test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I can't open the CO Wiki

guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
I wonder if it's down for everyone or just me? It's a nice resource to have even if it's only bare bones in places, I hope it's going to be back soon.
Post edited by guyhumual on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yup. Its down. Been since yesterday. About.
    Hope it's nothing to do with the ARC and it's coming Awesome Game Guides and Wikis....
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I noticed it was down yesterday as well, but I was getting spotty internet at the time so I thought the problem might have been on my end. Anyways I thought I'd better bring it up here on the off chance that whoever was running it wasn't aware that it was down. It is the holiday season after all.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yep, 504 Gateway Timeout.
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, been down for me sense yesterday as well.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    me too. hoepfuly its not ARC causign problmes.. again
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Here too. It just doesn't want to load.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Any reasons given for why it's been shut down yet?
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It being down wouldn't have anything to do with Cryptic or ARC since Lohr is the one who has been paying for it out of her own pocket. It's her website, not theirs. The company just links to it...while giving her no help with it...
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
    edited December 2013
    Well that's a shame, a company should fund their own online presence, and a wiki is a huge help to players like myself that aren't entirely familiar with the champions universe. I would like to thank Lohr for her work then, and I hope the site comes back at some point, but if not she's clearly already gone above and beyond the call of duty for a CO fan.
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Should we assume Lohr ran out of funds?
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The only thing we should assume is that there is an issue with the host and that Lohr isn't back from the holidays yet to notice.
    edited December 2013
    It being down wouldn't have anything to do with Cryptic or ARC since Lohr is the one who has been paying for it out of her own pocket. It's her website, not theirs. The company just links to it...while giving her no help with it...

Thanks for that, I was getting confused about the ARC comments, as I was pretty damn sure Cryptic/PWE had nothing to do with the wiki. ("Is there another ARC I'm not aware of that's an ISP?") It seems everyone wants to blame ARC for everything.
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It seems everyone wants to blame ARC for everything.

You could say it was...

Another ARC Tangent.

-A CO tangent cosigned by Beast
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    aiqa wrote: »

It's useful. Slow load from page to page, but still useful.

Also, the search function doesn't search.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You could say it was...

Another ARC Tangent.

Puns like this, that aren't derivative, are integral to the proper operation of a forum like this.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • xmyuikixxmyuikix Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You could say it was...

Another ARC Tangent.

ARC is now active. *ahem* I mean Skynet. :biggrin:
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's useful. Slow load from page to page, but still useful.

Also, the search function doesn't search.

Unfortunately only static content can be archived.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Yup. Its down. Been since yesterday. About.
    Hope it's nothing to do with the ARC and it's coming Awesome Game Guides and Wikis....
    moustache.gif

If PWE has screwed with all Lohrs work it will mean they are really a bunch of massive tools who are out of touch with their player base. No one wants ARC U_U
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sadly, it's still down (504 Gateway Time-out).

:frown:

Any updates to the Wiki's status?
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey guys, I got in touch with Lohr. The situation is that she's no longer hosting the wiki. She has made a backup of it, and will be giving it to the developers, so hopefully it'll be back up in the near future.
    biffsig.jpg
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh, I'm sure the developers will get right on that.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited December 2013
    Oh crap.

Maybe it's time for that plan b (i.e. someone else on this list wanting to start up a site like it) happens now. Still I hope it's soon.
  • mrinfinitummrinfinitum Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    awwww....sadness...:confused::eek::frown:
    edited December 2013
    Hey guys, I got in touch with Lohr. The situation is that she's no longer hosting the wiki. She has made a backup of it, and will be giving it to the developers, so hopefully it'll be back up in the near future.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

{ reaches for head ready to tear out hair before realizing that nature already took it }
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited December 2013

...Right.

You know what? This is the moment of truth. The developers' actions here will show whether they do or do not care anymore.

Here's hoping they surprise us all.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
    edited December 2013
    Maybe CO Wiki finally gets the same dedication that STO and NW Wikis get.
    moustache.gif
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited December 2013

:/

Well, if that's the case- I would like to give Lohr a massive thank you (and a hug) for all the help that wiki has provided me. Hope it actually has a future now..
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I honestly don't blame Lohr for giving up hosting the wiki. It seemed like a thankless job at the end of the day, especially when Cryptic had no hand in maintaining it and had the audacity to slap the link of it on their main site like it was theirs.

So now that it's "theirs", let's see what they're going to do with it.
    edited December 2013
    Same here. Respect is a two-way street and I'm surprise she kept it up as long as she did (Or that she still has any interest in CO now).
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It would truly be a pity if PWE/Cryptic let that wonderful resource disappear. I hope they have the wherewithal to take it on.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    It would truly be a pity if PWE/Cryptic let that wonderful resource disappear. I hope they have the wherewithal to take it on.

It would, however, be in-character (see: legacy items/costumes/etc)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Now I must play this game .... based on my MEMORY? That recently most ephemeral part of my .... um .... uh ............ I like cake better than pie cuz pie has too many chewy things .... I think.:confused:

I've always appreciated our wiki goddess and the multitudes who try to keep it relevant and current. Often thankless and sometimes the actual point of heated discussion. But, still a resource that many of us rely on.

