test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20131024.2 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 6pm Pacific time, 10/29/2013

You can find release notes for previous unreleased PTS patches by using the link(s) below:
FC.31.20131024.1

Release Notes:

Preview:

• Rampage: Fire And Ice:
    • The mission will now reset itself for another try if the players wipe.

• Fixed a bug that caused Kenina's resistance to grow over time.

• Separated Kenina and Frosticus' "special mechanic" attacks into cycling phases.

• Frosticus' Frozen Spires now preferentially target players at close range.

• Frosticus' Frozen Spires now have a duration of 15 seconds instead of 10.

• Kenina's Flaming Prison now preferentially targets players at medium or long range.

• When Kenina's Flaming Prison is detonated, it now wipes players in a 25 foot radius, instead of the entire map.
  • This is unfinished work with placeholders for loot, cutscenes, and supporting text. We're mainly looking for feedback on the fight itself.

Items:

• Recognition tokens that are dropped on the ground now have a unique appearance and will be automatically picked when you walk over them.

• You can now store Drifter Salvage in your Account Bank.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lordgar wrote: »

Thank you!
  • shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Fixed a bug that caused Kenina's resistance to grow over time.
    So that's why she was taking forever to take down.
    When Kenina's Flaming Prison is detonated, it now wipes players in a 25 foot radius, instead of the entire map.
    Not sure if that 25 foot radius is simply everything inside the ring or is an additional 25 foot outside the ring, but either way Fire & Ice just became reasonable.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Items:

• Recognition tokens that are dropped on the ground now have a unique appearance and will be automatically picked when you walk over them.

Awesome ^_^

I knew all reports of 'this can't be done' were grossly premature

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
    edited October 2013
    [*]When Kenina's Flaming Prison is detonated, it now wipes players in a 25 foot radius, instead of the entire map.
    [/LIST]

So it's -intended- to wipe people? >.>

In game as @forgemccain
  • radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So it's -intended- to wipe people? >.>

Ahem, sorry. Should read:

It now "deals damage" to players in a 25 foot radius
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Hold the phone, do you mean it deals 100% (essentially a player wipe when I say that) damage or do you mean it now deals damage thaty doesn't autokill everything and their mother?

Also, if it does deal damage that doesn't autokill, can it be percentage damage based on the player's total hp pool (and also ignores all forms of resistance) instead of some stupid high number like Gravitar bubbles thats easily mitigated by tanks into oblivion?
    edited October 2013

You mean "deals enough damage to one shot even the supposedly-unkillable". :tongue:

Or did the damage get reduced?

EDIT: For those who haven't tried it yet, it's 80K damage.
  • radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You mean "deals enough damage to one shot even the supposedly-unkillable". :tongue:

The only thing that changed about the damage Flaming Prison deals is who gets hit by it.
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited October 2013

80k damage that ignores all resistance and is undodgeable!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2013
    It's worth remembering that one of our goals with this particular piece of content was to build a combat that rewards skill, strategy and communication. While this will certainly be dangerous with rookies, for veteran players, mechanics like this will make for attentive, dynamic gameplay.

Tank 'n' spank is all well and good, but as a P&P D&D fan myself, I know that players can't spend the entire encounter in their comfort zone. This kind of mechanic makes for more dynamic gameplay, because you can't just act, you have to react as well.

My two cents about this fight, take it as you will. :smile:

-TrailTurtle
    edited October 2013

SO autowipe.

I don't know that seems... unfair somehow..

BTW Radio, is there any change to keep pets from triggering it?

In game as @forgemccain
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    With all the place holders going on, I can't wait to see what you guys intend to do with these two characters. Hopefully the before and after is a bit more interesting than just dialogue.

And you cannot know how happy I am that Drifter Salvage can be put into the account bank and the recogs no longer take time to pick up. I just hope that the Drifter Salvage is tightly fit into the bank window so that it doesn't unnecessarily stretch it into more convoluted levels.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Any chance that the martinez will acquire a weapon slot to match the 55c?

