test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Form of the Swordsman: Cut Where it Counts

purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Power Discussion
So I recently started using Form of the Swordsman, and I took the Cut Where it Counts Advantage. The problem is, I can't get it to apply the heal debuff all the time, or very often at all.

I use Reaper's Caress, Iron Lariat, and Vile Lariat to apply bleeds. When I first tested it on Test Dummies in the Powerhouse, I needed to make sure I hit them with a melee attack once they were bleeding. It did not really matter which one it was, it could have even been my energy builder or a lunge. I noticed that if I only used the Lariats to attack, I would never get the heal debuff to pop up. Not a problem though, all I needed to do was lunge in or whack them a few times and everything was fine and dandy.

The true problem lies in the fact I can no longer duplicate those results. It does not matter if I am running alerts, PvPing, or trying it on the Test Dummies. The Cut Where it Counts debuff shows up very rarely now. It's almost as if it is acting like it has an extremely low chance to be applied, possibly <1%. I can be doing something wrong or missing something for all I know, but I can't find any info on it.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I have tried toggling the Form on and off when switching zones, and that does not seem to help. I'll test that again when I get the chance however.
I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
Post edited by purin1 on

Comments

• Options
    blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tested this a little for you and it seems like the advantage doesn't seem to apply properly unless you also have the "Swallowtail cut" Advantage from Scything blade.

Without that advantage, I couldn't seem to get the debuff to proc, ever, and I'm talking some hundreds of attacks using various powers of different ranges, types, and framworks. However, the moment I selected that advantage, it was working every time.

I'm guessing there's a misappropriated flag that's requiring both advantages. Also seems to fit with your described build.

I'm also realizing that I left the game, logged back in to double check a test, logged out again, and...forgot to file the bug report.

Sunovabitch!
  • Options
    purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for that.

I've been toggling the form on and off frequently, and that seems to help. Though it still seems to bug out quite often. I will look into taking Scything Blade now because of this.

I will also file the bug report since I am getting online now. Getting this thing fixed along with Aspect of the Bestial and other bugged powers would be nice.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.