test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stop being Lockbox whores, Chao Ming!

joashijoashi Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Suggestions Box
they haven't released any new content in ages. Ever since the stupid Chinese bought the game its been nothing but lockboxes! No new archetypes, no new costume sets, no mission packs, nothing! Perfect World my butt.

Hey game devs. Here's a lockbox for you. It has my money in it. You can unlock it, but you need to have quality updates. These can be purchased with hard work points in the "Get your **** together" store.
Post edited by joashi on

Comments

• flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    While I'm sure this post won't last long, once the mods see it, I'd like to point out that it is blatantly wrong.

True, there haven't been any new archetypes, but there have been a number of new powers, particularly the new Telepathy and Laser Sword ones.

No new costume sets? They JUST PUT FOUR NEW COSTUME SETS IN THE CASH STORE, as well as releasing several new costume parts both as in-game drops and from lockboxes over the last several months.

No, there haven't been any new "mission packs", but there have been new missions, as well as some very fun new alerts, with another in the works right now.

There have been numerous bug fixes, with more on the way.

Nothing? Absolutely correct! IF you're only counting since last Thursday last week.
    joashi wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad:

reverse-1315849047_chuck_norris_punching.gif

Eventually Chuck will punch thru the monitor.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rarr! Sulk smash!
    joashi wrote: »
    they haven't released any new content in ages. Ever since the stupid Chinese bought the game its been nothing but lockboxes! No new archetypes, no new costume sets, no mission packs, nothing! Perfect World my butt.

Hey game devs. Here's a lockbox for you. It has my money in it. You can unlock it, but you need to have quality updates. These can be purchased with hard work points in the "Get your **** together" store.

Did you post while drunk? Or are you just racist?
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    Did you post while drunk? Or are you just racist?

Why can't it be both?
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why can't a person hate a country for its poor business practices and general lack of ethics without being racist?

This is the country that puts lead in baby formula, lead in toothpaste, lead in baby chew toys, lead in action figures and sidewalk chalk and lead in meat.

Ruining video games is really the least of their evils.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Couple of things: One, Perfect World itself has a very loose influence on what actually happens in the game. Generally, the strategy of PW involving Champions Online, and most other 2nd party games, is to leave them to their own devices. This is definitely a step up from the prior Atari management (for example, they were pushing to try and make Vibora Bay a paid expansion pack.)

Two, and this partially explains point one, PW is sort of a multinational, so the business practices of China are really far-flung from anything that would effect any american-developed MMOs under their label. Even then, the more direct management that games like CO and Neverwinter,would be answering to is Perfect World Entertainment, which is based in California.

So basically, Lockboxes were due less to the fact that some non-english-speaking CEOs in Beijing suddenly decided they should plop pay boxes in some game they've never even heard of, and more due to Cryptic basically trying to make a quick buck in trying to fuel some sort of future development. Sad, but true.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The game I like is still up and running.
    Lockboxes are part of that.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am probably going to say this is more of a rant thread because someone didn't get what they wanted from the lock boxes after spending hundreds of dollars on them.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Every time I open a lockbox for free I make sure to do it with this expression :mad: because that is what the popular opinion demands... even though on the inside I'm all like :cool:
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I see nothing wrong with the lock boxes. While the ridiculous chance based nature of them annoys me (I would quite honestly prefer each lock box type to drop exactly one thing, and remove the gambling element all together), as a mechanic to get people paying, it's not too bad.
    There has been a lot of content since we've started having lock boxes, and while the old UNTIL report ideas of having the island of Destruga as a Zone (this was very quick after my own suggestion at the time, after I mentioned how they could reuse assets for most of it) or the long abandoned Time Travel into late 1800s Britain to face werewolf Jack the Ripper idea have been abandoned, we still get decent content, namely the SOCRATES Adventure Pack-like series in a digital setting and also the Nighthawk event, which introduced Flying Become Devices skinned like various vehicles with slottable upgrades and intriguing reload mechanics to them unlike anything else in the game. We've even had multiple costume packs and even an emote pack, for crying out loud!
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I see nothing wrong with the lock boxes. While the ridiculous chance based nature of them annoys me (I would quite honestly prefer each lock box type to drop exactly one thing, and remove the gambling element all together), as a mechanic to get people paying, it's not too bad.
    There has been a lot of content since we've started having lock boxes, and while the old UNTIL report ideas of having the island of Destruga as a Zone (this was very quick after my own suggestion at the time, after I mentioned how they could reuse assets for most of it) or the long abandoned Time Travel into late 1800s Britain to face werewolf Jack the Ripper idea have been abandoned, we still get decent content, namely the SOCRATES Adventure Pack-like series in a digital setting and also the Nighthawk event, which introduced Flying Become Devices skinned like various vehicles with slottable upgrades and intriguing reload mechanics to them unlike anything else in the game. We've even had multiple costume packs and even an emote pack, for crying out loud!
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why did you post the exact same thing twice, two hours apart? :confused:
    I think you missed the Memo for the 4 new costume packs in Z store
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why did you post the exact same thing twice, two hours apart? :confused:

It was his past self who went forward in time to beat the post he will type two hours later.

~Paradox~

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    3v2128.jpg

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    avianos wrote: »
    I think you missed the Memo for the 4 new costume packs in Z store

That are however the first Costume-Sets we finally got since over 15 months. The last was Nighthawk or the Wizard Set, not totally sure at the moment.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • thelostexilethelostexile Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please note:

Cryptic is the developer, which means they create content. PWE is the publisher, which means they say how content is distributed. One thing about this content distribution is lock boxes. Cryptic doesn't actually have the choice to stop lock boxes from happening.

It's not because they don't want to, it's because they have no say in it. So if you want to get mad at anyone, get mad at PWE (the publisher). Not Cryptic (the devs).
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So if you want to get mad at anyone, get mad at PWE (the publisher). Not Cryptic (the devs).

And to be even more exact, blame the current MMO culture. Just about all MMOs have them. Why? Because they sell.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Racist stupidity aside: If a game gets you to this point it's time to reexamine your life.

Or time to get your meds refilled.
    Maybe he just needs a warm bath...

with a radio...

in the tub...

plugged in...

:3

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    beldin wrote: »
    That are however the first Costume-Sets we finally got since over 15 months. The last was Nighthawk or the Wizard Set, not totally sure at the moment.

Can't blame a player for being frustrated with lockboxes. A Custom alert here and there doesn't exactly provide a great deal of replayability. Look at the ones that have been around a while, warlord and hi pan only have real value in the cores these days. Repeating the exact same mission isn't exactly enticing people to stay.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    beldin wrote: »

Coolguy: "Here you go homeless guy, here's 20 bucks, spend it however you like"

Homeless guy: "**** YOU! You know how long it's been since the last time someone gave me money?! **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU!"
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))