test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20130824.17 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS this evening, 10/15/2013

Greetings!

The the following build contains some bug fixes, as well as some new preview changes.

Release Notes:

Preview:

• Takofanes II Lockbox: Lockbox contents and drop rates have changed. Known Issue: The Demonwing currently looks like a Hawkwing Razor Assault Ship. This will change.

• Takofanes II Lockbox: The Lordly Takofanes Action Figure is no longer Equip on Pickup

• Cyber Ninja Be Critter: This Be Critter's Passive now functions correctly again.

• Targeting Computer: This power has had its descriptions fixed to reflect the correct ranks of the power. This was only a description change.

• *Returning Power* Earth Form: Earth Form has returned to the Brick tree! It can be found under the Earth tab. Below is a description of this passive:
  • Slotted Passive
  • Can be slotted in an Offensive or Balanced passive power slot.
  • Increases all of your Physical (Crushing, Slashing, Piercing) damage. This increase scales with your Super Stats.
  • Increases your resistance to all Physical (Crushing, Slashing, Piercing) damage and greatly increases your resistance to Crushing Damage. These resistances scale with your Super Stats.
  • Generates a small amount of energy when you are struck with Crushing attacks.
  • Reduces the movement speed of nearby foes based on how close to you they are.
  • Counts as an Energy Form.

Items:

• Removed Mercenary's Gloves of Topography from the Questionite store.

• Become Frank device: Frank's Unstoppable passive wasn't getting scaling from his stats. Fixed!

Costumes:

• The following costume options now unlock on account (this will only affect unlocks that happen from now onward): Demon Gloves (Arcane Demon Pattern), Demon Hips (Arcane Demon Pattern), Demon Collar (Arcane Demon Pattern) , Lemurian Spiked Tail, Lemurian Spikes Huge, Fire Demon Horns Tall, Demon Necklace Spikes Thick (Bracers), Fire Demon Horns

• Male vampire hood heads now use the correct eyes.

• The following costume pieces now bounce again: Floating Brain, Droopy Antenna, Dual Droopy Antenna

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lordgar wrote: »
    Takofanes II Lockbox: The Lordly Takofanes Action Figure is no longer Equip on Pickup

Do you mean no longer 'Bind on Pickup?'

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, when found it would auto-equip to the person opening the box.

That might've caused the Bind on Pickup thing I don't know...Here's hoping.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    [*]*Returning Power* Earth Form: Earth Form has returned to the Brick tree! It can be found under the Earth tab. Below is a description of this passive:
    • Slotted Passive
    • Can be slotted in an Offensive or Balanced passive power slot.
    • Increases all of your Physical (Crushing, Slashing, Piercing) damage. This increase scales with your Super Stats.
    • Increases your resistance to all Physical (Crushing, Slashing, Piercing) damage and greatly increases your resistance to Crushing Damage. These resistances scale with your Super Stats.
    • Generates a small amount of energy when you are struck with Crushing attacks.
    • Reduces the movement speed of nearby foes based on how close to you they are.
    • Counts as an Energy Form.

WOOHOO! Earth Form!

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ooo, Earth Form... I would say this would be a great time to make the Mountain a Hybrid-role AT and allow a passive choice between Defiance and Earth Form, but I dunno, would hate to alienate people who already use the AT as is.
    edited October 2013

Costumes:

• The following costume options now unlock on account (this will only affect unlocks that happen from now onward): Demon Gloves (Arcane Demon Pattern), Demon Hips (Arcane Demon Pattern), Demon Collar (Arcane Demon Pattern) , Lemurian Spiked Tail, Lemurian Spikes Huge, Fire Demon Horns Tall, Demon Necklace Spikes Thick (Bracers), Fire Demon Horns

• Male vampire hood heads now use the correct eyes.

• The following costume pieces now bounce again: Floating Brain, Droopy Antenna, Dual Droopy Antenna

Costume fixes!!!

Woot!

