test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do a Lair Pass before the Winter Event

shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Suggestions Box
A Lair review was planned a long time ago but never happened. The Winter Event is the next upcoming event and a certain perk will likely foster some interest among the playerbase to run Lairs. I can't think of a better opportunity to show-off any revamped Lairs.
Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
Post edited by shadowzero66 on

Comments

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,603 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They found out that if they touch ANTHING in lairs that it breaks the whole thing. They would have to rebuild them all from the ground up.

Its not going to happen at least not for another year and that's if they work on older content aside from new.
  • Options
    shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's... disturbingly depressing. I can't imagine the extent of jury-rigged code that would be required to lead up to such a thing.

Oh well, at least the current wave of developer attention for CO is promising.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's basically it, yeah. They said that lairs are currently held together by duct tape and prayers. I doubt that we will see a review of them, not now and not in the future.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Next major CO update will be that they'll switch from Silver Duct Tape to Black Duct Tape.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    tau41tau41 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I kinda' want to see it... Like preserved, for posterity, as an example of WHAT NOT TO DO ever again.

Fixing it breaks it worse... yeah. That's rewrite or scrap and move on territory...
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's basically it, yeah. They said that lairs are currently held together by duct tape and prayers. I doubt that we will see a review of them, not now and not in the future.

I think they more or less plan to rebuild them in the future.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Lairs: This is something I talked with the dev team about, so I can be a little more knowledgeable. Lairs are held together with scotch tape and prayers, and whenever we go back to try to update or ater them, they fall apart messily. While I would really like to see them updated, if the price of doing so is effectively rebuilding them completely...

Dug this up. I dont know if this is the current official stance, but it's the one I remember.