test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Recent lag and server not responding

gradiigradii Posts: 11,716 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PC & Technical Issues
lately I've been getting periodic lagspikes and server not responding. can anyone shed some light on this, I usually never have this issue.
Post edited by gradii on

Comments

• Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I can't get the Cryptic launcher to start. I get this instead.

brokenlauncher_zpsc8c49417.jpg

Cryptic manages to **** it up again....
  • Options
    thewinxfairythewinxfairy Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    By any chance, are you using Windows 8?

I noticed that I can't log on to anything that requires a "launcher" of some sort, like google Talk app, etc. after a system update.
  • Options
    tegrostegros Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm have the same issue kojirohellfire is. It started in-game with a CTD then my launcher failed to load. Still does after 30 minutes. Windows Vista 64 Ultimate.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Quick update. After a restart, attempt at reinstalling and 5 hours of sleep I still can't get passed the launcher. Not even to instal the game itself. 9 hours now with this issue.

Editing this post so I don't take up too many spots.

Launcher is still not responding; even after a full computer scan, three restarts and another nap :P 16 hours of launcher Autoupdate failure. Other games launch just fine with the same way I try to run CO. Either by Steam, Arc or the direct download launcher. Not sure what else I can do besides wait. And if a GM feels the need, if it's not too much trouble, maybe move this to a separate thread? I don't want to be too much of a bother if this isn't where it should be.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It's now nearing 2 full days of having this issue. I reinstalled Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. I'm not about to reformat my computer just to get this launcher to work correctly... and yes, my printer cables are plugged in corectly. (Jab at certain internet provider customer service reps) If nothing else, it would be lovely if a GM or something could at lease reply to this post to say "It's on your end, don't look at us" or "We're working on it." I really don't like being left in the dark. A ticket of mine, not inregards to this, also seems to be lost into the black voids of space never to be read or replied to. :frown:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Disregard my last posts. The GM I spoke to earlier talked me out of playing/buying any further Perfect World game.
  • Options
    bellatorrexbellatorrex Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't like the idea of posting in here unless needed but, recently, a few days ago to be exact, my internet i guess was deciding to be nice and let me be able to play with little to no server not responding issues and d/c's... in fact, I could play all day some of those days, it was amazing considering I have been dealing with this issue since like october 30th or november 1st. Well, past couple of days the server not responding issues kicked back up, with a vengeance if it were. And today it has been even worse and I've been crashing again like when this issue was hitting me during the early days of november. Now I understand it is probably my ISP but there is no real way for me to correct the issue. Now, I do use Windows 8 and I do use Frontier as my ISP. But, I didn't have these kind of issues all while Takofanes was around. Windows 8 wasn't giving me troubles with the game since I hardly do system updates (don't like them, don't trust them) and Frontier has a hiccup once in a while but generally corrects itself.

All I am saying is... I feel like I am being punished for spending some real money into this game and that I am not allowed to enjoy my gold status that I bought nor all the costume sets I grabbed during the sale... So please tell me guys, what is giving here?
    edited December 2013
    It almost definitely had nothing to do with the game. A week ago or so I would get constant disconnects as well as "server not responding". Also my internet would like to disconnect itself from the laptop that I'm on. Because the game hardly gets enormous game-changing updates that could cause server issues, you should probably toy around with your internet options instead and see if that fixes things. Or you know, restart your router or something. Good luck!
    edited December 2013
    In this thread http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76001 it points out that adware or spyware blocking softwares or firewalls can interfere with the connection to Cryptic's servers; AVAST! recently had a large update which (at least in the case of my box) included web screening privacy services. The disconnection and rubberbanding issues might be related, I'm going to do some more intensive digging around and see if adjusting AVAST!'s settings has an effect later tonight.

Anyone running the software through Steam and having issues with the updater might try disabling the Steam interface in-game, or running the application directly (and in Administrator mode, if you aren't already), these have fixed similar issues for me in the past.
  • Options
    feungshuifeungshui Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It appears to improve some by disabling Avast!'s shield and running the client out of Steam as an admin, but I'm still experiencing spikes of aggressive, rapid disconnects and rubber banding. Hopefully via process of elimination, I can sniff out the actual cause.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can't figure out what's causing it, but it's very intermittent.

I noticed it started happening like crazy a few days ago after some windows updates were installed; perhaps one of those is causing the problems.

XS
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    handofaltershandofalters Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ever since this Aura PAtch hit I've been having crazy DC problems.
    As well as sever connections timing out on loading screens,