test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Want to change my in-game handle

mutatoheadmutatohead Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PC & Technical Issues
I've not seen any way to do this. The registration process for the Perfect World site was quite confusing. It was ambiguous how my Account Name - which is actually my email address for the purposes of logging into CO - related to my Forum Name - which becomes my Handle, unless it's taken by someone, in which case I must choose a yet another name... none of this was obvious, and nowhere was I told that one of those names would display next to my character's name in game.

I don't use this moniker publicly, and I thought it would be for the PerfectWorld.com forums, which I never intended to visit.

Please allow me to change my in-game handle. I've already spent a fair amount of money on the subscription and store purchases, and leveled some characters. Creating a new account from scratch is not really an option.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I didn't see anywhere more appropriate. Thanks.
Post edited by mutatohead on

Comments

• flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sorry, it's not possible.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=215741
    Recently there's been a spike in people ticketing in to Customer Support trying to get their @handles changed, or their forum names changed. To head off the tickets and make sure everyone's aware, read on.

-Forum names are unchangeable. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work. I once tried it, and it completely broke the account, three times before I gave up. Display names are hardcoded per account.

-Changing @handles was.... technically possible, back in the day. We can't offer that as a service anymore, though, because of the difficulty and time involved in making those changes.

Sorry that these aren't feasible, folks. Our Customer Support team has gotten a bunch of tickets recently, so I wanted to clarify this.
    Ah; thanks for the info. I guess there's only one way to not appear in game with that name, and that's to not appear in game. Was fun while it lasted though.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What's wrong with mutatohead?
    My other acct is kittykaboomboom.
    read through soem of the ones in zone, yours is not as bad as you think.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited November 2013
    You could also create a new account. It looks like you just joined recently; if you're a Silver player, you lose next to nothing by restarting after such a short time. Even if you've subscribed, it's only a minor setback; it's up to you if it's worth creating a new account and starting a different subscription.
    chaelk wrote: »
    read through soem of the ones in zone, yours is not as bad as you think.

Yeah, like flamingbunnyman. What the hell kind of name is that?

And then there's XXXL33TAWESOMED00DXXX or even lskjhfvcvnwre.

And of course, your character names are not dictated by your username. You can name your characters whatever you want, and @mutatohead would only be seen in chat channels (and sometimes not even then; each player can choose individually if they want to see global handles).
    You could have gone with 'potatohead' or ' poopyhead'.
    I guess you forgot to read the 'fineprint' when joining Internet.
    You know the 'Everything you write, draw, say, in anyway record or otherwise make available in the Internet cannot be changed, destroyed or otherwise wiped away. You must not think once or twice or even thrice but twelve times before doing the stuff mentioned earlier because after all, you are the one who is the one who has to live with the deeds of your own doing and get posted for ever in the multiple forums of the Great Internet until the day everything ends'.
    I regret nothing.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited November 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I regret nothing.
    moustache.gif

Not even that hour you spent in Caprice after Nepht slipped you and Caliga roofies?
    Not even that hour you spent in Caprice after Nepht slipped you and Caliga roofies?

Ofcourse not, Caliga is a quite lil minx under all that armor and ego.
    And it's not like i don't recalibrate my brain once a week anyway and do stuff.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif