test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20131024.3 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS this morning, 11/8/2013

You can find release notes for previous unreleased PTS patches by using the link(s) below:

FC.31.20131024.2
FC.31.20131024.1

Release Notes:

Preview:

• Rampage: Fire And Ice:
    • Flaming Prison no longer detonates on pet movement

• Flaming Prison's explosion radius has been adjusted to be closer to the visible FX

• Flaming Prison and Frozen Spires now work correctly on flying players.

• Living Fire and Living Ice now appear in front of the targeted player.

• Frozen Spires vanish sooner when destroyed

• Frozen Spires are now immune to knocks and repels.
  • This is unfinished work with placeholders for loot, cutscenes, and supporting text. We're mainly looking for feedback on the fight itself.

Powers:

• Night Warrior: This power now correctly gives 8% dodge at Rank 1.

• Fluidity: This power now grants 20/25/30% dodge (down from 30/40/50%).

Items:

• The Drifter store now has Armadillo costume pieces for sale.

UI:

• Account Bank: The new "all" button was rounding incorrectly causing the text fields to show the wrong amount of Resources. Fixed.

• Account Bank: The withdraw/deposit buttons in the withdraw/deposit dialog are now disabled until you enter a value.

• Added a Sort button to the inventory and bank windows.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• aetam1aetam1 Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lordgar wrote: »
    • Added a Sort button to the inventory and bank windows.

Yay! My bank is a mess, I am looking forward to that.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • tidalwave082tidalwave082 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When did this hit? I was just on there and it didn't prompt me to patch, also can we hear anything about the LTS rewards and the drifter salvage in the account bank please? These are things you've claimed you've added, (plus the stuff you just mentioned) but I don't see how WE can test them when LTS aren't being granted all rewards on PTS yet and (at least I) can't claim ANY hideout on PTS, not even one of the one time free ones.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Drifter store now has Armadillo costume pieces for sale.

Actual Costume Pieces, not just some gear?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited November 2013
    When did this hit? I was just on there and it didn't prompt me to patch, also can we hear anything about the LTS rewards and the drifter salvage in the account bank please? These are things you've claimed you've added, (plus the stuff you just mentioned) but I don't see how WE can test them when LTS aren't being granted all rewards on PTS yet and (at least I) can't claim ANY hideout on PTS, not even one of the one time free ones.

I just patched PTS and tried the sort function, works nicely. But there is no sort button for the account bank, only regular and inventory. Also each bag has his own sort button.

Also I can access the hideout if I have it selected on the live server before copying the char. I can not select a different one on PTS. So I can tell you the drifter salvage works. You deposit it there like globals and can take it again.

As for the LTS stuff. I suppose they are account unlocks and not server unlocks. So they can not grant it only on PTS. I think we will have to wait till this hits live.

flyingfinn wrote: »
    Actual Costume Pieces, not just some gear?

Actual pieces: back, chest and helmet for 30/15/15 salvage.

• flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When did this hit?

It hasn't yet. That's why he said that it's scheduled. The PTS should go down at least briefly, and you'll be forced to download a patch before it goes up.
    Edit: I'm patching now, so I guess it's up.
    I can't claim ANY hideout on PTS, not even one of the one time free ones.

Claim a hideout on a Live character, and copy that character to PTS. They won't have a hideout list, but they'll still be able to enter their last selected hideout. When you get in, you won't be able to customize it (it will tell you "This is not your hideout"), but you will still be able to use the Account Storage.

As far as the LTS not unlocking, I think that's universal. I don't know anyone who got the LTS unlock to work properly yet.
    Armadillo

That back piece just screams build a krogan.

• mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    phzf5.jpg

Lol, I'll probably head over to test the alert this weekend. It sounds like it has some interesting mechanics in it, I'll post any bugs / balance issues after.
    edited November 2013
    Oh and they removed justice gear from the vendor. Instead you can now buy... a rock.

• pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would like to address a very old 'issue'. I know this isn't a top priority issue, but it's been around forever so it would be nice if you could have a look at it.The Enforcer class enemies in alerts and their generic names and powers. DEMON Enforcer, New Purple Enforcer, Red Banner Enforcer etc.

For the sake of immersion, please give them proper names:

(For example: )

DEMON: Demonbound
    ARGENT: Troubleshooter
    PSI: Telekineticist
    New Purple Gang: Heavy
    Red Banner: Bodyguard

etc.

Maybe also give them powersets that fit their faction?

Also: The Master Villain of the 'Hired Thugs' faction (Deadman Walkin' uses them) is broken. He is named Master Villain Default and does exactly nothing.
    edited November 2013
    -Armor Blaster in Long gloves has Armadillo Pattern.
  • lstcause101lstcause101 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The sort function is a nice idea, unfortunately it fell victim to the age old inventory bug: anything that affects the inventory only affects the main bag not the others

Check out the Community-Designed Hero, my Costume Gallery and my
    Game Suggestion Thread.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,582 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Drifter store now has Armadillo costume pieces for sale.

Right when I thought I would never have to open a lockbox ever again.

BoP or BoE?
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The sort function is a nice idea, unfortunately it fell victim to the age old inventory bug: anything that affects the inventory only affects the main bag not the others

There's a separate Sort button on each bag. For anything other than the main bag, it's a tab sticking out of the top right corner.

In the bags, it sorts each bag individually. In the personal bank, it shuffles all five windows together and sorts them. I'd rather have the bank pages individually sorted.
    Right when I thought I would never have to open a lockbox ever again.

BoP or BoE?

All three are BoE.
    There's a separate Sort button on each bag. For anything other than the main bag, it's a tab sticking out of the top right corner.

In the bags, it sorts each bag individually. In the personal bank, it shuffles all five windows together and sorts them. I'd rather have the bank pages individually sorted.

Ah did not notice that, good catch.

Game Suggestion Thread.
  • rstzedrstzed Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The forth bag slot is ghosted out and when you click on it you get a broken buy window.
    All items in that slot are either inaccessible or lost.
    For me this is bad because I keep all my "keeper" stuff like devices, becomes, heal potions, and saved items.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Items:

• The Drifter store now has Armadillo costume pieces for sale.

]

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! SO MUCH YES FOR ARMADILLO PIECES

You guys need to add(back) more Costume Pieces in Drifter store!! :biggrin: like Cursed/Scrouge Eyes huh *Wink Wink Nudge Nudge* :wink:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited November 2013
    avianos wrote: »
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! SO MUCH YES FOR ARMADILLO PIECES

You guys need to add(back) more Costume Pieces in Drifter store!! :biggrin: like Cursed/Scrouge Eyes huh *Wink Wink Nudge Nudge* :wink:

And NOT for 200 Drifter Salvage either. 30 will be fine.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its nice to see the armadillo pieces finally getting their time. Now if only we could get some more of the most asked for costume bits ingame. I'm looking at you, sleevy ribbon piece :)

As an aside, the Armadillo costume pieces don't currently have any alternate textures or materials available. having a smooth pattern for the back piece would make it ideal for costume usage.

Edit: I also can't wait to cut my teeth on the new alert. I'm really hopeful for some awesome loot for it. Maybe ice and fire themed rides?
    edited November 2013
    Organize button is a bit weird with stackable items that have real time cooldowns. I'll test some more but the results are different every time. It may be my old items from years ago.

Other than that, see you all in two weeks again.
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Fluidity: This power now grants 20/25/30% dodge (down from 30/40/50%).

Why have you not removed this power? Its now too weak to consider a sufficient block, and before it was too broken to ever go live. This power is simply a bad idea by design, does anyone do math?
    edited November 2013
    Armadillo Costume.
    Now that we got NPCVillain costumes, it would be great time for some NPCHero costumes.
    We are, supposedly, heroes after all.
    So, how about NPCDefender costume pieces....
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    Why Fluidity even exists? It's a bad idea from the beginning. And yet another reason for destroying dodge passives.

Delete this power entirely and return LR to where it was before last nerf.
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    laughinxan wrote: »
    These Fluidity changes aren't a good idea in general, it's like they are designing the block around the passive for those who don't wanna block, but problem is people who want high dodge ratings also want strong blocks in some situations. The standard block is actually better in some situations, cause it stacks with dodge, and is a guaranteed damage reduction. In pvp though block is likewise 100% useless, so fluidity has no place there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't dodging supposed to be a form of blocking? I mean it's to avoid being hit right? So if you are in a defensive mode, then dodging capacity would be increased right?

I get if you wanna be all smash in your face and you don't need a block, then find an alternative rather than a "crutch" if the power is being changed?
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't dodging supposed to be a form of blocking? I mean it's to avoid being hit right? So if you are in a defensive mode, then dodging capacity would be increased right?

I get if you wanna be all smash in your face and you don't need a block, then find an alternative rather than a "crutch" if the power is being changed?

Well, the avoidance stat is basically uber block. The reason I say this is because, if you grab Fluidity and LR and rank both up respectively (or even Fluidity R2 + FLTR) along with BCR and maintain you could practically survive anything, I'm not sure if this is the case now though.

Fluidity counts as a block for Any Sharp Object purposes and for CC effects like STUN/PARALYZE etc.

I am going to be honest here and say I am not sure how good it will be with the new change, but it cannot really be that bad...Right?
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seems like the key to making Fluidity okay is to give it some defense. Why not half the defense of a normal block? ...or would that be too much/too little? *shrugs and walks off*

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
    edited November 2013
    The problem with fluidity is that it's not blocking, it's advantage is overpowered, and the devs are trying too hard to pidgin hole it into dodge builds. There's the big issue with almost every new power since on alert, it's all heavily pidgin holed into the set. This is not CO. This is not what CO stands for. What happened to "totally freeform power selection"?
  • tidalwave082tidalwave082 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok, see this is my problem right here. I never really cared about dodge. I didn't got for it when I made a character or set up gear. Hell I even slotted in that CC resist stuff (which I hear is bugged and doesn't work at all) even though I could slot dodge. However when I made my dual blade ninja character I wanted a passive that no other of my characters were using and would be useful for a melee character, so I chose LR. And by itself on every rank I was able to survive, I never felt invincible, but never felt I was going to die easily. I had no intention to min-max it or to build around it, just wanted it there. Now, though, testing on the PTS, I barely survived a normal Tommygun encounter. Literally if I hadn't had Bola he'd have killed me, I was at a sliver of health. This is huge, I get why you wanted to balance it and need to, but you're doing it wrong.

You're way to focused around needing to build around dodge with the same powers you're killing the spirit of creation that casual players will have. The difference is so terrible that either I have to give up all my concept and theme ideas just to make dodge work or abandon it all together. With these changes it's either all or nothing, you can't just have some dodge on the side, you either hyper focus on it or it's as good as not having it. I don't know about everyone else but as a non-min-maxer, this killed it for me. I don't even know what to do with the character now to salvage my theme and concept, but I do know that how low you've dropped it to so far and it's high reliance on having to be mixed with other dodge stuff to be truly usable will likely leave a bad taste.

The problem with fluidity is that it's not blocking, it's advantage is overpowered, and the devs are trying too hard to pidgin hole it into dodge builds. There's the big issue with almost every new power since on alert, it's all heavily pidgin holed into the set. This is not CO. This is not what CO stands for. What happened to "totally freeform power selection"?
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Could we please get confirmation if the removal of the justice gear from the PTS store was intentional?
  • eatmoreseatmores Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    BUG: Quarry Audacity stacks still cap at 30 stat points instead of 20

The tooltip for Quarry states that Audacity stacks grant a maximum of 20 points to Int and Ego.
    The character sheet shows that Audacity is actually still granting the old bonus values that cap at 30 points.
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When I block, i want to mitigate a big hit.
    Maybe fluidity could have the old dodge mechanics that have an increased chance to dodge an attack based on windup time so that it would be reliable against shtick attacks.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
    edited November 2013
    When I block, i want to mitigate a big hit.
    Maybe fluidity could have the old dodge mechanics that have an increased chance to dodge an attack based on windup time so that it would be reliable against shtick attacks.

Then it would be useless against fast attacks then, The entire block itself is a load of crap. If fluidity is going to be something to take at all, it needs to be not a block. For example:

Fluidity: .67 activation time. .83 charge time. This power grants 10/12/15% dodge to the user. 20 second cooldown.

Wait a second, this sounds very similar to EM. Maybe because that's the idea. Point is. Fluidity isn't a block. Personally I'd rather have it removed and give the dodge passives back the dodge they lost in the earlier iteration.
  • lstcause101lstcause101 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not sure if anyone noticed but the advantage of fluidity stacks the block 10 times (not shown on the buff icon) which can give you 300% chance to block. So yea it can be non-dodge user friendly. It just gets awkward reapplying the buff because blocking again removes it for that 1 sec it needs to reapply. Unfortunately that's the weakness, any heavy hitting quick casts have the potential to completely decimate the blocker.

Game Suggestion Thread.
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'll be fiddling around with my dodge-offense characters some more later (and trying to improve those who incidentally used dodge, like my stormbringer character) but so far I'm not liking the numbers with R5-gemmed Heroic Gear. My Quarry characters get a 30% base dodge chance... I might be moving them to another passive altogether if R7s aren't a big enough jump. The only character with a Legion dodge piece, a Night Warrior character, gets 40% dodge chance in comparison. (one avoidance core, R5 gambler's, dodge breastplate)

Fluidity looks like a waste of time to me. When I'm on the offense I'd rather not have to take the time to get up a block. I used to do that with Force Shield + Force Sheath before I discovered the glory of MSA, and I'd really rather not have to go back to that. It's not a fun dynamic in the least, and at least with Force Shield you could just tap it and have it apply.

Oh yeah, and my ATs can't even take Fluidity. Not that I really want it, but the Marksman is going to get hurt pretty badly at the very least unless they stack Con and get the heal-on-kill advantage, which will do them no good in boss fights, team or no team. My Blade doesn't really care, she's got MD and a Necrulitic Elixir to help her live. My Specialist has the advantage on Lead Tempest to boost her dodge to acceptable levels. I can't imagine The Fist is going to be particularly happy, though.

Freeforms can just toss heals at their dodge nerf, no problem. Or take Fluidity. Or continue stacking EM and Thundering Kicks because their bonuses are still substantial.

Fluidity, in and of itself, isn't a bad idea. When the actual passives must suffer for it to be implemented, however, that's when it goes from 'ok that'll be nice to have' to 'WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!'

On the bright side, still enjoying the changes to Offense. Now building Locus actually matters, and the offense/defense specs in the trees now have true purpose.

Things Fluidity could totally do:

The Dodge Roll:
    - You take your basic block, and add in a feature where if you double tap a direction while holding your block key, your character will leap to the direction you pushed, giving them a 5 second 'fluid dodge' buff that mirrors what Fluidity does now. The roll is used to avoid targeted AoEs (like another one of your games hint hint) and to look cool. Still grants normal block resistance when being used.

The Psuedo-Passive:
    - Offer two versions of Fluidity: The Windblown Tree and the Artful Dodger.
    - Windblown Tree grants a dodge bonus while you are standing still up to a point (10%, 20%, 30%). Upon a successful dodge, you lose 1% of dodge chance down to your true passive's base. Upon being hit with an attack you don't dodge, you gain 2% of that dodge chance back. You can still normally block, and the bonus dwindles as you move and attack. The counter is use of maintains and knocks to force the Windblown Tree user to move. Windblown Tree paired with that one circle that boosts knockback resistance could be a gamebreaker, however.
    - Artful Dodger grants a dodge bonus while you are moving up to a point. While you are moving you gain the 'Hard Target' buff if you move for 3 seconds, which grants you 5%, 10% or 15% dodge chance depending on rank. This buff dwindles when you stop moving or begin attacking. When a travel power is active, for balance reasons, the Hard Target bonus is halved. The counter is roots, stuns and holds. Hard Target does not apply when you are knocked.
    - Both buffs are instantly removed by a stun or a hold... or Crippling Challenge?
    - You still receive the normal block resist bonus when you actually block.
    - Choice is important! That's why there's a 'tank' version and an 'everyone else' version! Artful Dodger, however, could make boss kiting and kiting in PvP more annoying than it already is. Such is life.

The 'Go Away Please'
    - Fluidity is removed from the game entirely and the other dodge passives are brought back to their previous levels.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How Fluidity should work...

When you first press it, it should shoot your dodge up to several times your normal amount, along with a substantial boost to avoidance. Every second you hold it your dodge and avoidance gets reduced drastically. Once you release it, the dodge/avoidance potential slowly regenerates so long as you don't use Fluidity.

So in game.... you know a big attackm or a bunch of simultaneous big attacks, is about to come at you, so you use a well timed press of Fluidity to guarantee a high-avoidance dodge against that attack or burst of attacks. Then you don't use it for a while so the dodge/avoidance bonus can regenerate. If you just hold it or spam it constantly, it's ineffective.

A unique block mechanic that would be useful for all builds, and slightly more useful for dodge/avoid focused builds (those builds would get a second or two more effectiveness when holding the power due to higher total dodge/avoid before it starts deteriorating).

Simple effective approach.

PS - no movement speed reduction like other blocks?
    edited November 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »
    The 'Go Away Please'
    - Fluidity is removed from the game entirely and the other dodge passives are brought back to their previous levels.

Please and thank you. :biggrin:
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    The 'Go Away Please'
    ^^^This. Thousand times this.

The whole Faill...err, Fluidity idea is wrong and only makes more problems than it's worth.
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Urine is also fluid. That is the only way to describe fluidity after testing it out on the pst.

Please, straight to the toilet. And give it a nice flush!

Thank you
  • gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When I'm on the offense I'd rather not have to take the time to get up a block.

And here, ladies and gentlemen, is the problem with a good amount of CO players
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't think blocking is the problem. Blocking actually helps against damage mitigation.

Fluidity? Well... it does...umm... well... Dodge. Timer thingy. That doesn't really mitigate damage... sort a does. Yeah, that's it.

But to be serious about it, i tried it out on the pst and went quickly back to the MA block i had before with better results for my build. Enough said.