test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An Arbitrary Number of People Demanding That Some Sort of Action Be Taken!!!

Comments

• pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Demands that Marvel stops copying my weekends with after brawling, breweges and spinning meats.
    (That picture is actually what it looks like.)
    1 patriotic army dude.
    1 blond longhaired hippie. Uses a hammer alot.
    1 sort of a **** rich dude. 1 reason we hang with him... He's not really rich...He just has more money than rest of us have.
    1 science sort of dude. Ok, he is/was working at Nokia mobilephone stuffs. He knows computerstuff alot.
    1 archer guy. Yes, he actually fishes with a compound bow.
    1...ok we don't have a hot red head girl there, thats where i usually sit.

what I took from this...

Flyng Finn is a hot red head girl? :eek:

:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

A hot BUSTY red head girl.
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    edit: double post
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wonders how post drifted this far off-topic. Tries to revisit original point, actually revisits a digression on page 4.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Gives up and posts a sexy pic of his (male!) character in a vain attempt to garner attention to the original point.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    1...ok we don't have a hot red head girl there, thats where i usually sit.
    what I took from this...

Flyng Finn is a hot red head girl?

[/quote]

A hot BUSTY red head girl.

Points out the easily noticeable point in the wildly offtopic part

Comkplains about people not bothering to read whats actually there and use what passes for briancells

(he says there is no red headed girl, he sits there. )
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    aetam1 wrote: »
    (OOC: I even googled the book and now I have a picture in my head of that psychologist beating up a lawyer, it made me laugh so hard. I am a bad person)

Is pleased about the first statement and points out that a Lawyer is a true profession and Psychologists are only hibbies.

Also states that he is not afraid of some maniac with a book.

Is now actually afraid of people carrying books and tries to practice witchcraft in secret to protect himself.

(OOC: haha :biggrin: IRL that book is so damn heavy, my goodness, I think you could actually kill somebody with it!)

Takes offense to the assertion that Psychologists "are only hibbies" and points out that the media industry and political systems and Justice Systems would not be half as effective as they are now if it were not for Psychologists.

Proceeds to provide a link to Loftus & Palmer's study on Leading Questions and refers to the Devlin Report of 1976.

Perceives that he actually is afraid of people carrying books as there was no need to state this (weird internet psychology FTW) and proceeds to post 8 pictures of people carrying books in overtly threatening ways.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Randomly shows up after weeks of silence and antagonizes everyone in sight before having all posts deleted and being banned again.
    edited November 2013
    (OOC: haha :biggrin: IRL that book is so damn heavy, my goodness, I think you could actually kill somebody with it!)

Takes offense to the assertion that Psychologists "are only hibbies" and points out that the media industry and political systems and Justice Systems would not be half as effective as they are now if it were not for Psychologists.

Proceeds to provide a link to Loftus & Palmer's study on Leading Questions and refers to the Devlin Report of 1976.

Perceives that he actually is afraid of people carrying books as there was no need to state this (weird internet psychology FTW) and proceeds to post 8 pictures of people carrying books in overtly threatening ways.

/ten chars.... forgot what I was going to say

OOC- actually I would be interested in reading that, do you have a link. That one sounds interesting. Yes, I will read pretty much anything, I always have done.

I draw the line at MIlls & Boone and Barbara Cartland due to them only having 4 plots.

Champions 5th ed revised- 2kg(4.4lbs),I weighed it at the shops once, when the shop assistant asked why my gaming bag was so heavy
    started hunting for it, think I found a copy on Science Direct, clicked on something and found a whole list of other goodies to read.
    Now If I can just work out when I can afford it,(the pdf format)

edited November 2013
    chaelk wrote: »

/ten chars.... forgot what I was going to say

OOC- actually I would be interested in reading that, do you have a link. That one sounds interesting. Yes, I will read pretty much anything, I always have done.

I draw the line at MIlls & Boone and Barbara Cartland due to them only having 4 plots.

Champions 5th ed revised- 2kg(4.4lbs),I weighed it at the shops once, when the shop assistant asked why my gaming bag was so heavy
    started hunting for it, think I found a copy on Science Direct, clicked on something and found a whole list of other goodies to read.
    Now If I can just work out when I can afford it,(the pdf format)

(OOC: Sure, I should have access to the actual journal article, it's been a while since I read it though, I used it for my A-Level paper (got 98% FTW! :biggrin:).... *sometime later*... I cannot grant access to the study though my university library since its on a login basis, however a PDF of this is available, click the link below:

"Loftus, E.F. & Palmer, J.C. (1974) Reconstruction of automobile destruction: An example of the interaction between language and memory"

It basically influenced the Justice System in the sense that based on evidence like that of Loftus's, the Devlin Report (1976) recommended that the trial judge be required to instruct the jury that it is not safe to convict on a single eyewitness testimony alone, except in exceptional circumstances or when there is substantial corroborative evidence.

Her reconstructive hypothesis meant that lawyers and the police are urged to use as few leading questions as they can as this has a direct impact (based on her study) on the witness's ability to recall information accurately.

This was all developed out of the first experiments results which lead to two possible theories:

-Response-bias (a version of social desirability)

-Memory Distortion/Alteration.

...oops... I'm rambling :redface:

*Deactivates Psychologist mode*

It's definitely a good read if you've got some time! Enjoy! :biggrin:)
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    IC - This thread has definitely gone off the rails. :mad:

OOC - I can't believe that this thread has actually gone off the rails. :biggrin: LOL

Abed-abed-nadir-20355932-500-281.png
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited November 2013
    IC - This thread has definitely gone off the rails. :mad:

OOC - I can't believe that this thread has actually gone off the rails. :biggrin: LOL

Abed-abed-nadir-20355932-500-281.png

(OOC: THAT is the power of my psychology skills :wink:)

Agrees thread has indeed deviated from it's original purpose/intended course, and likens this to social deviations from the norm which may be responsible for certain psychological disorders regarding mental health.

Suggests that in this case it is merely the logical (in her case) and illogical (in the case of others) development of ideas which has brought about this deviation.
  • aetam1aetam1 Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    (OOC: I though we are accurately simulating the development of a whine thread. Nothing here has gone of the rails, it is all science :tongue:)
    (OOC: THAT is the power of my psychology skills :wink:)

Agrees thread has indeed deviated from it's original purpose/intended course, and likens this to social deviations from the norm which may be responsible for certain psychological disorders regarding mental health.

Suggests that in this case it is merely the logical (in her case) and illogical (in the case of others) development of ideas which has brought about this deviation.

Points out that the theravenforce has obviously a flawed logic. Agrees that one should go back to the topic now. Also mentions that everything is somehow the devs fault anyway without giving further explanation to why.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
    edited November 2013
    (OOC: I though we are accurately simulating the development of a whine thread. Nothing here has gone of the rails, it is all science :tongue:)

(OOC: Yes, all in the name of SCIENCE! :cool:)
    Points out that the theravenforce has obviously a flawed logic. Agrees that one should go back to the topic now. Also mentions that everything is somehow the devs fault anyway without giving further explanation to why.

Disproves the assertion that her logic is flawed and reasons her posts are based on a logical development of ideas and continues to assume that aetam1 is a lawyer with an underlying fear of books.

Agrees that we should be back on topic and mentions something in line with the OP, reflecting it's frustration at a such a change, whilst attempting to see potential benefits of the thread.
    edited November 2013
    Disproves the assertion that her logic is flawed and reasons her posts are based on a logical development of ideas and continues to assume that aetam1 is a lawyer with an underlying fear of books.
    Claims that theravenforce just hides behind books and throws big word around without understand anything. Further adds that theravenforce is probably simply not capable of understanding logic.
    (Feels good after writing this because he has once again shown the universe/internet his superiority. He is obviously the only one capable of logical thinking)
    Agrees that we should be back on topic and mentions something in line with the OP, reflecting it's frustration at a such a change, whilst attempting to see potential benefits of the thread.

States that the devs are obviously ruining the game. Argues that they have no idea what they are doing and are not considering the impact of the changes.
    (Is completely certain of his opinion despite never having checked any numbers and without having any clue about the real game mechanic)

edited November 2013
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lordgar wrote: »
    Carefully worded official response.

Kisses up to official response, praising its existence.
    edited November 2013
    Claims that theravenforce just hides behind books and throws big word around without understand anything. Further adds that theravenforce is probably simply not capable of understanding logic.
    (Feels good after writing this because he has once again shown the universe/internet his superiority. He is obviously the only one capable of logical thinking)

Claims that aetam1 hides behind baseless assertions as he is unable to argue logically at the same level as herself, which provides an explanations for his baseless assertions. (Idly wonders what Chris Evans (Captain America) is doing right now..)
    States that the devs are obviously ruining the game. Argues that they have no idea what they are doing and are not considering the impact of the changes.
    (Is completely certain of his opinion despite never having checked any numbers and without having any clue about the real game mechanic)