XS
    [NbK]XStorm
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited October 2013

It's not undodgeable. You can dodge it and take...

75k...LOL
    edited October 2013
    [*]You can now store Drifter Salvage in your Account Bank.

Whoever made this possible.

I love you so much.
    edited October 2013

Basically damage from Flaming Prison is still a spicy 80k JUAN SHOT. Buuuut. Basically you do not touch it. Like Ever. At All. And you'll be fine.

When it detonates, anything inside the prison and in a 25ft blast radius will be consumed.
    edited October 2013
    It's worth remembering that one of our goals with this particular piece of content was to build a combat that rewards skill, strategy and communication. While this will certainly be dangerous with rookies, for veteran players, mechanics like this will make for attentive, dynamic gameplay.

Tank 'n' spank is all well and good, but as a P&P D&D fan myself, I know that players can't spend the entire encounter in their comfort zone. This kind of mechanic makes for more dynamic gameplay, because you can't just act, you have to react as well.

-TrailTurtle

I am sure I'll enjoy this fight on my healer and some of my tougher HP and defense wise toons, but I am not so sure about others.

I just hope that players are able to form teams and join the alert (unlike LIVE where Gravitar kicks you out if you are in a team) so it can run smoothly.

Aside from the insta kills from Kenina and Frosty, it's actually a pretty great fight, you can never be too sure since the environment itself can own you. :wink:
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Items:

Fantastic!

[Waits patiently for Lifetimer update too.]

It's a good day.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ... Can I still say it?

b89.gif
    KISS ME.
  • frankendreadzfrankendreadz Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    just like to point out that the lifetimer unlocks mentioned in the previous patch update, have not worked with my account
    any ideas? or is this a known bug
    TiA
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited October 2013

-TrailTurtle

Tank and Spank is why most content here is relatively easy for the more skillful player.

You're basically asking for the average skill level to rise without any cause. We don't have xp debt - players naturally learn to avoid death and play better when xp debt is involved. People here level being taught that defeat doesn't matter as long as you get the job done.

Look at how often people get locked out of the custom alerts.

I like the concept of a scenario where you use your interaction with bosses to have them attack each other.

I don't like the concept that one lesser skilled player can guarantee failure.

Basically you just end up creating content exclusive to the best players, further bolstering a sense of elitism. We don't have that many "elite" players left.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited October 2013

This is a great step forward in terms of quality of life in game, be great to consolidate all those odd drifter amounts together.

If possible, could a second tab be added to the hideout bank [Currencies] in a similar fashion as used in the Inventory bag. If this is possible it would allow further space to add other currencies for consolidation - e.g Recognitions , Questionite etc. It would also align the portable inventory window design with the hideout bank design and be intuitive for players moving from one system to the other.

Also like frankendreadz above i do not see any LTS unlocks on PTS
  • lstcause101lstcause101 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    From what i've read i like might like of the changes, not sure till i've tested them out.

The deposit and withdraw all function in the account bank is much appreciated as is the ability to transfer drifter salvage is as well, i have so much spread out from the mechassassin event.

As for the fire prison the detonation could be a bit more specific. Is it 25 from the center of the prison. 25 around the person who triggered the detonation or 25 around the prison? either way still better than the entire zone.

As for the reset, i give a resounding yes. We could have a good group but we had a minor hiccup, and considering you cant guarantee a 10 man premade...yet?!?! I think this is a good feature.

Check out the Community-Designed Hero, my Costume Gallery and my
    Game Suggestion Thread.
  • toooldforthistoooldforthis Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm going to reserve judgment on the changes until I have a chance to play F&I again.

However, as of now the rampage isn't showing up in the PTS menu on any of my characters. :)
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    secksegai wrote: »
    Tank and Spank is why most content here is relatively easy for the more skillful player.

You're basically asking for the average skill level to rise without any cause. We don't have xp debt - players naturally learn to avoid death and play better when xp debt is involved. People here level being taught that defeat doesn't matter as long as you get the job done.