Thank you, Lohr, for keeping it going as long as you did.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I posted this in the wiki memorial thread, figured I'd share it here too: archive to the wiki. Somewhat slow to load, but it should do until the devs get the backup.
  • williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vizzone wrote: »
    I posted this in the wiki memorial thread, figured I'd share it here too: archive to the wiki. Somewhat slow to load, but it should do until the devs get the backup.

Watch as they change the Wiki link on the Champions page to this archive version. :P
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
    edited January 2014
    I am pretty sure that Lohr created the CO WIKI for the players.

There are a lot of things I never would have accomplished, in game, with out the Wiki.

Thank you, Lohr. Hope you are enjoying what ever you are doing now.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • raakshiraakshi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, thanks Lohr. For the couple of years I've been with the game, your site has made it possible for me to really enjoy myself. It will be missed, but hopefully you're up to some good!

In the meantime, while we wait for the devs to decided on what to do with the resources they've been given, should we just flesh out a wikia? :I I doubt it'd be too difficult so long as a tiny bit of effort is put in. That way, if this ever happens again- where we lost one resource- we'll have our own back up. I could just make a new wikia to start from scratch, then advertise it a little to those of us that care.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am pretty sure that Lohr created the CO WIKI for the players.

There are a lot of things I never would have accomplished, in game, with out the Wiki.

Thank you, Lohr. Hope you are enjoying what ever you are doing now.

I pretty sure Lohr will go down the greatest Super Hero CO has ever seen. Even though I think shes a bit of a meany pants :/

All the power to ya peacock butt I salute you o7

*also thanks for all the help =^.^=
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited January 2014
    raakshi wrote: »
    Yeah, thanks Lohr. For the couple of years I've been with the game, your site has made it possible for me to really enjoy myself. It will be missed, but hopefully you're up to some good!

In the meantime, while we wait for the devs to decided on what to do with the resources they've been given, should we just flesh out a wikia? :I I doubt it'd be too difficult so long as a tiny bit of effort is put in. That way, if this ever happens again- where we lost one resource- we'll have our own back up. I could just make a new wikia to start from scratch, then advertise it a little to those of us that care.

STO's wiki is on Gamepedia. If Cryptic doesn't do anything with Lohr's files (which is extremely likely) we could always make the new one there.
    edited January 2014
    Anyway someone can contact Lohr to get those files and set up a new one on Gamepedia or start a new one now there-just in case.

Just saying.
    edited January 2014
    Before we go talking about putting up IP on other site we have to know if this is acceptable. Champions Online and the Champions RPG by Hero games are owned by two different companies and perhaps one of the reasons there is a stall is that someone needs permission to put up the information. I'm well aware that Star Trek is owned by other company as well but this is likely the work of a fan collective rather Cryptic. If a company were to build something like the wiki they might need permission to do so.

Just a thought.
    edited January 2014
    Cryptic owns Champions IP. And is leasing it to Hero Games.
    moustache.gif
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Before we go talking about putting up IP on other site we have to know if this is acceptable. Champions Online and the Champions RPG by Hero games are owned by two different companies and perhaps one of the reasons there is a stall is that someone needs permission to put up the information. I'm well aware that Star Trek is owned by other company as well but this is likely the work of a fan collective rather Cryptic. If a company were to build something like the wiki they might need permission to do so.

Just a thought.

No, Cryptic owns the Champions IP. However, yes, the wiki was a private venture made and hosted by a player who has moved on to other games.
    biffsig.jpg
  • strykor1977strykor1977 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There's always this site, but it's been out of date since 2011.

http://championsonline.wikia.com/wiki/Champions_Online_Wiki
    edited January 2014
    There's always this site, but it's been out of date since 2011.

http://championsonline.wikia.com/wiki/Champions_Online_Wiki

ACK!

http://championsonline.wikia.com/wiki/Rogues_Gallery_Perks

MY EYES! MY EYES!

But seriously, it looks like it need a serious overhaul.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ACK!

MY EYES! MY EYES!

So, who will start working on making it up to date?
    edited January 2014
    Feel free to start, since its available for all.
    Shouldn't be hard to find all the people that were so eager to start and help the last 2 Champions Wiki attempts that didn't quite get much wind under their wings.
    Or sit down and wait for whats happening with the CO Wiki.
    moustache.gif
    edited January 2014
    ACK!

MY EYES! MY EYES!

Yeah, I wouldn't wish Wikia on my worst enemy. The site uses that damn virused ad-service.
  • masterzenshoumasterzenshou Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I just came back to the game and without the wiki, I have no idea where I left off with my character or where to begin with new ones.

I have no idea how to go about gearing my 40's now. >_<

So saaaaaaaaaad!
  • gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If we can get the site's data, I might be able to swing the hosting costs if someone else can do the administration of it. Or I suppose I could learn how to do that, if need be...

And yes, I'm aware of how much it cost Lohr to keep it up since F2P hit. Though a service of that potency probably won't be necessary with our current diminished population.