*

er. No. They are rewards for doing the difficult alerts. Can you honestly say that any UNITY mission chain is difficult?
    The tokens are meant to be rewards for difficult content,where you have a good chance of losing.
    Not easy content or ones where you can control the results.
    Related to the actual thread,
    Lordgar,
    will the private queues be useable for PvP, since they are having major problems with team members and solo players being joined and then booted?

If you can make the Private queue usuable for PvP, then the PvP people (yes, I don't do PvP and have no interest in it)will at least be able to join and know that it will pop.

Rewards, how about some special costumes, AF's, weapon skins ,

PvP would be the perfect place to have hire sidekick, since the sidekicks would be going there to see the Heros compete against each other.
    sidekicks- characters with half levels. a power set and spec trees.
    maybe a few personality types- whiner, bravado, tactician, backstabber,etc

so that they have a different ways of doing things.
    actually I'll start a thread for this.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bug: Dryad Shoulder Pads and Dryad Boots do not have texture options on male character. Every other piece in the set does.

Rose_sig.png
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    NO, I support rewards fro PvP, just not Best gear in game.

how long till someone decides "theres an easier way to do this? we can farm them so we can get the gear and sell it to people"
    They get several teams together and just keep queuing (leave if they don't get the other team) and take turns winning?
    "hey look, we can either do that hard alert or we can do PvP?" and the Noob farming begins, again

Just do farm in Alerts then. Hero Game doesn't even have any reward now. :(
    No one queue, nearly never pop.

We could select how to farm.
    edited January 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    er. No. They are rewards for doing the difficult alerts. Can you honestly say that any UNITY mission chain is difficult?
    The tokens are meant to be rewards for difficult content,where you have a good chance of losing.
    Not easy content or ones where you can control the results.

Two hours of game time for 1 random token seems pretty reasonable to me as an alternative. Anything to liven up old out of date content. With Justice gear acquirable, Silver Rec gear and as a result UNITY missions will be entirely useless.

I don't think we should trivialize former end game content for the sake of new end game content. The token doesn't even have to be guaranteed.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Suggestion: Private Queue window needs a close and minimise button, and allow reopening from the alert UI. I had it bugged once when I left the queue and had no way of closing it, and it just blocks the whole screen. Could not reproduce the bug however later. Too intrusive while waiting without a minimise.

Suggestion: Private Queue window needs another lobby to see existing queues and the option for private queues to be set closed or open to make up the team numbers and a join option for them. I got bugged out of my own private queue I started and had no way to return. It would also be easy to see player numbers and privately merge queues.

Suggestion: Private Queue invites look like a queue pop, should properly identify it as an invite and 'Join' instead of 'Ready'. Very misleading, and players ignore it not knowing what it is.

Bug: Leaving a personal team you are in outside of the private queue leaves the private queue.
    edited January 2014
    I don't want to have to try to find those damn Lemurian cave entrances without the Wiki, so I vote no on the Unity missions .:tongue:

And no on the Hero Games for essentially the reason Chaelk gave..too easy to exploit.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please make private queues workable for PvP.

Also, Hero Games do need a reward. There should be something. They had rewards and then they got stripped out because "there was no time" to put more in.

The HG do not have to be THE BEST WAY TO GET STUFF.....they can simply be one of the choices even if they are less optimal. But there should not just be nothing there at all.
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lordgar wrote: »

Justice Gear

Justice Gear returns as a reward for playing Rampages.

• Collect tokens from all four Rampages to purchase Justice Gear pieces.

• There is also a small Drifter Salvage cost.

• Token drops are bound to account when acquired.

• Justice Gear stats have been adjusted upward a little on some pieces.

At last....Caliga now has the chance to acquire more power!

Mr_burns.gif
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow this is great news. Every-time I consider dropping my membership more improvements come along! :P

But seriously, I can see this being a huge quality of life improvement and a big encouragement for people to team.

Bravo.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yet another nifty STO mechanic makes its way here; glad to see Private Queues make it over here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
    edited January 2014
    Bug: Hot Blooded and Ice in Veins buffs from the Fire and Ice rampage seem to make you do less damage instead of more when attacking the appropriate villain.

I'm pretty satisfied with the changes so far. Though the ice cages need to have a taller target area to manually click on.
    edited January 2014
    End phase is pretty exciting now, had to dodge around yet get to players on my support/healer. It's fun it's challenging. I'm getting hit randomly more frequently as a healer, had to step up my hitpoints via Con cos I'm getting hit by 2 consecutive shots without a chance for recovery often. The hits I took scale from a lower number from 4k+ to 6k now, so I'm survinging 2 shots most of the time. I usually fall on 3 consecutive hits, but I can still block heal by reacting fast enough when I'm getting hit to stay upright. Kudos, and good improvements.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dryad costume
    screenshot_2014-01-18-11-14-36_zpsb9b0e7e3.jpg
    screenshot_2014-01-18-11-15-11_zps9827e43b.jpg

Bug:Tailor
    the top is so low at the front, the only thing which you can do to NOT show your underwear is flesh tights
    when in jackets, arms vanish

love the wings
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cryptic North is geniuses. The future is looking pretty bright... might need to put on sunglasses.
  • blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So I transfered a character over to the PTS that was level 36, and bumped him to 40 so I could test Fire/Ice on a Pet build.

Why am I being required to reset my powers?
    edited January 2014
    So I transfered a character over to the PTS that was level 36, and bumped him to 40 so I could test Fire/Ice on a Pet build.

Why am I being required to reset my powers?
    You only need to reset if they made changes to some powers you have, or (and most common) you use a (travel) power that is not unlocked on your PTS account which makes the build invalid.
    edited January 2014
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    You only need to reset if they made changes to some powers you have, or (and most common) you use a (travel) power that is not unlocked on your PTS account which makes the build invalid.

That's why I'm asking. No changes were mentioned to specific powers that I'm using, and I've had a character with mystic flight that didn't need to be reset as recent as a few day ago, so either they reset account stuff, or there are recent changes to powers.

I'm wondering which.
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Great to see a Force Field Aura on the PTS. Can we get one that doesn't wobble like the Ego Hold graphics?
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Alert is looking pretty good so far, the only annoying part is targeting the ice cages, they're about as hard to target as all other regular objects, which can be a pain when you only have a small amount of time to free your teammate before they die.

Also, maybe adding a minimize button to the private queue window would be nice, I know that the wait was especially long because it was only from a handful of players on PTS, but having the queue box take up about a fourth of my screen makes it hard to do things while waiting.

Finally, The UNTIL jacket is only available in tights and skin (Not even in jackets). Please consider loosening it up like all of the other recent costumes to work in every category?
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seeing how Justice Gear is gonna be distributed (potentially) if this goes live is kind of a pleasant surprise compared to the previous proposals. Very pleased.

That being said, are you really not considering giving these tokens out for pvp participation? If not why not?
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OMG love the huge industrial wrech. It perfect for my Dexter's Lab homage character. He currently uses the wizard staff.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was wondering if Nemcon could/should be added to the Rampage Queue? I never seem to find people to do it when I have time. I guess this would have to be handled a little differently since it is for 5 players.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Love all the idea's guys, great job recycling the old content that was never used too. There is still lots of other stuff like that to be used but nicely done on this one. As well as the great idea not to put justice into lockboxes. Don't make it too easy to get though, it's pretty OP. :)

By the way is private queue's for the rampage currently up? Or will it be queue for any rampage?
  • zeero1992zeero1992 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Since the fireman jacket is also available in the chest layer section, you can make some nifty armour... Now if I could only have some armour on the chest as well. Hmm.

I'm really, really, really hoping that Cryptic will take the opportunity to improve some of the old costume pieces as well as adding new ones. Old pieces look so bland whereas new pieces look far more detailed and interesting. Prime example being the Shoulder Harness and variants. There's no bumpmapping or anything on really old pieces, which makes them look flat, dull and boring. Some of the old belts are worth taking a look at as well...

88Nnooj.jpg
  • gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cyrone wrote: »
    Great to see a Force Field Aura on the PTS. Can we get one that doesn't wobble like the Ego Hold graphics?

Or maybe the old beta/launch force field aura, if it's still in the game's files.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Rampages & Queuing System

I am liking that you guys are bringing back the Lemurian Invasion event, I was recently wondering when it was going to come back.

I also like the fact that you stuck to your word regarding these rampages in the sense that they would be eventually part of a rotational system, so that is very promising IMO.

I am loving the Private Queue System. It will really REALLY allow for better use of the content we have in place, both on an RP level (in some instances) and a player satisfaction level.

Private Queue System is available via the "-"/PvP and Alert Queue menu, and allows for the invitation of two teams (9 other people) for a particular event/instance and allows you to use "Match" chat to converse between the teams. Match chat also appears in your chat box, not just the small one on the menu.

PrivateQueue1_zpsfae65e69.png

Justice Gear & Token System

I notice that some Justice Gear is either missing or straight up hasn't been included due to some "issues" namely Growth and Offense Justice Gears amongst a few other things.

I do like how it is now accessible to everyone, with the token system mixed with Drifter. (I know that some players complained that Legion was largely a P2P thing, even though Justice still retains that element with the Drifter's Salvage, it's easier to gain tokens which is about half the cost. And with Crates of Drifter Salvage, I think it's a good arrangement, which should be extended to all facets of the game, namely PvP, which as we all know could do with some incentivising via rewards.)

