test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Now Available: Victorian Costume Set

dwightmcdwightmc Posts: 95 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Super News Network
Hey Champions,

Check out the new costume set available now on the C-Store.

http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1064811
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Really Really Classy!

Love the fact that we actually got a Bulky Victorian Dress! <3

FANCY~!

Also loving the fact that the Hat is available for Bestial and Monster heads

More Hairstyles for Beasts and Monsters please! :S Only Females got the Hairstyle :/
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, oddly enough when paired with some of the western stuff, you can make some interesting combinations.

NOTE: The shirt/vest clips REALLY bad with nearly anything outside this set.
  • aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    YES!!! This is perfect for one of my Nemeses!
    I think I'll make a few fancy sets for my heroes, too. :o
    Champions: @ace112233
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Cool set, I'll have to pick this up when I get some more Zen. :smile:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also Tested the hair of the female hair and it works on Beasts heads. Lol my charecter looks intresting with it.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Love the mutton chops, but can we get a modern, stylish beard? There really isn't anything close in the game. Everything is some sort of mutton chop variation... or a hobo beard.

So, to summarize, like this:
    p71geRu.jpg

But not like this:
    k3RqXfx.jpg
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Great set. Time to go wassail on a giant Teddy-bot.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am really excited about this costume set!

I'm disappointed with the lack of previews,

But mostly I'm excited! Is there, perchance, a pipe in this set?
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    On one hand, I'd really like it if the females could wear the coat. On the other: Look at dat skirt!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For once I got lucky with a stipend!

(Historically, right after I get a stipend and spend it all, a sale/new costume set/new item I really want comes out.)
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    guyhumual wrote: »
    I am really excited about this costume set!

I'm disappointed with the lack of previews,

But mostly I'm excited! Is there, perchance, a pipe in this set?

Sadly no, there is no pipe, though adding that was never brought up in PTS...damn, wish I would'a thought of that :(
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I thought we already had muttonchops - Hypernova's been rocking that look for a while now.
    Hypernova_zpsffa583a9.png

The rest looks cool, though. Can't wait until I can give the Ferrous Gentleman a proper monocle.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    BUG: Male Victorian Shoe Spats have the shoe AND spat linked to the first color, whereas the female version has the spat linked to the fourth color slot as it should be.

Really disappointed this bug went live.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Neat, I was just thinking about a steampunk character since the costume pieces from last year are no longer bound on pickup. Ran into a minor annoyance that's been around for a while, though:

r08s.png

Any chance we can get a scroll bar in the tailor? Sure, Cape is clickable, but this costume has three tabs hidden under that. I can get to them by removing some pieces and changing categories (short gloves to long to remove bracers, for instance), but being able to just scroll down would be less hassle.

And while I'm making requests, I'd like individual costume pieces' fourth color's preview-ability to get fixed. Getting a bit tired of having to click each color individually to see how it looks, then reopen the palette if I dislike it.

Well, I can wish, can't I?
  • benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vizzone wrote: »
    Neat, I was just thinking about a steampunk character since the costume pieces from last year are no longer bound on pickup. Ran into a minor annoyance that's been around for a while, though:

r08s.png

Any chance we can get a scroll bar in the tailor? Sure, Cape is clickable, but this costume has three tabs hidden under that. I can get to them by removing some pieces and changing categories (short gloves to long to remove bracers, for instance), but being able to just scroll down would be less hassle.

And while I'm making requests, I'd like individual costume pieces' fourth color's preview-ability to get fixed. Getting a bit tired of having to click each color individually to see how it looks, then reopen the palette if I dislike it.

Well, I can wish, can't I?

Wow, I NEVER ran into that problem in the tailor somehow. Now that I know about it, I'm sure it will be a constant problem for me....

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You know what that victorian age gentleman is missing?
    A pipe.
    Every victorian age gentleman smokes a pipe.
    english_5.jpg?itok=NHui12fC
    sherlock-holmes.jpg
    draft_lens19083310module156563485photo_1327526859Brett4.jpg
    See.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Interesting set, though the jacket and blouse for women clip with many of the options in the jackets section and you can't use the jacket under the chest option with the animal patterns from skins without looking mostly naked.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Quite classy. The website version of the C-Store is only showing one screenshot despite the differences in the male and female outfits.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't know what's weirder. The fact that I suggested this on the Costume suggestion thread or... I dunno.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    well
    1. new costume set in c store. happy about that, will purchase in a few mins.
    2. this will go well with my steampunk gadgeteer, double happy.

keep em coming, ill keep buying them.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is a fantastic cosmetic addition to the game! :cool:

applause.gif

Next up can we PLEASE get formal military wear? (especially for females) Or even just a second emote pack, would really love it if you all continued with animations (including making idle animations less repetitive... but that's a whole other topic)

PS: Fix the bug, add a scroll bar to the tailor GUI, and add in a pipe.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited December 2013
    This is a very nice costume.

