test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Valkyrie Help

pein1337pein1337 Posts: 14 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Costumes and Concepts
Hello, me again, basically I've decided to create a valkyrie-like char, I was wondering if any of you guys had any ideas that you'd be willing to share?
Post edited by pein1337 on

Comments

• Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My character that was born as a Valkirie is sapphire Hawk:

SapphireHawk_zps9d91dfce.jpg

To make it more nordic I suggest trying to use the helmets from Viking warrior set. this of course if you want an armopred look.

For a "naked" look its really easy to use just a few cloth pieces, the braid hairstyle, sandals. The Arabian Nights costume set has a few pieces...

• Options
    kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There's a head piece in the Luchador costume set that I've used as pretty nice winded circlet, which works nicely for my Valkyrie.

I'm afraid I can't recall exactly what the piece is called at the moment, sorry. :frown:

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

I appreciate any suggestions whatsoever, Thank you so far. :> Still haven't really figured it out entirely yet.

I am personally looking for a slightly more norse-esque Valkyrie.
  • Options
    leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can get the Viking Warrior Costume Set here for free.

Some people have had troubles getting the code, so have a friend with a North American IP create an account for ya.
  • Options
    velis3velis3 Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I went with a more traditional look for mine. However, she's a doll so she's rather on the small side.

ValerieValkyrietitled.jpg
  • Options
    bravehoptoadbravehoptoad Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My character that was born as a Valkirie is sapphire Hawk:

I love the chain-mail look. I would have thought it would just look like thermal undewear, but with the color you've got it looks great.

I just got my free Viking set yesterday, so those Alienware codes are still working.
  • Options
    leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just got my free Viking set yesterday, so those Alienware codes are still working.

They came out when the Devastator AT did in 3rd quarter of 2011. They have 10,000 codes at a time. Seen them restock three times in 2012, so no worries of them running out. Gotta share the swag, right? :biggrin:
  • Options
    oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    While it might be tempting to use a lot of Viking set pieces, stick some wings on her back and call it a day, you can achieve more by mixing things up a bit. The Epic Samurai set, Ancient Armor set, Qliphothic set and Fantasy set pieces can all work well with the Viking set. You could even add some steelwing or bird people pieces.

Oh yeah, and if you're into the norse look, you might want to just avoid wings. Angels have wings. Valkyries ride flying horses.

Here's what I came up with:
    74e3da93-7995-4c0d-bc8e-3938b7b22091_zps6e7a575b.jpg