Asks if aetam1 has actually tested proposed changes and wonder if he is able to see it from the Devs perspective.
    edited November 2013
    Kisses up to official response, praising its existence.
    Calls blademaster5121 a cryptic fanboy
    Claims that aetam1 hides behind baseless assertions as he is unable to argue logically at the same level as herself, which provides an explanations for his baseless assertions. (Idly wonders what Chris Evans (Captain America) is doing right now..)
    Claims that theravenforce is nothing more than a little girl and includes a picture. Further notes that she will understand when she grows up.
    Asks if aetam1 has actually tested proposed changes and wonder if he is able to see it from the Devs perspective.

Respondes that with his intimate knowledge of the game he can predict the results without testing. Includes an unrealistic example of a situation that never actually happens to make his point.

edited November 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Stops talking in the third person.

References irony.
    ironingCompact6.jpg
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited November 2013
    sets out umbrella and chair,
    bucket of popcorn, drink
    fire extinguisher(just in case)
    settles down to watch the tennis match between aetem and ravenforce
    puts in snarky comment just in case about occasionally throwing popcorn bits to encourage them to greater effort a la Cryptic budgeting for CO

edited November 2013
    edited November 2013
    sets out umbrella and chair,
    bucket of popcorn, drink
    fire extinguisher(just in case)
    settles down to watch the tennis match between aetem and ravenforce
    puts in snarky comment just in case about occasionally throwing popcorn bits to encourage them to greater effort a la Cryptic budgeting for CO

OOC: Unfortunately arguing a non existing case from the viewpoint of a logically impaired stubborn mule is quite repetitive. But is has been a lot of fun so far. I am even learning a bit about psychological literature on the way :biggrin:

spinnytop wrote: »
    wtf she so happy about? u.u

Maybe she is actually destroying the shirt out of vengeance and that is an evil grin? Maybe she has a master plan and this is the first step towards world domination?

edited November 2013
    the shirt is a semi dakr linen and says, use a cool iron, only form the inside. she has it on hot and ironing form the outside
    IC complains about the lack of argumetn and demands people start being entertaining

• sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ironingCompact6.jpg

Wonders why there's no salad.

(Discovers the inevitable Tumblr.)
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited November 2013
    Calls blademaster5121 a cryptic fanboy.

Agrees with this assertion based on no evidence what so ever.

Claims that theravenforce is nothing more than a little girl and includes a picture. Further notes that she will understand when she grows up.

Disproves this assertion by stating that she is actually older than presented age in the photo and argues that aetam1 is unable to understand different points of view outside of his own due to lack of Theory of Mind (Baron-Cohen, 2001), which then affects his social skills due to the nature of Theory of Mind, attempts to resolve this issue by posting the Sally-Ann Task on forums.

Remembers his fear of people with books and posts a link to a psychologist wildly waving a book (Developmental Psychology - Gillibrand, Lam and O'Donnell)

Respondes that with his intimate knowledge of the game he can predict the results without testing. Includes an unrealistic example of a situation that never actually happens to make his point.

Argues that the situation is unrealistic and does not support his claim, demands to know what his hypothesis is.

Suggests that Social Constructivism can explain why he has a misplaced sense of "intimate knowledge" regarding the game.
    edited November 2013
    ironingCompact6.jpg

Claims that this woman clearly has underlying tension in her psyche and refers to the Electra Complex.

States that her defense mechanisms are selective memory loss and ironing.

States that she seems to be ironing in a manner which denotes malice and may in fact suffer from Empathy Erosion on such a level she can be defined as a Zero-Negative Type P.

Uses this picture to back up her earlier point that the change Cryptic are bringing into the game, in a similar manner to the action being depicted in the photo, will iron out the kinks in the game and will restore/achieve balance.
    edited November 2013
    Disproves this assertion by stating that she is actually older than presented age in the photo and argues that aetam1 is unable to understand different points of view outside of his own due to lack of Theory of Mind (Baron-Cohen, 2001), which then affects his social skills due to the nature of Theory of Mind, attempts to resolve this issue by posting the Sally-Ann Task on forums.

Remembers his fear of people with books and posts a link to a psychologist wildly waving a book (Developmental Psychology - Gillibrand, Lam and O'Donnell)
    Does not understand any of that so he simply states it is all BS. Also states that Sally will obviously look in Anns basket since it is safe to assume that people steal anything they can.
    (Continues to imagine theravenforce as a little girl who is unable to pick up a book. Despite this image not fitting her posts it helps him sleep at night and makes him feel safe)

Argues that the situation is unrealistic and does not support his claim, demands to know what his hypothesis is.

