test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The top 5 things YOU feel need to be fixed/improved in 2013!

124»

Comments

• agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Let me just express how thankful I am to everyone that has expressed sincere top-5 lists so far in this thread. It's an easier-to-read format, and something most software developers would go nuts to have: continuous feedback with prioritization ranking and explanations.

If at any time you wish to revise your lists after reading what others wrote, or as new announcements from the devs indicate changes, please feel free to do so. I continue to encourage open-minded critical thinking.

So here's to a highly involved community that cares and doesn't give up:
    *cheers mates!*

:smile:
    ruuki wrote: »
    1. The damn targeting!
    No matter what options you set it to, it's still never as good as it should be.

You know... I said this on day one, but what's actually the problem are the camera defaults.

I recommend adopting something more akin to FPS game control

ruuki wrote: »
    Don't make the nemesis clues so scarce.

Actually, they aren't. I think you're doing it inefficiently.

But you have to be in an open Zone area and absorbing those "boost" sprites (red one is bonus damage, blue one is energy gain, green one is hitpoints healing, and the yellow one is bonus defense).

The best ways to get nemesis clues in a hurry?

First use the Boost Booster device/consumable, this will have an a chance to create an additional boost sprite every time you touch one.

Second, break stuff with an AoE at one of these locations (from fastest to slower):
    1. Wooden crates around Juryrig's garage/lab (Vibora Bay)
    2. Eggs around Andrithal, also a good place to farm for R5 mods (Monster Island)
    3. Chairs around the RenCen

With an active nemesis, you'll get those clues faster from squads of minions appearing much MUCH more.

Keep in mind that once you get a clue and run that mission, the minion spawn chance is reduced greatly for about 12 hours. So typically do one a day.

I've probably cycled my nemesis completely on my main character 30 times or more since playing this game.
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1. lack of quality content delivery
    2. lack of bug fixes
    3. lack of people who care about this game
    4. I don't know that there is a 4 or 5
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can see that this works, but it is just such a sad, sad way to get extra Nemesis action. Never knew that super villains cared about the wanton destruction of patio furniture by the "good guys" :frown:
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Actually, they aren't. I think you're doing it inefficiently.

But you have to be in an open Zone area and absorbing those "boost" sprites (red one is bonus damage, blue one is energy gain, green one is hitpoints healing, and the yellow one is bonus defense).

The best ways to get nemesis clues in a hurry?

Second, break stuff with an AoE at one of these locations (from fastest to slower):
    1. Wooden crates around Juryrig's garage/lab (Vibora Bay)
    2. Eggs around Andrithal, also a good place to farm for R5 mods (Monster Island)
    3. Chairs around the RenCen
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ruukiruuki Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I can see that this works, but it is just such a sad, sad way to get extra Nemesis action. Never knew that super villains cared about the wanton destruction of patio furniture by the "good guys" :frown:

Totally agree! I mean you honestly don't have to do it that way. From what I understand, you can just play through the game. Upon picking up an orb, your nemesis minions spawn and drop a clue. This applies from anything, not only from destroying furniture :biggrin: But they drop from enemies as well (be it slower than the furniture trick.) I've also found clues from Nemesis alerts.

I just wish there were other ways to incorporate your nemesis. Hell, I'd even be happy if the Commissioner in front of the police station gave out dailies that actually involved your nemesis.
  • rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1. Stop making things temporary and limited time offer like Takofanes Lockboxes, Mountain/Cursed Grab Bags, Celestials, Legion Gear and no I'm not buying them for ridiculous prices from people.

2. Do something about the random crashes

3. Fix the non-account wide unlocking costumes already (talking about the recognition ones especially).

4. GMs present to answer tickets and resolve conflicts

5. Making Nemesis in Nemesis alerts immune to knocks
    edited March 2013
    ...Legion Gear and no I'm not buying them for ridiculous prices from people...

Just to help with understanding, the market price is what it is for a variety of factors:
    • Limited and decreasing supply. Even the Takofanes boxes themselves are now 10g each!
    • The odds are terrible. The vast majority of what you get from opening the boxes are rank 3 and 4 mods. Legion gear is a rare jackpot.
    • Silvers are capped to 250g. This means the market you can sell to is restricted as well. Silvers willl have to trade for these gear items using other expensive items or Cosmic Keys as a fiat currency. The only people who can afford them off the AH (which is scam exploit free, safer) are Gold or LTS members.
    • Exceedingly high demand. While the improvement over Heroic gear is actually minor, it still is in fact the best gear in the game. The best gear is always the most expensive in any MMO's economy.

In short what I'm saying is don't blame the sellers (I'm not saying you were, I'm just cautioning everyone here from thinking like that) for setting the prices high. Most of my characters use Heroic gear and R5 mods and they do awesome, only my main character gets the Legion gear and the R8 mods.
  • faaarkfaaark Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1: Have access to pre-On Alert! costume pieces and devices. Especially the Power Replacer costume pieces.