I'm sooo happy

In game as @forgemccain
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey, as long as we're looking at Become device bugs, the Invulnerability passive on Become Ancient Lemurian Armor is bugged, it's damage resistance percentage appears to function normally, but the flat absorption is set to zero against all damage, or that portion of the power isn't scaling up from anything properly or something.

Invulnerability passive in Become Teal Lemurian Power Armor
    Damage resistance percentage works fine and seems to scale appropriately.
    Flat Reduction mitigation always shows zero and does not work.
    This occurs everywhere, anytime the device is on.

Originally reported here. Tested on the Teal one I own, but I think it affects the purple one as well.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nice to see Earth form brought back :)

Looking forward to seeing the Demonwing in action :)
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Earth Form? A couple years late but at least its coming.

Gloves of Topography? Do you mean Helmet? By the way. Why?

Any reason why the bouncy costume pieces were changed to static in the first place? I know at least a few people who were upset about that and will be mildly satisfied that they are now working as originally intended.

It looks like things that are half done are FINALLY being finished and pushed to live. Thank you.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm seeing a 99% Crushing damage resistance being granted by Rank 3 Earth form while wearing Nemesis Heirloom primaries both in Hybrid and Ranged roles. Is it supposed to be that high? It made every mob in the powerhouse that deals crushing damage almost a non-threat.

Rank 2 puts it at 82%, that's the kind of high end number I'd expect to see from a fully ranked tanking passive.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited October 2013
    I'm seeing a 99% Crushing damage resistance being granted by Rank 3 Earth form while wearing Nemesis Heirloom primaries both in Hybrid and Ranged roles. Is it supposed to be that high? It made every mob in the powerhouse that deals crushing damage almost a non-threat.

You'd think it'd be equal to the Force Off Pass

In game as @forgemccain
  • ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Does this mean Kinetic Manipulation is going to have its resistance nerf finally removed or are we just going to replace it with Earth Form?
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well I just tested Earth Form and I must say I am in love with it, I finally got earth powers to hit hard with a thematic passive =)

Sadly Onslaught is still a bit underwhelming even if you are using Earth Form and Seismic Smash its just overall odd to use.

Anyway I am happy with Earth Form as it is, and I think the amount of crushing resistance could be toned down... but just a little bit, just to bring it more or less around with the resistances of other offensive passives (yes I know ice/fire/electric forms give around the same, but crushing damage is a more common damage type among enemies)

Edit: There's a good point going on the thread... what's the point of Kinetic Manipulation (of course theme aside) if Earth Form does what Kinetic Manip does and better

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • alexandrafreyaalexandrafreya Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Errmm...The Crushing Damage resistance on Earth form seems inline with every other passive to me?...

Electric Form gives a large resistance to electric damage, Fiery form gives to fire damage?...and such...I personally just hope with Earth form they might look over the powerset as a whole.

I honestly can't understand why Powers like Cave In comes with an enrage adv effect, not even taking into account it's lacking in damage as a whole.

Plus Onslaught, really needs a higher chance to apply stagger, 20% at 0.67 seconds really doesn't work on my tests, baring in mind on the Earth powerset, upheaval and Onslaught are really the only melee powers and seem to work together, but due to stagger only lasting 12 seconds per stack, I've seen stacks dropping from before I even get to three stacks while spamming Onslaught. Personally I would prefer Upheaval refreshes all stagger stacks, but that might just give Earth reasonable DPS :P

Anyway sorry, I think that was alittle off topic; but it would be nice to see the Earth powerset getting alittle help :P
    edited October 2013
    Earth Form has what Kinetic Manipulation should have always had.

Aside from aesthetics, they are exactly the same except for the additional resistance type and the fact that Kinetic Manipulation has always had its resistance and additional resistance 'nerfed' when compared to every other 'ranged' offense passive. What Earth Form has over Kinetic Manipulation is that the additional resistance is only limited to crushing and both of its resistances aren't nerfed as well as that special little slow that it has based on range from target.

Hell, they both even gain the energy when they suffer crushing damage

Oh and also, Kinetic Manipulation's physical damage bonus is only limited to ranged attacks. Earth Form has no limit.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You fixed my antennae. Now I can jump around MC and watch them bounce.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited October 2013
    Errmm...The Crushing Damage resistance on Earth form seems inline with every other passive to me?...

Electric Form gives a large resistance to electric damage, Fiery form gives to fire damage?...and such...I personally just hope with Earth form they might look over the powerset as a whole.

-snip-

I guess the numbers are in line with most of the other offensive passives. I also guess I'm just lucky that I'm consistently taking significantly smaller hits from the Purple Gang while using Earth Form compared to Kinetic Manipulation. Which makes no sense because KM is supposed to handle Ranged Physical damage better than EF does and most of the incoming damage I've been taking has been ranged Piercing attacks.

Rank 3 KM: 18% Physical Damage Resist and an additional 74% Ranged Physical Damage Resist
    Rank 3 EF: 24% Physical Damage Resist and an additional 99% Crushing Damage Resist
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited October 2013
    I guess the numbers are in line with most of the other offensive passives. I also guess I'm just lucky that I'm consistently taking significantly smaller hits from the Purple Gang while using Earth Form compared to Kinetic Manipulation. Which makes no sense because KM is supposed to handle Ranged Physical damage better than EF does and most of the incoming damage I've been taking has been ranged Piercing attacks.

Rank 3 KM: 18% Physical Damage Resist and an additional 74% Ranged Physical Damage Resist
    Rank 3 EF: 24% Physical Damage Resist and an additional 99% Crushing Damage Resist

Review the damage type in your logs once more and make sure that you have base dodge chance in order to prevent any mishaps.
    Piercing Ranged Damage is not covered by Earth Form's additional bonus damage and Kinetic Manipulation does indeed protect from this damage type. Energy forms have lingering damage resistance whenever they are removed. Switching between the two can cause the damage resistance to overlap in some cases but it should not stay for more than three server seconds.
  • toooldforthistoooldforthis Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Distribution curve on the new version of the boxes (n=300):

celestial 1 0.3%
    demonwing 4 1.3%
    takofanes 7 2.3%
    legion's 11 3.7%
    dino suit 30 10.0%
    frank 6 2.0%
    ghost 8 2.7%
    mummy 7 2.3%
    rare mod 32 10.7%
    mercenary's 27 9.0%
    drifter salvage 27 9.0%
    mod case 140 46.7%
    booster box 300 100%

I wouldn't get too excited over the demonwing or celestial drop rates - they could very well be 0.5% as n=300 isn't enough to confirm that.

Few comments on the new boxes before I head off to bed.

First, thanks for listening on the feedback on the mod drop rate. The regular mod case now provides either 25x IVs or 15x Vs. The rare provides either 10 VIs or 5 VIIs. I'll run the numbers on the supply reduction later, but it's better than it was. However, I would still suggest that the rare mod kit be included inside the mercenary and legion's boxes, as well as showing up with the various become devices and the vehicle. The economic return math still doesn't add up on those.

Second, the new booster box is a great idea - 100% chance of either XP boost, resource boost, or crafting boost on every box.

Third, I'd still recommend replacements for the mummy, ghost, and frank. Use the device, but put a new skin on them, as the value in the AH for all of these is such that a 'rare' drop of them is going to disappoint people.

Finally, the vehicle.

Stats: 3 weapon slots, 2 def, 1 support.
    Weapons: Incendiary Mk II, Grav Pulse Mk II - yes, II

However...

1. If this is supposed to be a high end vehicle, it really should have 2 def and 2 support. 4 weapon slots would be nice too, but the second support slot is pretty important.

2. Grav Pulse II is a great idea. Unfortunately, in testing it does the exact same damage as Grav Pulse I, so that's going to need to be fixed. Edit: nevermind, works properly - 20% damage increase.
    edited October 2013
    ayonachan wrote: »
    Review the damage type in your logs once more and make sure that you have base dodge chance in order to prevent any mishaps.
    Piercing Ranged Damage is not covered by Earth Form's additional bonus damage and Kinetic Manipulation does indeed protect from this damage type. Energy forms have lingering damage resistance whenever they are removed. Switching between the two can cause the damage resistance to overlap in some cases but it should not stay for more than three server seconds.

