test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kick-**** 2: The videogame looks like Champions-Online

eastgatewidoweastgatewidow Posts: 129 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Off Topic
In art style, UIG Entertainment's Kick-**** 2: The videogame looks like it has taken it's visual design cues straight from Champions-Online.

Dropping my knitting to buff you whilst hitting - Proudly protecting Millennium City's little ones since 2009.

@Mothers_Love
Post edited by eastgatewidow on

Comments

• aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not gonna lie, I thought that was a Champions screen at first. :P
    Champions: @ace112233
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Maybe that was Cryptic's Secret Project.........
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It can't be Champions, the graphics are too good.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Its sad we live in a day where players call those graphics terrible and always compare new games to AAA budgeted ones. This is why we only get expensive games instead of good ones.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm reminded of an old saying about the kind of audiophiles who wire their speakers with $1,000/ft lamp cord:

Some audiophiles don't use their equipment to listen to music, they use music to listen to their equipment.

There's a class of build-it-yourself gamers that fall into the same trap. If a game's graphics aren't sufficient to push their liquid-cooled quad-SLI rig to its limits, the game is the suckingest suck that ever sucked. It doesn't matter if the game is fun or not, or if it uses the "right" engine (read: whatever the latest Crysis, Battlefield, or CoD runs on).
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    meh, if I want to see realistic graphics. I'll look away from the screen.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I didn't say Champions graphics were terrible, just not as good as the screenshots.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?