test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes, December 12, 2013

dwightmcdwightmc Posts: 95 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Release Notes
Auras:
  • Legacy Aura Defiance no longer has the appearance of Ego Form when in an Always On Aura Slot.
  • Added another Legacy Aura Vendor to Ren Center, near the tailors. Added Legacy Vendors to Powerhouses just outside Greer & Harlick tailor outlets.
  • Auras no longer have 4x intensity when used in an In Combat slot, and will stack correctly with other auras of the same type for multicolored effects.

Costumes:
  • The following mouth accessories can now be used with half helmet: Goatee, Goatee Pharaoh, Soul Patch Long, Soul Patch, Ring Master, Vandyke, Tendril Goatee, Moustache, Moustache Long, Moustache Handlebar
  • Costume items in the C-Store will now list the unlocked costume parts for both male and female.

Items:
  • The temporary versions of Become Frank, Ghost, Mummy, Snowman, Gingerbread Man, and Toy Soldier have been reduced to "green" quality.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    kelplanktonkelplankton Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That was quick! Now I gotta get a bunch more Krackle Auras though...

Art, Animation, and Stuff:
    DA Tumblr Vimeo Youtube
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey, forum name bwdares. I bet this just made your day, huh?
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    edited December 2013
    You know, I think we need more Half-Helmets as is. Not enough, I say! Bring on more Helmets!
    edited December 2013
    Bug: Auras return to general inventory and not aura bag when changing to a build that doesn't have a particular aura equipped.

Also, any way you guys can get that steam-punk jetpack or Holiday Grab Bag to be a Clarence drop?
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is so awesome!!

I want for the next patch to allow the dragon helmet to be used with the vampire longjaw head! :D
    costume_mcpd_dragonhelm.jpg

+

Vampire_Long_Jaw_Head.png

Other half helmets will be good too :3

Me so english! Me talk you long time :B

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Aww still no lightning aura, give me stuff to buy darnit.
  • Options
    jonayzulyjonayzuly Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hope you guys add a water based power set or nature type to control animal or plant life, maybe a power that allows you to duplicate yourself kinda like gemini to confuse enemies an do half dmg of your original self and for each duplicant just lower he atk power more to even it out, perhaps a skeleton body parts to go with the skeleton no neck and skeleton hands for those wh want to make a living skeleton toon (Like Me). Just a few ideas i thought I suggest. Overall a fantastic game, keep up the awesome work.
  • Options
    jonayzulyjonayzuly Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hope you guys add a water based power set or nature type to control animal or plant life, maybe a power that allows you to duplicate yourself kinda like gemini to confuse enemies an do half dmg of your original self and for each duplicant just lower he atk power more to even it out, perhaps a skeleton body parts to go with the skeleton no neck and skeleton hands for those wh want to make a living skeleton toon (Like Me). Just a few ideas i thought I suggest. Overall a fantastic game, keep up the awesome work. I also agree with the dragon helm and vamp long jaw that would look cool.
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jonayzuly wrote: »
    Hope you guys add a water based power set or nature type to control animal or plant life, maybe a power that allows you to duplicate yourself kinda like gemini to confuse enemies an do half dmg of your original self and for each duplicant just lower he atk power more to even it out, perhaps a skeleton body parts to go with the skeleton no neck and skeleton hands for those wh want to make a living skeleton toon (Like Me). Just a few ideas i thought I suggest. Overall a fantastic game, keep up the awesome work. I also agree with the dragon helm and vamp long jaw that would look cool.

First off: Comment doesn't really belong here, just sayin'.

Secondly: Trust me, people (like myself) have been saying those things for a while now >.>

Truthfully I'd rather see a Sonic Powerset (sonic damage, but no Powerset that uses it primarily? Outrageous!) but that's just me.
    edited December 2013
    I remember there was someone who was just desperately asking for the facial hair to be added to half helms. I hope this makes their day.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ninjapiff wrote: »
    Hey, forum name bwdares. I bet this just made your day, huh?

I am still recovering from the heart attack I had when this hit PTS.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    xrazamax wrote: »
    I remember there was someone who was just desperately asking for the facial hair to be added to half helms. I hope this makes their day.

