test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Sentinels of Liberty - Pulp/Golden Age Group Forming

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
We are in the process of re-forming an old CoH based moderate to heavy RP supergroup, "The Sentinels of Liberty", and are looking for like minded individuals looking to have some fun.

We are a pulp/golden age themed supergroup. Most of our core members were originally heroes in during the "Pulp" era (1914-1945), with some who have origins stretching to long before this beginning date. (At one point, we had some great Victorian Science Fiction themed players active in the old group.) Other members have typically included characters who have inherited the mantle of classic Pulp/Golden heroes, or who simply have felt comfortable with our style of friendly interaction and roleplay.

If you are interested, our requirements are pretty simple. We prefer Pulp or Golden Age related concepts, but we're open to characters from other genres. We strongly prefer friendly players willing to engage in moderate to heavy roleplay. We encourage public roleplay and interaction with other players - we have never been big fans of elitism or cliques in roleplaying (and I personally think that's one of the reasons roleplaying has such a bad rap these days!)

Story wise, the Sentinels were originally formed by Abraham Lincoln, and reformed and disbanded several times over the years. Their last adventures occurred during the pulp era, but the group disbanded during the McCarthy hearings, split over politics and the changing view of superheroics in the atomic age.

The group has now returned to life, and is actively seeking out its old members, along with new recruits. We are very much open to new members, players adopting one of the many colorful characters we often banter about in our conversations, and original concepts that claim to be part of the "original group".

So, maybe you're that gritty crime fighter who was accidentally frozen by a singularity back in '43? Maybe your are that flight based superheroine from Colorado who went missing in 56? Or maybe your grandfather was that legendary hero who was killed during the Spanish Civil War, and you now wish to inherit his mantle? Perhaps you were born in the 70s, but you prefer analog technology and vaccum tubes to micro chips. Really, we're open to most any concepts, as long as you're just as friendly and flexible as we are.

Interested? Drop @Mithras or @battleguard a line. We're more than happy to have you! All classy dames and two fisted heroes welcome!

-Doc Twilight
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Shameless self promotional *bump*
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sorry, but I just have to ask: Where did the term "pulp" come from? :confused:
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I am very interested in pulp heroes. I have a number of ideas... okay, a number of characters whom I would quite like to rip off. But I'm not a super dedicated player by any stretch. I mean, heck, I'm only up to level 18 on my highest. Not to mention that, while I put a lot of thought into my characters (extensive backstories, choosing only powers that work for that person) I'm not much of a roleplayer.

Still, I hope this takes off as more than just a super group. I'd really like to follow the adventures of a pulp team.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Floyd. wrote:
    Sorry, but I just have to ask: Where did the term "pulp" come from? :confused:

From Wikipedia:

"The name "pulp" comes from the cheap wood pulp paper on which such magazines were printed. Magazines printed on better paper and usually offering family-oriented content were often called "glossies" or "slicks". Pulps were the successor to the "penny dreadfuls", "dime novels", and short fiction magazines of the nineteenth century. Although many respected writers wrote for pulps, the magazines are perhaps best remembered for their lurid and exploitative stories, and for their similarly sensational cover art. Modern superhero comic books are sometimes considered descendants of "hero pulps"; pulp magazines often featured illustrated novel-length stories of heroic characters such as The Shadow, Doc Savage, and the Phantom Detective."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulp_magazine
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Mithras wrote:
    Interested? Drop @Mithras or @battleguard a line. We're more than happy to have you! All classy dames and two fisted heroes welcome!

-Doc Twilight

I've got an interested character. I sent you an in-game mail. Keep an eye out for it.

Thanks
  • Options
    docparadoxdocparadox Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is this thread still open?
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    docparadox wrote: »
    Is this thread still open?

This is a Four year old thread. This thread was last used by anyone at all, four whole years ago. To the day.

Fours years old to the day, with no further activity at all, until you posted here.

I'm going to go way out on a limb here, and just guess that they are completely successful, going strong and probably grown into one of the largest, most well known and respected role-playing guilds in Champions online, and one of their monitoring recruitment officers will get back to you bright and early in the morning.

But I could be wrong. :frown:

Perhaps my own guild can help?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    does it exist anymore or is it your group the silver age sentinels? I am a real pulp hero fan so this attracted my attention.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    docparadox wrote: »
    does it exist anymore or is it your group the silver age sentinels? I am a real pulp hero fan so this attracted my attention.

I admit to being sarcastic before, for humor value. I think these guys are long gone.

My own team is not pulp focused, I'm afraid.

The Golden Age Heroes might be a better fit for you, they are golden ages super hero with some pulp influences, and a heavy Roleplaying super group. great people.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'm unsure where is the silver age sentinels and the golden age heroes? Are they in Champions online as well or do they rp somewhere else?
  • Options
    rexcelestisrexcelestis Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They are both active in Champions Online. The Golden Age Heroes migrated over with the closing of City of Heroes. They have a long history and well deserved reputation for excellent RP-ers.
    a
  • Options
    emeraldfox12emeraldfox12 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ive got a hero whos got an inherited power from his family from eona ago that could fit into this group. Will i still be able to join?