2: Fix existing older costume pieces that are clipping excessively with the skin layer (Gladiater bracer, Martial Arts Gi etc.)

3: New animations for Unarmed Martial Arts

4: Fix old PvE content.

5: That this game is still running. :D
  • narf#9213 narf Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1) Foundry. All MMOs need more content. Give the players the ability to do complete story arcs, like the comic missions or the adventure packs, including the ability to use existing outdoor zones. The game has a lot of creative folks in the community, and would draw even more such people in with the addition of the Foundry.

2) New Zones: I'd go for the Moon and Hudson Bay, but it really doesn't matter what zones are added. New zones could be leveraged by the Foundry users and by having mission arcs in multiple level ranges like Vibora Bay.

Also, put interesting things to explore in ALL the zones. I was sitting on one of the statues in the Renn Center the other day, and although it looked pretty generic, I hopped down to see if it was a statue of anyone in particular. But there was no plaque to read. Waste of a statue, right there. Put stuff to reward exploration in game. Lore stuff. Quirky stuff that's not related to quests per se, but just environmental. I logged into DCUO the other night to check it out. I took a rooftop sightseeing trip and found a jumper on a ledge to talk down. Little things like that are cool. Cooler when tied to the huge amount of lore this setting has available. Small rewards are good here. Costume pieces, trophies for your lair, etc.

Each zone should come not only with quests, but with new lairs, including those tuned for level 40 play.

3) Hideout revamp: Hideouts should be much more customizable. Story arcs, adventure packs, and comic series should reward trophies we can chose to display in our hideouts. (I'd change the name, too. We're heroes, not criminals...sheesh.) You can add customization to the Z store, to the lockboxes, and monetize it. People love this stuff and will pay for it. Not just furnishings and trophies, but functionality like crafting (modding) labs, auction house access (day trading for your wealth alter ego) etc. (Those are the only ones I can think of offhand. The game doesn't have a lot of subsystems that require you to walk up to them in world to use.)

Also: Supergroup Hideouts.

4) Alert overhaul: Either fix scaling in alerts so that lower level players can perform adequately, create alerts tailored to lower levels and queue them to those until they level, or simply bar lower level characters from Alerts. Alerts are a great addition, and one that gets used a lot, but they're also a major source of valid complaints and frustrations. That goes both for the higher level players failing alerts loaded with lowbies and for the new player who doesn't understand why this feature isn't fun for them because they keep face planting. Some longer alerts with a little more focus on story and slightly better rewards than what we have now would be a welcomed addition too. Those could go into their own category.

5) GIVE US MORE THINGS TO BUY: Add new costume pieces and fix tailoring bugs. There are a lot of glaring omissions in the costume creator. Where's my mechanic's toolbelt for my gadgeteer? Why can't she wear most of the belts with her Golden Age skirt? Why can't I find matching textures for tops, bottoms, and boots/gloves for many of the texture options? There's an extensive thread on tailor bugs and bugged costume pieces. Make this system work properly, and make more costume pieces to sell us! Take our money, please!

Same thing goes for power sets, though these obviously take up more resources. There should still be at least one or two new power sets produced each year. Sell the ATs to pay for them.

Revamping the hideouts would give you a whole new category of bling to sell in the store.

Character customization is this game's claim to fame. With the death of CoH/V, you've got the market cornered on character appearance customization. Character build customization is only reached by DDO of the games that I know of. Leverage your strengths, and give people stuff to buy.

Bug fixes didn't make the list, because they should be doing these anyway. I'm not convinced that they aren't doing them so much as they're doing them slowly, perhaps at a rate that's outpaced by the introduction of new bugs. If Cryptic takes advantage of opportunities the framework they already have in place presents to make more money from the game, perhaps they'll invest some of that in more bug fixes.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. The Foundry. Obviously content is not being produced by the developers, it would be much simpler to share the ability to make content with the user base. You will have far fewer complaints.

2. Do SOMETHING with the Nemesis system. Countless suggestions have been made to improve this half-baked joke of a system. We're tired of creating something that has 3 boring dialogue scripts, lame cookie-cutter minions, and incomplete power options... just to do the same series of missions that only fit one kind of cheesy and lame villain. The only motivation to do these is to get heirloom gear- which you could just as easily distribute in other ways.

3. Start selling costume sets. Not lockboxes with a chance to get one half-baked and broken piece.

4. Stop worrying about the clipping issues in the tailor and let us do what we want.

5. Overhaul the appearances of about 50% of the mobs. Way too easy to give the game a new look.
  • spacer6spacer6 Posts: 48
    edited August 2013
    My opinion....

