test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Radients you reading this this has to stop U_U"

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
Right after doing multiple alerts and grav a few times the Rads I came across just focused their healing on free forms...I PM'd one after words and the reply was "why heal an inferno they cant carry us through Grav". My retort to that was..

86550cab23b50c5d25ceee882c8e2ebd1381706296.jpeg

Seriously guys heal the ones that need it most FF's can self heal , self rez etc ect. Its your fellow AT's that need your heals. Not me. The Nepht does not require medical assistance U_U"
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Idiots that can't play their class, think FreeForms can't play their class? :confused:

/hands Nepht foam bat
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I remember in CoH, people would build literally indestructable tanks, and the defenders would follow them around bubbling and healing them.

When the numerous corpses in the Task Force asked them why they weren't bubbling/healing the squishies, they'd respond "If the tank dies, then we all will", totally ignoring the fact that the tank was at no risk of dying, and everyone else WAS dead.

I still don't understand what these people were thinking. My theory is that they weren't.
    edited November 2013
    I remember in CoH, people would build literally indestructable tanks, and the defenders would follow them around bubbling and healing them.

When the numerous corpses in the Task Force asked them why they weren't bubbling/healing the squishies, they'd respond "If the tank dies, then we all will", totally ignoring the fact that the tank was at no risk of dying, and everyone else WAS dead.

I still don't understand what these people were thinking. My theory is that they weren't.

I remember running into those people on Lord Nightmare who was literally an unkillable Corrupter (Energy/Dark with Fighting and Presence abilities) that was always mistaken for a tank.

Here on CO, my only healing is with a Grimoire and people always seem to get pissed when THEY aren't the target of Arcane Vitality... even though they aren't in danger of dying. So I've made a macro that basically says to either get in the cone or shut the F**K up when grown folks is healin'.

A good healer knows to save the whole group and to help anyone in danger. A bad healer saves just a few "key players".
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    iceih03iceih03 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Right after doing multiple alerts and grav a few times the Rads I came across just focused their healing on free forms...I PM'd one after words and the reply was "why heal an inferno they cant carry us through Grav". My retort to that was..

Seriously guys heal the ones that need it most FF's can self heal , self rez etc ect. Its your fellow AT's that need your heals. Not me. The Nepht does not require medical assistance U_U"

These things about not healing who does not need a heal comes from time to time, I have no idea why they ignore the AT's and focus on the FF. But I do know why I heal/bubble players that do not need it, it is because I need the powers "side effects". Examples:

+ Compassion: we are winning everybody at 90%+ health no need to heals, but if I want to do more damage I need to stack my Compassion, so I ll need to heal anybody even that tank with 20k health.
    + Mindfull Reinforcement + Revitalizing Boost: bubbles gives me energy.
    + Honor: when I heal/shield an ally I get a 10% damage boost stackable 3 times.
    + Rezzing: if anybody can rezz it is better to be rezzed to avoid selfrezz cooldown. I can selfrezz, but if anybody can rezz me I prefer to be rezzed so when it is really needed my selfrezz is ready. I always assumed other players would think the same.
    + Holds: even when the NPC is getting damage and the hold will not last or may even no be activated, my specialization tree will provide debuffs on that target, so the hold will not work but the debuffs will (Vulnerability, Trapped).
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Nepht does not require medical assistance U_U"

The thing is, we can't have medics/medical assistance because we don't have any reliable Scientific/Triage based healing (No maintains like a Medigun type power or AoE type heals such as a Triage Beacon from Technology)!

Magical Healing =/= Medical Healing

Turando needs his Nanite Sprayer! (And his damn fedora!)
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Could also be that this game's targeting is the absolute worst.

Target friendly who is taking damage, heal myself.
    Target friendly, try to bubble them, bubble myself.
    Retarget, bubble, bubble myself again.

Target friendly which is taking damage,heal them?
    No, turn 90 degrees and heal someone one else or maybe a healing drone or sigil instead.

Target injured party member, heal them? No, game targets the unhurt player and heals them instead.

Try to heal/bubble myself, oh apparently I'm still targeting players in the last alert.

Oh you're a radiant, you're going to attack with rebuke? Why bother, just heal yourself instead, over and over again because the game decides you need to heal your 100% health rather than do any damage.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Turn "Select auto target on attack" off. The EB is a healer's worst nightmare otherwise. With this you can target allies, attack their targets and maintain support on your ally.
  • Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited November 2013

No, turn 90 degrees and heal someone one else or maybe a healing drone or sigil instead.

Target injured party member, heal them? No, game targets the unhurt player and heals them instead.

Try to heal/bubble myself, oh apparently I'm still targeting players in the last alert.

Oh you're a radiant, you're going to attack with rebuke? Why bother, just heal yourself instead, over and over again because the game decides you need to heal your 100% health rather than do any damage.

I'm calling bollocks on you. Never dealt with this problem unless I was targeting an enemy that was targeting another player and hit a heal. Usually it went to that player unless aggro jumped to another. If I wanted a specific player, I'd click them in either the team window or on the screen.
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They really need to put in heals that work like Epidemic/Sword Cyclone where you can heal people without having to target them. I mean my healers can do fine and feel more accomplished but you know to add more gameplay styles (though maybe this kind of power would make healing become too easy).
  • Options
    blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They really need to put in heals that work like Epidemic/Sword Cyclone where you can heal people without having to target them. I mean my healers can do fine and feel more accomplished but you know to add more gameplay styles (though maybe this kind of power would make healing become too easy).

Circle of Radiant Glory works like a nice click version of this.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Having a Radiant char, I can vouch why we hardly heal the squishies in Grav. It's because it is quite annoying how we heal and rez them and then they'll just die again 5mins after, and I mean EVERYTIME! I remember when I didn't have my "self-rez", our team lost because I kept trying to keep those squishies alive. Then later they'll blame me that we lost.

Talk about ingratitude...-_-
    I don't mind healing anybody in alerts. But if they keep dying like a fly while I'm healing others, it really stresses me out.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    But there really is no point healing someone who's going to die in one hit.

You can't heal a one shot.

How about the archetypes just stay out of Gravitar? :|
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Vala's Light. Already in the game. Target self, move close to allies, spam healing on self and everyone around you gets healed too. :3
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Having a Radiant char, I can vouch why we hardly heal the squishies in Grav. It's because it is quite annoying how we heal and rez them and then they'll just die again 5mins after, and I mean EVERYTIME! I remember when I didn't have my "self-rez", our team lost because I kept trying to keep those squishies alive. Then later they'll blame me that we lost.

I don't mind healing anybody in alerts. But if they keep dying like a fly while I'm healing others, it really stresses me out.

5864596642_8f1fe8b09c.jpg

So you made a healer to heal those that need heals cause they die alot due to lack of heals but refuse to heal them because they die alot due to the lack of heals.

Thanks for clearing that up for us.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I've had
    Target friendly- heal them
    try targeting other friendly, refuses to target them, instead targets a mob. Repeat several times, give up on targeting that one person

try bubbling a friendly, no problems
    try bubbling self- bubble random friendly

try healing self- target friendly on full health
    its just as bad for atacks
    tab to next person, get bin behind you
    click on person in front- target person on opposite end of alert
    have targeting ON person in front of you, shoot mob 90 degrees away
    as for Gravitar, after 2 dozen deaths, yes 24 in ONE alert. one shot me, get ressed, one shot me,rinse and repeat. Force blasts, bubbles you name it. I even asked if someone had painted a target on my character.
    Not an AT. Not a Tank.

She didn't target another bloody person until I said "don't stand near me, she might shoot you." second healer came over to res me, guess what.. one shotted.
    after which I just said, just leave me. she still fired blasts directly over where I was dead.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited November 2013

When I ran a rad - the biggest issue was that the people who could use the most healing weren't worth healing.

If someone takes a low hp inferno and initiates the fight, they're very likely to die despite the healing. Really that goes for lower hp ATs in general - plenty of players only stat to SS unknowingly and become such liabilities you can't save them through healing.