What is even better, is an universal one, since it has formal wear parts and is of use not only for steampunk heroes.
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Next up can we PLEASE get formal military wear? (especially for females)

^Also, yes:

uniform5.jpg
    article-1385131-0BF94B7A00000578-556_964x632.jpg
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Next up can we PLEASE get formal military wear? (especially for females) Or even just a second emote pack, would really love it if you all continued with animations (including making idle animations less repetitive... but that's a whole other topic)

PS: Fix the bug, add a scroll bar to the tailor GUI, and add in a pipe.

A military uniform pack has been at the top of my most wanted costumes for years, so YEAH!
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited December 2013
    article-1385131-0BF94B7A00000578-556_964x632.jpg

BRB Defecting to another military.
    edited December 2013
    The Victorian dress doesn't mesh with the Tesla coils I noticed. Any chance that could get fixed when you tweak this set?
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Victorian dress doesn't mesh with the Tesla coils I noticed. Any chance that could get fixed when you tweak this set?

The new set doesn't mesh well with some of its own parts let alone parts from other sets.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Really cool, interesting pieces in this set for mix'n'matching! Gotta love the skirt. Reading through the comments, I noticed a few players liked the beard/mutton chop but would like a more modern version. And I was like, "Oh, I might have something in the back, sir". :D
    voyagersix wrote: »
    Love the mutton chops, but can we get a modern, stylish beard? There really isn't anything close in the game. Everything is some sort of mutton chop variation... or a hobo beard.

Something similar to what this guy's got going? :wink:
    cfset.jpg

This woulda-been a costume set suggestion, done ages ago. Civilian outfits for our more style-savvy fashion-forward heroes, when out clubbing or to a nice cocktail party - I felt that while Heroic Formal was very nice and all, it was a little prom-sy. So this would have been a more modern take, "I'm a rockstar", young Hollywood, David and Victoria Beckham kinda thing. The set would also come with a hairstyle for each gender, and facial hair for our handsome boys.

It's completely unfinished even as just a mockup (bear with me :p), I dropped the whole thing when I realized the set maybe wouldn't be all that popular. If there's interest, however, I could probably drop what I managed to get done in the Suggestions Box; but regardless, there's a CO-style( approximate, attempt) to a modern, stylish beard. :tongue:
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    spordelia wrote: »
    Really cool, interesting pieces in this set for mix'n'matching! Gotta love the skirt. Reading through the comments, I noticed a few players liked the beard/mutton chop but would like a more modern version. And I was like, "Oh, I might have something in the back, sir". :D

cfset.jpg

This woulda-been a costume set suggestion, done ages ago. Civilian outfits for our more style-savvy fashion-forward heroes, when out clubbing or to a nice cocktail party - I felt that while Heroic Formal was very nice and all, it was a little prom-sy. So this would have been a more modern take, "I'm a rockstar", young Hollywood, David and Victoria Beckham kinda thing. The set would also come with a hairstyle for each gender, and facial hair for our handsome boys.

It's completely unfinished even as just a mockup (bear with me :p), I dropped the whole thing when I realized the set maybe wouldn't be all that popular. If there's interest, however, I could probably drop what I managed to get done in the Suggestions Box; but regardless, there's a CO-style( approximate, attempt) to a modern, stylish beard. :tongue:

Love the beard, and the set.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited December 2013
    cfset.jpg

I love it, to be honest. We most certainly need more face and hair features for both genders. I'm not sure how you make these, but I'd also like to see something like this:

0A3Wcol.jpg

Most of the existing leather jackets in the game are WAY too bulky.
    edited December 2013
    Most of the existing leather jackets in the game are WAY too bulky.
    Well it is set in Detroit. It gets cold in the winter.
    edited December 2013

Vibora Bay doesn't...
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    On the other hand, I've run through Lynx's Fold in nothing but a set of tights, and didn't have an issue, so... :smile:

And yes, a beard like that would be wonderful. Heck, I'd settle for some of the trimmed-beard styles from STO (I think the new version of Blackwing could really rock a Riker).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited December 2013

cfset.jpg

Good lawrdy I want these haha
  • nicey102nicey102 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    spordelia I love those costumes, now all we need is sleeveless trechcoats PLZ PLZ PLZ I need them sleeveless trechcoats is a must
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Alrighty then, I guess it's a go. See you guys at the Suggestions Box! :wink::smile:
  • imthenightmareimthenightmare Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    champions does not work, it's broken for me.
    edited December 2013
    It's broken for
    everyone2.jpg
    moustache.gif
    edited December 2013
    then fix it, for forks sake.
    edited December 2013
    Ok.
    Brb.