Suggests that Social Constructivism can explain why he has a misplaced sense of "intimate knowledge" regarding the game.

Claims that is common knowledge and needs no further explanation. Argues that anyone who actually plays this game regularly will understand his point.

edited November 2013
    Wonders why there's no salad.

(Discovers the inevitable Tumblr.)

Because when you've lost everything and you're too old to start over... you can still laugh alone with a salad until you die.

Also this thread has deconstructed its memes too heavily and has lost all sense of itself.
    edited November 2013
    Claims that this woman clearly has underlying tension in her psyche and refers to the Electra Complex.

States that her defense mechanisms are selective memory loss and ironing.

States that she seems to be ironing in a manner which denotes malice and may in fact suffer from Empathy Erosion on such a level she can be defined as a Zero-Negative Type P.

Uses this picture to back up her earlier point that the change Cryptic are bringing into the game, in a similar manner to the action being depicted in the photo, will iron out the kinks in the game and will restore/achieve balance.

Lest we forget that sometimes an ironing board is just an ironing board.

And other times it's a cigar.

newgirl1a.jpg

646085.JPG

A really, FILTHY cigar. :redface:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited November 2013
    braincells scatter in random directions after last post, rest of paragraph is gibberish

edited November 2013
    Lest we forget that sometimes an ironing board is just an ironing board.

And other times it's a cigar.

newgirl1a.jpg

646085.JPG

A really, FILTHY cigar. :redface:

Approves of this pictures.

edited November 2013
    Thoroughly disgusted, makes claim that anyone who disagrees with opinion is both like Hitler and a Puppet.

ooc - Or, actually. Hitler as a puppet. :biggrin: What? Too soon? :rolleyes:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited November 2013
    Makes a post wherein it is stated that the poster is making a certain kind of post that has been made on these forums before in such a way as to imply that that kind of post is in some way negative.
    edited November 2013
    Does not understand any of that so he simply states it is all BS. Also states that Sally will obviously look in Anns basket since it is safe to assume that people steal anything they can.
    (Continues to imagine theravenforce as a little girl who is unable to pick up a book. Despite this image not fitting her posts it helps him sleep at night and makes him feel safe)

(OOC: So glad you got the Sally-Ann task :wink:)

Recognises her post was a little too in depth and proceeds to break it down. Subtly suggests that his witchcraft and lawyer powers will not protect him from the book monsters.

#InstillingBibliophobia

#EvilPsychologySkills
    Claims that is common knowledge and needs no further explanation. Argues that anyone who actually plays this game regularly will understand his point.

Demands an explanation. Argues that she plays the game regularly and does not seem to be able to arrive at such a conclusion.
    edited November 2013

Recognises her post was a little too in depth and proceeds to break it down. Subtly suggests that his witchcraft and lawyer powers will not protect him from the book monsters.

#InstillingBibilophobia

#EvilPsycholgySkills

Demands an explanation. Argues that she plays the game regularly and does not seem to be able to arrive at such a conclusion.

grammar nazi attacks spelling of supposed professional person, having missed the student references.

OOC- bibliophobia, psychology.I see your keyboard hates you too padawan

edited November 2013
    (OOC: I actually never heard of that thing but goggle came to my rescue)

#InstillingBibilophobia

#EvilPsycholgySkills

States that only a child would believe in book monsters or witchcraft.

(Locks all his books away since he does believe in witchcraft and one can never be too cautious)

Claims that theravenforce just does not want to admit the truth. Calls her a troll that spreads misinformation and accuses her of trying to fool less experienced players.

edited November 2013
    grammar nazi attacks spelling of supposed professional person, having missed the student references.

OOC- bibliophobia, psychology.I see your keyboard hates you too padawan

OOC - Yeah, it was like 2am after an essay, I replied x_X

Argues that bad spelling is a sign of superior intelligence but concedes that spelling is important.

(Goes off and fixes post before aetam1 quotes her.)
    edited November 2013
    (OOC: I actually never heard of that thing but goggle came to my rescue)

(OOC- lol hehe :3)
    States that only a child would believe in book monsters or witchcraft.

Proceeds to ask if his spell of protection against Librarians has worked yet..

<Insert Librarian Pic here>
    Claims that theravenforce just does not want to admit the truth. Calls her a troll that spreads misinformation and accuses her of trying to fool less experienced players.

States that her experience and information is backed up by years of psychological research, in game experience and RL experience as she is actually psychic in RL.
    edited November 2013
    (Goes off and fixes post before aetam1 quotes her.)

Laughs triumphantly because theravenforce was too late.

edited November 2013
    Laughs triumphantly because theravenforce was too late.

(OOC - XD ahaha, as soon as I fixed it I saw you had already quoted me, I lol'd so hard)

(Scowls and proceeds to plot something against aetam1 involving books, librarians and Freud.)
    edited November 2013
    Proceeds to ask if his spell of protection against Librarians has worked yet..

<Insert Librarian Pic here>
    States that libraries are obsolete these days.

(Googles for proper protection against books and considers building a flame thrower)
    States that her experience and information is backed up by years of psychological research, in game experience and RL experience as she is actually psychic in RL.

Notes that theravenforce did not actually deny being a troll and even listed her qualifications for manipulating people. Sees that as further proof that his assumption is right.

edited November 2013
    States that libraries are obsolete these days.

(Googles for proper protection against books and considers building a flame thrower)

Argues that this is incorrect. Proceeds to post a picture showing a local library which is full of people holding, reading and picking up books.
    Notes that theravenforce did not actually deny being a troll and even listed her qualifications for manipulating people. Sees that as further proof that his assumption is right.

Argues that she is no more of a troll than aetam1 is. States that a proper understanding of a logical development of ideas should speak for itself regarding her credibility.

Argues that she uses her qualifications to assist people rather than to manipulate.
    edited November 2013
    Argues that this is incorrect. Proceeds to post a picture showing a local library which is full of people holding, reading and picking up books.

Claims this is obviously photoshopped.
    Argues that she is no more of a troll than aetam1 is. States that a proper understanding of a logical development of ideas should speak for itself regarding her credibility.

Argues that she uses her qualifications to assist people rather than to manipulate.

Accuses theravenforce of using big words and overly complicated sentences to confuse people. Further points out the all the psychology talk is merely a distraction/intimidation tactic. Claims that people like theravenforce are responsible for the bad state of the game.

edited November 2013
    Claims this is obviously photoshopped.

States that it was not photo shopped and includes a web address of the aforementioned library.
    Accuses theravenforce of using big words and overly complicated sentences to confuse people. Further points out the all the psychology talk is merely a distraction/intimidation tactic. Claims that people like theravenforce are responsible for the bad state of the game.

States that his assertion is incorrect as she regularly supports the game with purchases. States that the state of the game is due to external factors which cannot be blamed on members of the player base, especially not herself.

Points out that his arguments are based on unrealistic situations which have to bearing on real life, argues that her "psychology talk" merely serves to back up her arguments.
    edited November 2013
    States that it was not photo shopped and includes a web address of the aforementioned library.
    States that this picture is an advertisement and therefore most likely edited or staged. It does not show a normal scenario and does not count as proof.

States that his assertion is incorrect as she regularly supports the game with purchases. States that the state of the game is due to external factors which cannot be blamed on members of the player base, especially not herself.

Points out that his arguments are based on unrealistic situations which have to bearing on real life, argues that her "psychology talk" merely serves to back up her arguments.

Accuses theravenforce of being pay to win and destroying the game for free players. Claims her "elitist" views are bad. They influence cryptic in a negative way which leads to many players leaving the game.

edited November 2013
    *starts to wonder if possibly this argument between aetem1 and ravenforce is possibly a troll mating ritual*

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVaejbAsdFRBysk2ZF4TKlEyxYiSUZ3qr-g9TDIO5P7E7fZotewA

the librarians are watching you
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpxzVNB2HNT_m8BhDuYkBUs2wsIVSBq9U1ZplvYNapTjKQYK59-w

edited November 2013
    *starts to wonder if possibly this argument between aetem1 and ravenforce is possibly a troll mating ritual*

Is outraged at that assumption. States that he is no troll and tells chaelk to either participate in the argument or leave to troll elsewhere.

• p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Comes back to thread.

"wat"

Cannot summon the energy to be angry at this derailment, goes back to playing the game.

Or I would be if Cryptic hadn't broken something.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Has finally figured out the OP has tricked role play upon the unwashed masses.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited November 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Has finally figured out the OP has tricked role play upon the unwashed masses.

Ridicules you for just figuring out something I pointed out like 347 pages ago.

Exaggerates number of pages in thread.

States everything I am doing in the third person.

Smushes ur face /)^3^(\