test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Four New C-Store Costume Sets!

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited November 2013 in Super News Network
Champions, hope you're ready for a Halloween extravaganza: We've added four new costume sets into the C-Store!

These costume sets have a definite Halloween feel, especially the Bone Armor and Halloween Masks set. You'll find plenty of homages to famous monsters in the masks, along with intimidating bestial costume pieces -- I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

The Cardboard Armor costume set is a little more whimsical, with a paper bag mask and cobbled-together cardboard armor. Hey, not everyone has spare costumes just lying around, and it still protects your secret identity!

Finally, the Feather Armor set gives you access to a fletched mask, shoulder/kneepads and more. The set has a vibe that can be adapted to Egyptian/South American mythology, or incorporated into other styles to give an avian feel. Personally, I made a soldier in camo with the feather armor, and I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

Blog Post
C-Store

Cardboard Armor: 375 ZEN
Bone Armor Costume Set: 475 ZEN
Feather Armor Costume Set: 475 ZEN
Halloween Masks/Helmets: 475 ZEN
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Awesome, TT!
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    2rc0ebb.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So... you starve us for months without any sets... and then out of a sudden you give us... 4!! YESSSSSS!!!

I am so putting my wallet where my mouth is and already bought the Feather one, had a fantastic bracer and chest piece.

Thanks a lot for listening Cryptic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG YES :D

That cardboard one is utterly amazing!!! I know what I'm getting next.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP KABUKI MASKS THANK YOU!!!
  • amarillonmcamarillonmc Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yay for Danbooru(cardbox) armor!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...the ultimate Contrast Moe (or not).
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    omg, omg, omg, OMG!

C-Store direct packs! YES!

My wallet now hates you guys, TT, but I'm literally jumping up and down in my chair right now. :biggrin:
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    YES YES YES!! ALL of the yes! Thank you and I loves you!

Rose_sig.png
  • blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The website and launcher store don't seem to be working, when I select something to buy, it says that my zen balance is 0, when it's not :rolleyes:.

I'll throw it here, in the hopes of seeing it fixed. Thanks!
    I'm the ruler of the fire power.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2013
    blazer2001 wrote: »
    The website and launcher store don't seem to be working, when I select something to buy, it says that my zen balance is 0, when it's not :rolleyes:.

I'll throw it here, in the hopes of seeing it fixed. Thanks!

Hmm... have you transferred the ZEN in-game, by chance?
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for your answer :).

No, I bought them through the website some time ago. Is there some kind of known issue?
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for your answer :).

No, I bought them through the website some time ago. Is there some kind of known issue?

Did you transfer it to Champs?

After you buy Zen, it goes to your wallet thing. The bar up top, hover over 'CHARGE ZEN' and click on 'My Wallet'.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited October 2013
    Yes, it was transfered to Champions, the C-Store tells me I've got 2900 zen on my account, but it won't allow me to buy anything. I'll try to buy inside the game later today, maybe the problem is with the website C-Store.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes, it was transfered to Champions, the C-Store tells me I've got 2900 zen on my account, but it won't allow me to buy anything. I'll try to buy inside the game later today, maybe the problem is with the website C-Store.

Yeah, sounds likely. The website sometimes doesn't agree with different browsers. I've had it flat out refuse connection a couple of times on Firefox.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not seeing the usual screenshot preview tab for these. Still, very glad these are here.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sekimen wrote: »
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG YES :D

That cardboard one is utterly amazing!!! I know what I'm getting next.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP KABUKI MASKS THANK YOU!!!

I adore the cardboard armor.

And to Cryptic a huge thank you for putting these straight into the C-Store!
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Let me say this- none of the costume sets really appeal to me or my interests.

But because someone wised the hell up and put them in the C-Store?

I just purchased all four sets.

Keep it up.
  • gfnotaku1gfnotaku1 Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And so Cryptic, after many moons of lockboxing costume sets, released 4 new ones to the C-store.

And there was much rejoicing
    much-rejoicing-o.gif
    This post is brought to you by:
    Villain-Mart, the only shopping franchise that caters to that diabolic need. This week at Villain-Mart, save 2 dollars on smoke machines when you shop with your CrimeCard and get buy-one-get-one-free on henchmen and scientists. Villain-Mart! You might be criminal, but our prices aren't!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2013
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    Not seeing the usual screenshot preview tab for these. Still, very glad these are here.

They're up now. :smile:

I adore the cardboard armor.

Glad you like it!
  • leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am Cardboard Man.

cue Ozzy

Um, Ozzy? Guess that's a no then.
  • kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Woot!

Moar costumes!

Thanks for that. Of course I had to buy all four because I have every other purchasable costume piece unlocked. :D

Keep up the good work!
    edited October 2013
    They're up now. :smile:

Hmm...I'd argue that the screeshots for masks should show the full set rather than just two. Still, not complaining about Z Store costumes.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Okay, now I need the mask set because the one with the spiderweb over the eye works for Arachnid. And I need the bone armor because colored correctly, that's the Inverted Man, who had a horrible accident with a teleporter. And I need the cardboard set, because come on, everybody needs the cardboard set!

(I finally grinded (ground?) enough Zen to get the Squall and Tornado Flight, so I created Sharknado. In the tutorial, I ran across the first Cardboard Armor toon I'd seen, DIY Man. And that right there is one of the big reasons I love CO.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm already pondering a Doctor Doom parody with the cardboard set...
  • sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't even know what these are yet.

But the fact that they're directly buyable in the C-store, not from lockboxes, and that there's more than one?

I'm going to buy them now.

(Cybersoldier1981 said it better)

Edit: I looked, I'd buy them on their own merits even.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.

Huzzah!!!

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • sparhawksparhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Kudos, we finally have more costumes in the C-Store!
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks but I wish for old things coming back also.
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Looking at the mask set, I think someone was watching 13 Ghosts recently ^^

In game as @forgemccain
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Also, that one pattern called Cinco De Mayo should be called Dia de Muertos

In game as @forgemccain
  • shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    z0mg! New costume sets... not in lockboxes, but IN THE C-STORE!

Wow, Radioscience wasn't lying. We might actually be on the road for meatier content. I can't remember the last time I thought that way.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
    edited October 2013
    Also, that one pattern called Cinco De Mayo should be called Dia de Muertos

Ouch, that's a bit of a cultural gaffe there.

-Sterga
  • orrynnorrynn Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow..just wow is all I have to say. This news has made my day. Now what set to get first. Ooh who am I kidden I will be getting all four once I get home
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think I know where some of my recently gotten birthday money will be spent...
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just bought them all!

I Pokemon out on costume sets...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • spiderdude4spiderdude4 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Great job Cryptic! Perfect for the Scary Season!

I love what you did with the face masks, however the metal material version only has one pattern. That and hoods/hats can't be used due to their positions in head wear.

I'm not complaining though, this is a very welcome update.

Keep up the good work! :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Hope1 ingame. PRIMUS Database Characters
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    While I am quite pleased that there are 4 sets being released, of which I plan to purchase all of, I would like to take a momment to point out a few things just because this seems a good place to do so.

Bug: Chrome users still plagued by graphical loading errors on all Cryptic Websites.
    Error: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request)
    Reproduction: Use website with Chrome.

Cardboard Armor:
    Bug: Left Shoulder on Chest Layer Cardboard clips into Chest Armor on Male Default Body Type(aka before anything else is added).
    Bug/Design Error: Shoulders are not Shoulder Pads but are built into Chest Armor. Seperation Requested.
    Bug: Default Cardboard Feet Material listed as ??? but Cloth, Leather, and Metal do work.
    Note: Arm Acc Cardboard Color 2 does nothing.
    Note: Leg Acc Cardboard Color 2 does nothing.

Bone Armor:
    Bug: Default Bone Armor Feet Material listed as ??? but Cloth, Leather, and Metal do work..
    Bug: Chest Layer Armor Bone Colors 3 and 4 do nothing.
    Bug: Arm Acc Armor Bone Colors 3 and 4 do nothing.
    Bug: Bracers Armor Bone Color 4 does nothing.
    Bug: Hips Layer Colors 3 and 4 do nothing.
    Bug: Leg Acc Armor Bone Colors 3 and 4 do nothing.
    Bug: Feet Armor Bone Color 4 does nothing.

Feather Armor:
    No issues found.

Halloween Mask Pack:
    Bug: Kabuki Mask Texture "Cinco De Mayo" should be renamed "El Dia De Los Muertos" (previously mentioned by other posters).
    Bug: Plague Mask Color 4 does nothing. Suggest applying it to strap color.
    Bug: Head Cage Colors 3 and 4 do nothing.
    Bug: Head Spikes Colors 3 and 4 do nothing.
    Bug: Mouth Acc Dino Skull Color 2 and 4 have Glow Options but don't seem to color anything.