Look at how often people get locked out of the custom alerts.

I like the concept of a scenario where you use your interaction with bosses to have them attack each other.

I don't like the concept that one lesser skilled player can guarantee failure.

Basically you just end up creating content exclusive to the best players, further bolstering a sense of elitism. We don't have that many "elite" players left.

Unless you've got all 10 people in the alert within hugging distance, I don't think these things will cause a full wipe.

You know what's going to happen with this encounter? Same thing that always happens. New players that aren't familiar with it are going to say it's impossible, and a week later, those same people will have learned what to do and what not to do, and they'll be running the Rampage just fine.

It doesn't take "elite" to know not to move into the fire cage.

I can count on zero hands how many times I've been inside one of Gravitar's death bubbles and some guy decides to go inside of it.

I think it'll be fine.
    biffsig.jpg
  • ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can count on zero hands how many times I've been inside one of Gravitar's death bubbles and some guy decides to go inside of it.

I...I like to walk into death bubbles...Because it hurts so good...

♫ ~ You take my pride
    And throw it up against the wall
    You take me in your arms baby
    And bounce me like a rubber ball

I ain't complaining
    What you're doing you see
    'Cos this hurting feeling is
    Oh so good for me

>Removed for Balance<

You take my name
    And you scandalize it in the street
    Oh anything you wanna do
    I say it's alright by me

Then you turned me around
    And check my masculinity
    So let me tell you
    You sure look good to me

'Cos baby
    These things you're doing believe
    They hurt so bad
    But it's worth all the misery

Don't you know that it's hurts so good
    Hurts so good ~♫

Oh that nostalgia doth hurt my soul...and I don't care if it bleeds..

Oh, right..pts bug reports...uhh..hmm....
    Removing high ranked mods from justice gear still isn't capped at 8k questionite! :D?

Oh, and this talk of coordination and such...does that mean we will get access to the 'raid' window for our own personal uses? Or will we just have to get lucky when 3 random teams of 5, 3 fractionated teams and 5 soloers all queue for the alert..

On second thought..giving us access to the 'raid' window will alienate those deemed 'lesser'...
  • falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ...BTW Radio, is there any change to keep pets from triggering it?

This is a big one in my opinion. I don't think pets should trigger the fire AoE either. It's not like we have control over them in the slightest aside from whether they're summoned. My support/dps character uses pets as a major source of fire and forget damage, not being able to use them would greatly lower her usefulness in the Fire and Ice fight.

And since I missed the last playtest, what does the fire cage look like? If there are many graphical effects on screen does the effect not render at all as in previous incarnations?

EDIT: Oh and since the fire cage mechanic is totally trollable will we FINALLY be able to queue 10 players at once?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I love the idea of a tough fight with more challenge than what we have now. Especially if it requires teamplay.

To go along with this, it would be great if the team-kicking bug got fixed so that if you make a team with friends and sg-mates to queue up for the encounter it doesn't auto-kick everyone.

Since a shot at success requires a bit more coordination, would be awesome to enable coordination prior to q-ing up. So helping 10 people q together and fixing the auto-kick bug.
    edited October 2013
    Unless you've got all 10 people in the alert within hugging distance, I don't think these things will cause a full wipe.

You know what's going to happen with this encounter? Same thing that always happens. New players that aren't familiar with it are going to say it's impossible, and a week later, those same people will have learned what to do and what not to do, and they'll be running the Rampage just fine.

It doesn't take "elite" to know not to move into the fire cage.

I think it'll be fine.

The people who bother to learn an alert aren't the ones who call it impossible, that alone is what separates the wheat from the chaff.

Every time people found ways to streamline Grav, they were nerfed because apparently using your head and knowledge of in game mechanics is bypassing challenge when every fight is just a variation of a tank and spank.

If we look at Grav now, there's very little interest, and the majority of the handles that do show are the same. The people I used to see run it months ago don't bother, and I myself only do because its a little more enjoyable than constantly seeing loading screens during my usual q farm.