But yes, it is funny when someone clearly needs healing, is playing smart, but the healer, whether it be rad or ff focuses on someone who is far more self-reliant instead of the person(s) actually in need of the heals and bubbles.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    So you made a healer to heal those that need heals cause they die alot due to lack of heals but refuse to heal them because they die alot due to the lack of heals.

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Actually, I heal/res anybody. If they die because I was healing other people(squishies) or running around like a monkey, it's their fault.

The ones I really don't like healing are the ones that have crap defense/dodge. Like the ones who charge at Gravi and gets killed by 1-2 force attacks. Don't get me wrong, I'm a great healer. I usually have 90% success rate when doing Grav alerts with team. Even turned the tides a few times.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    In regards to the targeting issue... #1 reason I can't play a healer. I don't refuse to... it's just that every time I go to do it, I get driven away by the awful targeting...

Only way I've been able to stomach being a healer is by using Vampiric Sympathy, and Vala's Light.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh Please, I Know how to play as my Radiant! I heal EVERYONE and their Mothers! ATs and FFs
    I am not Delusional to think I can deal damage with my Radiant neither, only Holds to slow down the enemies for the team and Debuff them (Rebuke + Admonish, Vengeance + Redemption Denied)

With PRE as PSS, Arcane Vitality is freaking awesome AoE Healing

and I also don't have problem using Support Powers on allies and I play with a Gamepad!

Target an energy who target a Friend, use a support power and you will automaticaly target the Friend

For example, if I target the enemy who is hunting my teammates, I click Arcane Vitality and I automatically target the Teammate now! :biggrin:

With Gamepad Tap R1+R2, It Turn your Target from Target Hostile to Target Friendly targets and via versa
    I use this on my 2 FF toons as well, since they can provide minor support and healing via Bubbles

But I have to tell you, there is something REALLY WRONG with the PUG team of a GRAB alert, when your Radiant litterly TANKS the mobs and the Boss for the rest of the team... while keeping them alive... >_>
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Actually, I heal/res anybody. If they die because I was healing other people(squishies) or running around like a monkey, it's their fault.

The ones I really don't like healing are the ones that have crap defense/dodge. Like the ones who charge at Gravi and gets killed by 1-2 force attacks. Don't get me wrong, I'm a great healer. I usually have 90% success rate when doing Grav alerts with team. Even turned the tides a few times.

Her Cascades come out quick and deal charged damage without a telegraphic warning. She doesn't even have to face her target when firing off those Cascades. She also seems to select her targets at random. What's worse is that she has a habit of throwing a Cascade against someone who just rez'ed.

The fact of the matter is that Gravitar is a broken fight in various ways and maybe ATs, especially the squishy ones trying their hardest, should be cut some slack.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Seriously guys heal the ones that need it most FF's can self heal , self rez etc ect. Its your fellow AT's that [most] need your heals. Not me. The Nepht does not require medical assistance U_U"

I agree with both of these comments.

Archetypes in particular need a healer's assistance more so than most Freeforms.

Not always, for some Freeforms are such glass canons that they really need healing too. It's situation dependent! If there's a freeform who's almost dead, heal them first. Always go for "making the save" on a healer if you can, but it's a great idea to pay extra close attention to squishy/fragile archetypes.

But if you're on a dedicated healer and see fragile DPS archetypes such as Blade, Tempest, Soldier, and Inferno you should try to keep an eye on their health bar more (and encourage them verbally to stay within range of you)

Turn "Select auto target on attack" off. The EB is a healer's worst nightmare otherwise. With this you can target allies, attack their targets and maintain support on your ally.

^ A good tip worth sharing with others! :smile:

the-fail-is-strong-with-this-one-thumb.jpg

Kind of miss the point of being a dedicated healer, don't ya? :wink:

Maybe the ones with "crap" defense & dodge are glass canons capable of immense DPS if you'd just do your role and heal them?

Maybe the people charging at Gravitar are melee characters that HAVE TO get in melee range to attack?

Maybe the people dying are just newbies who haven't learned how to play Gravitar? Give them a chance to learn the hard way, and try to save them if you can.

You won't save everyone, nor are you expected to, but if you enjoy being a healer truly, you'll enjoy "making the save". That's the whole point of having a strong healer character, you can have fun saving others! If you don't enjoy doing that, then why the hell are you playing a healer archetype and whining about not wanting to heal people?!

If healing is an annoyance, then maybe that's not your cup of tea? You might enjoy a different archetype better (and also understand the point of view of the other players better).

I'm not saying that there aren't annoyingly ungrateful people when you're playing a healer, that happens, sure. However you displayed comments, in your own words, indicate that you find healing to be a chore and your experience with teamplay to be far too novice to be making the decisions you are regarding where healing priorities should be.

I realize I'm being harshly critical of your comments; it's your displayed attitude that is particularly irksome, in part because it's not just you doing it. In other words, it's not just you I'm directing my criticism at as much as I'm directing it at ALL players who are using the faulty logic you are using.

PS: I can't think of a single time I failed on Gravitar on my dedicated healer (that's in over >500 runs of that instance btw, yes really that many ask Wesleytang). So a 10% wipe-out/complete-failure rate for you proves to me that you're contributing to the failures, and I'd suspect you even inflated that "90%" stat to make yourself sound smarter. Except that your boasting backfired, because now it just makes you look incompetent, just being honest with you.

The tl;dr summary
    • If you're playing a dedicated healer, give extra attention to archetypes or very squishy freeforms.
    • If you're playing a non-healer, make sure you're not drawing more enemies than you can handle
    • If you're in trouble and a healer is nearby, buy them some time to save you with healing by blocking
    • Resurrections are important in major battles like Gravitar. For most of the game sadly they are unneeded, but in certain parts of the game having a person who can resurrect makes the odds of success go up dramatically
    • If there's somebody who can resurrect on the team, DO NOT press the revive button. Instead let them know (politely please) that you're down and need a resurrection and then be patient. No healer likes somebody who spams demands for being resurrected. Instead be thankful somebody else is getting you back up for making a mistake and getting yourself killed.
    • Not all heals require targeting. Vala's Light is one such example.
    • Shields & bubbles are best used on characters already at full HP, to give them a buffer.
    • Compassion is essential for making a strong healer character, and thus means you really benefit from having REC or PRE as your primary superstat. Support Role helps a lot too, as do Sentinel Cores on your primary offense gear.
    • Not healing archetypes who don't have an ability to heal while healing freeforms who don't need the healing is a NOOB thing to do. Don't be a noob, play to the situation and master it!
  • Options
    hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    The fact of the matter is that Gravitar is a broken fight in various ways

Pretty much this. It's not good game design to have a fight based on as much RNG as Gravitar is. MMO's that do have bosses that send out plenty of random spikes of damage either have obvious tells or have gear (and raid buffs) that give enough HP to survive long enough for a healer to respond.

It's fun to bring a dedicated healer into the fight. It's actually probably the only PvE fight I find enjoyable in CO. But taking non-CON SS'd (or stacked) is an exercise in frustration. Yes, there's usually someone that can rez. No, it still doesn't make it fun to spend so much time on the ground.

Or I could just take a tank and solo it but it's really boring.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    I think gravitar's random cascades are fine, I just think she shouldn't target people who just were rezzed first. leave it to the RNG. keeps you from falling alseep while the tanks tank and the spankers spank.

Even without the random cascades, the random blue bubbles should keep anyone constantly on their toes.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Even without the random cascades, the random blue bubbles should keep anyone constantly on their toes.

Agreed, it would be much more fun with more (yellow) spheres, and less cascades.
    And for the times she does use her cascades, hit the tank with the first one, then random but with a 50% chance to hit the tank again, and never double hit someone not having agro.

The big blue sphere is already being used on the person doing most dps more often then not, things like that are a much better option to make things hard for glass cannon builds.
  • Options
    xmyuikixxmyuikix Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2013

It's only because I have to heal you as soon as I see you Nepht! Take mah heals! :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    You won't save everyone, nor are you expected to, but if you enjoy being a healer truly, you'll enjoy "making the save". That's the whole point of having a strong healer character, you can have fun saving others! If you don't enjoy doing that, then why the hell are you playing a healer archetype and whining about not wanting to heal people?!

