test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20130824.16 PTS Update

124»

Comments

• radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for catching those Become Device issues.
  • zer0x0nezer0x0ne Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So, just so I understand correctly, we're buffing become devices, while simultaneously nerfing actual player builds? Do I have that correct?

"I would be curious of your circles because I know I've never heard of you.​​" - championshewolf
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for catching those Become Device issues.

My pleasure :wink:

Thanks to lafury and blueionstormz for lending the devices for me to test!
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    With minor variance with crit and dodge chances in some devices.

Cyber Ninja's passive [Ninja Reflexes] says:

[Ninja Reflexes] - Increases Dodge by 12,750% and your Avoidance by 50% while also granting an additional 153 Avoidance Rating. Whenever you are hit your chance to dodge increases slightly. Dodging will reset this escalating bonus. Also increases damage resistance against all DoTs by 50%.

^ That is what the tooltip says. :biggrin:

So that's why dodge chances are getting adjusted. Stupid cyber ninjas have to ruin everything.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited October 2013
    So that's why dodge chances are getting adjusted. Stupid cyber ninjas have to ruin everything.

Weeeeeeeeeell...on LIVE it has about 40% dodge chance or something so, it's quite a buff LOL

I reckon it should probably be adjusted to 65% dodge or 60% dodge if they are going to use base LR for it.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey, as long as we're looking at Become device bugs, the Invulnerability passive on Become Ancient Lemurian Armor is bugged, it's damage resistance percentage appears to function normally, but the flat absorption is set to zero against all damage, or that portion of the power isn't scaling up from anything properly or something.

Invulnerability passive in Become Teal Lemurian Power Armor
    Damage resistance percentage works fine and seems to scale appropriately.
    Flat Reduction mitigation always shows zero and does not work.
    This occurs everywhere, anytime the device is on.

Originally reported here. Tested on the Teal one I own, but I think it affects the purple one as well.
  • ruprechtvandoom1ruprechtvandoom1 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Dinosaur Suit is the best thing ever since sliced bread. I can't wait for this!
    edited October 2013
    zer0x0ne wrote: »
    So, just so I understand correctly, we're buffing become devices, while simultaneously nerfing actual player builds? Do I have that correct?

Become Devices on LIVE are pretty much useless to be perfectly honest, these changes make them more competent and almost on the same level (damage wise) as some players.

I mean for example, Lemurian Power Armor and Cyber Ninja kick some serious booty with these changes, so does Black Talon.

Vampire is also considerably better.

I applaud these changes, hopefully the numbers I have provided will be view-able by all those who read the forums OR when the patch comes out, a blog post incorporating the numbers I put up is available to go with the patch, alongside an explanation of the new lockbox in town. Preferably with a picture of Iris Irregular in Dinosaur Costume for Halloween. :biggrin:
    edited October 2013
    iamrune wrote: »
    Hey, as long as we're looking at Become device bugs, the Invulnerability passive on Become Ancient Lemurian Armor is bugged, it's damage resistance percentage appears to function normally, but the flat absorption is set to zero against all damage, or that portion of the power isn't scaling up from anything properly or something.

Invulnerability passive in Become Teal Lemurian Power Armor
    Damage resistance percentage works fine and seems to scale appropriately.
    Flat Reduction mitigation always shows zero and does not work.
    This occurs everywhere, anytime the device is on.

Originally reported here. Tested on the Teal one I own, but I think it affects the purple one as well.

I got those along with some others >>here<< :smile:

All that remains of course are the fixes and a patch for us to test them in before hitting LIVE I think. :biggrin:
  • kentekokenteko Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A few bugs I've noticed while testing some powers on an alt:

1) Energy Storm seems to be ignoring Chilled for the moment. After layering on Lingering Flames, Negative Ions, and Chilled, using Consume Energy (to a single target or AOE) will not "eat" Chilled but will eat Negative Ions and Lingering Flames. Weather the Storm is not active, but it has been ranked up three times. On an AOE, it consumes all instances of lingering flames/negative ions as normal. If Chilled is the only flag on it, you will gain Infused Energy and Crit Severity will be boosted, but Chilled will not be consumed. Tested with Rimefire Burst, Frost Breath (With advantage), Flashfire, and Thunderstrike.

2) Consume Energy doesn't seem to be going on a cooldown when you consume the Infused Energy buff with Unleashed Tempest as long as something has been drained. Have been unable to reproduce it reliably going on cooldown save for draining and immediately reusing it. Will go on cooldown if you drain (either draining something or nothing at all) and do not use Unleashed Tempest.

3) No matter how many flags you drain (Lingering Flames/Negative Ions/etc) you will always get two buffs of Infused Energy from a single target. AOE you always get one per (may be intentional).

4) Laser Knight is now showing up on a tooltip or the like. It claims to give defense but defense is completely unmodified nor is the defense damage reduction % changing.

5) Blazing Body (Immolation advantage) is simply not working. Using Immolation still grants the appropriate boost (Rank 2, Blazing Body specced)

Quick edit:

6) Sudden Strike seems to be not working or at least, isn't showing anything at all. With testing (Smoke Bomb Lunge into Reaper's Caress) and zero focus, no damage difference seems to come up on a crit. Severity tooltip is not being modified and damage variance would be around ~20 (with Caress crits normally hitting for 750ish). Regenerating dummies were swapped to smoke bomb lunge so Expose Weakness would not change the result.
    edited October 2013
    kenteko wrote: »
    A few bugs I've noticed while testing some powers on an alt:

1) Energy Storm seems to be ignoring Chilled for the moment. After layering on Lingering Flames, Negative Ions, and Chilled, using Consume Energy (to a single target or AOE) will not "eat" Chilled but will eat Negative Ions and Lingering Flames. Weather the Storm is not active, but it has been ranked up three times. On an AOE, it consumes all instances of lingering flames/negative ions as normal. If Chilled is the only flag on it, you will gain Infused Energy and Crit Severity will be boosted, but Chilled will not be consumed. Tested with Rimefire Burst, Frost Breath (With advantage), Flashfire, and Thunderstrike.

2) Consume Energy doesn't seem to be going on a cooldown when you consume the Infused Energy buff with Unleashed Tempest as long as something has been drained. Have been unable to reproduce it reliably going on cooldown save for draining and immediately reusing it. Will go on cooldown if you drain (either draining something or nothing at all) and do not use Unleashed Tempest.

3) No matter how many flags you drain (Lingering Flames/Negative Ions/etc) you will always get two buffs of Infused Energy from a single target. AOE you always get one per (may be intentional).

1) Yes, I can confirm this, it's being a little weird, it will happily absorb other status effects but not chilled. But you will still benefit from Chilled.

2) Again, I can confirm this, I was testing a new build and noticed this. It seemed to be, at first only when draining multiple targets, but I have occasionally managed to get it when on a single target.

3) Hmm..I only got more than one charge of Infused Energy when hitting more than one target. The weird thing I noted was that the AoE component of the power was a bit strange, the AoE would detonate on some random target BEHIND me.
  • kentekokenteko Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    1)
    3) Hmm..I only got more than one charge of Infused Energy when hitting more than one target. The weird thing I noted was that the AoE component of the power was a bit strange, the AoE would detonate on some random target BEHIND me.

Nevermind, I figured out what it was. The boxes around the Regenerating Test Dummies serve as targets so Energy Storm trips them and grants the two buffs. My bad. Should probably move those around so it doesn't bloat figures or the like for testing (like maybe put the boxes in the middle so people can use them if they want).
  • zer0x0nezer0x0ne Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Become Devices on LIVE are pretty much useless to be perfectly honest, these changes make them more competent and almost on the same level (damage wise) as some players.
    Become devices should never be anywhere near the damage level of an actual build.

"I would be curious of your circles because I know I've never heard of you.​​" - championshewolf
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Become devices cost as much as Archetypes. While I agree that they shouldn't equal top-end, or even high-end builds, they should at least equal moderately-equipped ATs.
    gradii wrote: »
    becomes are supposed to be toys

This is a video game that we're talking about. By definition, everything in it is a toy.
    So I was trying to figure out if defense really is better then dodge now. Falchoin already showed for a low defense and dodge build, getting the defense/health justice gear is a better choice. And for a low defense high dodge build the dodge items are better.
    So that left out the high defense low dodge builds.

For this example I used my heavy weapons tank build.

Dodge gear:
    Health 10936
    Invulnerability 78%
    Defiance 19%
    Grit 9%
    Defense 353.3 83%
    Dodge chance 27.7%
    Avoidance 43.8%
    With Masterful dodge (44sec cooldown)
    Avoidance 62.3%

These numbers is the total average base damage she can take before dying, I didn't take into account the flat damage reduction from invulnerability here, that doesn't really matter for this. Also, I didn't take into account stacking EM, I might do that later if I feel like it.

dodge gear: 35969
    dodge gear and EM: 40399
    dodge gear and MD: 44662
    dodge gear and EM and MD: 49065

Defense/Health gear:
    Health 11489
    Invulnerability 78%
    Defiance 19%
    Grit 9%
    Defense 435 102%
    Dodge chance 10%
    Avoidance 20%
    Masterful dodge (44sec cooldown)
    Avoidance 52.9%

defense/health gear: 36108
    defense/health gear and EM: 37805
    defense/health gear and MD: 43877
    defense/health gear and EM and MD: 45514

If someone wants to play around with dodge and resistance numbers some more, here is the excel document I used for this.
    edited October 2013
    Become devices should never be anywhere near the damage level of an actual build.

You forget, Become Devices do not benefit from cool down reduction or gear, their stats are fixed and not optimized.

In terms of damage out put SOME devices are around player level, however in terms of survival most suffer greatly.

The only ones I personally have seen a resurgence in particular usefulness are:

Vampire

Werewolf

so far, note though, both have Regeneration Passive.

I think in terms of damage Lemurian Power Armor is hitting 4k with Magic Cannon and can crit for around 415 per tick with Magic Beam, I am also liking Cyber Ninja and Black Talon's Damage output.

Overall, I think become devices are where they should be (excluding Ninja Reflexes), however those with a higher dodge chance would likely compare to a player with similar passive excluding any dodge gear. It also makes them more useful for PvE content, sure they aren't going to be tanking Gravitar anytime soon or becoming severely OP in PvP or even largely competent for that matter, but they will allow players to effectively use become devices to complement their builds if they so desire.

With the values and damage output that the Devices currently have I can safely say I will likely be investing in some for myself, even if it is just for a change of build in some instances.

Note: Become Devices do not even come close to any top end builds. AT ALL. They are more likely to be compared with a reasonably equipped Archetype, using Mercenary or Heroic Gear perhaps using rank 5's or rank 6's. I maintain that aside from Ninja Reflexes on Cybernetic Ninja, there is NOTHING wrong with Become Devices in their current form.

That being said I am still to test Become Djinn, I suspect however that the values will fall somewhere in the same range as they currently do on average for Become Devices. (I cannot remember what passive it uses)
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2013

And they will never be. They have no spec trees, they have no gear, no mods.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    6k Crit on plasma beam...

Wow I must be missing something with my 200-300. Six thousand damage? That's just wrong.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited October 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    I've NEVER seen plasma beam crit for more than 600 a tick with a RANGED DPS BUILT PA TOON.

why should a lemurian power armor crit for nearly as much as most optimized glass cannon builds? (450-500)???!

1) It was a crit.

2) I was using Concentration

3) Remember it has 76.9% Critical Severity

4) The Magic Beam it has is Rank 3 Plasma Beam

5) I was in ranged role

It is not difficult to get those numbers if you build for it. The device itself has 4 powers, 1 passive and a stupidly counterproductive power (Containment Field). So with just 4 real powers (if you forget block), a passive and a travel power, not to mention an "apply 50% damage nerf to self" power and no heals, I'd say it would last considerably less compared to even an average DPS toon.

Considering it is not an actual build and will not outshine your average DPS...what is the issue again?
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    MOST players aren't aware of how to effectively use the BECOME COMMAND LEADER ROBOT.

Here is what you get for not having a passive:
    -you can fire off powers #4,5, & 6 ... and, if you are within Energy Builder range, your EB keeps firing (without any anim) gaining energy.
    -fire off almost any single and some combination powers ... then BLOCK. Your toggles/maintains/chargeups continue to fire WHILE using your R3 Block. Your EB will not be firing, however.

Sure, it's a different mechanic than having an actual PASSIVE and one that takes getting used to. Especially in finding the effective power combos + block.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's worth noting that even the squishiest of passives (AoED, AoPM, AoAC, etc) can benefit more from dodge/avoid Justice gear so long as they're using Evasive Maneuvers. Even at rank 1 the dodge buff is just enough to push the numbers slightly in favor of dodge gear.

It seems a good rule of thumb when deciding whether to use dodge gear is if your build has Evasive Maneuvers. Use EM? Use dodge gear!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]