Reviewed. Base dodge chance. Again, no crazy good gear just the Nemesis heirloom primaries and some green secondaries, no extra dodge or avoidance. The damage I was taking was a mix between Crushing from melee attacks and Piercing from ranged.

Piercing damage was, on average, ~140 per hit while Kinetic Manipulation was active and ~97 while Earth Form was active.

Crushing damage was, on average, ~177 per hit while Kinetic Manipulation was active and ~64 while Earth Form was active.

I didn't have the foresight to take screen shots before I logged off, instead I just took damage for 60 seconds, stopped what I was doing to review my log, recorded all of the damage I had taken by hand and did math to get the averages. Then switched out passives and did it all over again.

For what it's worth, the damage out put of both of the passives seemed to be in line with the stated bonuses, the defenses are the only thing I found to be off.
    edited October 2013
    Just did a few quick tests.

Piercing Damage. With 27% 112% Rank 3 Earth Form along with 21% Resistance to all damage from defense 291 turned into 152
    Piercing Damage. With 20% 84% Rank 3 Kinetic Manipulation along with 21% Resistance to all damage from defense 291 turned into 127

So....Yeaaaaa.....
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Takofanes II Lockbox: Lockbox contents and drop rates have changed. Known Issue: The Demonwing currently looks like a Hawkwing Razor Assault Ship. This will change.

Takofanes II Lockbox: The Lordly Takofanes Action Figure is no longer Equip on Pickup

Ack! You mean I have to redo my spreadsheet? Well, I guess I should thank you for giving me free keys and boxes on Test; it speeds things up immensely.

Thanks for fixing the Action Figure. While it doesn't bother me - I'd be using the first one I got anyway - I'm sure there's people out there that would rather give it away or sell it than use it themselves.
    (For those that are confused about "Equip on Pickup", the AF is Bind on Equip, but if you don't already have it, it automatically uses itself to unlock the AF, like costume parts and AFs included with Perks)
    I wouldn't get too excited over the demonwing or celestial drop rates - they could very well be 0.5% as n=300 isn't enough to confirm that.

100% correct. Even my test of 1500 boxes is low for eliminating any random error.
    First, thanks for listening on the feedback on the mod drop rate. The regular mod case now provides either 25x IVs or 15x Vs. The rare provides either 10 VIs or 5 VIIs. I'll run the numbers on the supply reduction later, but it's better than it was. However, I would still suggest that the rare mod kit be included inside the mercenary and legion's boxes, as well as showing up with the various become devices and the vehicle. The economic return math still doesn't add up on those.

I still don't have a problem with the original drop rate for these boxes, but I'm happy with any change that makes the boxes better.
    Second, the new booster box is a great idea - 100% chance of either XP boost, resource boost, or crafting boost on every box.

Sounds great!

If they add a "buff box" that contains a random buff, like the ones you get in your starter kit, it would be perfect. I'd suggest a random mix of the heal and damage buffs the starter kit has, plus new ones for Resistance and Energy. Maybe halve the number of charges from the starter kit, and make them unbound or Bind on Equip instead of Pickup.

That way, each lockbox would have:
    -Drifter Salvage
    -One random XP/Resource/Crafting buff
    -One random heal/energy/defense/damage buff
    -The "real" prize: Mods, Becomes, Vehicles, Costumes, etc.
    Third, I'd still recommend replacements for the mummy, ghost, and frank. Use the device, but put a new skin on them, as the value in the AH for all of these is such that a 'rare' drop of them is going to disappoint people.

Not every box needs to meet or exceed some pre-determined "AH sell value" amount. I have no problem with these being in the box, myself.
    Finally, the vehicle.

Stats: 3 weapon slots, 2 def, 1 support.
    Weapons: Incendiary Mk II, Grav Pulse Mk II - yes, II

However...

1. If this is supposed to be a high end vehicle, it really should have 2 def and 2 support. 4 weapon slots would be nice too, but the second support slot is pretty important.

