test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What would you do for a Vtol?

secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
Almost done with the giveaways, even gave tuff teddy hugs.

I still have a bit left and while I've managed to give plenty of people something, I want the VTOL to be something special, have a little meaning.

So far, I've had the suggestions:

Someone eats Kemba's klondike bar
Someone PMs Nesno and joins bash

But none of those are really hitting the mark. One thing some people don't realize is that in order to give this kind of stuff away, I had to put in the time and effort to acquire it. The people I've been most generous to are often the people who asked for nothing in return, as they generally are far more understanding and appreciative.

SO with that said - what would you do, or what would you want someone to do to acquire a new green VTOL with fire?

Assume it needs to be funny. If we have 2 really good ones I'll have the other one award a Fire Ant
Post edited by secksegai on

Comments

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    no thanks, i give away vehicles.
    It's hard enough adopting them oout.
    besides I have a prototype and a unripe exocet
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    heilkittyheilkitty Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would have someone organize and lead a "bench procession" in Millenium City. I was in one years ago, and I remember it as one of the most fun moments I've had in CO (which says a lot about the state of endgame content, sadly). People were basically lifting a bench above their heads and doing a miles long conga in ren center with the auto-follow button. It was such a success that there was hardly a bench to be found in the whole city!
    Bonus points if people text "with great bench comes great responsibility" and such, and/or if party balls are thrown into the mix.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would roll buck naked in the snow, making snow angels after beating myself and others with tree branches in a really hot room with other naked people. Then i would run back in the really hot room and do it again, atleast 4 times.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I would roll buck naked in the snow, making snow angels after beating myself and others with tree branches in a really hot room with other naked people. Then i would run back in the really hot room and do it again, atleast 4 times.
    moustache.gif

disregard this cheater he is finnish. -.-''''

:biggrin:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    pallihwtf wrote: »

Sadly, and disturbingly, they do this is Wisconsin too...
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Now I want a Klondike bar. Nice going secksegai. :mad:
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nothing, because vehicles are useless.
  • Options
    shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    - Do a "Lee Tosi" in MC zone chat. Back when Canada had a lively zone chat, someone made a Lee Tosi character and acted him out in character in zone chat. Calvin Biselle would be a good start.
    - Engage in amusing dialogue "the Copybuilder" and/or "the Ginger". If you've had MC zone chat on anytime within the last few weeks, you should know who they are.
    - Trivia game about minor details in CO. Not too far from your Perks challenge if you ask me.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What would I do for a VTOL?

I'd make Al Zerstoiten and spam Zone with "Citizens of Detroit. For years, you have enjoyed peace and prosperity. You've thrived amongst the fleeting victory achieved against ME by your.. pitiful champions. In my absence, numerous pretenders to my throne have arisen. But now.. the true Destroyer will return to claim that which is his. First, this city. Then, THE WOOOORLD! Ahahahahaha!" Every 15 minutes.
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    moustache.gif

In Finland, that's called a lazy Saturday afternoon, so he was totally going to do this anyway.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Stand in the center of Ren Cen and sing Sapphire's Anniversary song over, and over, and over....

I mean, I would never do that, but I'm sure someone would :tongue:

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

I'd punch a baby lemurian right in the mouth!

Wait, what are we talking about again?
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Being finnish should be enough for the given task.:cool:
    In Finland, that's called a lazy Saturday afternoon, so he was totally going to do this anyway.
    Friday actually. Saturday we do it with 100 proof beverages. And include it with sport called KnifeTag. With axes.
    moustache.gif
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Never bring a knife to an axe fight.
  • Options
    markofthelexanmarkofthelexan Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    make them do a block walk naked, round and round ren cen gathering people to a block train until they have at least 15 people with them and completed 15 circuits with said 15 people...then at random intervals they have to shout "the red lights my domain, the corner street is my game", followed by a naked duel in the ren cen duel circle (the busiest one). should be amusing to watch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Loving the ideas, though I doubt I'll ever get to see any, but I will make sure the VTOL doesn't go to waste, so please keep them coming!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I would Queue for Unrestricted BASH...

as an Inferno
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I would Queue for Unrestricted BASH...

as an Inferno

I no longer hunt infernos with reckless abandon
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I would immediately give it away to a friend who's been busting her rump for it.
  • Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    walk into a Chevy dealership with a raging case of dyslexia.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The same thing I do every night pinky...

Try to take over the world!

Or, in a more minor case, RenCen.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rianfrost wrote: »
    walk into a Chevy dealership with a raging case of dyslexia.

Hahaha. Awesome.

Something not funny but the HARDEST THING TO DO IN THIS GAME, try and jump on one of Renaissance Center's arch spikes using rocket or superjump. Pack a lunch! That's been my endgame for years.

Maybe have someone make a Gravitar clone and stand in Renaissance Center and insult other heroes' outfits.

Have an endurance challenge. See who can stay in Club Caprice longest and come out a normal person.

Say Wolverine sucks in zone chat. Winner is the first to be chat banned. Will be difficult to determine a winner.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hahaha. Awesome.

Something not funny but the HARDEST THING TO DO IN THIS GAME, try and jump on one of Renaissance Center's arch spikes using rocket or superjump. Pack a lunch! That's been my endgame for years.

Maybe have someone make a Gravitar clone and stand in Renaissance Center and insult other heroes' outfits.

Have an endurance challenge. See who can stay in Club Caprice longest and come out a normal person.

Say Wolverine sucks in zone chat. Winner is the first to be chat banned. Will be difficult to determine a winner.

I really like these.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'll attempt a normal conversation with @GingerLinda.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    heilkitty wrote: »
    I would have someone organize and lead a "bench procession" in Millenium City. I was in one years ago, and I remember it as one of the most fun moments I've had in CO (which says a lot about the state of endgame content, sadly). People were basically lifting a bench above their heads and doing a miles long conga in ren center with the auto-follow button. It was such a success that there was hardly a bench to be found in the whole city!
    Bonus points if people text "with great bench comes great responsibility" and such, and/or if party balls are thrown into the mix.

Heilkitty, could you verify your handle? As much as I would love to see someone organize this again, I won't hold you to it. I'm sure you can come up with something fun to celebrate your new VTOL ;)

Edit - I've given your VTOL to @kamokami so once you confirm your handle you should be receiving it shortly.

Thanks again everyone!
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2013
    I would definitely love to see another conga line, those are always fun. Looking forward to seeing what Heilkitty comes up with. :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    lol, even harder since we don't seem to have any active GMs to see who's chat banned when.

You get a message and timeframe when it happens.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    heilkitty wrote: »
    snip

Hi thar.....I have your VTOL...mail or send me a tell in-game to get it. (vixy@kamokami)
  • Options
    borg10f9borg10f9 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Since I have a few slots available... this seems like the perfect thing to do. Set up some keybinds with the target command so she calls them out by name. In zone.

Or I could even implement a version of my CoH taunt key tied to 50 separate taunts. A lot of work, but so much fun. And it'd take 10 - 15 minutes before you'd hear them all.

Brilliant idea. Are you sure you're not really an evil genius in disguise?
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    borg10f9 wrote: »
    Since I have a few slots available... this seems like the perfect thing to do. Set up some keybinds with the target command so she calls them out by name. In zone.

Or I could even implement a version of my CoH taunt key tied to 50 separate taunts. A lot of work, but so much fun. And it'd take 10 - 15 minutes before you'd hear them all.

Nah I'm a hero, just a really annoying one. :P
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    borg10f9 wrote: »
    Nah I'm a hero, just a really annoying one. :P

You're an evil genius without a disguise.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends