test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Halloween Bloodmoon Now Live

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2013 in Super News Network
Red sky at night, zombie's delight! The special Halloween version of Bloodmoon is now live, with bonus rewards and a fight against Takofanes the Undying himself! Can you survive the onslaught of his undead minions, including the trapped souls of heroes who died during the Battle of Detroit?

Start time: Thursday 10/24, 11:30 AM PDT
End time: Monday 11/4, 11:00 AM PDT

Read the blog here...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xen0biaxen0bia Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is the 'Lordly Takofanes' AF an entirely new figure or is it the same as previous years?
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    xen0bia wrote: »
    Is the 'Lordly Takofanes' AF an entirely new figure or is it the same as previous years?

The Lordly one is from the Lockbox. It's just Tako sitting there on a chair, being bored.

I prefer the dino costume one.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Prepare for Lag Spikes, cause everyone is going to clusterf**k it like they did Mega D event, and ping is going to spike. >.-.>
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I haven't noticed any issues - and usually I'm the first to lag. I recommend going into your HUD settings and turning off the ability to display the names of the other players, though. The nameplates seem to eat up a lot of the available processing power of your system, and if you're running on an outdated laptop like I am, well...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited October 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    I haven't noticed any issues - and usually I'm the first to lag. I recommend going into your HUD settings and turning off the ability to display the names of the other players, though. The nameplates seem to eat up a lot of the available processing power of your system, and if you're running on an outdated laptop like I am, well...

Well thanks for the suggestion, might try it... if I get a chance to participate in one of these events, also, it's not so much performance as it is distance, living in Australia and getting 300ping is just playable, but these things make me hit 400 and goes from bearable to unpleasant.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    edited October 2013
    And it's Spiking around 400... why me.

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is there anything new in this Halloween Bloodmoon or is the same stuff I've already collected over and over again these last couple of years? Not trying to bash/complain, just wondering if it's worth logging in again to play (ie if there's something new to get), or not.
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is there anything new in this Halloween Bloodmoon or is the same stuff I've already collected over and over again these last couple of years? Not trying to bash/complain, just wondering if it's worth logging in again to play (ie if there's something new to get), or not.

Same stuff excluding the tradeable stuff that's in the new lockboxes.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same stuff excluding the tradeable stuff that's in the new lockboxes.
    Got it. Thank you.
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.