2. Grav Pulse II is a great idea. Unfortunately, in testing it does the exact same damage as Grav Pulse I, so that's going to need to be fixed.

That sounds kinda anemic, slot-wise. I agree that it should have more. Three or Four weapon slots plus four slots for Def and Support combined (not necessarily 2 and 2, 3 and 1 or 1 and 3 is fine too).

Incendiary Rounds AND Grav Pulse (an upgraded version, no less!) on the same vehicle? Aren't those two of the best vehicle weapons? I think it should have one or the other, plus some lower tier weapon. I'm starting to feel like there's a little too much power creep with the vehicles - compare the Mantis and Martinez (and variants) to the earliest still available vehicles (the non-prototype Hawkwings), and you'll see a pretty big difference.

I'd rather see new skins and models (like we've been getting), with all vehicles having the same stat and slot totals (with varying distributions), plus NEW weapons with the new vehicles. That way, there's more incentive to buy multiple vehicles for customization purposes, too.
    Just did a few quick tests.

Piercing Damage. With 27% 112% Rank 3 Earth Form along with 21% Resistance to all damage from defense 291 turned into 152
    Piercing Damage. With 20% 84% Rank 3 Kinetic Manipulation along with 21% Resistance to all damage from defense 291 turned into 127

So....Yeaaaaa.....

...Uhhh.

I think it's borked.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Earth Form has what Kinetic Manipulation should have always had.

Aside from aesthetics, they are exactly the same except for the additional resistance type and the fact that Kinetic Manipulation has always had its resistance and additional resistance 'nerfed' when compared to every other 'ranged' offense passive. What Earth Form has over Kinetic Manipulation is that the additional resistance is only limited to crushing and both of its resistances aren't nerfed as well as that special little slow that it has based on range from target.

Hell, they both even gain the energy when they suffer crushing damage

Oh and also, Kinetic Manipulation's physical damage bonus is only limited to ranged attacks. Earth Form has no limit.

I like Earth Form for the snare it gets...I think thats nicely thematic for an earthmover character.

I do kind of wish Earth form was usable in a tanking role though...Is there any way this passive could be like Congress of Selves and be usable in any role? Possibly with a greater focus on resistance in one form and damage dealing in another?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nice Patch Notes!

Regarding Becomes:

- Glad to see Ninja Reflexes is more in line. It currently stands at:

45% DODGE

69.8% AVOIDANCE

It seems a little low, but it is considerably less insane than 12,750% dodge chance :wink:

Nice to see the Frank Become Device fix as well..it currently stands at:

24% Knock Resistance

15% Damage Absorb

Is there any chance other fixes will be made?

I typed up a list here:

Click Me!

The asterisks in red denote the bugs with the tagged devices.

And of course the Ninja Reflexes has been fixed.

Regarding Lockboxes:

I am being literally spammed to kingdom come with those dinosaur suits, I've only opened 20 boxes so far.
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Folks, pertaining to vehicles. If they give the lockbox vehicle the maximum amount of slots (going by current vehicles) as well as two of the 4 best weapon mods they would instantly devalue much of the top vehicles in the Drifter store because it would be plainly superior to all of them as opposed to trading blows with the best of them. Do you really want to make something that is blatantly the best item chance based as opposed to possibly something people can amass a currency for and buy outright?
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
    edited October 2013
    [Become Gladiator Imperator] - Has the following Dodge/Avoid and Crit Chance/Severity Values

24.5% CRITICAL CHANCE

76.9% CRITICAL SEVERITY

15% DODGE

42.5% AVOIDANCE

Bugs:

- Unstoppable Passive for this Device is not working as intended. There is NO Knock Resistance or Damage Absorb Values

- Damage Values are not on par with Become Frank Device's Unstoppable Passive.

- Enrage Form on this Device is incapable of stacking past 2 stacks. (At 2 stacks it instantly resets itself to no stacks)
    edited October 2013
    Reserved for feedback :3

I saw this before your edit so I'll be vague. Does it scale higher than KM?
    edited October 2013
    Folks, pertaining to vehicles. If they give the lockbox vehicle the maximum amount of slots (going by current vehicles) as well as two of the 4 best weapon mods they would instantly devalue much of the top vehicles in the Drifter store because it would be plainly superior to all of them as opposed to trading blows with the best of them. Do you really want to make something that is blatantly the best item chance based as opposed to possibly something people can amass a currency for and buy outright?

Well, I did say that I wanted it to have 7-8 slots, and one of the weapons replaced with something less powerful.
    I saw this before your edit so I'll be vague. Does it scale higher than KM?

Well..not sure as of yet but with the following:

- EGO PRIMARY
    - DEXTERITY and RECOVERY SECONDARY

- Disciple Innate

- Ego = 317

- Dex = 203

- Rec = 203

- 31.4% Crit Chance

- 103% Severity

- Two Gun Mojo Rank 3

- Concentration Form

- Earth Form Passive Rank 3 = 96% Physical Damage Boost, 25% Physical Damage Resist,
    104% Crushing Damage Resist

- Ranged DPS Role

- Nemesis Heirloom Gear

Spec Trees used

EGO - Force of Will - 2
    - Insight - 3
    - Sixth Sense - 2
    - Follow Through - 3

Vindicator - Aggressive Stance - 2
    - Merciless - 3
    - Focused Strikes - 3
    - Modified Gear - 2

Avenger - Ruthless - 2
    - Can't Touch This - 1
    - Anguish - 2
    - Relentless Assault - 3
    - Surprise Attack - 2

Mastery - EGO MASTERY

With 8 stacks of Concentration and Relentless Assault @ 5 stacks my criticals were between 2.6 - 2.8k on Test Dummies.

It looks like I assumed the worst but thankfully I was proved wrong (I think).

However...

Kinetic Manipulation grants 19% Physical Damage Resistance and 78% RANGED Physical Damage resistance.

Earth Form grants 25% Physical Damage Resistance and 104% Crushing Damage Resistance.

So it seems in the spirit of some to most Force Tree powers, the protection and usefulness granted by this passive is situational at best.:rolleyes:
    edited October 2013
    Well, I did say that I wanted it to have 7-8 slots, and one of the weapons replaced with something less powerful.

Yes, you did and 8 slots plus one of the top weapons puts it right on par with the Widow and Desert Fox which cost 200 salvage a piece. So that would be something that can drop from one box that has the same value as something that costs as many as 100 lockboxes to acquire (though usually less). Having as many fewer upgrade slots as it does mitigates this.

Of course if the drop rate is as low as the Martinez seems to be it may not matter. I've gone through over 450 lockboxes on Live server and not seen that one drop yet.
    edited October 2013
    Earth Form with my Earth Build is fantastic, I really love being able to hit hard with Earth Powers and stay in theme! :biggrin:

*Insert Generic Promo Ad Voice*

Now I can! With the new and improved: Earth Form! Buy Today!!!

:tongue:

In all seriousness I am loving this passive, I really cannot wait to revive my Earth Build!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    After playing around with Earth for a bit I am thinking there was good reason this passive was not released.

The snare does not belong on an offensive passive, it belongs on a support or tank passive.

Echoing the problems with it when compared to Kinetic Manipulation, it's the same passive but significantly better.

pas.jpg
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kaizerin wrote: »
    After playing around with Earth for a bit I am thinking there was good reason this passive was not released.

The snare does not belong on an offensive passive, it belongs on a support or tank passive.

Echoing the problems with it when compared to Kinetic Manipulation, it's the same passive but significantly better.

pas.jpg

You are comparing it to Kinetic Manipulation.

One of the weakest Offensive passives there is.

What you should be saying:

With the new Earth form, can we have the comparable Kinetic Manipulation be brought in line with this new passive?