Ok, so yay we got 4 Z-Store options(sincerely yay). There appears to be the need to do some fine tuning on these though before they are up to par(PTS Testing might have provided this information before it went Live, just sayin). Overall, keep up the good work and Z-Store support. :biggrin:

Note: All testing done with Default Male in Creator.
    Edit: File Error on my end. List is being updated now that I have corrected the issue.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Groovy stuff!

"I feel like I live in an armor made of cardboard. Always taking care not to break something..."
  • hidingcathidingcat Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    All I can say is yay! Finally some costume love in the C-Store. Also thanks for posting the bugs, crosschan.
  • outofworkeroutofworker Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    thanks Cryptic North!
    on my way to purchasing all four and I'm using real cash money to do so. I hope this show of support is very profitable for you.

(and know that if it isn't as profitable as gamble boxes, its worth an amazing amount in goodwill)

Thank you again.
    ~ Life is too short to take seriously ~
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    crosschan wrote: »
    While I am quite pleased that there are 4 sets being released, of which I plan to purchase all of, I would like to take a momment to point out a few things just because this seems a good place to do so.

Bug: Chrome users still plagued by graphical loading errors on all Cryptic Websites.
    Error: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request)
    Reproduction: Use website with Chrome.

<snip>
    Cookies and cache my friend. At least clear the cache. I've used chrome on about 4 computers in a bunch of places and never seen this error. Try a browser troubleshoot? They pop right up for me, like they always have.
    [color]Ok, so yay we got 4 Z-Store options(sincerely yay). There appears to be the need to do some fine tuning on these though before they are up to par(PTS Testing might have provided this information before it went Live, just sayin). I did not find this "Cinco de Mayo" option others have mentioned. Also, a parts list in the Z-Store listings would have made this much easier since I am guessing that the Head Cage, Head Spikes, and Plague Mask are part of the Halloween Masks Pack. Overall, keep up the good work and Z-Store support. :biggrin:

Note: All testing done with Default Male in Creator.

Thanks for the other bug feedback :D

I just wanna add to the masses and say that while I have to wait until next Thursday to buy em? I will buy every single one of these. Not just because I wanted z-store and you provided, but because I honestly love each and every one of em. BOXFAT CAN NOW EXIST AS ORIGINALLY ENVISIONED! :D
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok, I had a minor file error in CO and after checking with others decided to redo my bug list(it's much shorter now). :biggrin:

Taco, there is a thread here with better data on the Chrome thing in the bug forums. I have been through the steps you mentioned with no positive results(I run it on the home and office PCs).
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    costume sets in the c store? purchased all of em. glad to finally do business with you, lets do it again. especially happy for the masks. i always liked the carnival of shadows/light and while they arent that fancy, this helps me a lot with costumes. liked the plague doctor masks too. especially liking the one pattern that reminds me of the Mexican day of the dead masks, might have a concept for that one.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    More clipping/stance bugs from the new (otherwise awesome) set from the Feather set:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpj82etxbwsscp8/Feathertop1.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ui7jeba459pdm6/Feathertop2.jpg

This is the Default Female model in Vixen stance, just recolored to make it more visible (white is the outfit underneath, black is the Feathertop Chestwear piece).

Notice the white bits sticking out on the character's right hand side near where the arm is? Yeah, that's kinda ugly and very visible.

Someone needs to make the top a bit bigger so it doesn't clip into the female body underneath.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wheeee! 4 new costume sets to purchase directly from the C-Store! :biggrin: Thank you for listening!

Bone armor and the mask set look very appealing, if nothing else just for the pieces to be used in other costumes.

What's next, a second new pack of emotes? :tongue:
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All four sets purchased with enthusiasm.

Unfortunately now I just want more. :)
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not bought them all yet, but I will definitely get them all....thanks for putting these in the C-store where they belong:biggrin: Now we just need the bugs on them fixed :wink:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    :redface: I heard feather costume and got an immediate mental picture of someone doing a fan dance. big feather fan,....not much else

unfortunately I then thought of some of the characters I have seen, wearing it......*shudder*
    and a thank you to whoever thought to put the little boxes, around LIVE and PUBLIC TEST on the launcher. theya re a lot easier to see now
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I really don't mind em clipping through stuff. it just makes it possible to create even more interesting looks :biggrin: Am poor as hell right now but am sure I will get those costume packs! Halloween masks for first I think, I like the cage-helmet XD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • melphon1melphon1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Pretty pretty please can we get the Kabuki masks copy/pasted into the Eye Accessory category?

I don't care about clipping (and it seems like you're being less bothered too, if the use of the Dino Mask bits is anything to go by!) and I really want to use the Kabuki masks with other bits, hoods especially!