test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How can we make ppl queue Hero Games Zombie Apocalypse?

monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
I want [King Of the Zombies] perks and get this fancy cute AF.
Skeleton_Boy_Action_Figure.png
How can I make ppl queue for more Hero Games Zombie Apocalypse? :3
Post edited by monaahiru on

Comments

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bribe them, it's the only way.
    Since the bribes got taken away from hero games, less people are interested in doing them. Which means that the people who were being farmed before are not doing it anymore.

See how many people you can get together in the PvP group and try spamming it

Or alternatively
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=88598
    post 3 has a suggestion
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You're SOL even if you manage to kill 10,000 zombie players. Getting the perk merely allows you to purchase the AF from the vendor list. That vendor no longer exists in game.

Have fun.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nobody wants to fight zombies... they're all busy fighting zombies.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Easy.

Just wait a little longer for the dodge nerf to hit live. That should raise the average number of people joining the queue by 1.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited November 2013
    Easy.

Just wait a little longer for the dodge nerf to hit live. That should raise the average number of people joining the queue by 1.

I dunno... do you have some screen shots of the hero games que interface to convince me of your claims? u3u
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think a lot of players don't even know about the queues or how to get onto them.
    Shame about the AF, that sure is a cute one!
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm burned out on Zombie movies, TV shows, Video games, ect.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You really can't make people queue for pvp, you can try to entice them to queue up. But given the current reputation and state of pvp in this game I think it will take more then an AF to entice a large enough portion of players.
    edited November 2013
    It's like...

like....

Hey naked men! See this prison shower room? Wanna go into it while wearing a blindfold? :D
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Give us back the rewards we were promised when free to play went live.

It's disgusting how much neglect and outright abuse that chunk of the game has received from the devs. We *actively* had all of our rewards stripped and never returned.

I love it, we're getting a nerf that might make my main pve playstyle totally invalid, and the backup that'd keep me playing couldn't get a drop of dev attention if we literally offered a million dollars to make it happen.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The key things to making people queue for PvP would be to make a lame-at-pvp-friendly pvp queue and a good-at-pvp queue and make sure the people appropriate to each never fight each other. Also make sure the best gear isn't awarded for winning but for participating so the newbs feel like they have a chance, (even if they really don't, the important thing is they have to believe they do or they'll never try). Give exclusive perks and AFs and costumes for winning.

No game that I know of has managed to accomplish this.

Some try level-based but then skill and gear still allow the best to farm and grief the people who are still learning (back when I played wow I myself was guilty of this with multiple low-level [10-25] alts that had things like the fishing hat and other "unfair" gear with max-level enchants on them).

Some try ladders and the top players make new accounts to hide their skill so they can farm the newbs, and the people at the top often collude to pass around the title so they can all get the rewards.

Some try gear-based restrictions but I've only ever seen those in games were gear is less important than build and skill.

I have no idea how to make it work here. My best recommendation would be something like STO's pvp training group where they take lots of newbs and teach them to PVP in a non-aggressive non-griefing environment.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    Taco... I don't think the nerf will make the hybrid playstyle COMPLETELY invalid. but you will likely need a defensive passive to survive as well as you did before. :mad::mad:

If I'm using a defensive passive, I'm a tank. I build for duels, so I've got crippling challenge, offensive, and defensive clickies. By the very act of switching my passive, I've removed any feel of hybrid I had, as well as 50% of my dps if not more. Might as well just slap challenging strikes on something and call it a day, since I'm sure as hell not putting out any good dps for my efforts.

8 of my 12 40s are built like this. Ironically, another one is a dodge tank which will see a huge nerf as well. Chern's got 5 self heals and 2 active defenses, and con as a super stat. If I can't tank with that setup at least for a little while, this system is flawed. And the little bit of testing I did a few days ago is showing that to be the case.

Sure glad I spent 40 bucks unlocking boxes recently to get my legion avoidance gear. At least it's bound to a character that's about to have no use for it.

Yet, 2 gun mojo still puts out more dps than anything else by a factor of 10. Balance my ****.

I'm holding out hope that things will be softened a little, but one direct effect I see of the dodge nerf is the complete murder of pvp. Dodge stacking let people bring more than just 2 gun mojo to the party. After it? Well, I remember when everyone was permastealth because it was the only way to survive. I can't imagine we're not going to go right back to that, and screw a bunch of that.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited November 2013
    Oh cool, are we going to fill another thread with exaggerated complaints? :D
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Simple, slow down with the bigotry in COPVP channel and people might q for stuff. Most normal people look at that channel and think I am so staying out of this nonsense.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited November 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Simple, slow down with the bigotry in COPVP channel and people might q for stuff. Most normal people look at that channel and think I am so staying out of this nonsense.

