test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Champions Online beats STO!

flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
Champions Online has more downloads than STO!
-Champions Online Downloads: 2,077,532
-Star Trek Online Downloads: 2,022,789

Champions Online is also the 4th on the Top Games!

In ARC.
Source:http://www.arcgames.com/en/

And CO and STO (well NW has a undead ones...) don't advertice the games with female chests.
Good or bad thing....
moustache.gif
CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
And playing by myself since Aug 2009
Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was about to say 'Well, CO has been around longer...' but then you said ARC and I was like 'wuuuuuuuut?'
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We'll get new lockboxes soon enough to encourage more players.
  • Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That's pretty cool.

They should swap Gravitar or Sapphire in for that Defender image.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2014
    Heh, I was pretty happy to see that as well.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Over STO?...So how about that expansion?
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Considering most of PWI's game are crap, CO being above them all is hardly a surprise. The only games worth playing are those from the studios they bought.

Comic book nerd > Star Trek nerd

How the flagship game made it to #1 ... Never uninstalled a game so fast.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited January 2014
    Yay CO for president !!!
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I request proof.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is it any easier to use STO on Steam vs. CO?

Hmm.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    devtrackerdevtracker Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    On ARC only? Um, who cares. Well, I guess the OP does, obviously. But its also pretty obvious from painfully small amount of development this game gets that it falls FAR behind STO, NW, and probably most of PWE's other games. I mean, its simple economics: your top games get the most re-investment, and this is obviously not anything close to a top game from the microscopic budget it has.
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Posts: 1,748 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    zahinder wrote: »
    Is it any easier to use STO on Steam vs. CO?

Hmm.

No, but the protest was greater on the STO forums when Arc was first announced.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    devtracker wrote: »
    On ARC only? Um, who cares. Well, I guess the OP does, obviously. But its also pretty obvious from painfully small amount of development this game gets that it falls FAR behind STO, NW, and probably most of PWE's other games. I mean, its simple economics: your top games get the most re-investment, and this is obviously not anything close to a top game from the microscopic budget it has.

Obviously.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Also, if you guys want to make a statement about how awesome CO is (and inflate my ego), you could Like some of the screens in the media section. Just sayin', I'd love to screenshot that and send it to the Neverwinter product manager. :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    That sounds like an easy enough way to help show our support. Done!
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Neverwinter

STO

CO

Forsaken World

Rusty Hearts

War of the Immortals

CO may not be as popular as STO and Neverwinter, but is far more popular than Forsaken World. Or the other two. The ones PWI created. Also not a complete picture since I have no idea if you can get this kind of data for ARC games.
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Also, if you guys want to make a statement about how awesome CO is (and inflate my ego), you could Like some of the screens in the media section. Just sayin', I'd love to screenshot that and send it to the Neverwinter product manager. :biggrin:

Co-worker wars? Sign me up!
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    That's pretty cool.

They should swap Gravitar or Sapphire in for that Defender image.

But the one thing that makes us different is that we haven't't put some cheap Asian digital painting on to attract perverts. D:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'd take the perverts if it gets us another dev or two, but that's just me.

• Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I didn't even know we had this. <_<
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Boobs don't help a game. Just ask Evony Online... Oh wait, you can't because it shut down despite the ads making the game look like a harem simulator. Or maybe check out those stats (for arc and steam) that say the dead chick, the space nerds, and the penetrator are all more popular.

How the hell do you even get to the media page without knowing the URL? It's not linked at all from the product page. You would have to stumble upon it by clicking on one of the things that is actually linked on that page. Voted up a bunch of random stuff anyway.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Like and post and forward everything CO, people! The more Arc visual CO gets the more likely it will get PW attention that its a game being played over their dreadful titles.

Login with your PW account in the Arc login and click on every image and thumbs it up!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    2,000,000 downloads? ...where the heck are all those players? u3u

sterga wrote: »
    Boobs don't help a game. Just ask Evony Online... Oh wait, you can't because it shut down despite the ads making the game look like a harem simulator. Or maybe check out those stats (for arc and steam) that say the dead chick, the space nerds, and the penetrator are all more popular.

How the hell do you even get to the media page without knowing the URL? It's not linked at all from the product page. You would have to stumble upon it by clicking on one of the things that is actually linked on that page. Voted up a bunch of random stuff anyway.

This can be our tag line:

Champions Online: Finally A Game Where You Can Play A Man

should be a nice change for the majority of the mmo gaming community.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited January 2014

For what it's worth, while I have some deep frustrations and bitterness about CO (mainly in the neglect), much of it comes from the fact that _no_ other game offers what CO has.

If CO got a robust Foundry and some actual attention, I don't think I'd even look at another game.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014

That picture of Valindra gets me every damn time. Her nose has rotted off, and yet her boobs are as perky as a cheerleader's. That's either some awfully selective decomposition, or they gave undead access to silicone in 4E.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I normally don't do the whole "Like" thing, but this time I'll make an exception in the name of smug co-worker antics.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm just happy to see that Cryptic's games are not being treated like second class citizens with Arc.

Still, I'm holding off on installing the Arc client, but I'll see about Liking pics to the media section for TT. :)
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ok, this brings up 2 pwi related questions question that visiting their web pages doesn't answer,
    1. is war of the immortals and battle of the immortals just different localizations for different regions? they look the same but one seems to have more classes than the other. though the shared ones look the same.
    2. What happened to the werewolf race in forsaken world, thought they had one in one of their content releases, but now its not listed, did they remove it after the issue was over? that seems weird.

one funny thing is that i was lurking on pwi's(the game's not the company's) forums a while ago, and despite its status as the big name of the company, they are as negative and complain about being neglected for content as much as here.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Champions Online has more downloads than STO!
    -Champions Online Downloads: 2,077,532
    -Star Trek Online Downloads: 2,022,789

Champions Online is also the 4th on the Top Games!

In ARC.
    Source:http://www.arcgames.com/en/

And CO and STO (well NW has a undead ones...) don't advertice the games with female chests.
    Good or bad thing....
    moustache.gif

Ive been saying this for like ever U_U"

Champions Online does better than most people think. The Instances number only show a fraction of players in game as more than half of players are in mishes or alerts.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    Ive been saying this for like ever U_U"

Champions Online does better than most people think. The Instances number only show a fraction of players in game as more than half of players are in mishes or alerts.

nextposttaken. SO WHERE ARE THE 2 MILLION PLAYERS HMMMMMMMM? O3O
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That picture of Valindra gets me every damn time. Her nose has rotted off, and yet her boobs are as perky as a cheerleader's. That's either some awfully selective decomposition, or they gave undead access to silicone in 4E.

It's where she keeps her phylactery.

On the download numbers outstripping STO, I would point out that they hate hate hate ARC to death over there. So it's not a surprise to see it with a lower amount of downloads.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rianfrost wrote: »
    ok, this brings up 2 pwi related questions question that visiting their web pages doesn't answer,
    1. is war of the immortals and battle of the immortals just different localizations for different regions? they look the same but one seems to have more classes than the other. though the shared ones look the same.
    2. What happened to the werewolf race in forsaken world, thought they had one in one of their content releases, but now its not listed, did they remove it after the issue was over? that seems weird.

one funny thing is that i was lurking on pwi's(the game's not the company's) forums a while ago, and despite its status as the big name of the company, they are as negative and complain about being neglected for content as much as here.

1. BoI was first, and WoI came out a couple of years later. I suppose WoI could be thought of as a sequel of sorts?

2. The blurb for FW on it's page in the Arc site listed Lycans as a race. Not sure as I've only tried the game briefly back when it first was released and hadn't stuck with it.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Kall is right, WoI is basically a sequel. Lycans are in FW, yep.

And, as promised... :biggrin:

PointlessBragging.jpg
  • Options
    xvii013xvii013 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Images liked as well (although might not have made it in time for the screenie-mail) :)
  • Options
    riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bwahahaha! I just realized that NW has no likes on their pictures!
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I'm surprised the GROND wallpaper isn't voted to the top.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Kall is right, WoI is basically a sequel. Lycans are in FW, yep.

And, as promised... :biggrin:

PointlessBragging.jpg

No one likes your brown electricity temple, give us telekinetic brain-swords any day!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I didn't notice before... That's actually creepy. I don't even want to know what kind of people they're trying to attract with that.
    rianfrost wrote: »

As far as I can tell, PWI's policy is release and rot. As in they release a game and let it rot away. On the plus side, they don't seem to shut down their games often, if ever.

