test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How many XP buffs that can stack

jedite2012jedite2012 Posts: 334 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
I am level 37 and i am just burnt out in questing and alerts it takes too long. How many XP buffs can stack

I usually have heirlooms, Grab buff and the 1 hour XP boost item
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jedite2012 on

Comments

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jedite2012 wrote: »
    I am level 37 and i am just burnt out in questing and alerts it takes too long. How many XP buffs can stack

That's about it. You can wait for double XP buff!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If XP boost items gave you double XP that would be awesome. :)
  • Options
    grengrasgrengras Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No offense is meant, and I really hope I am not driving anyone away from this game with these comments I am posting here, but if you think the XP grind is bad here I am just flabbergasted. I never have deliberately level grinded and I still have several maxed out alts, and I know people who got from 1-40 in a single day even after the alert changes.

Seriously, being level 40 isn't really all that hot anyway. Sure you can use that legion gear and get access to things like NemCon or TT, but before I ever ran those I did not even realize I was missing anything.

Besides the reality is that a vast majority of the level 40 characters get shoved into a closet and never again see the light of day until someone has a sudden bout of "Remember that time..." or "I wonder why I don't play that char anymore..." - at which point it gets shoved back into the closet, or a different level 40 from their fleet gets shoved there instead.

In personal opinion it is my belief that in many ways it is just too easy currently to hit 40, and not really that valuable a goal to boot. So, yeah, this thread is really startling to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It depends, some people get sick of doing the same missions again and again, I already got sick of westside after the alert change, now i am forced to do westside which is perhaps the most boring part ever
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can agree with that. Westside is boring but if you stack your boost in the PH.

1. If you have a slotted gear spare in hideout(if you have one or from mailbox storage)also grab a vehicle mod.

2. Get your defender missions. Grab the other Kodiak mission you get for stepping out of the PH.

3. Talk to drifter.

4. talk to Toymaster, read up on perks, hand in.

5. do your crafting missions, after learning a craft. yes you can do this straight away. you only need a peice of slotted gear.

6. go to kodiak.hand in your 2 missions for him

thats one and a half, maybe 2 levels gone.

as for stacking xp.

I've had, heirloom, grab, boost, and grab. yes 2 grabs, for some reason it gave me a second one after doing a second alert. So I spammed missions and handed in while it lasted.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    I've had, heirloom, grab, boost, and grab. yes 2 grabs, for some reason it gave me a second one after doing a second alert. So I spammed missions and handed in while it lasted.

Was that just after the Alert changes? As I recall, the old Smash XP boost was renamed to Grab, but was still a separate buff, so you could get two Grab boosts for a limited time. This is, of course, no longer possible.

Under normal circumstances, these are the available XP boosts and their stacking rules:
    -Double XP (100%). Lasts 4 hours. Does not stack with itself; new applications refresh the duration. Stacks with all other boosts.
    -Grab XP (15%). Lasts 1 hour. Does not stack with itself; new applications refresh the duration. Stacks with all other boosts.
    -XP Booster (20%). Lasts 1 hour. Does not stack with itself; new applications add their duration to any remaining time. Stacks with all other boosts. Favor if the Champions, XP Boost and Anniversary XP Boost all apply this buff.
    -Heirloom XP (3%). Lasts 3 seconds, constantly refreshed as long as the granting equipment is equipped. Stacks with itself up to three times, once per piece of equipped Heirloom Primary Gear (9% total). Stacks with all other boosts.

Resource Boosts function the same way, except that they come in only two forms:
    -Smash Boosts function like Grab Boosts.
    -Resource Boosts and Anniversary Resource Boosts function like XP Boosters.
    edited December 2013
    Nope I got it with 2 consecutive alerts. It was really weird but useful since I was doing MI missions at the time

• Options
    edited December 2013
    I think they should make it so the grab buffs stacks with each other..maybe 3 times equals 3 hours max to be fair.

Sometimes i don't really want to run alerts (since the change) and 1 hour isn't long enough.

Now if the smash alerts gave XP i would be happy to run it whenever i need the buff

I think since the change grabs AND smash queue are longer than before, unless its a nemesis
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rstzedrstzed Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have had four at one time. Witchcraft 2X, Smash (now grab), XP boost and nemesis legacy gear. They are additive so I had 100% + 15% +20% +9% so 144% XP.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    where and how do u get the witchcraft xp boost
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    some special events, its usually over a weekend.

halloween I think was one. winter event sometimes.
    when she is there. she's on the little stand outside the PH

• Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    grengras wrote: »
    -Bla bla bla, I hate my 40s.-

Some people like to be at level cap and have no interest in being any other level. I don't like to level and will very rarely do so anymore. Just because leveling is fast doesn't make it any less painful.

Also: Being in a team still gives an XP boost as far as I know.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    illuminia87illuminia87 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Honestly I dont see why they don't add Z-store item "XP boosters"; 25%, 50%, 100%, 200%. have them last roughly X amount of in-game play time. (honestly taking this from BF4 what with there battle packs you can unlock and sometimes get boosts.) Of course you can only have one XP booster active. if you try to activate another it gives you a warning pop-up saying that if you accept you will lose the time and bonus of the previous XP booster and the new one will replace it. ergo no stacking boosters.

People who like doing missions can still do mission at their leisure, and those who are sick of doing the same missions over and over again, alert or otherwise, can get boosters, which ever they can afford to decrease the sheer amount annoying repetitiveness of it all as much as they want.

Also still kind of on topic...they ought to considerably raise NPC kill XP. Because you know some days you just want to murder, I mean 'arrest' every thug on the streets and have it not be a waste of time heh.
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They DO sell XP boosts in the Zen store.
    edited December 2013
    Yeah but it would be nice to have boosters that have a more significant buff then what is available.
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jedite2012 wrote: »

Heirloom gear
    Double XP from Witchcraft (when available, not currently)
    XP booster consumable from C-store/Lockboxes
    Alert XP boost
    Holiday Candy XP boosts consumables...

Then, if you have high enough damage and survivability (vehicles are good for this), go to Resistance and kill Mega Destroids during "Story Experience" event. You can check your mission log for when these come around. These events last 3 hours and every kill in adventure packs has a high chance to award double XP during this window. This double experience is double the experience awarded to you after all other XP boosts are calculated...meaning if you have Witchcraft's buff active along with the others it's more than 4X the XP of the kill.

That's essentially how I went from 1-40 in 3.5 hours without resorting to some of the less than legitimate means still in the game.

GameClient2013-10-2521-51-33-13.png~original
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Heirloom gear
    Double XP from Witchcraft (when available, not currently)
    XP booster consumable from C-store/Lockboxes
    Alert XP boost
    Holiday Candy XP boosts consumables...

Then, if you have high enough damage and survivability (vehicles are good for this), go to Resistance and kill Mega Destroids during "Story Experience" event. You can check your mission log for when these come around. These events last 3 hours and every kill in adventure packs has a high chance to award double XP during this window. This double experience is double the experience awarded to you after all other XP boosts are calculated...meaning if you have Witchcraft's buff active along with the others it's more than 4X the XP of the kill.

That's essentially how I went from 1-40 in 3.5 hours without resorting to some of the less than legitimate means still in the game.

GameClient2013-10-2521-51-33-13.png~original

what, they didn't nerf the xp on something, like they did with the collossus