test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wrap-Up, 11/14

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited November 2013 in Release Notes
Champions is back online and fully operational. Everyone who's earned them should have all their Veteran Rewards. Thanks everyone for your patience, I really appreciate it.

There's one known issue:
-Veterans who already had these perks may end up with duplicated unlock items in their inventories.
-Three of the items are not discardable. We're working to fix this in the next build, but it isn't bad enough that we'd need to keep the servers down.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• markofthelexanmarkofthelexan Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *sigh* the missions i did last night in the desert were rolled back and those were before the patch since last night to me means UK time of around 4am. I only noticed cause the Viper power armor one was one of the last i did before bed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toooldforthistoooldforthis Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And what's not been mentioned in any posts so far -

The offense and crit changes went live too.

Always nice to know. :)
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    -Three of the items are not discardable.
    And while yer at it, check the Flag Speed also. The new item can't be discarded if you have aquiered it before.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zer0x0nezer0x0ne Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It might have been nice to announce that the critical chance/severity/offense changes were going live, as well.

"I would be curious of your circles because I know I've never heard of you.​​" - championshewolf
    edited November 2013
    zer0x0ne wrote: »
    It might have been nice to announce that the critical chance/severity/offense changes were going live, as well.

err...im pretty sure they did since most people knew that last night

Edit:
    Scratch that i just read the notes and it only said dodge and avoid :-o

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    err...im pretty sure they did since most people knew that last night
    Show me where in the patch notes it's mentioned.

"I would be curious of your circles because I know I've never heard of you.​​" - championshewolf
  • huntajack1334huntajack1334 Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And right now applying cursed or scourge eyes gives the message :

That change made the costume invalid.

So what up with that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is but one generation, a good name is FOREVER!
    edited November 2013

i did edit the post to say i reread it but one thing i do know is that people were talking about it in zone last night so it must have been said somewhere.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    i did edit the post to say i reread it but one thing i do know is that people were talking about it in zone last night so it must have been said somewhere.
    Unfortunately, it was not. Likely they made an assumption.

• mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Show me where you feel like you even saw patch notes....

Sure wasn't on the launcher.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Trail, is there any reason why players should be randomly backhanded off the server?

I'm not even getting SERVER NOT RESPONDING messages, I could simply be flying or running along then BAM disconnect...any word on this?
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2013
    I just got an email about some disconnects. Can anyone provide details?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I was just in Millennium City, I got SNR's the first time round from 0.00 to 5.78 sec then DC'd.

I logged back in and was able to do an alert before mysteriously crashing and going back to login screen, I've tried to log back in but been denied access by it going back to char select once and the last time the loading time was over 5 mins long.
  • kemeikikemeiki Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was just in Millennium City, I got SNR's the first time round from 0.00 to 5.78 sec then DC'd.

I logged back in and was able to do an alert before mysteriously crashing and going back to login screen, I've tried to log back in but been denied access by it going back to char select once and the last time the loading time was over 5 mins long.

I just experienced this exact same thing in MC. The long loading time, as well.

mensar wrote: »
    Show me where you feel like you even saw patch notes....

Sure wasn't on the launcher.
    I imagine he saw them where they always are...

http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=co-patch-notes

And yes, absolutely no mention of any additional changes going live except for the dodge/avoidance stuff. Hoping everyone would be too distracted to notice?
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2013

Hmm. Digging into this....

kemeiki wrote: »
    And yes, absolutely no mention of any additional changes going live except for the dodge/avoidance stuff. Hoping everyone would be too distracted to notice?

More like accidental oversight. We just forgot to include the Crit/Offense portion in the release notes.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I've been studying this issue. I can't find a definite pattern, it seems to be just random. I can play some characters just fine, others will suddenly stop for a second with the "Server Not Responding" and then a Disconnect right after. I did find something strange though.

When I log back in to check characters, it still says that I haven't played them for "X" amount of days. Not "Last played today". Tested this with multiple characters, none of their "Last played" numbers updated at all.

Characters which had been played within the last 24 hours of logging in don't seem to be affected by this, as far as my testing goes anyway.

Hope this helps TT.

Edit: If "Last Played" status isn't updating and really is the cause of this issue, I'd be really ashamed to find out that nobody will be able to play any of their characters 24 hours after the server went down for the patch Yesterday! D:

(Also, the Return to Character Select seems to automatically log you out and back in rapidly instead of just taking you to Character Select. Could this be part of the issue? Others have noted that after using this feature multiple times with prolonged gameplay resulted in very long load times and extreme cases of lag. Server overload perhaps?)
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For what it's worth - I've been having this issue, mostly in the evenings, for months.

I can play fine early mornings (5 am) my time zone, I can play fine during the day (weekends, days off)... but evenings, I get disconnected randomly, fairly frequently.

I can provide more details if desired.