Aura: "Force Field": Wobble <-- Needs to be renamed to Psionic Shield: Wobble.

Now...here is what I am going to go on about a bit. I like that you guys have been looking in the Suggestions Box, regarding Reflective Psionic Shielding from VIPER and PSI, which Spordelia, myself and others wanted to be accessible to players as a power. But I think we have the next best thing.

Psionic1_zpsdb4d1e44.png

Psionic2_zps789f24b0.png

Good points:

*It looks reminiscent of Reflective Psionic Shield and is a very very apt aura for Mentalists who are able to project telekinetic fields for defense.

*It does indeed wobble a lot and works as a Reflective Psionic Shield.

Bad Points:

*In some areas it looks waay too translucent, almost as if it isn't there, IIRC NPC ones are slightly darker and give a better feel but that could just be me.

*The noise it generates can be quite grating on the senses after a while or for those who aren't as used to that constant sound. (I use the Mentalist set -a lot- and it did get slightly annoying after a while). Either have it toned down or flat out removed.

*Another thing: Do not call this a Force Field. It is in no way reminiscent of one. Please instead change it's name to what it actually is, namely, Psionic Shield: Wobble. I would call it a case of misrepresentation if it was still called a Force Field.

These are Force Fields:

StrongholdPvPFG_zpsa7fd2a62.png

The outer shell of that force field around my character (the second largest shield in the image) would be a *perfect* force field aura. The larger one would be even more so.
    edited January 2014
    Aura: Ice Sheath

Okay...this aura...I am loving very much, it's almost diamond-esque and it looks great when paired with Invuln aura or some form of sparkle IMO. It looks like I may be using for Black Diamond, my diamond manipulating alien heroine. And so as you can imagine it was an instant love for me. :wink:

Diamond1_zps3dac9d48.png

Good Points:

*It can be used as an Ice Sheath, as it does look very ice-like, it's a very nice aura.

*It's colourable so you can have any color you like on it and make a variety of concepts, from diamond forms, to dermal armours to elemental sheaths etc.

Bad Points:

*I'd personally request more face definition. It looks like the face has been frosted over entirely. You only realise the toon still has a face is if you look real close or use a mouth movement emote. I think if the face was closer to the original face, but with that texture, it'd be great.

As you can see, the face isn't at all defined, here:

Diamond2_zpse67fa0fe.png

Outside of those minor criticisms, I really like the new auras, I hope we get more creative auras like these soon.
    :smile:
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have a lot of things to say, firstly though I'd like to commend you for creating a private Queue system, maybe it will be a decent workaround for that ******** kicking bug.

Second, Justice Gear. You bring this abominable set back to haunt us. Why? Wasn't Legion gear enough of a problem? furthermore YOU GATED IT WITH DRIFTER SALVAGE. NO NO NO NO NO BAD IDEA. This should be bought with Rampage tokens ONLY, and (maybe resources?) besides that, Drifter Salvage can't be traded, or stored in an accountwide basis. You are literally forcing us to pay to get Justice gear. This is wrong.
    edited January 2014
    I have a lot of things to say, firstly though I'd like to commend you for creating a private Queue system, maybe it will be a decent workaround for that ******** kicking bug.

Second, Justice Gear. You bring this abominable set back to haunt us. Why? Wasn't Legion gear enough of a problem? furthermore YOU GATED IT WITH DRIFTER SALVAGE. NO NO NO NO NO BAD IDEA. This should be bought with Rampage tokens ONLY, and (maybe resources?) besides that, Drifter Salvage can't be traded, or stored in an accountwide basis. You are literally forcing us to pay to get Justice gear. This is wrong.

I'd just like to say, Drifter Salvage Crates can indeed be sold and traded amongst players. So in a sense you -could- grind now for G and then buy them off other players.
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd just like to say, Drifter Salvage Crates can indeed be sold and traded amongst players. So in a sense you -could- grind now for G and then buy them off other players.

I actually forgot about those crates, but it doesn't detract from the fact that this sounds like a clear intentional motivation to buy lockboxes.
    edited January 2014
    Second, Justice Gear. You bring this abominable set back to haunt us. Why? Wasn't Legion gear enough of a problem? furthermore YOU GATED IT WITH DRIFTER SALVAGE. NO NO NO NO NO BAD IDEA. This should be bought with Rampage tokens ONLY, and (maybe resources?) besides that, Drifter Salvage can't be traded, or stored in an accountwide basis.

When's the last time you played? Drifter Salvage can be stored in hideout bank now and drifter salvage crates are tradeable.