If healing is an annoyance, then maybe that's not your cup of tea? You might enjoy a different archetype better (and also understand the point of view of the other players better).

PS: I can't think of a single time I failed on Gravitar on my dedicated healer (that's in over >500 runs of that instance btw, yes really that many ask Wesleytang). So a 10% wipe-out/complete-failure rate for you proves to me that you're contributing to the failures, and I'd suspect you even inflated that "90%" stat to make yourself sound smarter. Except that your boasting backfired, because now it just makes you look incompetent, just being honest with you.

Oh, I'm sorry...
    I didn't mean to boast. I only said 90% because that's how it seemed to me. The 10% is because I do make mistakes and contribute to the failure. Maybe I can tone down that percentage to a more believable number. I also got to agree with you with the "making the save" part. I've experienced that in some missions and it is very rewarding. :D

Also, my healer is only an alt of mine. I'm mainly a tank/dps player. So, yeah I admit I'm still inexperience in the healer's point of view.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Circle of Radiant Glory works like a nice click version of this.

I was thinking power that you can maintain while moving around healing people you are near.
  • Options
    blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I actually have a healer that I loved to use for Gravitar. One of my favorite things actually WAS running around and protecting the squishies with a heal and then a shield. Normally there were multiple healers so the everyone lived. I got abornomally excited when someone went down. The rush of reviving in the midst of battle! If they got one-shotted right after, I'd shrug it off and rez them again.

They are "squishy" because all their focus is on damage. It makes a huge difference. ATs may not be as nice as freeforms but they do have their specialties. While inferno can get one-shotted, inferno can also do a lot of damage. I should know. I raised one. They aren't extreme damage but they have their place. I have a fire toon that gets one-shotted sooo freaking easily in Gravitar but she gets immense damage. I even set Gravitar on fire and those little one shot force cascades stop.

What I'm trying to say is that healing the squishies is worth it. It's kind of why I'm there in the first place. The tank don't need my help, if ever.

Now, you want to tell me what's really stupid? The Radiants who run around healing the tanks but not a fallen healer. It's the reason why when I last a played Gravitar (a few months ago) that we lost. >:l Granted, I was dying a lot that round but they probably had the same mentality.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And now, seeing this conversation will make me think what would happen against that villain duo.

...more reasons to stick with my friends on doing NemCon Q-runs, then.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Stuff.

I've mainned a healer in pretty much every MMO I've played and I hate playing one in CO, ESPECIALLY in Gravitar.

- The target teammate shortcuts do not work in team ups.
    - The unit frames are horrible, clunky things.
    - "Raid" frames are the worst things ever in CO.
    - If you join as a team, the team frames become microscopic in size.
    - Your Gravitar team is not normally the same as your actual team.
    - Tab targeting is garbage.

Gravitar is an example of content that is not made with ATs in mind. There isn't a whole lot you can do with the defenses of many ATs to make it survivable in Gravitar. It's very likely those ATs will die quickly and often. It sucks having to rez the same person over and over again because their toon is just not Gravitar ready. The time you spend rezzing them is attention you aren't giving to those who don't melt at a slight breeze. It's also very hard to keep squishies alive in the first place. Especially with all of the other problems the UI brings in.

This and the new rampage are example of content that require a certain level of survivability to be anything other than useless. If you have to be constantly rezzed because your toon dies when they're looked at funny, you aren't doing a whole lot of DPS anyway.

I took a squishy into Gravitar once and spend most of the time being dead. No healer was going to be able to keep me alive. I see other squishies die faster than I can even target them to throw out an Iniquity (the fastest, easiest to spam heal in the entire game that is also extremely powerful). How much damage could squishies possible be doing in Gravitar with constant deaths?

