test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Simple ideas for new content

bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
I admit that I haven't been around here much lately. That being said, I feel that a new zone, with new open world missions are greatly needed. To that end, here's what I propose:

1. Take the main overworld map from Aftershock, (of the Qliphothic realm), and turn it into a zone. Use the wrecked for as the main hub.

2. Use this setting as a way to provide high level content, (level 38+ only), and make these missions HARD! They should be barely soloable, but still possible. They should also provide meaningful and substantial rewards.

3. There should be open world and instanced quests that revolve around daily and 6 or 8 hour timers, before they can be repeated. Similar to Neverwinter's campaign system, there should be a form of further progression included with this.

4. While Aftershock dealt with Kings of Edom, this zone would focus on their new incarnations, after the collapse of the previous Qliphothic. An important key here would be to take into account events that happened since Aftershock came out - maybe these new incarnations are drawing from later events, like the Roin'nesh incursion, and even Gravitar's many rampages...

EDIT: I realize that we've visited the Qliphothic many times already - I think if the colors were changed up a little, or other aspects of the game were integrated into this, it could still feel new, while not requiring a lot of new assets be created...
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All they need now is a simple idea to where to get some resources.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A new AP or CS featuring Mechanon.

That's my personal pipe dream.
  • gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    A new AP or CS featuring Mechanon.

That's my personal pipe dream.

They set it up perfectly at the end of Whiteout for Mechanon to come into the scene at some point... .-. and sadly, we all were expecting him for FATAL ERR0R but instead got Cybermind.

That being said, they did use FE to demonstrate that the SOCRATES database isn't unhackable. Perhaps Mechanon could work his way in and take over SOCRATES as well as all the things she controls? Would be a fun AP/CS
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Personally, I think adding new lairs to the existing zones might be the quickest way to get new permanent content. Lots of empty buildings in MC and all the zones have plenty of space for such. The desert even has those Demon cultists performing some kind of ritual. They're just begging for some development. All those robots and references to Mechanon are begging for a lair.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes, @jaazaniah1, new lairs would be wonderful. They could be targeted at specific level ranges, including 40 only, could be made very difficult, and have specific rewards.

Heck, just an honest lair-review of existing lairs would do the trick!

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Personally, I think adding new lairs to the existing zones might be the quickest way to get new permanent content. Lots of empty buildings in MC and all the zones have plenty of space for such. The desert even has those Demon cultists performing some kind of ritual. They're just begging for some development. All those robots and references to Mechanon are begging for a lair.

These are less simple, but do follow that sort of idea:

1. Desert Outskirts - Adds 3 high level areas to the desert: A giant demon temple, a radioactive ecosystem of bizarre creatures (giant flies and crawly things), and highways to the north. The latter also included cars and missions that would give players cars, but that's a stupid pipe dream.

2. Vibora Bay starting zone - A 6-15 mission line that starts in Vibora Bay. Preferably, it takes place at day, and features gangs prior to becoming horrific supernatural things.

3. Moon Zone. Really, there's already a simple overmap for a moon surface. All it would entail is adding a few landmarks and missions. Would also ideally cover the Mechanon base.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As a fan of making animal type characters, particularly manimals, I wouldn't mind having some sort of zone in the Ukraine where Dr. Moreau continued his grandfathers research before being kicked out by a British super team and fled to Monster Island.

Heck, I wouldn't mind having a zone about a few villains to learn about their past and history of HOW they became a villain.

To visit Foxbats house when he was a kid before he turned evil...ish?

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    1. New missions in existing zones with existing art assets. If they used scaling skull mobs they couldn't be out-leveled. If some of the new missions were done as chains or arcs they'd add a lot more than if all of them were unrelated one-shots. This is likely the easiest/least resource intensive option.

2. New lairs and "mini" (like Fatal Err0r) AP/CS. If the third part of Fatal Err0r wasn't a custom alert bundling the three missions together into a short AP/CS would have worked quite well. Shorter AP/CS content is lacking. Whiteout is about the right length to do in a thrown together group. Serpent Lantern is just a little over that length but doesn't have mechanics that don't play nice with groups. Demon Flame and Aftershock are too long and have too many things that don't play nice with pickup groups. Resistance really depends on if your group has the right powers for the last fight for determining its duration. These would require some new assets but not to the level of a new zone.

3. A new zone. No doubt this would be awesome but it'd take an awesome amount of resources to do.

I would love to see the Queen City version of Vibora have more content and more level ranges. Being able to choose Old City, New City, Desert, or Snow would add a needed amount of variety to the early leveling path. It'd be really awesome if it provided a less punny 6-15 experience than Westside. MC gets a lot less punny after that point but to get anywhere else you have to do it.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Survival Rush:
    A map where you and your friends defeat wave after wave of various enemy factions.

THE ARENA:
    See above, but you battle supervillains instead of mooks. If you wipe you lose. If you go solo you'll fight one villain at a time, but if you have a full team you'll fight five supervillains from the same faction (or a powered up version of a solo supervillain)

THE TRUE ARENA:
    See above, but you battle final bosses from Adventure Packs, Comic Series, Gravitar, Firewing and finish with a Cosmic like Teleiosaur or make an exclusive superboss. If you wipe, you lose. There is no team scaling here aside from HP levels for villains: this is the real final battle! Enemies should have access to Crippling Challenge and Nailed to the Ground to counter tactics like Ebon Voiding your way through everything or flying 120ft in the air and sniping. All enemies are also set to Elite.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Add more missions in zones with infamous npcs from the PnP books. Just add more filling to zones that already exist.