test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WarTek: In Honor of Pulsewave's Power Armor

rebel266rebel266 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Power Discussion
Greetings all.
This is my character WarTek. I have spent many a retcon to come up with this build, and I wanted to share it with you.

The title says in honor of Pulsewave, because he set the bar for all power armor builds with his own ideas and research, and sadly, hasn't been around much since. I've loved power armor since closed beta, so I always looked forward to reading his posts. As such I was always trying his builds, and attempting to modify them for my own.

Last year, he developed the Gyrojet armor, which I used and modified and got to 40 with. But I always thought it needed a little something more.

This is a RETCON build, but I did attempt to set it up as leveling. This is also NOT a PVP build. This build is a pure range DPS build with some survivability. Will it top DPS charts on big boss fights? Nope, Two Gun Mojo has that covered, but the DPS is very respectable, and can run three powers without going empty.

For the record, I am not a build guru. I merely took what Pulsewave laid out, and modified it for my own enjoyment.

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: WarTek

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Ego (Primary)
Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Impulse
Level 6: Academics
Level 9: Investigator
Level 12: Daredevil
Level 15: Amazing Stamina
Level 18: Negotiator
Level 21: Wordly

Powers:
Level 1: Power Bolts
Level 1: Mini Gun (Rank 2, U-238 Rounds, Infrared Guidance System)
Level 6: Concentration
Level 8: Overdrive
Level 11: Quarry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Micro Munitions (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Plasma Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Energy Shield (Phalanx Defense System)
Level 23: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
Level 26: Evasive Maneuvers (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Chest Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Masterful Dodge
Level 35: Lock N Load
Level 38: Concussor Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Jet Boots
Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations:
Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
Ego: Insight (3/3)
Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Locus (2/2)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

The keys to this build are Quarry and Ego PSS. Quarry for the DPS, dodge, and stacks of audacity. Ego gives us lots of goodness with increased defense, crit severity, cost reduction, and crit chance.

INT and END as secondary SS give us some reduced cooldowns and cost reduction and energy to keep attacking with three toggles. And with audacity stacking, Guardicator, and EGO and INT as super stats, well.....long story short: You hit harder, get more defense, crit more, get better cost reduction, crit harder.....just by attacking.Yea, you get better by attacking.

Gear. I have Silver Champions Gear and some crappy secondaries. I geared for crit, cost reduction and dodge, and only have rank 4 mods at best in them. So no, i didn't spend resources getting gear. Only what I found, quested or earned in game.

For those wondering, I have hit 11k with Chest Beam, while running Minigun and Concussor Beams. Like I said, nothing earth shattering, but respectable. Those three powers are my set up for single target boss fights. Always TAP Chest Beam for the debuff, then go to town. AoE is all about Minigun, Micro Munitions and Plasma Beam. Yes, Plasma Beam. I know, it has TONS of issues, but i love this power. It literally melts mobs down.

Does my build have too many attack powers? Probably. But I like the way it has an answer for AoE and Single target with both using three Toggles. But you could get rid of Concussor beams for Sonic Device, Implosion Engine, Conviction, Unbreakable, or even Fire All Weapons (which actually makes me laugh when i stomp a room with it). You get the idea.

Is this build perfect? Nope. King DPS? Uh-uh. Fun as all get out while giving lots of numbers flying above the heads of mobs? Definately.

What powers I chose were based on feel, and napkin math. (Not hardcore numbers, or spread sheets, or even a basic understanding of Cryptic math) If you know something could be better, please share it. I am learning as i am playing, and would welcome any insight anyone would have to offer.

So, Thank You for your ideas Pulsewave, and I hope someone else enjoys my build.
Post edited by rebel266 on

Comments

• Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You do realize that dodge got nerfed the last month or so, right? Besides, Pulsewave's guide is only one year old, chances are, it might be outdated. But who knows.
  • Options
    blueionstormzblueionstormz Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I also run a variant of Pulsewave's build, I find it is still pretty solid even with the adjustment to dodge.
    "Reason can get you to probability, but only commitment can get you to certainty." - Timothy Keller
    Archived CO Wiki site
  • Options
    rebel266rebel266 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, I do realize dodge got nerfed. And afterwards, I kept playing my build just the way it is. I still take damage, I still hit BCR, and I'm still happy with my build.
  • Options
    blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You may get more return from using Night Warrior rather than Quarry. Depending on your level of superstats and potency of your Cooldown and Cost reduction gear.

Just something to look into.