Though speaking of times you've been inside Grav, I don't recall ever seeing you in there, though I'm sure you frequented it more when it was actually popular.

But just like in Grav, if one wants to intentionally cause a fail, all one has to do is get targeted by the locking on bubble then jump on top of a group last minute to get them held and destroyed by the yellow bubble of DOOM.

People can abuse team wipe mechanics, one can't assume that people's desire to succeed will trump causing someone else to fail.
    edited October 2013
    The people who bother to learn an alert aren't the ones who call it impossible, that alone is what separates the wheat from the chaff.

You're kinda misrepresenting what I said. I never said it's the "people who bother to learn it" who will complain. I said, plainly, it's the new players that aren't familiar with the alert that are going to complain. The people that haven't been on PTS. The ones who haven't put in any effort and are just expecting a win.
    Every time people found ways to streamline Grav, they were nerfed because apparently using your head and knowledge of in game mechanics is bypassing challenge when every fight is just a variation of a tank and spank.

If we look at Grav now, there's very little interest, and the majority of the handles that do show are the same. The people I used to see run it months ago don't bother, and I myself only do because its a little more enjoyable than constantly seeing loading screens during my usual q farm.

Though speaking of times you've been inside Grav, I don't recall ever seeing you in there, though I'm sure you frequented it more when it was actually popular.

But just like in Grav, if one wants to intentionally cause a fail, all one has to do is get targeted by the locking on bubble then jump on top of a group last minute to get them held and destroyed by the yellow bubble of DOOM.

People can abuse team wipe mechanics, one can't assume that people's desire to succeed will trump causing someone else to fail.

I ran it mainly around the beginning of 2013. I don't have a schedule handy of all the times I ran it, but would often answer the ever-present "QUEUE GRAV PLZ" calls all throughout this year, off and on. I don't actually have any numbers of when it was popular or it wasn't.

Do you have examples of this "Hey, they found out how to beat Gravitar, let's nerf 'em!" situation? That seems like a bit of a stretch, considering all the time we went without developer attention.

And yes, anyone can intentionally cause a group fail, but how often do you see that happening? In lairs? In alerts? In rampages? Do you honestly see that so much in your gameplay that it's really an issue for you? Or are you just taking a game mechanic that could be troublesome and twist it in the worst way possible?

Personally, the very worst I've seen, is the Alert leechers, and that was maybe one run out of 80. Hardly anything to make a big splash about, I think. I have never, once, had an Alert, Gravitar, or Lair fail because one guy wanted to troll the team.
    biffsig.jpg
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kamokami wrote: »
    I love the idea of a tough fight with more challenge than what we have now. Especially if it requires teamplay.

To go along with this, it would be great if the team-kicking bug got fixed so that if you make a team with friends and sg-mates to queue up for the encounter it doesn't auto-kick everyone.

Since a shot at success requires a bit more coordination, would be awesome to enable coordination prior to q-ing up. So helping 10 people q together and fixing the auto-kick bug.

100% this.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
    edited October 2013
    You're kinda misrepresenting what I said. I never said it's the "people who bother to learn it" who will complain. I said, plainly, it's the new players that aren't familiar with the alert that are going to complain. The people that haven't been on PTS. The ones who haven't put in any effort and are just expecting a win.

Those people always complain, but are far less likely to actually come back later and learn it. Those expecting a win tend to just die, get locked and hope whoever is still up finishes it out for the win.

I ran it mainly around the beginning of 2013. I don't have a schedule handy of all the times I ran it, but would often answer the ever-present "QUEUE GRAV PLZ" calls all throughout this year, off and on. I don't actually have any numbers of when it was popular or it wasn't.

That's kinda my point, people lose interest. No one is that "retentive" to keep track of their gaming schedule short of specific testing. You don't need to have hard data to see that she's far less popular than release, the queue times or really lack of times lends to that. Realistically, it was bound to drop in popularity, but considering the risk of failure and time investment (as well as waiting for pop), most people no longer bother.