EDIT: I will say however, that the resistances in Earth form would be best brought down to KM's scaling, which isn't too big of a difference.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Every uber rare lockbox vehicle should have 8 slots. If they are afraid of making Drifter vehicles from being low par in comparison, they can let us purchase the weapons directly.
    edited October 2013
    Every uber rare lockbox vehicle should have 8 slots. If they are afraid of making Drifter vehicles from being low par in comparison, they can let us purchase the weapons directly.

STO has a model that seems successful for it. The lockbox vehicles are good, very good, but clearly not better than the ships we can directly buy. Granted we can buy them with actual zen but still I'd like to see CO take that same route as opposed to gating its better items behind an RNG, it's best items behind tokens claimed from playing the RNG a set number of times and practically throwaway items in the same class being put on the zen store for direct buy.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    R.I.P Kinetic Manipulation

I hardly knew ya!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited October 2013
    Who's got two thumbs and just spawned and just opened 3000 lockboxes?
    Alternate title: Who's dumb enough to spend the last four hours clicking and clicking and clicking and clicking?

My new lockbox post is up here. Click the link for my commentary.
    New box:
    takofanes2-2.jpg

Old box:
    takofanes2.jpg

As LordGar said, the drop rates have been adjusted, and the new vehicle has been added. Some equipment that appears to have been forgotten originally is now there. And there's a new goodie box added to each box with a random buff in it.
    Who's got two thumbs and just spawned and just opened 3000 lockboxes?
    Alternate title: Who's dumb enough to spend the last four hours clicking and clicking and clicking and clicking?

My new lockbox post is up here. Click the link for my commentary.

As LordGar said, the drop rates have been adjusted, and the new vehicle has been added. Some equipment that appears to have been forgotten originally is now there. And there's a new goodie box added to each box with a random buff in it.

You are absolutely mad as a hatter. Much respect.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bird wings on females are still not attached to the back.

I updated my damage resistance/dodge document a bit, it can handle stacking EM now and has some more output: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c40qi29ta7doovg/damage%20calc.xlsx
    edited October 2013
    Do you really want to make something that is blatantly the best item chance based as opposed to possibly something people can amass a currency for and buy outright?

Eh, even if it went 4/2/2 I wouldn't call the Nightwing the best of it's kind.

It's actually pretty fragile - 6.5k HP - and even if it were to go 3/2/2 would probably require running a shield full time if you want to grav pulse/incin things to death without constant withdrawal. Right now, its more or less a not-as-good-looking Centurion with a better weapon loadout (significantly better if Mk II actually gets fixed to do Mk II damage - Edit: nevermind, it works fine), and it should really be at least at the level of the Mantis if it's going to be the top reward in the box at what looks like a 0.5% reward rate.
    STO has a model that seems successful for it. The lockbox vehicles are good, very good, but clearly not better than the ships we can directly buy. Granted we can buy them with actual zen but still I'd like to see CO take that same route as opposed to gating its better items behind an RNG, it's best items behind tokens claimed from playing the RNG a set number of times and practically throwaway items in the same class being put on the zen store for direct buy.

All good points. The bigger underlying issue is that CO simply blew it on multiple levels when they implemented vehicles. When you take a close look at what the mods and weapons are supposed to do - along with the prototype Command ship - it's pretty clear that someone was thinking Sky Command was going to be a neat new expansion to the game and that it would drive vehicle sales.

Instead, we're left with 4-5 effective mods (many of which have one or more powers that aren't working right), 4-5 effective weapons, and maybe 8 or 9 vehicles that are worth owning in very specific configs.

Combine that with the simply awful returns on the Tank and Grav lockboxes (a 50% chance to get 75 I or 50 II vehicle mods, what a deal!) and it's amazing to me that there are actually a significant number of Avalanches and Hawks in the game. The secondary tanks and bikes in those boxes aren't particularly good either.

The point on where the STO lockbox ships fall in their spectrum is interesting. One thought might be to add some lower-reward lockbox ships with interesting 3/1 and 1/3 defense/support configs. The Orphie is the only ship that currently falls into that category, and can do some fun things when configured creatively. Fixing the mods and fixing Sky Command might be a better use of dev time, though.