If they can't make the distinction between the COPVP channel and the hero games que, then I don't want them in my anything u3u
    edited November 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    If they can't make the distinction between the COPVP channel and the hero games que, then I don't want them in my anything u3u

Its a great Channel with great people, I tend to find PvPers have a lot knowledge that will even help even the most hardnut carebear.
    Theres 3 or 4 people that pop up rarely with some really nasty stuff that paints all the good guys with the wrong brush.

Though of late Spectre and AE have been trying to clean things up.

People know that COPVP is a thing and is the first stop for many that want to try out PvP. I know thats what I did.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm FLABBERGASTED that PvP never got questionite rewards.

When On Alert dropped, I just assumed they didn't have it quite ready and PvP rewards would follow in a month or two.

I ... what the hell, Cryptic?!?

I used to play zombie a lot because I find the premise funny, cool, and it runs pretty fast. I didn't do it for any significant reward, and hardcore PvP types could defeat me easily. But hey, zombies!

Sigh. Yet another thing Cryptic ruined.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I stopped PvP in CO with the rise of the one-shot sniper crit builds. The only way I'm going to que for hero games is if someone asks me while I'm standing around in game or when skill actually matters.

Considering PvPers tend to be more loyal to a game than casual players, it's a damn shame Cryptic isn't at least giving some non-garbage rewards for PvP. How hard is it to have a daily Q quest or throw people a few hundred Q for playing in a hero game match?
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mjnTJnV.png
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    I want [King Of the Zombies] perks and get this fancy cute AF.
    Skeleton_Boy_Action_Figure.png
    How can I make ppl queue for more Hero Games Zombie Apocalypse? :3

Have you tried taking hostages?
    Because brandishing a home-made Flame-thrower at some of their more popular, and flammable, relatives might work................

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Have you tried taking hostages?
    Because brandishing a home-made Flame-thrower at some of their more popular, and flammable, relatives might work................

I'm spamming "Queue ZA !" in COPvP/Zone chat often. :biggrin:
    edited November 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    I'm spamming "Queue ZA !" in COPvP/Zone chat often. :biggrin:

Unfortunately we all know this :D
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I stopped PvP, ZA after hearing too many conversations in Zone with PvP's saying they needed more new people in to farm because they were sick of killing the same people over and over.
    Too many obnoxious people in zone whining and complaining during matches. Usually one sided because the other person has remembered to use local.

Due to some of the PvP people before on alert (and some of the newer ones after) PvP people have a bad reputation.
    rewards
    Shev said it best in one of their posts
    'we need a new area with the best gear in the game in it. SO that people will want to go there."
    If you have to bribe them in, they aren't going for the game, they are going for the reward.
    Same as the person who advertised a CC and then had people team up "to prove their costume was the best" by doing team PvP. That doesn't help.
    ----
    having said that.
    YES a training area or an untimed area. So people can advertise for training or practice runs or friendly matches.
    Fix the BLOODY queue.

The reward list- 2 items is stupid
    Put in some Af's, weapon skins- we have plenty not used anymore(you want the harquebus, you work for it) PvP specific costumes(not obtainable any other way)

NOT 4 slot gear, thats trying to go back to what was before On alert. PvP groups farming the other players.
    Q rewards, lets see what happened in Rift with opposed side PvP with a Q equivalent reward.
    OH yes, 2 groups would go in together and take turns winning. One would do nothing while the other captured points. Reque and repeat.
    This went on for a week before the reward got dropped to 10% of what it was.

sorry but I can see that happening at even 100Q per match especially if it's for taking part. Alerts you have to WIN to get the reward and you are limited to how many times a day you can get it..
    er, I'm casual. I only play in my spare time. I also usually only play one game at a time. I have been playing CO now for just over 2 years.
    Damn another wall of text. sorry ranting again. going to go do cleaning now
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited November 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    The reward list- 2 items is stupid

OMG I must agree this.

I'm working for few perks and single AF.
    Sadly there are very few ppl to work on same thing.
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I play za for oppai rewards

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
    edited November 2013
    But we need MOE rewards. xD