What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes, October 24, 2013

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2013 in Release Notes
Release notes for October 24, 2013.

Vehicles:

-Most Vehicles got a minor rename to move the vehicle type (such as "Grav Bike") from the name to the item's description.

-Old Hawkwings that were named like Become Devices (such as "Become Hawkwing Command Ship") are now called Prototypes (such as "Prototype Hawkwing Command Ship")

-Hawkwings that had "Mark 2" in their names (such as "Hawkwing Command Ship Mark 2") to differentiate them from the Prototypes aren't called "Mark 2" anymore (such as "Hawkwing Command Ship").

-Hawkwing vehicles now have a 30 second cooldown like the other vehicles.

Items:

-Gladiator Imperator become device: fixed stat scaling on its Unstoppable passive.
Fixed damage absorb for the Invulnerability power on Lemurian Power Armors and Powered Suit become devices.

-Added invulnerability passive to Resistance Command Leader Robot become device, since it had no passive.

-Mummy become device: fixed issues related to stat scaling for its Pestilence passive.
Both new and existing Doomlord and Celestial become devices have been raised from purple to gold quality.

-Halloween Treat Bags may now be used straight from your inventory.

-Gravity Pulse (vehicle weapon) now affects a maximum of five targets per pulse.

-Fixed an issue where vehicles would sometimes become immobile.

-Favor of the Champions, XP Boost, Resources Boost now stack to 999.

UI:

-Loading screens referring to Alert rewards have been updated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Unless it destabilizes something, though, please don't fix the bit where your vehicle (or at least your cycle) becomes invisible if you use it while wearing a disguise. It's not a bug, it's a feature! :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My hideout bank thanks you profusely. :)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    toooldforthistoooldforthis Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm disappointed that the grav pulse nerf is going live without so much as even a day of feedback.

I did a rush job testing, and it turns out the nerf also badly broke another part of grav pulse that wasn't supposed to be touched. Details are on the PTS thread, but this part of the patch should not be rolled out tomorrow. Creating more bugs without proper testing helps no one.
  • Options
    ahgrlvlahgrlvl Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This patch is very... becoming.

I honestl never thought you all would eve get arnd to giving the Become Destroid Command Leader a passive. It gives me hope for other quality of life patches. Thank you!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    so do we get the new tako boxes now, so I can get my dinosaur onesie?

Please, I have a few embarrassing hero ideas for it
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Everything but the Grav Pulse nerf appears to be a plus.

Vehicles don't do enough damage as is to really warrant their use, and as we still haven't fixed crit chance on said vehicles.....
  • Options
    h2blopsh2blops Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have an error something called "become black talon MK II" and "become resistance leader robot" time glitch now they are now the most cheapest become i can even sell for.
  • Options
    mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We're getting closer and closer to real patch notes.

You forgot to mention the halloween event, the new lockboxes, the items that drop from it, the actual stat changes instead of "stat scaling". Give us numbers please.

Also, when you mention "hawkwing" has had its cooldown increased to 30 seconds.. now that you've renamed everything, are you talking about the NEW hawkwing jets (AKA Mark 2) or the NEW Prototype Hawkwing jets? Or both?

We're getting there.

EDIT: And, just to be petty (and not to be taken seriously) it's so ironic that the prototypes would be renamed prototypes when the last time they were renamed, it came with a serious nerf.. the reason? Because they weren't prototypes anymore.... funny.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    gfnotaku1gfnotaku1 Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Release notes for October 24, 2013.
    -Added invulnerability passive to Resistance Command Leader Robot become device, since it had no passive.

THANK YOU! Now.. about that heal for it..
    This post is brought to you by:
    Villain-Mart, the only shopping franchise that caters to that diabolic need. This week at Villain-Mart, save 2 dollars on smoke machines when you shop with your CrimeCard and get buy-one-get-one-free on henchmen and scientists. Villain-Mart! You might be criminal, but our prices aren't!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,041 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Lockboxes and the Drifter Doomlord hit LIVE!

Ehm... no mention of those in Release note? Hello?
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    BUG: (Actually related to previous patch)

The Alert daily missions unlock 3 levels before you gain access to the Alert types in question (7 for grabs, 12 for bursts, 17 for smashes).

Edit: It's also possible to get all three in one day if you level quick enough.
    edited October 2013
    I didn't mention the lockbox ahead of time because we generally don't pre-announce sales. It's a business thing. I should've mentioned the Halloween Bloodmoon, though, my bad on that.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    so do we get the new tako boxes now, so I can get my dinosaur onesie?

Please, I have a few embarrassing hero ideas for it
    Not Dinosaur Neil, I hope. :eek:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,600 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug: Recognition that drops can be needed or greeded on when in teams.
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Like the new Takobox, but do not like the no fun pumpkins that just go 'ploop' when getting the treat.

Where's the cheery holiday fun?
    Why would you take a fun element out of the game?