Do you have examples of this "Hey, they found out how to beat Gravitar, let's nerf 'em!" situation? That seems like a bit of a stretch, considering all the time we went without developer attention.

That's what's always been funny. Foxbat was bugged for years in Unity 2, and just recently saw a fix.
    Soldier's start soloing Grav by flying and sniping, her range gets an increase maybe a week after.

Same goes for tossing smoke grenades and debuffing her perception. Best part about that was no longer worrying about random cascade spam if you were far enough.

But the worst one was skarn's bane no longer negating her passive. Considering its short range and self-rooting, its main strength was to debuff. Find a target worth debuffing, and then said target gets immunity soon afer.

I can understand not wanting a soldier or 2 finishing a Grav run when there are freeforms lying dead, but skarn's has such limited popularity/usefulness as is. The only reason flying snipers exist is for the sake of actually utilizing its extended range since its the only way to mimic firing from down range.
    And yes, anyone can intentionally cause a group fail, but how often do you see that happening? In lairs? In alerts? In rampages? Do you honestly see that so much in your gameplay that it's really an issue for you? Or are you just taking a game mechanic that could be troublesome and twist it in the worst way possible?

Personally, the very worst I've seen, is the Alert leechers, and that was maybe one run out of 80. Hardly anything to make a big splash about, I think. I have never, once, had an Alert, Gravitar, or Lair fail because one guy wanted to troll the team.

It's true that you're extremely unlikely to see people force intentional failures, short of leaving outright.

Leechers were a lot more common before, but those people tend to get bored and leave when they realize they put all that time cheating the system for nothing. Thankfully we finally have level gating.

But going back to wipe mechanics, it's not so much that someone will intentionally use it to cause a failure. However, it's hardly uncommon for a player to unknowingly get teammates killed. Even in Grav now, I still see it happen regularly. Thankfully, most tanks have adapted to relying on MD and blocking or popping their eruption to survive an unexpected yellow bubble. I myself play extra cautious when she's at less than 1/3, but my tank occasionally gets surprised by a sudden yellow. I think those are more of a result from people spamming ice grenades unaware of the consequences though.

I mean, I really like the concept of using two bosses to work against each other. I'm just not fond of insta-kill mechanics that have evolved since on-alert passed.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    With the proliferation of DPS tanks, that constantly dish out attacks without having to block, that take less damage than a defensive passive toon in tank role, insta-kill and lock-out mechanics are needed. Otherwise, the Rampage bosses are just steamrolled.

Yes, we play a superhero game, but superheroes get beaten sometimes. If Gravitar didn't have those yellow bubbles and the lockout on respawn. . . the alert would be an autowin for all except the most novice groups.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    People play Gravitar less now because we've had her for like seven years, and that's the only reason.
    edited October 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    I've seen footage although I missed the test. DODGE! 80,000

I dodged for 75k on Mentella and Alara The Light Guardian, either way the value is a death sentence regardless of passive, defense or dodge/avoid.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    People play Gravitar less now because we've had her for like seven years, and that's the only reason.

This statement basically says there are no new players in the game to be interested in content released a year ago (or seven in dog years).

Of course we know there are plenty of New Champions and the truth is that they mostly
    don't stick around long enough to be challenged by Gravitar and then when they do they don't
    want to spend twenty minutes to queue for ten minutes to fail while they could be making Q or G or XP.
    edited October 2013
    ok so what's happening then? falchion dodged for 80k.

btw any suggestions on how I might coordinate my own 10 person group to go after these 2? I wanna try it.

It may be a form of penetrating damage. It is possible to dodge/defend/reduce it, but the mitigation so far has been insignificant. Everyone's favorite god-mode power, Masterful Dodge, would be your best bet to try (you might be able to get it under 70K!). The less-accessible version, Eruption, would be interesting to test out since it is still damage and not an outright insta-kill (such as the black stuff in Aftershock #5, the fissures in Vibora Bay Apocalypse, and I think the "/killme" command).