Most of what's in the Z Store should be junked, though, and perhaps replaced with the harder-to-find weapons.

And more discussion on this topic should probably be in a different thread, although if the devs want to add a 3/1 or 1/3 vehicle in this box, feel free. :)
    edited October 2013
    aiqa wrote: »
    Bird wings on females are still not attached to the back.

I updated my damage resistance/dodge document a bit, it can handle stacking EM now and has some more output: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c40qi29ta7doovg/damage%20calc.xlsx

^ This. Can we please get this wing issue looked into? It doesn't look too nice at all and with the new wing sliders...I really want to enjoy Alara's insanely bright wings :biggrin:
    edited October 2013
    kaizerin wrote: »

pas.jpg

Ego/Con/Int (315, 203, 203 respectively)

9% crit chance

102.8% severity

Ego/Vindicator/Guardian/Ego Mastery

Earth Form @ Rank 3 + Concentration @ 8 stacks (Earth Form = 96% damage boost. Concentration granted me 13% per stack)

Cave In on full charge was hitting my target on crit for 8-11k. 10k on Super Villain Dummies and 11k on lvl 40 dummies.

Hitting above 11k was with an Active Offensive (namely Ego Surge).

I am don't think there is an issue with those numbers, I just think it was a shock for me personally, since I had never tried running an offensive Earth Toon before.

I quite liked the snare until I thought of 2GM being used with this passive...it makes thematic sense, but perhaps something else could be given to the passive instead of this snare?

(And from what I could tell the snare DOES double up with Stone Shroud's snare.)
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm not much of a numbers guy so just getting that out of the way first.

But cosmetically I love the Earth Form. And as far as theme would go I could see it being put on The Soldier AT the dirt aura looks a lot like camouflage. At least on my machine...
  • radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Grav Pulse II is a great idea. Unfortunately, in testing it does the exact same damage as Grav Pulse I, so that's going to need to be fixed.

When I tested GP1 vs GP2, they were behaving correctly. Were you comparing their damage when slotted in different vehicles?
    edited October 2013
    Speaking of Vehicles, do you know if The Grav Bike Widow's 10% from being a Drifter Store Vehicle will work properly now?
  • radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Speaking of Vehicles, do you know if The Grav Bike Widow's 10% from being a Drifter Store Vehicle will work properly now?

That's somewhere in the pile of recent fixes, but I'm not sure if that came in before or after our last live push.
    edited October 2013
    When I tested GP1 vs GP2, they were behaving correctly. Were you comparing their damage when slotted in different vehicles?

Argh, you're right, I'm wrong. Sorry. This is what I get for eyeballing widow versus demonwing in the 2 minutes before bed after I'd opened 300 chests.

Actual numbers when slotted in the same vehicle:

501/407 demonwing
    545/450 widow
    682/570 orphie
    597/500 desert fox

Orphie and desert fox test vehicles have some damage mods mounted, demonwing and widow did not - didn't have a chance to pull them for a true apples to apples as PTS was about to come down when I saw this post. Numbers are slightly inconsistent as the pulse varies a bit on base damage tick to tick.

So, 20% increase MK I vs MK II. Not bad.

If you or someone else has an extra Hawk sitting around that you wouldn't mind lending me on PTS, I'm happy to run a full comparison. I'm going to open a few hundred grav bike boxes to get one when I have time, but it'd speed things up.
  • variatasvariatas Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2013

As far as I know, to make the STO comparison, the Lockbox ships are roughly on-par with the Lobi Crystal ships, and both are -slightly- inferior to Fleet ships, which we have no parallel to. Some of them *cough* Galor, ARE in fact, superior to the ships that you can buy without Fleet access.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Any chance of fixing Telekinetic Maelstrom if you haven't fix it yet?
    Even on "Max physics Debris objects" slider on ZERO! it spams the same amount of Debris when used on Multiply Enemies (if it hit Objects, you can say goodbye to your Framrate), causing lag and FPS kill to the user and the players! :frown:
    Seriously this power is efficient but cause tons of LAG because it bypass the physics Debris objects slider!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!