test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Black Friday Sale Blowout! 50% off Freeform Slots + 20% Off Costumes

dwightmcdwightmc Posts: 95 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Super News Network
Hey Champions! Black Friday is here and this year we've got multiple sales going on for all you Heroes out there. These items will be on sale until Tuesday December 3rd 9:30 AM PST.

You can get 50% off Freeform Slots and Archetypes! These are perfect items for anyone looking for just bit more customization with your character. Read more about it here: http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1051781

You can also save on the Super-Magnifier item and get 20% off All Costume Sets. If you've been waiting to outfit your champion with new costumes this is the perfect opportunity to do so. Read more about it here: http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1050781

Not only that, right now when you purchase ZEN you'll get an extra 15% Bonus ZEN.

Enjoy these savings everyone!

Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    [Low whistle.]

Damn, if I was silver I'd be happy as nuts. :smile:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Hey Champions! Black Friday is here and this year we?ve got multiple sales going on for all you Heroes out there. These items will be on sale until Tuesday December 3rd 9:30 AM PST.

You can get 50% off Freeform Slots and Archetypes! These are perfect items for anyone looking for just bit more customization with your character. Read more about it here: http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1051781

You can also save on the Super-Magnifier item and get 20% off All Costume Sets. If you've been waiting to outfit your champion with new costumes this is the perfect opportunity to do so. Read more about it here: http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1050781

Not only that, right now when you purchase ZEN you'll get an extra 15% Bonus ZEN.

Dwight

You guys should have sent an email about this. It does not matter to me (LTS) but boy will some not be happy if they miss out on this.

SO HURRY and send an email about this. (In case you sent it, I did not get it so there might be an issue....just so you know)
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nightr0d wrote: »
    You guys should have sent an email about this. It does not matter to me (LTS) but boy will some not be happy if they miss out on this.

SO HURRY and send an email about this. (In case you sent it, I did not get it so there might be an issue....just so you know)

They normally send emails for this kind of thing though you need to be opted in to receive them I believe and also not have a hyperactive spam filter
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    But but....I bought them all and I'm a LTS. How about a sell on costume slots?
  • Options
    xvii013xvii013 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Got the Void today :biggrin: Thank you Cryptic (or should I thank PWE?) :rolleyes:
    Silvers who don't have a Freeform Slot yet should definitely take advantage of this :eek:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    They normally send emails for this kind of thing though you need to be opted in to receive them I believe and also not have a hyperactive spam filter

As I mentioned in the post, I usually get them so if I did not that means:

1. They did not send it
    2. They messed up sending it

And no it's not in my spam.
  • Options
    hotstuff1701hotstuff1701 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nice.

Now put LTS on sale and we'll talk.....

:-)
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    But but....I bought them all and I'm a LTS. How about a sell on costume slots?

Buying Zen right now means that you get whatever you get with it for 15% off. Basically.

That said, a total sale more than likely will hit around Christmas. Maybe. Hopefully.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    aronakallzaronakallz Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wait, weren't we promised the next freeform slot sale would be at 10 slices of bacon a pop ? :tongue:
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    9PM Server time on a Friday night, less than 250 people in Millennium City and
    Cryptic is selling the same content they sold last year for four times the price of new games.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Now, chart that against the same time last Friday night, and remember to chart it against the same time next Friday night.

Not everybody is one-and-done with Thanksgiving, you know, especially when Black Friday shopping is involved. (Lord knows if I'd been out in that ruckus today, I sure wouldn't feel like booting up my computer tonight - I'd be asleep.) You have this tendency to cherry-pick times and dates selected for the smallest possible population - have you noticed this?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    126 of that 250 are me multiboxing on my new computer.

Remembering all of the account passwords was the hard part.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    126 of that 250 are me multiboxing on my new computer.

Remembering all of the account passwords was the hard part.

show off
    mine complains if I use 2 accts, thankfully I only have 2
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    THAT'R REALLY AWESOME! :biggrin:

I wish THAT was Default Price for the FF slot in the first place!! :|

ARG Bummer! So close and yet so far on Buying another FF slot :frown:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    avianos wrote: »
    THAT'R REALLY AWESOME! :biggrin:

I wish THAT was Default Price for the FF slot in the first place!! :|

ARG Bummer! So close and yet so far on Buying another FF slot :frown:

Farm moar Questionite, before the exchange skyrockets!
    edited November 2013
    Farm moar Questionite, before the exchange skyrockets!

Too Late! The Exchange rate have reached Critical Levels! :eek:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2013
    As I mentioned in the post, I usually get them so if I did not that means:

1. They did not send it
    2. They messed up sending it

And no it's not in my spam.

We've got an email going out later today. We sent out a giant email to all PWE folks on Friday, we didn't want to spam people with a separate CO email on the same day. :P
  • Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited November 2013

3556503_o.gif

DAMN YOU! I take a week or so off to play something else instead of Champs... AND YOU CUT THE PRICE!

DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    blueionstormzblueionstormz Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank you for this sale. Bought a couple of freeforms along with two ATs. The 15% and 50% promo is a nice combination. :smile:
    "Reason can get you to probability, but only commitment can get you to certainty." - Timothy Keller
    Archived CO Wiki site
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Cryptic is selling the same content they sold last year for four times the price of new games.

I'm going to have to quote this and start up a demand for a price nerf on some of these ridiculously expensive items. We are only being outbeaten in outrageousness by the Angry Birds race car Lamborghini ($100).
  • Options
    nemez1snemez1s Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thats very nice of the cryptic team to give a 50% discount on the FF slot..im myself a silver player that got my FF slots from the event and was sad to see other silver players that didnt get any and that couldnt afford getting it from cstore..now is their chance.. i say thanks to you on behalf of them.. good job
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Any mauritian ingame, contact me tnx. @nemez1s
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    We've got an email going out later today. We sent out a giant email to all PWE folks on Friday, we didn't want to spam people with a separate CO email on the same day. :P

Well the last email I got was on Nov 29 regarding the 15% bonus zen on all charge ups. So... you might want to look into that. Because the email you speak of was not sent, at least not to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    yep, the Zen price was up to 400 Q by the time I logged on, on the first day and the expected complaints were in zone.

What are those people doing, why can't they sell it cheaper?
    They're just trying to rip us off.

The increase in Zen price on the exchange cancels any savings made form the sale.
    I pointed out that the Zen was provided by PLAYERS who pay for it, either through subs or directly.
    Strangely a large amount of people STILL think that it is provided by Cryptic.
    Maybe an instruction sheet attached to the Q exchange saying how it works and that everything on it is from PLAYERS.
    That it is entirely player controlled and while you want to get your moneys worth from your Q, so do the people who paid for their Zen.

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There's still going to be the conspiracy types claiming that devs get free Zen and Q, and use that to manipulate the market because reasons. (Said reasons make no sense, but since when has that mattered to a conspiracy theorist?)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    There's still going to be the conspiracy types claiming that devs get free Zen and Q, and use that to manipulate the market because reasons. (Said reasons make no sense, but since when has that mattered to a conspiracy theorist?)

Last I recall, TT actually had to buy his own costume packs. :tongue:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well the last email I got was on Nov 29 regarding the 15% bonus zen on all charge ups. So... you might want to look into that. Because the email you speak of was not sent, at least not to me.

Sent on Sunday December 1, at 17:00.
  • Options
    pwcross2pwcross2 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Hey Champions! Black Friday is here and this year we've got multiple sales going on for all you Heroes out there. These items will be on sale until Tuesday December 3rd 9:30 AM PST.

Dwight

Ok, so what's the deal... this says until Dec. 3rd... I just bought $20 in zen and got 2000 instead of 2300.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    1. Did you buy it by one of the approved methods?
    2. the FF/costume/AT sale is on from those dates, if you look at the zen sale link you find,
    Want some new high-end gear for your character? Perhaps you've had your eye on a shiny new VTOL Jet? Or maybe, some snazzy costumes are whispering to you that your character would look awesome in them? Why not buy some ZEN now for something that you have been dying to buy, and earn some Bonus ZEN to sweeten the deal!

Promo Starts: Now!

Promo Ends: Soon!

NO dates.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Yes, it was bought with an approved method. I bought some 2 days ago with the same card.

and yes, on the actual page in the link it says "soon".. either way, Dec. 3rd at 9:30am is "soon" :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    pwcross2 wrote: »
    Ok, so what's the deal... this says until Dec. 3rd... I just bought $20 in zen and got 2000 instead of 2300.

The bonus ZEN sale lasted until Monday at 3pm, while the CO-specific sales (freeform, etc) lasted until this morning.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the response but, where is that date/time posted?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Appreciate the sale. I bought a few things.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Uhm... that's the same link you posted in the start of the thread.. there was no such date posted there. This is what was posted, and is conveniently not there anymore:
    chaelk wrote: »
    1. Did you buy it by one of the approved methods?
    2. the FF/costume/AT sale is on from those dates, if you look at the zen sale link you find,
    Want some new high-end gear for your character? Perhaps you've had your eye on a shiny new VTOL Jet? Or maybe, some snazzy costumes are whispering to you that your character would look awesome in them? Why not buy some ZEN now for something that you have been dying to buy, and earn some Bonus ZEN to sweeten the deal!

Promo Starts: Now!

Promo Ends: Soon!

NO dates.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pwcross2 wrote: »
    Uhm... that's the same link you posted in the start of the thread.. there was no such date posted there. This is what was posted, and is conveniently not there anymore:

There was no date beyond the one at the beginning of the OP which did a pretty good job of implying (accidentally I am sure) that the zen sale shared a time frame with the item sales.

Sorry man.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    There was no date beyond the one at the beginning of the OP which did a pretty good job of implying (accidentally I am sure) that the zen sale shared a time frame with the item sales.

Sorry man.

So it would appear.

*note to self: Don't buy from PWE unless there's a clearly set date & time during a sale.