As for getting a group... ask your friends? :tongue:
    It's hard enough to get 5 people, much less 10. And then there's the effort of getting consistent premade groups so you don't have to repeat tactical explanations again.

EDIT: Actually, because they're are so few people (because F&I is no longer "new and shiny" and there's no livestream), the consistent premade part is probably easier once you get the people.
    edited October 2013
    Those people always complain, but are far less likely to actually come back later and learn it. Those expecting a win tend to just die, get locked and hope whoever is still up finishes it out for the win.

I don't know if making the content easier so you don't get the "Aw man there's an insta-wipe, I'm never gonna do this again" quitters is the way to go.

Sadly, it's the only way to rein in the power-gamers with the DPS tanks and the casuals with their theme builds. Now you can't just rely on the one guy who spent a bunch of money on pheromones and Rank 9 lucky gems to get you through the rampage. It's team content that depends on the team acting like a team.
    That's kinda my point, people lose interest. No one is that "retentive" to keep track of their gaming schedule short of specific testing. You don't need to have hard data to see that she's far less popular than release, the queue times or really lack of times lends to that. Realistically, it was bound to drop in popularity, but considering the risk of failure and time investment (as well as waiting for pop), most people no longer bother.

This is true, and why it was a mistake to release one single rampage, instead of three or four in a rotation while they worked on more.
    That's what's always been funny. Foxbat was bugged for years in Unity 2, and just recently saw a fix.
    Soldier's start soloing Grav by flying and sniping, her range gets an increase maybe a week after.

Same goes for tossing smoke grenades and debuffing her perception. Best part about that was no longer worrying about random cascade spam if you were far enough.

But the worst one was skarn's bane no longer negating her passive. Considering its short range and self-rooting, its main strength was to debuff. Find a target worth debuffing, and then said target gets immunity soon afer.

I can understand not wanting a soldier or 2 finishing a Grav run when there are freeforms lying dead, but skarn's has such limited popularity/usefulness as is. The only reason flying snipers exist is for the sake of actually utilizing its extended range since its the only way to mimic firing from down range.

I getcha. But it's priorities. Now, I'm not gonna go and defend Foxbat not being fixed for so long, but Gravitar was a hot item that dealt out large rewards, instead of just a couple recognition tokens.
    It's true that you're extremely unlikely to see people force intentional failures, short of leaving outright.

Leechers were a lot more common before, but those people tend to get bored and leave when they realize they put all that time cheating the system for nothing. Thankfully we finally have level gating.

But going back to wipe mechanics, it's not so much that someone will intentionally use it to cause a failure. However, it's hardly uncommon for a player to unknowingly get teammates killed. Even in Grav now, I still see it happen regularly. Thankfully, most tanks have adapted to relying on MD and blocking or popping their eruption to survive an unexpected yellow bubble. I myself play extra cautious when she's at less than 1/3, but my tank occasionally gets surprised by a sudden yellow. I think those are more of a result from people spamming ice grenades unaware of the consequences though.

Yes, one guy can get people killed, but that's the kind of thing you only do once or twice before you learn what you're not supposed to do.
    I mean, I really like the concept of using two bosses to work against each other. I'm just not fond of insta-kill mechanics that have evolved since on-alert passed.

In the first iteration of Fire and Ice, I immediately spoke up against the insta-wipe with the cages. Well, first I spoke up about having two different insta-wipes was too much. But the thing that bothered me most was that the cages would wipe everyone. That totally singles out one person for the other 9 people in the team to lay blame on, and that's just a recipe for disaster. With the way it is now, you know that A) don't stand too close to your teammates and B) if you see a cage pop up, get the heck away from it. It's two little rules that I don't think are so hard to follow (on paper; in practice, I apologize to everyone I'm going to kill by accidentally Superjumping onto their cage :biggrin:).
    biffsig.jpg
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Very nice with the deposit and withdraw all option window. I prefer this! However...