*UPDATE!
    OK.
    Tech support is on the job!
    gatitos+arreglando+un+ordenador.jpg
    moustache.gif
    edited December 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Ok.
    Brb.

*UPDATE!
    OK.
    Tech support is on the job!
    gatitos+arreglando+un+ordenador.jpg
    moustache.gif
    Those darn kittens scared off the hamsters that power the servers!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited December 2013
    cfset.jpg

I like this male outfit. It's a wishful thinking, but he looks good and manly.
    It's hard to make it with already existing parts if you are not going for retro/steampunk. I want his facial hair and haircut.
    edited December 2013
    They seriously should hurry up, I'm bored... :rolleyes:
  • cynlover01cynlover01 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As nice as a pipe would be, don't hold your breath.

If they include a pipe/cigarette/cigar in the game, they would have to modify(and possibly re-submit) their ESRB rating to include "tobacco references"; wouldn't they?

I have no doubt that Cryptic long ago considered this, and decided they didn't need the grief.

While I don't smoke myself, one of my existing character concepts is a smoker, and I feel your pain, guyhumual.
    "Solomon Monday; Mage-for-Hire. Demons excorsised, curses lifted, lost things found; all at very reasonable rates.

Here's my card..."
    edited December 2013
    Purchased the Victorian Costume Set last night. Pretty Nifty, thanks!
    cynlover01 wrote: »
    ...If they include a pipe/cigarette/cigar in the game, they would have to modify(and possibly re-submit) their ESRB rating to include "tobacco references"; wouldn't they?
    Does Champions even still have an ESRB Rating? Back around the time just after Cryptic was purchased by PW, I seem to recall reading that STO lost (gave up/discontinued) their ESRB Rating... Looking at the bottom of the CO website, I no longer see the rating icon that used to be there... ??

Anyway, +1 for more beards, +1 for pipe, +1 for Spordelia's modern, rockstar, young Hollywood, David and Victoria Beckham-ish outfits.

Just generally +1 for costumes. I love costumes. I buy 'em all! :biggrin:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm loving how Cute the Hat looks on Bestial Heads!

The only thing this set needs is a Smoking Pipe on mouth assesories, and a Pocket Clock hanging either from the Emblem Front or from the Side Accessories or both (MORE CLOCKS)

(Victorian Set WITHOUT CLOCKS? What is this?) :eek:

Also a Victorian FEMALE HAT Would be nice!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • neurotrancerneurotrancer Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    avianos wrote: »
    I'm loving how Cute the Hat looks on Bestial Heads!

The only thing this set needs is a Smoking Pipe on mouth assesories, and a Pocket Clock hanging either from the Emblem Front or from the Side Accessories or both (MORE CLOCKS)

(Victorian Set WITHOUT CLOCKS? What is this?) :eek:

Also a Victorian FEMALE HAT Would be nice!

I second all the suggestions made so far...and I'm sure any made after my post are good too.

A pocket watch, with a 'check time' emote.
    A 'twirl the watch fob' emote would be cool too.
    A 'drop the monicle' emote could be very humorous.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited December 2013
    Does Champions even still have an ESRB Rating? Back around the time just after Cryptic was purchased by PW, I seem to recall reading that STO lost (gave up/discontinued) their ESRB Rating... Looking at the bottom of the CO website, I no longer see the rating icon that used to be there... ??

I don't know the details, but I do know that we don't use any ESRB branding.
    edited December 2013
    I don't know the details, but I do know that we don't use any ESRB branding.

I'd like some smokes, please.
    edited December 2013
    Well then, bring on the pipes and cigarstumps.
    Since hey, we gots the Smokestacks allready!
    moustache.gif
    edited December 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Well then, bring on the pipes and cigarstumps....

Indeed!

1241395132-SherlockHolmes382x307.jpg

XMEN3Wolverine.jpg
    jIBJh7X.jpg