test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stealth Nerf: No more Avoidance Cores.

starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Posts: 66 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
The mission "Help a Bigfoot In Trouble" is no longer rewarding Avoidance Cores. This was one of the only methods in-game of acquiring these mods. This change was not mentioned in any patch notes. Please revert it, or add alternate methods of acquisition. Thanks.
Post edited by starboardnacelle on

Comments

• Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Agreed. This is a pretty needless change. This mission is only doable once ever per character, and the character has to be level 35+. There was no abuse of this reward. It was more of a rite of passage for getting a character that high.

What other possible method is there to obtain this mod? It was already pretty ridiculous to acquire.
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,105 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    Avoidance cores still drop from Vikorin and Bronze King. Nemcon should still drop them as well.
  • Options
    starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2013

It's still a bad change, regardless.
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Avoidance cores still drop from Vikorin and Bronze King. Nemcon should still drop them as well.

Fun. Time to start farming.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dang you guys are way way way way behind. Xeno discovered this change MONTHS ago. You guys should read the hero games section more :P. I don't post in it because everybody and everything in there is more sensitive than a bull in a china shop, but they all most of the time have the best and earlier information on any new developments.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »
    Everybody And Everything In There Is More Sensitive Than A Bull In A China Shop

and Just What Exactly Do You Mean By That?!?
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    and Just What Exactly Do You Mean By That?!?

He wasn't directing that at you. Ugh! Why are you so touchy!? Gawd! I'm THIS CLOSE to leaving!
    hidden disclaimer about being taken seriously and why it's bad
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    BY the way, the effect of those Avoidance cores is less now since the dodge nerf, anyway.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    BY the way, the effect of those Avoidance cores is less now since the dodge nerf, anyway.

I was going to ask if they were effected and got my anwser

Kind of stupid and pointless for the Dodge Nerf to apply on those Cores because
    1. they are Rare and drop only from Missions and certain Bosses
    2. their Main Gimmick IS Dodge / Avoidance (based on Type) for pete's sake

I understand nerfing Gambler's Lucky Gem, but Nerfing CORES which FOCUS on that aspect is downright ridiculous

In my opinion, Dodge/Avoid cores should be SUPERIOR compared to Gambler's Lucky Gem
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    avianos wrote: »
    I was going to ask if they were effected and got my anwser

Kind of stupid and pointless for the Dodge Nerf to apply on those Cores because
    1. they are Rare and drop only from Missions and certain Bosses
    2. their Main Gimmick IS Dodge / Avoidance (based on Type) for pete's sake

I understand nerfing Gambler's Lucky Gem, but Nerfing CORES which FOCUS on that aspect is downright ridiculous

In my opinion, Dodge/Avoid cores should be SUPERIOR compared to Gambler's Lucky Gem

They didn't nerf cores. They nerfed the whole Dodge/Avoid mechanic, more specifically, they changed the formula to place a steeper DR curve. The nerf was across the board. Also, from what I saw Avoidance didn't adjust a lot (unlike Dodge).

Though, I agree that cores that provide just one stat should give a little bit better of a bonus compared against the gem-style mods that can go in multiple kinds of gear.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The mission "Help a Bigfoot In Trouble" is no longer rewarding Avoidance Cores. This was one of the only methods in-game of acquiring these mods. This change was not mentioned in any patch notes. Please revert it, or add alternate methods of acquisition. Thanks.

Your "news" is very tardy sir... Most people I know in the game have all known this for months now.

Were you gone for awhile and just came back perhaps?

The reason they did this was to prepare for the dodge-gear nerf, which in turn is rumored to be a preparation for future patches that might actually see all of ours stats go up (talk about a new mini-Zone and a level cap increase... but we'll just have to wait & see if any of these come actually come to pass, so don't hold your breath)

In the long run I think the dodge-gear nerf (which wasn't so much chance the cores as it was changing the math formulas that the mods' stats effect) and removing the unrankable proto-mods (including avoidance cores, health cores, severity cores, etc.) was something good, but they should never have released them with On Alert in the first place. The playerbase as a whole does not react positively when you take something we have grown to liking and getting accustomed to and then nerf or remove it. That angers the players, as it frankly should.

FYI: I HATE stealth patches (good or bad) with a passion. It's simply laziness and sloppy miscommunication to not put a change in the patch notes. Take a few seconds if you have a centralized log. So you and I are in complete agreement if you want to make the point that stealth nerfs suck.

PS: You might be interested in this related reading (linking into the relevant section in which I have a suggestion you might like, related to avoidance cores): http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3812331&postcount=28
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There's still some avoidance cores out there. I got one like a week ago.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    actually any rewards that were actual odd mods- dodge/avoid/poenetration/resistance/ cd/cost discount got removed a while ago, while they still testing the dodge/avoid changes on the PTS. The ones for dodge 4's are all gone, the ones for avoid 4 also. There was about 10 missions on MI, Lemuria and Canada which dropped them.

I posted this in the PTS forums and here in discussion.

you can still get the cores as part of gear rewards but they are mainly 2/3's.

The Recog vendors got changed about the same time.

here you go
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=243821
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    poenetration

Are those the cores that increase your chance of being just in time... to be TOO LATE?
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just posted a couple of avoidance cores on the exchange a couple of days ago.
    Availability!
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Are those the cores that increase your chance of being just in time... to be TOO LATE?

the poenetration cores are the ones which make you do a monologue instead of hitting the explode bomb button, when a 'hero' comes in to stop you.
    I have a whole bunch on characters too, i always level my alts through MI and Canada to get the 4's.

• Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    actually any rewards that were actual odd mods- dodge/avoid/poenetration/resistance/ cd/cost discount got removed a while ago, while they still testing the dodge/avoid changes on the PTS. The ones for dodge 4's are all gone, the ones for avoid 4 also. There was about 10 missions on MI, Lemuria and Canada which dropped them.

I posted this in the PTS forums and here in discussion.

you can still get the cores as part of gear rewards but they are mainly 2/3's.

The Recog vendors got changed about the same time.

here you go
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=243821

So, this means that Vikorin does not drop them at all? I mean that is what it sounds like you are saying yet other people are saying Vikorin still does
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I believe they only got removed from mission rewards.

Ones pre-slotted in equipment rewards and drops from enemies seem to be unaffected. For now.
    edited December 2013
    The ones I listed are the level 4 mods you get as a reward. NOT random drops like Vikorin.

also the ones slotted in gear you can still get. Like mindslayers and hyenaswines.

• Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the Poenetration Cores Are The Ones Which Make You Do A Monologue Instead Of Hitting The Explode Bomb Button, When A 'hero' Comes In To Stop You.

Bwahahahaha
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2013

...I lawl'd....

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D