test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dark Energy manipulator - Darkness Build

gradiigradii Posts: 11,716 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Builds and Roles
I might have some unnecessary powers here, shadow blast is mostly there for fear and stun,
and might take a rez as the last open power slot. any suggestions?

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Black Sun

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
Level 15: Ego (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Void
Level 6: Amazing Stamina
Level 9: Quick Recovery
Level 12: Boundless Reserves
Level 15: Wordly
Level 18: Tireless
Level 21: Daredevil

Powers:
Level 1: Shadow Bolt (Despondency)
Level 1: Shadow Blast (Rank 2, Psychotic Break)
Level 6: Shadow Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Shadow Embrace (Rank 2, Dark Displacement)
Level 11: Spirit Reverberation
Level 14: Concentration
Level 17: Lifedrain (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Dark Transfusion (Blood Sacrifice)
Level 23: Ebon Ruin (Nyctophobia, Paranormal Paranoia)
Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Unbreakable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
Level 35: Ebon Void (Voracious Darkness)
Level 38:

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Athletics

Specializations:
Constitution: Fuel My Fire (3/3)
Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
Constitution: Quick Healing (3/3)
Constitution: Armored (2/2)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: Tenacious (2/2)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)
Post edited by gradii on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Summon Shadows are always nice (and theme-fitting here), but a Res isn't a bad idea either (at least imo, unless ya have a celestial become or something).

Nice shadowfeind build.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    edited January 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    its actually not. she's a dark energy projector/energy drainer. a hero of SCIENCE not magic or anything magic related :tongue:

doesn't make sense to me, given the abilities already listed, but hey if it does to you then more power to ya. Res Serum for SCIENCE! it is.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you switch CON and END, you would find significant utility in the END tree for Darkness. Readiness, Hardened, and Outburst are great. Readiness negates the need for REC and Hardened is a significant health boost to couple with CON. You'll find yourself keeping Dark Transfusion on cooldown to take advantage of Outburst - it makes a noticable difference.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm using shadow powers as dark energy, you can look it up if you havent heard of it. just because a power is in the mystic set doesn't mean it can't be used as something else if it looks like it. and dimensional damage is hardly something which should be confined to magic.

I very much agree. My toon that uses the Darkness power set (with a dash of Celestial) is RPed as a cosmic being. She's manipulates cosmic energy, not supernatural magic.

And I've got a nature-power based toon that has Shadow Embrace and Grasping Shadows both colored-hued green and are RPed as vines.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kallethen wrote: »
    I very much agree. My toon that uses the Darkness power set (with a dash of Celestial) is RPed as a cosmic being. She's manipulates cosmic energy, not supernatural magic.

And I've got a nature-power based toon that has Shadow Embrace and Grasping Shadows both colored-hued green and are RPed as vines.

I've got a Darkness/Celestial hero as well who is not "Magical" either, her powers are RP'd as manipulation of life energies.

Your build looks pretty well made
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • chemkchemk Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm using shadow powers as dark energy, you can look it up if you havent heard of it. just because a power is in the mystic set doesn't mean it can't be used as something else if it looks like it. and dimensional damage is hardly something which should be confined to magic.

My concept.... Dr. Ink (octopus in a power suit) uses darkness powers as 'INK'. :smile:

To the OP: Take a look at this thread
    Darkness Freeform. There has been an on going tweeking of a Darkness build. There are a lot of good tips and info.

Tjim6oX.png
    edited January 2014

I never said dimensional dmg should be 'magic-only' or anything of the like (that's a vague terminology anyways)- just that I didn't understand why the shadows would have to be disqualified necc. If you can use ur imagination to accept dark magic as dark energy manip instead, then its not such a stretch to have energy manifest in cohesive forms (instead of being ritualized summons).

At least imo, but again, ur the expert of ur own character's theme (and I dun mean that w/ sarcasm). I was just trying to help w/ a last power idea- is all.
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    flowcyto wrote: »
    If you can use ur imagination to accept dark magic as dark energy manip instead, then its not such a stretch to have energy manifest in cohesive forms (instead of being ritualized summons).

My Darkness build is science-themed and I include Summon Shadows using this justification as well. Works for me.
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    flowcyto wrote: »
    I never said dimensional dmg should be 'magic-only' or anything of the like (that's a vague terminology anyways)- just that I didn't understand why the shadows would have to be disqualified necc. If you can use ur imagination to accept dark magic as dark energy manip instead, then its not such a stretch to have energy manifest in cohesive forms (instead of being ritualized summons).

At least imo, but again, ur the expert of ur own character's theme (and I dun mean that w/ sarcasm). I was just trying to help w/ a last power idea- is all.

I got a light manipulator who uses summon shadows under a similar principle... for her they aren't actually manifested entities though, but the illusion of manifested entities created by devoiding an area of all light and giving solid form to the light that surrounds them.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • therakiel#5036 therakiel Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Downloads/DARKNESS.jpgGood build
  • rykus83rykus83 Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I was wondering if you filled that last power slot and or made any change to the build?