BUG
    The all button for resources in the account bank always tries to move 1 Global and 1 National more than what you have. Second time in the hideout it would try to transfer just 1 more National.
    edited October 2013
    It may be a form of penetrating damage. It is possible to dodge/defend/reduce it, but the mitigation so far has been insignificant. Everyone's favorite god-mode power, Masterful Dodge, would be your best bet to try (you might be able to get it under 70K!).

^ This.

I'd suggest trying Masterful dodge if you are planning to wipe, just let your fellow team members know.

I personally didn't have time to access MD on either instances and since the dodge nerfs are active on PTS, I am still surprised I managed to dodge anything.

I have Eruption on one of my toons who hasn't been through the rampage yet. But I'll be testing it tomorrow on her.
    edited October 2013

In the first iteration of Fire and Ice, I immediately spoke up against the insta-wipe with the cages. Well, first I spoke up about having two different insta-wipes was too much. But the thing that bothered me most was that the cages would wipe everyone. That totally singles out one person for the other 9 people in the team to lay blame on, and that's just a recipe for disaster. With the way it is now, you know that A) don't stand too close to your teammates and B) if you see a cage pop up, get the heck away from it. It's two little rules that I don't think are so hard to follow (on paper; in practice, I apologize to everyone I'm going to kill by accidentally Superjumping onto their cage :biggrin:).

I wasn't aware it had been modified, but as you describe it, sounds like just reacting like one normally should instead of f that guy he's such a %#$Q! got us all killed.

I do hope it gets released before the dodge/avoid changes so that I'm not so bitter I get to try it before I go.
    edited October 2013
    I wasn't aware it had been modified, but as you describe it, sounds like just reacting like one normally should instead of f that guy he's such a %#$Q! got us all killed.

I do hope it gets released before the dodge/avoid changes so that I'm not so bitter I get to try it before I go.

I did note that the quicker you break out the better it is as the cage will subside a few seconds later, but if you breakout then move, all the fire damage resistance in the world will not save you :tongue:

Will likely be released WITH or AFTER the dodge avoid change so hardly anyone runs it until a few vids, guides and rebuilds are taken care of :wink:

Either way, I cannot really see this alert being pushed to LIVE in this state. ( I am being hopeful that nothing is ever pushed to LIVE in the fashion New Telepathy was, I don't wish that on anyone.)

I reckon in the space of three weeks from now, we'll see a combination of:

- New patch notes regarding PTS fixes and adjustments on LIVE.

-Dodge/avoid/crit notes and changes

- Justice Gear Preview and possible discussion on how it will be implemented.

- A preview for the new alert.

Perhaps with a livestream or blog post regarding Kenina and Frosty's Alert.
    edited October 2013

Of course we know there are plenty of New Champions and the truth is that they mostly
    don't stick around long enough to be challenged by Gravitar and then when they do they don't want to spend twenty minutes to queue for ten minutes to fail while they could be making Q or G or XP.

I don't really think anyone wants to spend time queuing for stuff that fails when they could be doing something else; new or old.

I've been playing this game longer than most and I did Grav sometimes until I got the costume unlocks and only after if I wanted to see if a toon was 'tough' enough to live through random force cascade spaming.

The insta-kill from Cybermind was enough to keep me from playing his alert more than three or four times. I did it once for the perk and there after to help SG members get through it. That's it.

This insta-kill nonsense will hopefully get nerfed some more, it should really only affect the caged person if it's meant to be an insta-kill. Still think it's going to heavily disadvantage pet users.

In game as @forgemccain
  • blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug:
    Everywhere after character creation (Skipped tutorial)
    Night Warrior (R1) Incorrectly provides +80% dodge chance
  • vincyrevincyre Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    oh and they NEED to give out free retcons with these changes, or face the wrath of their customers.

For once, I agree. With such big changes, they really should give out free retcons, though I don't expect them to.