test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Alert Nerfs...

twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
Must be working because I just saw another player in Canada. I was so stunned that the werewolves ate me.

Comments

• fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It is a cold and lonely place, these Canadian wastelands.

Why do you think I live here? :smile:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like Canada a lot when I'm not living here.
    Oddly enough, Canada is the one place I haven't been visiting while leveling my new tank. Had a blast in the Desert tho.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    People are definitely doing more missions, comic series, and adventure packs this past week.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Monster Island is amazing for Leveling too~!
    my latest FreeForm Leveled in Millenium City and Monster Island and I got a bunch of Perks and Lore for my Steam Achievement :biggrin:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Canada was always where i spent most of my time, since there are so much quests for different levels from 6 (now 15) - 38 :wink:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    beldin wrote: »
    Canada was always where i spent most of my time, since there are so much quests for different levels from 6 (now 15) - 38 :wink:

I love Canada for leveling quickly...except when I'm using Lightning Flash as a travel power.

MAH GAWD MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My only problem with Canada is it's a bit of a sausage fest.
    edited October 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    or ANYONE with mill flight lol.

How people can even stand having Millenium Flight?
    Only by seeing it from Veterans who are using it, I go Blind! :eek:

Also yeah, Canada is the best place to LVL UP fast, but the whole White Scenery will hurt your Eyes!
    guyhumual wrote: »

(The Best Fest!)

WAIT WHAT? What do you mean? You don't see many Female toons in canada? or is it because there no Female Super Villains like Desert?
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited October 2013
    avianos wrote: »
    The Best Fest!
    WAIT WHAT? What do you mean?

I mean females are literally rarer then Sasquatches.
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    also theres TONS of sasquatches in canada. xD

Stupid sexy Sasquatches.
    I level in canada and all my toons are female. did you mean NPC's?

NPCs, and yes, far more Sasquatches then female NPCs, especially seeing as there doesn't seem to be a female Sasquatch model.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I level in canada and all my toons are female. did you mean NPC's?

NOTE: Female sasquatches look exactly like male ones. Don't believe me? Xiress is a girl.

Regardless, the whole alert switchup seems to be the perfect thing to lead the game into making more standard/non-alert styled missions.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited October 2013
    bluhman wrote: »
    NOTE: Female sasquatches look exactly like male ones. Don't believe me? Xiress is a girl.

Regardless, the whole alert switchup seems to be the perfect thing to lead the game into making more standard/non-alert styled missions.

AE91CB720C0523BA7E32957EA7BF7C6DA8A28A71

:rolleyes:

Either that or the game just Supports Gay Bigfoot Couples (I want to believe that's the case, that's my Headcanon)
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I want more standard/alert missions.

On the moon.
    edited October 2013

I...I honestly never noticed this kind of thing in 4 years playing the game.
    edited October 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Stupid sexy Sasquatches.

I know right? Walking Half-Naked in the snow like that! :eek:
    edited October 2013
    I...I honestly never noticed this kind of thing in 4 years playing the game.

I usually like to see the game through my character's eyes and the first time I played the game I was amazed at how few female models their are. Rescue missions usually have you saving men, most super heroes are male, most villains and virtually all the mobs are male as well, I'd estimate that less then 1/4th of all NPCs (not counting civilians) in the game are female. Canada is just a bit worse then the other maps.

Makes it hard to play the dashing hero looking to save the damsel in distress, but hey if you're playing a feminist hero or a gay hero there's lots of dudes to save.
    edited October 2013
    You keep telling yourself that ;)
    avianos wrote: »
    AE91CB720C0523BA7E32957EA7BF7C6DA8A28A71

:rolleyes:

Either that or the game just Supports Gay Bigfoot Couples (I want to believe that's the case, that's my Headcanon)
    Well assuming that Sasquatch are mammals they should have mammary glands, I mean it's not like they're lumerian (I do love the fact that female Lumerians are bigger then the males, just like non mammals should be), but to be sure there must be text somewhere in the game were Xiress is identified as a he or she (because the page you linked bluhman sure doesn't).
    edited October 2013
    You keep telling yourself that ;)

Well assuming that Sasquatch are mammals they should have mammary glands, I mean it's not like they're lumerian (I do love the fact that female Lumerians are bigger then the males, just like non mammals should be), but to be sure there must be text somewhere in the game were Xiress is identified as a he or she (because the page you linked bluhman sure doesn't).

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/My_Lost_Foot

"First I lost my world, and now I have lost my mate, Xiress. Yesterday we were attacked by mechanical monstrosities that Silverback calls "Destroids." We fought them as best we could, but I was knocked unconscious. When I awoke, Xiress was gone.

I have spent the past day searching for her but I have had no success. I do not know this strange city we now call home very well and the strange smells here confuse my senses. Can you help me find her? I caught a faint trace of her scent two blocks east of here just past the whole in the street."
    edited October 2013
    I have spent the past day searching for her but I have had no success. I do not know this strange city we now call home very well and the strange smells here confuse my senses. Can you help me find her? I caught a faint trace of her scent two blocks east of here just past the whole in the street."

Well there we have it, Xiress is female, thanks for digging that up Kempo.

You still have the unfortunate image of female Sasquatch looking like dudes however.
  • viktorlazloviktorlazlo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think you mean lemurians. calling lemurians lumerians is like calling Cyberlord Cyber-LARD :biggrin:

I have a character named Cyberlard.
    @Razorak in game