I can't imagine that many people who play CO downloaded from ARC. Most of PWI's game can only be downloaded through ARC. That doesn't say much for the already low numbers.
  • Options
    neurotrancerneurotrancer Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Comic book nerd > Star Trek

But what about the Star Trek Comics???
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you use Steam daily and check the current numbers you'll have noted that STO has 2,400 max concurrent daily players every day since it showed up on Steam in I think September 2012 with an average of 1,500 active players any given minute of any day at any hour.

Champions Online dropped off that list permanently at less than 600 max concurrent players playing daily and about 459 active players online some July afternoon in 2012.

Star Trek has shown up on the front page of Steam a few times and got an boost of current active users at peek hours to about 4000. Compare with Secret World which gets the same front page sales treatment every two months and gets 1,500 active players, and then falls off the chart in a day or two.

Or compare to Champions Online that gets 0% promotion and never achieves more than 500 active players at any given hour of any given day, while it is pulling in about 500 new people a day through random ARC hits.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Considering most of PWI's game are crap, CO being above them all is hardly a surprise. The only games worth playing are those from the studios they bought.

Comic book nerd > Star Trek nerd

How the flagship game made it to #1 ... Never uninstalled a game so fast.

yes, has my record for the fastest uninstall too. 10 minutes of the tutorial and I uninstalled it.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    2,000,000 downloads? ...where the heck are all those players? u3u (same place as the 3million for NW, been and gone)

This can be our tag line:

Champions Online: Finally A Game Where You Can Play A Man

should be a nice change for the majority of the mmo gaming community.

ROFLMAO, yep I can see that all the time.. thats a female with a huge chest (and bust) and another and another and another. Ooh look a female in boots, belt and long hair and another and another. I'll just leave Ren center now.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jennymachx wrote: »
    20110801170037.gif

The numbers are accurate. enough At a certain point this just needs to stop. We cannot claim a healthy population when perfectly good zones are left unpopulated. Add churn and things look even less positive.

Next and Spinny's numbers matter because they don't belong to Next or Spinny, but part of a larger record if one only looks. It leads to the same obvious conclusion. We need more players. Hooray for science.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The numbers are accurate. enough At a certain point this just needs to stop. We cannot claim a healthy population when perfectly good zones are left unpopulated. Add churn and things look even less positive.

Next and Spinny's numbers matter because they don't belong to Next or Spinny, but part of a larger record if one only looks. It leads to the same obvious conclusion. We need more players. Hooray for science.

Yes we need more players. The population hasn't been all that great. I get it. That doesn't mean we should go around spouting doomy BS using BS data as fact when not everyone plays the game thru Steam.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited January 2014

• Cheering for science.
    • Defending inaccurate "scientific" methods of data collection.

Pick one.

• Defending the same BS that, mechanically, made up the "The game is dying because the XFire numbers are dropping" argument that was fielded three years ago.

Pick none.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    deadhorse.gif~original
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    See, fury, the problem with next's numbers, as has been pointed out every time he throws them out there, is that he's using Steam statistics. And I don't know very many people who play this on Steam. (My roommate tells me that Steam eats an unacceptable level of system resources when running in the background.)

On the other hand, anyone who wants to download anything from Cryptic now and doesn't have (or doesn't want to use) Steam has to do it through Arc. And from what I've seen on my wife's new computer, it's easier to launch it through Arc at that point than it is to not launch through Arc (and it plays more nicely with the background), so that's going to give you better (albeit still imperfect) numbers.

Then there's the cherry-picking issue, but we've been over that plenty of times already...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited January 2014

And the best way to get more players is to incessantly post statistical debates on forums, because gamers love statistical debates and if they come here to our forums and don't see us debating statistics then they'll say "HAR HAR, what? No statistical debates? FACH! This be no place for one such as the likes of I! I shall verily now make haste yon towards yonder baked goods store for such likes of henceforth statistical debates in my mmos!".

Don't stop beating that dead horse until the entire room smells of putrid rotting horse meat! GAMERS WANT GAMES FILLED WITH THE SMELL OF PUTRID ROTTING HORSE MEAT! I SAW IT ON SPREADSHEET!
    beating-a-dead-horse-call-me-maybe.jpg
    deadhorse.jpg
    5e8.jpg

And don't even bother with the "We need to post about it until Cryptic hears us". They know already, get over yourselves.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Heres some actual facts:

For the last two years a certain player has been screaming TEH SKY IS FALLING LOOK AT MAH INSTANCE NUMBER SCREENIES GAME GONNA DIE IN SIX MONTHS!

Two years later we are still here and they still doing it. I love this game.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!