I think this is all a pretty reasonable compromise and a good step towards an "end game".

edited January 2014
    I actually forgot about those crates, but it doesn't detract from the fact that this sounds like a clear intentional motivation to buy lockboxes.

Well, as it has been clearly shown, lockboxes amongst other things do generate the money in order for us to get development and additions to CO like this, so you cannot really expect them not to endorse it.

Besides, in a sense they have listened to players by making half of the payment accessible by content means, if they really wanted to screw over players, they could make everything Drifter Salvage and keep it that way.

I think this way is better in a way. However, the tokens bound to account are interesting...

It looks like if you want Justice Gear quick you better start saving up the D Salvage now.

I am unaware as to -why- we do need Justice Gear, unless that is a catalyst for us to be introduced to new content or something, I cannot see the need personally.

Despite that, I can see myself purchasing some Justice Gear for a small number of my toons who it would fit.
    edited January 2014

You can store drifer salvage in your account bank, and trade it between characters on your account.
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    -Suggestion: Make the Firefighter Helmet a Top Accessory under Facemasks & Armor.

This way you can wear gasmasks. If I recall many Firefighters do wear facemasks and such during emergencies.

-Bugs:
    -Firefighter Vest is labeled as Construction Vest in the tailor.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Listen, face it, reality check: They HAD to keep lockboxes involved in some way. That's just business.

Now, another reality check: You don't have to buy Cosmic Keys with money, you can get them with Questionite and Resources.

Yet another reality check: You always get salvage when you open a lockbox. You will not be gambling for it, the way you gamble for Legion Gear now.

Final Reality Check: They found a way to keep Lockboxes involved while removing the gambling part. This was a brilliant move.
    edited January 2014
    I'm really liking what's being done with the rampages, and Fire and Ice was very fun, but there is going to be a serious need to do a pet overhaul.

Pet builds are at a tragic disadvantage durring this type of content. Pets can't block, and the resistances they get are torn through by attacks designed to threaten supertanks. The "I'm a pet!" buff isn't doing anything to keep them from being Killed by a 12k/20k/80k Gravitar bubble.

Please make all Digi-telegraphed powers do about 10% of their normal damage Vs. Enemies with the "I'm a Pet!" buff. Considering pets cant block or run out of the way, this doesn't seem unreasonable.

Pet Commands are broken, and have been for a while. You cannot individually command pets to do anything, you must group command. Additionally the Attack command seems to be tied to the player's target, so pets often stop attacking anything at all because the player had to heal or bubble someone. Attack should tie the pet to the specified target until there is a new command. Additionally, the massive knocks used by Gravitar, Cosmics, and now the Fire/Ice rampage seems to mess with their AI, causing them to "forget" they were attacking something and they just stand around.

These rampages are far more dynamic than most content; requiring lots of movement and re-positioning. Unfortunately this just shifts the meta even further to R3 Rituals are useless, and you must always R2 + Unbound Ritual. Please consider making all ritual ranks "Unbound", in that you can move out of the circle. However, to keep it interesting, you could make it so that the circle working as a channel that buffs pet damage and resistances while the player is inside, and debuffs both while outside. Add in the CoRG click to summon mechanic and you're golden. Unbound ritual, the advantage, would remove that buff/debuff dynamic and allows for you to have more than one ritual pet.

This content is actually very enjoyable, but when I play the pet build I feel reduced to Heal-bot, and am slightly disappointed that I wasted 4 powers and a spec tree on pets.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited January 2014

It is. The game needs to bring in money, after all. At least with it being Drifter Salvage, it's not a "win the lottery" kind of thing that the Legion gear is. They also require having tokens you win from Rampages. This keeps the gear from being entirely P2W, you still have to earn it.

I'm honestly impressed by the balance of "give us some money" with "earn it in game".
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    Fire and Ice fight:
    The bosses need more health, perhaps a million more each. They are burning down way too fast and the teams we've completed it on were not rocking outstanding damage.

Would like to see an enrage timer added. Enrage timers are important to prevent victory through playing it safe and turtling. It gives DPS a purpose.

At one point during the fight the team was nearly wiped, however one person remained off to the side and while Kenina was attacking them, Frosticus was just kind of standing around doing nothing. His health did not reset, perhaps they need a much bigger aggro range as that can be exploited.

Rezzes are too potent in the fight.

Team Queue:
    Echoing to please add this as an option for PvP.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Some bugs with new costume pieces:

Bug: Safety Goggles -- The strap glows, but the lenses don't. That seems backward? The colours aren't customizable or are locked to the base colours.

Bug: Safety Glasses --- The lens colour has a baked-in super dark texture. Using the brightest custom colour ends up looking like the darkest. The colours aren't customizable or are locked to the base colours.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like the idea of doing Rampage alerts for gear.

I don't like yet another type of currency.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.