test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LTS rewards given on first day = means no more LTS rewards

finalslapsfinalslaps Posts: 198 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
So... LTS gets all their veteran rewards on first purchase of their membership. So I'm guessing this is their way of saying "We're not adding anymore new veteran rewards" huh?
Post edited by finalslaps on

Comments

• devtrackerdevtracker Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    finalslaps wrote: »
    So... LTS gets all their veteran rewards on first purchase of their membership. So I'm guessing this is their way of saying "We're not adding anymore new veteran rewards" huh?

No, there probably wont be any new veteran rewards, but not for the reason you mentioned. They could still add more rewards in the future, and people who sub monthly would have to reach them, while people who have LT subs would get them right away. You know, kind of like how it works right now if "new guy A" subs up for a month while "new guy B" buys a LT sub. Pretty easy to comprehend.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It was announced some time back that vet rewards were stopping at 1000 days. That has nothing to do with LTS getting that front-loaded - it's just that the rewards were meant as an incentive to stay subbed, and if you're LTS, you've subbed permanently, so making you wait makes no sense.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, 1000 day sub reward was maxed out a long time back, and the devs announced that that was it.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well it sure didn't take long for someone to come up with a "down side" to LTS getting all the vet rewards right away... bravo.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Well it sure didn't take long for someone to come up with a "down side" to LTS getting all the vet rewards right away... bravo.

There's always one like him.
  • finalslapsfinalslaps Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Actually I thought up this from the first day they announced LTS rewards were given instantly. I just didn't say anything so people would impulse buy and go LTS bringing in the money for Cryptic.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    LTS immediately being granted all Vet Rewards was a feature that went live in Star Trek Online prior to Champions, by several months, in fact. Both games had Devs state they were not going to go beyond the 1000 Day Vet Reward Mark.

Despite this announcement, STO back-filled several Romulan-themed items into the Vet Reward system after they added the new faction to the game. Further, just last month they pulled an item from the STO C-Store, so it's no longer for sale directly, and added it to the existing 500-Day Vet Rewards. LTS got these additions immediately.

So while this doesn't guarantee new things for the Champions' Vet system, it does set a precedent, and tells us it's not entirely impossible (however unlikely).

:smile:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Actually I thought up this from the first day they announced LTS rewards were given instantly. I just didn't say anything so people would impulse buy and go LTS bringing in the money for Cryptic.

frabz-is-that-so-5a1884.jpg
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I don't think you making a comment on the forums would have affected people's impulse buying habits in any way.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sweet merciful heavens! A Nicolas Cage sighting.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Lets just hope they add more to LTS rewards like they did in STO. Not a higher number of days, just more stuff.
  • leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I find CO has more/better LTS rewards then STO. It helps that CO doesn't have the heavy licensing fee to hold them back with. Last year STO has been getting better with adding and shuffling the rewards/items around, making it feel more worthwhile.
  • enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Further, just last month they pulled an item from the C-Store, so it's no longer for sale directly, and added it to the existing 500-Day Vet Rewards. LTS got these additions immediately.

Wait I missed that, what got pulled from the C-Store?:confused:
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    enixonbb wrote: »

After the burst of things when they turned on all the vet rewards I haven't seen anything new pop up on logging in to a character.

edit: Looks like he was referring to the STO LTS.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    edited January 2014
    Lets just hope they add more to LTS rewards like they did in STO. Not a higher number of days, just more stuff.
    Agreed +1
    enixonbb wrote: »
    ...edit: Looks like he was referring to the STO LTS.
    Sorry for the confusion Enixonbb and ThatCursedWolf. I went back and edited my post to hopefully clear that up.

I was talking about the EV Suits being pulled from the STO C-Store and added to STO's Vet Rewards.

STO was the first to get all vet rewards immediately awarded to LTS, then CO got it afterwards. If Cryptic adds things to STO's existing Vet Rewards, it's possible they might add more to CO.
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was talking about the EV Suits being pulled from the STO C-Store and added to STO's Vet Rewards.

One thing to keep in mind with those EV Suits - they were an extremely stupid Zen purchase and frankly an outright waste of money.

I honestly believe that the number of purchases was in the dozens at best.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    edited January 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    One thing to keep in mind with those EV Suits - they were an extremely stupid Zen purchase and frankly an outright waste of money.

Agreed. Especially at the price they were charging for them.... It was something like $8, right? At that was for just one copy for one character. I'd've thought they would have been more worthy if they were account bound at $5 - Ie the price of a uniform set.

But meh... Whatever... >shrug<
    jIBJh7X.jpg

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    somebob wrote: »

I bet half of those "dozens" were people buying them and hoping to sell them on the AH rather than actually using them. Then getting disappointed that no one would pay more for them than the Nukara suits.

Still, I wouldn't mind something equivalent being done for CO. And as mentioned they did go and back-create a romulan ship for the 1000-day award. So, anything is possible.

As always when it comes to CO, I choose to be optimistic.
  • foosnarkfoosnark Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm glad I got my 1000 day LTS rewards legitimately. Not like waiting 1000 days really required any special effort on my part, but still. It feels better that way.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hmm, I'm illegitimate for another 300 days. Have to remember that I'm a Bast...d
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg