test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is considered a "blast" power

mcgarnacklemcgarnackle Posts: 31 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Power Discussion
Hi all,

I'm looking for some clarification. The Avenger tree specialization tree skill called "pre-emptive strike" states "Your Ranged Blast attacks cause your next non-Blast Ranged attack to deal an additional 5% base damage."

That seems pretty straight forward. If you use a power labelled as a "blast" (such as force blast, eldritch blast, ice blast, shadow blast, etc...) and follow it with a "non-blast" type power then you'll get the damage bonus.

My question is, are there some powers classified as blast powers but are not described that way in game? Will Power Armor's concussor beam (which is described as a "repel" in game) or any of the energy builders fill the requirement of a "blast" power to trigger the bonus?

I'm interested in using this Avenger skill but I am a PA user and none of the powers are described as a "blast".

Thanks for any input!
Post edited by mcgarnackle on

Comments

• kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Last I looked the blast tags in game were accurate. Powers labeled as blasts are, powers not labeled that way are not.

No energy builder in the game is a blast. Concussor is not a blast power either.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As Kenpo says, Blasts are all marked. Below is an example of a Blast power, as seen in the training window. You can also see the "Blast" label on the popup that appears when you mouseover an applicable power.

blast.jpg

Blasts are typically the ranged equivalent of Combos for melee sets. Most ranged powersets will have one blast in T0 or T1.
    Last I looked the blast tags in game were accurate. Powers labeled as blasts are, powers not labeled that way are not.

No energy builder in the game is a blast. Concussor is not a blast power either.

As far as Preemptive Strike works, rebuke isn't a blast power. I haven't tested the other specs.
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi all,

I'm looking for some clarification. The Avenger tree specialization tree skill called "pre-emptive strike" states "Your Ranged Blast attacks cause your next non-Blast Ranged attack to deal an additional 5% base damage."

That seems pretty straight forward. If you use a power labelled as a "blast" (such as force blast, eldritch blast, ice blast, shadow blast, etc...) and follow it with a "non-blast" type power then you'll get the damage bonus.

My question is, are there some powers classified as blast powers but are not described that way in game? Will Power Armor's concussor beam (which is described as a "repel" in game) or any of the energy builders fill the requirement of a "blast" power to trigger the bonus?

I'm interested in using this Avenger skill but I am a PA user and none of the powers are described as a "blast".

Thanks for any input!

Power Armor has a Blast skill, its Power Gauntlet
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • mcgarnacklemcgarnackle Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the replies guys (gals)!