They only people the healer is going to be keeping alive are those with a certain amount of survivablity. Running around rezzing squishies over and over and over and over again doesn't make you a healer, it makes you a babysitter.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    one word on the heal targeting problems. Iniquity. :biggrin:

Iniquity is everything that's wrong with healing in this game.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    Healing is extremely powerful in general. Even self heals. My point was that the fast heal can't even save some people. If you don't have time to Iniquity, something is wrong.
  • Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    laughinxan wrote: »
    Honestly I wish support in CO could be recognized as doing far more than just raising the health bars of teammates, and actually more focused on preventing the health bars from dropping so fast in the first place, with a wider variety of protective buffs designed to mitigate damage rather than just putting a buffer over the health bar but things to allow a person to boost allies dodge ratings or other powers for boosting resistance besides aura of radiant protection. Things to reduce the amount of healing necessary significantly enough to be plainly noticable.

This is one message I can get behind. In another superhero game I played for quite a long time, I gravitated towards the defender/corrupter archetype because of the variety of buff and debuff tools at my disposal. While it would be an exaggeration to say healing was a last resort, a good defender tended to relay a great deal more on buffs that protected players so that you used healing as a much more even thing to top off characters your buffs had already strengthened or in spot managed situations(or when it totally hit the fan) I may well be missing some of the options available, but it seems to me that while co has healing options out there, the ability to apply and stack buffs, and mitigate damage with debuffs is far less of a focus here.
  • Options
    aetam1aetam1 Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sterga wrote: »
    Healing is extremely powerful in general. Even self heals. My point was that the fast heal can't even save some people. If you don't have time to Iniquity, something is wrong.

People being killed in one hit is always a bad and rather frustrating mechanic. But what can help is: aopm for more hp and aopr for more defense. And bubbles. If you have a good aura and make sure they always have a bubble it is possible to keep some of the squishies alive.

But I would prefer some different game mechanics. Let the main boss focus on the tank. Add a few adds or some environmental stuff to keep the others entertained. And make sure that a mistake results in dmg and not in death. If they design squishy archetypes they should make sure they have a place.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    aetam1 wrote: »
    People being killed in one hit is always a bad and rather frustrating mechanic. But what can help is: aopm for more hp and aopr for more defense. And bubbles. If you have a good aura and make sure they always have a bubble it is possible to keep some of the squishies alive.

But I would prefer some different game mechanics. Let the main boss focus on the tank. Add a few adds or some environmental stuff to keep the others entertained. And make sure that a mistake results in dmg and not in death. If they design squishy archetypes they should make sure they have a place.

If you have a boss that just going to focus on the tank, then everything becomes 100% more boring and I already think Grav is a snooze fest. All I do is look at my HP bar and watch for my BCR to come off of cool down. Those bubbles are more of a mild annoyance than a fun mechanic to keep me on my toes. "Oh, another bubble. Guess I should block."

Pretty much never going to like healing in CO because of things that have nothing to do with healing. (Target Team shortcuts not working in Team-Up, worst UI ever, no range finding, having to see EVERYONE's buffs and debuffs instead of just mine, terrible tab targeting, not being able to only tab target players and not their damn pets or sigils.) I'd rather do my healing through sentinel mastery as I'm bashing things in the face.
  • Options
    aetam1aetam1 Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you have a boss that just going to focus on the tank, then everything becomes 100% more boring and I already think Grav is a snooze fest. All I do is look at my HP bar and watch for my BCR to come off of cool down. Those bubbles are more of a mild annoyance than a fun mechanic to keep me on my toes. "Oh, another bubble. Guess I should block."

If gravitar would only attack the tank it would be boring yes. In that case they would need to add something else. I mean there could be a few minions that go after the dds, or something.

I am just saying there are other ways to make a battle exciting/difficult than randomly shooting people. The random only works if everyone is tanky enough.

Or at least give a good visible warning and enough time time to block.

But I can understand that it is hard to design content, that works with squishy AT's and good freeforms at the same time.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    aetam1 wrote: »
    But I can understand that it is hard to design content, that works with squishy AT's and good freeforms at the same time.

And that's why one of them needs to go away. I vote ATs off.
  • Options
    nazacanazaca Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And that's why one of them needs to go away. I vote ATs off.

Sounds lovely. Freeforms for everyone! :biggrin:

Dollar, dollar, bill, yo. Cash rules everything around you and me.