I have been asking for that for 4 years. I even made it on two ask cryptics, each time they said it was a good idea and that they would look into doing it. The day is finally here, not I kind'a want to take a half day. lol

...crap, what am I going to change my sig to now?
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Costume items in the C-Store will now list the unlocked costume parts for both male and female.

kwame-alexander.gif~original
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Sorry to go off-topic here...but how are you coming along with your ME Vanguard character?

I really want to know about your build.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dwightmc wrote: »
    • Added another Legacy Aura Vendor to Ren Center, near the tailors. Added Legacy Vendors to Powerhouses just outside Greer & Harlick tailor outlets.
    So does this mean we can purchase/unpurchase Legacy Auras to try them out while in the Powerhouses, or are those purchases still permanent?
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Since you can preview the Auras with vendor rotating them, i doubt it.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ouroborosinouroborosin Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So my launcher has tried to DL and apply the 12/12/13 patch about 25 times now...when I had the ARC launcher open, it said there was a file locked and not open for for writing and restarted. Now I'm trying the standalone launcher...same message. I am logged into my admin profile and have never locked any files in my system.

Any thoughts on a fix?
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    I have been asking for that for 4 years. I even made it on two ask cryptics, each time they said it was a good idea and that they would look into doing it. The day is finally here, not I kind'a want to take a half day. lol

...crap, what am I going to change my sig to now?

I can't wait for the day to change my sig. :)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    I certainly hope you plan on fixing the ego form and id mastery auras very soon. they make this GODAWFUL NOISE!!! who the hell wants that ever in a always on slot?!?! :mad:

sound, what sound? I don't hear a thing.
    I run with all sound off :biggrin:
    and after turning it on breifly to hear my nemesis, I remembered why I had it turned off.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sorry to go off-topic here...but how are you coming along with your ME Vanguard character?

I really want to know about your build.

It's kinda all over the place right now. Will be getting back to it soon since it's one of the only two sub-40 characters I have left at the moment.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I can't wait for the day to change my sig. :)

Maybe i should help by changing it to "# New stances and walk emotes!" :)
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So my launcher has tried to DL and apply the 12/12/13 patch about 25 times now...when I had the ARC launcher open, it said there was a file locked and not open for for writing and restarted. Now I'm trying the standalone launcher...same message. I am logged into my admin profile and have never locked any files in my system.

Any thoughts on a fix?

Launch directly from the application or command line.

or

Start with a making a folder called "Hidden" in the Champions Online Live directory, the first thing to hide is local data folder, Gameprefs.pref.
    Launch.
    If you still get the message, hide Dynamic.hogg in the piggs folder.
    Launch.
    If that don't work, start hiding whole folders so the game has to download and install all new stuff. Something will work.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So i went away for 1 hour and once I went back the Launcer keeps CRUSHING!
    The Launcher keeps crushing and giving me Error Report which wouldn't allow me to fill!

The Buttons are marked as Corrupted Pictures as well
    it gave me an Error to load the page as well (...?)
    Using Steam here

it crashed 6 Times! Now I can play the game

Well that was Weird

Edit: OOOOOH i get it, It was a Stealth Patch for the Victorian Set which did this
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is a great change:
    Items:

The temporary versions of Become Frank, Ghost, Mummy, Snowman, Gingerbread Man, and Toy Soldier have been reduced to "green" quality.

Although it's not the only type of thing which needs to be reduced to green or yellow rarity: common alert costume drops such as the GRAB stuff or Samurai costume parts, and the "box of power armor components".

More importantly though, this just goes to highlight why the Auction House's GUI is so terrible and in dire need of making it more streamlined and search-focused. For example in order to search for keys you have to explain to newbies that they must:
    • Menu list on the left needs to be set to "all"
    • Rarity color needs to be set to "any"
    • Clear out both level fields (which reset and you have to re-clear everytime you re-open the Auction House GUI window)
    • Type "key" in the text field.

PS: Overdrive and Aspect of the Bestial still need bug fixing too...