test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nemesis Henchmen Fade Away

royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Gameplay Bugs
When my Nemesis Henchmen finally show up, they immediate fade away and disappear before I can kill them and get my next Nemesis clue. I love the Nemesis system, and can no longer play it.

Does anyone else have this problem? I've noticed it now on all my toons.

I hope someone at Cryptic can shed some light.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Some do if you run away from them.
    Like take few fast step backwards.
    I think the Ice Demon ones use to dissapper no matter what.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,070 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, this happens a lot, sometimes the melee nemesis minions will run up to your face then vanish, I have no idea why this happens though.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the replies, guys. In this case, I'm definitely headed towards the minions and not away. Most of my toons are melee. Also, these two toons' Nemesis minions are robots and military thugs, respectively.

I keep hoping this problem will get fixed, it's been going on for a while now. I was also kind of hoping that others had this same issue. Not only because misery loves company, but so that Cryptic might be more inclined to fix it.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    to stop them vanishing, you have to damage one, ranged aoe works
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Welcome to another wonderful Feature of ON-ALERTS update! :mad:

The best thing to avoid it, is to make them appear and keep a distance from them until they attack you!

If they touch you without attacking you, they will instantly dissapear
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks a lot for your replies, guys.

I switched from robot/power armor minions to werewolf/supernatural minions, and my problem seems to have disappeared. (Instead of my nemesis minions disappearing!)

I may experiment with different types of minions in the future, but in the meantime the problem seems to have fixed itself.

Again, I appreciate your replies.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,927 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    royalflvsh wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for your replies, guys.

I switched from robot/power armor minions to werewolf/supernatural minions, and my problem seems to have disappeared. (Instead of my nemesis minions disappearing!)

I may experiment with different types of minions in the future, but in the meantime the problem seems to have fixed itself.

Again, I appreciate your replies.

The reason why this happens and im shocked that no one noticed this, but the reason why they vanish/fade away is because they sometimes fail to lock onto you and with no target to lock onto they just vanish away. This is properly a fail-safe to stop players from bringing out their nemesis minions and having them kill alot of low level players. As they will target the nearest player or NPC.

I had this happen to me once and a while but it fix's itself.

Also royalflvsh there are alot of bugs of this nemesis system and CO just needs to hurry up and fix them. Hopefully TT will see this and take it as a massage.

I mean their is prorply a list of nemesis bugs. and the only ones I seen so far is.

1. The nemesis minions not showing in the list where you make a nemesis.

2. Bug where your Nemesis will not walk out of the jail mission and be stuck there.

3. Another bug in the UNTIL base where they will just sit there and not attack or die.

and now this. I'm not sure if you whuold call it a bug as such. but if they could fix a few things around surely it be much better.
    Psi.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Offering TT massages?
    Well, let's hope it helps.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Actually this bug showed up in the exact same patch that broke the cut scenes where NPCs slide around while doing animations (Juryrig using console, Justiciar and team activating bomb in Whiteout #3, the Mega Destroid Jesus flight in Resistance).

My theory is that the NPCs and Nemesis minions get spawned not on top but either on the exact same level or even lower than the platforms they spawn on.

To test this I would intentionally spawn nemesis minions on varying levels of elevation compared to your character. If you are jumping while you collect a boost orb the minions will spawn on the closest platform sharing the elevation you were at then chase you. They won't ever disappear when this happens. However, if you are not ascending or descending and they spawn they will run up to you and...fall through the floor which triggers auto despawn.

The auto despawn is what happens to NPCs when cutscenes activate so they are gone before it is over, causing a weird event glitch. It seems that event script was changed and it is similar or the exact same one used to trigger Nemesis minion attacks. This is why both functions are broke and why they both broke in the exact same patch.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,927 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Actually this bug showed up in the exact same patch that broke the cut scenes where NPCs slide around while doing animations (Juryrig using console, Justiciar and team activating bomb in Whiteout #3, the Mega Destroid Jesus flight in Resistance).

My theory is that the NPCs and Nemesis minions get spawned not on top but either on the exact same level or even lower than the platforms they spawn on.

To test this I would intentionally spawn nemesis minions on varying levels of elevation compared to your character. If you are jumping while you collect a boost orb the minions will spawn on the closest platform sharing the elevation you were at then chase you. They won't ever disappear when this happens. However, if you are not ascending or descending and they spawn they will run up to you and...fall through the floor which triggers auto despawn.

The auto despawn is what happens to NPCs when cutscenes activate so they are gone before it is over, causing a weird event glitch. It seems that event script was changed and it is similar or the exact same one used to trigger Nemesis minion attacks. This is why both functions are broke and why they both broke in the exact same patch.

Ahh Ok well thanks for pointing that out never noticed that
    Psi.