trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2013 in Release Notes
Release notes for October 17, 2013.

Alert Changes:

Rewards:
-Grab Alerts now reward XP and an XP buff
-Smash Alerts now reward Resources and a Resources buff

Availability:
-The topmost Alert is a randomly selected Grab (XP), available to characters level 10+
-The second Alert is a randomly selected Burst (Mods), available to characters level 15+
-The third Alert is a randomly selected Smash (Resources), available to characters level 20+
-Custom Alerts now have a minimum level of 20+

-The XP, Resources, and Mod boosts are now part of the reward drop at the end of an Alert, instead of being applied invisibly. This will resolve some cases where the boosts were not triggering correctly.

Powers/Items:

-Powerhouse: Added three regenerating supervillain dummies to the powerhouse. They are level 40/skull, and have distinct names.

-Power Armor: Unbreakable: Unbreakable now properly lasts its whole duration, even when it takes more damage than the shield can withstand. It is otherwise unchanged.

-The following powers should now properly proc Manipulator: Bite with Furor Venenum (stun), Brute Strike (stun), Bullet Beatdown (root/stun), Cave In (stun), Condemn with Redemption Denied advantage (stun), Crashing Wave Kick (stun), Dragon Kick (stun), Devour Essence with Phlebotomist (root), Ego Blade Frenzy with Unnerving Rage (root), Experimental Blaster (stun), Fault Line with Compound Fracture advantage (root), Gas Arrow with Noxious Fumes advantage (stun), Hex of Suffering with Rune of Lethargy advantage (root), Ice Burst with Freeze Dirtbag advantage (paralyze), Inexorable Tides with Instep Crush advantage (root), Psychic Vortex with Single Minded advantage (stun), Rebuke with Admonish advantage (stun), Skarn's Bane with Warlock's Malice advantage (root), Sonic Arrow (stun), Sonic Device (stun), Storm's Harvest (root), Storm of Arrows w/ Achilles' Heel advantage (root), Taser Arrow (paralyze), Telekinetic Maelstrom (stun), Thunderbolt Lunge (root) with Essence Assault advantage (stun), Thunderstrike with Ionic Compression advantage (root), Vengeance with Redemption Denied advantage (stun), Venomous Breath w/ Paralytic Bile (stun)

-Legion's gear and Mercenary's gear items now list their slots in the item descriptions.

-Primus Recognition vendors now offer Enhancement, Armoring, and Core mods instead of Offense, Defense, and Utility Mods.

-Removed Mercenary's Helmet of Topography from the Questionite store.

-Become Frank device: Frank's Unstoppable passive wasn't getting scaling from his stats. Fixed!

-The Widow Grav Bike was missing its 10% buff. Fixed.

Costumes:

-Added tail & wing size sliders to the tailor.

-The "Leg Length" slider now allows for slightly shorter legs.

-Female characters now have access to a second Beast Leg variant. This variant was previously restricted to NPCs.

-The following costume pieces now bounce again: Floating Brain, Droopy Antenna, Dual Droopy Antenna

-Male vampire hood heads now use the correct eyes.

-Sci-Fi Goggles can now be worn with Bubble helmets.

-The following costume options now unlock on account (this will only affect unlocks that happen from now onward): Demon Gloves (Arcane Demon Pattern), Demon Hips (Arcane Demon Pattern), Demon Collar (Arcane Demon Pattern) , Lemurian Spiked Tail, Lemurian Spikes Huge, Fire Demon Horns Tall, Demon Necklace Spikes Thick (Bracers), Fire Demon Horns

-The following costumes now mirror properly, allowing you to select "both" in the tailor: Bone Spikes (male), Ball Hand (male), Steampunk Smokestack (female), Beast Greaves, Takofanes Bracer, Gadroon Shield Bracer, Dragon Armor Bracers, Bird People Arm Accessory (female), Feathers Tribal arm accessory (female), Spikes arm accessory (male), Straps arm accessory (female)

-The following paired costume items were showing as "???" in the tailor when selected under both. Fixed. Straps Thin arm accessory (male), Armor Superconductor boots (female), Alien Claw boots (female), Spike Jagged shoulders (female), Armor Nephilim bracer (female)

-"Sclaes Layered" (female) has been renamed to "Scaled Layered".

-Female Bracer Caps (right) had an issue where it would shift position if viewed from a distance. Fixed.

Missions:

-There And Bat Again (UNITY version): Foxbat will now let you turn in the mission when you're done.

UI:

-Alerts featuring Hrodgeir the Unending were missing an image from their information UI. Fixed.

-Fixed an issue that caused a "-1" to remain on your device tray if you removed a device while it was recharging.

Misc:

-Unity HQ: Fixed a hole in the ceiling of the teleporter room.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wooot!!

Ten characters

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It has begun.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ah, tail and wing sliders, come to papa! ♥
    Champions: @ace112233
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    YES! FINALLY! Alert LvL Gating!
    No More lvl 6 on Alerts they SHOULD NOT have access be in the first place (Malvan, Warlord, Cybermind)
    No More LVL 6 Leechers!
    Hoperfully less headaches in Alert Dailies Farming!
    (The XP GRAB will take a while to take used to)

and finally fixed the Demons and Lemuria pieces

and yay for leg, tail and wings Sliders!

REALLY looking forward for this UPDATE! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sweet Jebus, CO's finally getting what it's been neglected for. HUZZAH I SAY! :biggrin:
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I said I wasn't going to cry... *sniff* It's just so beautiful.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • cryzzspamcryzzspam Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Once again great job on this update. I can't wait to see what else you guys have planned.
  • gruff2gruff2 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well this is welcome news indeed. :biggrin:
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Very welcome news. Good job!
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A very welcome change =)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    crackles.png
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Holy bug-fixes, Spider-Bat!!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • mawaynemawayne Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Great stuff! The Release Notes are starting to look like release notes. :biggrin:
    Great to hear this! Keep up the good work! :biggrin:
    "Reason can get you to probability, but only commitment can get you to certainty." - Timothy Keller
    Archived CO Wiki site
  • masakarijzmasakarijz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm lovin' it!
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    WONDERFUL!

I don't see anything bad at all in this list, it's all good news as I'm concerned, and much of it has been needed for a loooong time (since On Alert came out actually for things like level gating).

However I do have one question:

Did you fix a certain exploit bug in this patch that we had talked about TT? I won't go into details for obvious reasons; if you can't say yes/no that's alright, but I'd rest easier knowing that it's finally been fixed.

I'm lovin' it!

McDonald's corporate would like to have a word with you. :tongue: (kidding, I'm loving it too)
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    avianos wrote: »
    YES! FINALLY! Alert LvL Gating!
    No More lvl 6 on Alerts they SHOULD NOT have access be in the first place (Malvan, Warlord, Cybermind)
    No More LVL 6 Leechers!
    Hoperfully less headaches in Alert Dailies Farming!
    (The XP GRAB will take a while to take used to)

Instead of level 6 'leechers' we'll have level 10s who go afk at the beginning of the grab alerts woot! That is so much better! /sarcasm

Only bright side is that if you get too many in the same grab and leave, you won't see them again for until they timeout. Otherwise your still carrying people.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yessssss

candeeeeee_zpscc542671.png
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • fookilafookila Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Aw yeah. No more lowbies and leechers in alerts.
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bouncy antennas back??? AT LAST!

As for floating coming back to brains, well it tended to bounce them half-out of the domes but i can live with that returning.

And lots more cool stuff too.

Cryptic North you get a big Volterrific Thankyou!

Now i just have to figure out a new sig...
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Excellent work so far, keep it up. Thumbs up.
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Excellent work so far, keep it up. Thumbs up.

< has not seen you log in =P
  • liochlioch Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's like Xmas in October. Keep the fixes coming, please, and thanks.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That unbreakable fix is much appreciated. Now, can we have breakfree fix and activation while held on Imbue?
  • goodwilloutgoodwillout Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    God God. I'm starting to feel like this is a living MMO again.

Keep up the good work, Cryptic North. You're starting to give me some faith in CO again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gogoginga1gogoginga1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wing and tail sliders , costume fixes , great stuff

keep up the good work

ok thats it I'm off to the tailors , I might be some time
  • outofworkeroutofworker Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow. thanks!

just one question:
    who are you and what have you done with Champions?
    ~ Life is too short to take seriously ~
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for this release.

Now... Superconductor chest piece for females? NPC has it.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bouncy antennas back??? AT LAST!

As for floating coming back to brains, well it tended to bounce them half-out of the domes but i can live with that returning.

And lots more cool stuff too.

Cryptic North you get a big Volterrific Thankyou!

Now i just have to figure out a new sig...

Put the floaty brian in the dinosaur costume and turn your head. The brain goes out the side

and for those who want an alien symbiuote on them.

wolf or fox tail, min length, max width. a pulsating blob on your rear
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've been waiting for this. I knew CO isn't dying that easy.

Now I believe we can settle down low lvl in Alert now
    edited October 2013
    draogn wrote: »
    Instead of level 6 'leechers' we'll have level 10s who go afk at the beginning of the grab alerts woot! That is so much better! /sarcasm

Only bright side is that if you get too many in the same grab and leave, you won't see them again for until they timeout. Otherwise your still carrying people.

Hey, this is what Escaping from the Map and putting people on Ignore is for! :biggrin:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited October 2013

The other bright side is that for those who are actually carrying people they don't have to worry about carrying and failing because their two minutes are up. If they and their build are up to the task they'll succeed anyway just a little slower. And for anyone that's pressed for time, just leave the map. Everyone is better off that way, everyone.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    avianos wrote: »
    Hey, this is what Escaping from the Map and putting people on Ignore is for! :biggrin:

Putting people on ignore doesn't prevent you from seeing them in alerts. It just means you won't see what they type if anything. Afkers and leeches will still be a problem, and people will still blame lowbies for their alerts not being perfect.

Sure someone who knows what they can do, will still be able to carry the team. Rather then being out in 2 minutes, it might take 2-10 min depending on the type of alert, and if you leave you still lost out on the 2 minutes. So not much was gained in that department.
  • jaxtondragoonjaxtondragoon Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for this release.

Now... Superconductor chest piece for females? NPC has it.

Cyberpunk chest too.

Otherwise, everything's looking awesome.
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    1.5 years too late, but this is a great patch notes i must say.
    Good job from the new team!
    Keep the pressure.

But if you want more new players and old players come back, the game will need some new content, not event, permanent content.
    As new zones and new level 40's lairs. And more love for the pvp. (daily pvp quests with questionite rewards and some cool items with acclaim).

Good chance.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    Put the floaty brian in the dinosaur costume and turn your head. The brain goes out the side

and for those who want an alien symbiuote on them.

wolf or fox tail, min length, max width. a pulsating blob on your rear

Foxes and wolves already have a pulsating blob in their derriere...

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Most wonderful patch so far, comments about wolves and foxes buttocks.

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And then, the Dodge/Avoid change/nerf/whatever will happen on Live and this patch will have been rendered moot. You're welcome.
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mog555 wrote: »
    I've been waiting for this. I knew CO isn't dying that easy.

Of course not. It was dying hard.

But it looks like someone prodded the patient a bit. Hopefully it'll get full medical treatment and recover soon.
    ...people will still blame lowbies for their alerts not being perfect.
    No matter what they have to do in order to accomplish this. There's another thread where the offered definition of "lowbie" is "anyone under level 40"!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

edited October 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    No matter what they have to do in order to accomplish this. There's another thread where the offered definition of "lowbie" is "anyone under level 40"!

Let's tell Cryptic to make alerts tiered depending on the level, already.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    Let's tell Cryptic to make alerts tiered depending on the level, already.
    You mean like this? :smile:
    Release notes for October 17, 2013.

Alert Changes:

Rewards:
    -Grab Alerts now reward XP and an XP buff
    -Smash Alerts now reward Resources and a Resources buff

Availability:
    -The topmost Alert is a randomly selected Grab (XP), available to characters level 10+
    -The second Alert is a randomly selected Burst (Mods), available to characters level 15+
    -The third Alert is a randomly selected Smash (Resources), available to characters level 20+
    -Custom Alerts now have a minimum level of 20+

edited October 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    You mean like this? :smile:

Nope. Tiered as in: characters of a same level group will be put together and the villain related to it will scale accordingly. As in: seperating the Level 10 players from the Level 40.
    edited October 2013
    klitty wrote: »
    Most wonderful patch so far, comments about wolves and foxes buttocks.

I wills stick with my Avian's and Bear's Buttocks, thank you very much

. . .

Wait, this came out wrong! :eek:
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can finally make an Imp costume with small wings and a thin devil tail! Thanks for this cryptic, been waiting to edit wings for ages. :D

Another thing that would be amazing would be if you somehow made 'hair slider' which edited hair styles in some way, I just feel that if you opt for having a hair style you can't really have an original look these days. Would be a bit hard though, just a wild idea that made it into this comment.

Next up, new gear and dodge fix!
    Nope. Tiered as in: characters of a same level group will be put together and the villain related to it will scale accordingly. As in: seperating the Level 10 players from the Level 40.

Sorry I don't think this would be a good idea at all, it would take way too long to pop and if you want to do your daily at level 40 it would take ages and ages to get into one of the xp ones.
    edited October 2013

In other words, effectively thin out an already low player population and increase queue times for alerts by lowering the pool of available players at every level. No thanks.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Great fixes. I'm really looking forward to this.

Is there any chance at fixing Overdrive to work with all maintains, like sword cyclone? Right now it doesn't proc.

Form of the Tempest's healing advantage (Gifts of the Storm) is currently incompatible with Sneak. Anytime healing occurs, it knocks you out of hiding. Example: You're charging up a sneaky boomerang attack and someone in your group heals you, pulling you out of Sneak before it finishes charging.

Trainers in all the powerhouse rooms/instances would be a welcome quality of life improvement.

In Trainstopping, is supposed to be Cairngorn or Cairngorm?
This discussion has been closed.