1) I will ask cryptic to give a limited power-color change for silvers. Like 5 colors....(just a request think about it, some silvers might be happy about it)

2) As in previous posts FOUNDRY

3) New EMOTE (Like hugging-require two players though, might be gud actually)

4) A new power-set

5) A new costume set for silvers ;D
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1) THE

2) WHOLE

3) DAMN

4) THING

5) BROTHER

MegaPowers2.jpg

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The things I would like to see been fixed/improved :

1. Fix the broken/bugged powers,
    So we can finally know which power works how and what and why.

2. Fix the broken/bugged missions,
    Latest example : Fatal Error Cyberlord.

3. Fix the Nemesis Creation :
    Yes really, how come it's not yet fixed?

4. Remove the lockboxes :
    These things are worse than a Qularr invasion !

5. A new playable zone :
    I wouldn't mind a lvl 40 new zone but I think it's really time to show some creativity with a new area, new mobs, new drops, etc...
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1) The entire Crowd Control system. Player Powers and Resistances, NPC Powers and Resistances, Gear, and tiered HP system.

2) Enemy AI. Make them smarter and use more diverse powers (Heals, Blocks, Crowd Control, and Movement)

3) Developer listening. I am over asking them to talk.. but they could at least listen when people more adept tell them something does not work and should not be implemented.

4) Server Space. It is apparent that CO has experienced tons of content removal with the addition of Neverwinter and Star Trek's expansion. They need to increase the server space even if there are not players to stop rubber-banding, disconnects and content.

5) Players. Champions Online needs better players. Much of the experience of the player-base has quit with much rage. They needed those players to stay, and should find a way to entice them back. I put this last on the priority because until they improve the above listed they truly haven't earned the right to ask for disgruntled players business.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My list is as follows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwhbE

(worksafe)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1) Player count caps increased / removed in potential social areas (Caprice, personal bases).

2) Support for a wider range of female body types (i.e. a waist slider that actually works and the option for actual bulky builds).

3) Costume contest admin functions (schedule, kick, etc) in theatre.

4) More Nemesis personality types (its just dialogue really, but it would be nice).

5) Ability to change color on vehicles to what you want.

Pie-in-the-sky-wish: A selection of missions where you get to run around *as* your nemesis using "become power" style code (swapping you to the appropriate appearance, minions, and baked in powers) and set up schemes that you'll then need to resolve later with your hero.
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013

all I ask is to keep the game 'live'

I enjoy playing it regularly.....and would be sad if the servers went the way of CoH.

The trouble is that everyone solos this game because it's so easy and they don't miss out on rewards, which sort of defeats the point of it being an MMO. Having a healthy amount of content requiring cooperative play is what builds up in game friendships with new people and leads to a more productive and vibrant playerbase. Just say "yes" to minimum team sizes!

Why cant people, you know, just form friendships? Why must they be forced to team with each other?

The way it looks, it looks like not many as thought is either not interested in teaming or just not coming across others that are interested in teaming. Being forced to team don't build friendship or add productivity. It usually adds disgruntleness of "Dang, now I have to put up with this troll because we need 4 and he's the last guy that seem to want to do this particular set of missions at this time. I can either wait for days trying to get better people and hope people eventually be interested or deal with this troll so I can finally get it done?" Right now it's solo friendly yes, but that means people are not forced to deal with people they don't want to deal with. Multiplayer don't necessarily mean, "must team".

I had a friend put it in what I thought as first was a strange way but after dwelling on it, he do have a point. He said, "I play the game because I like the game. That doesn't mean I should have to like the people and be forced to have to deal with them."

But even in comic super hero lore especially, most heroes stand on their own, fight on their own, and go down their own path. Here and there, they might team up for special occasions, but each of even the Avengers have their own story line and series where they were the main heroes, (at least Ironman, Hulk, Thor,) and didn't need to go grab 3-5 buddies anytime and everytime they felt like fighting crime.

The option to team and form those friendships are already there. It's up to the players to use it. If they choose to not use it, then that is their choice but shouldn't mean that the choice to solo, especially in a small populated game such as this, should be taken away.

Although I think the teaming forming method in this game could use some work to make it easier to form a team and go.

"I'm an all powerful hero buuuuut I cant fight anything unless I have 5 buddies with me." Don't sound very super hero to me.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    37763807.jpg

1: bugs and glitches, especially gameplay and tailor based.
    2: Fix rewards across the board, lairs to pvp.
    3: unlock the tailor.
    4: nemesis system.
    5: pvp queues.

I'm not asking for much, right?
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Of course, now that 2013 is over half gone, I get the urge to jump in on this. Let's call this my top 5 list for the next 12 months, then.

1: Communication that measures up to the standards of Cryptic Studios as a company, regardless of CO's population. It looks an awful lot like our community is too small to matter to you. Whether that's true or not, that's the perception. "That would take away from development time" can't be an excuse. That just tells everybody that your staff is either too small, poorly allocated, or not living up to the standard. Once again, for the record, it has now been one year, two months since our last State of the Game Address. STO has had five in that time frame.

2: Upgrade to the latest version of Cryptic Engine, and use that time to go on a bug hunt. Time and again, we've been told that we're running into technical limitations that prevent new features from being added or bugs from being fixed. Meanwhile, we see STO and NW running full speed ahead with gameplay features and graphical optimizations. If this game is to grow, it cannot do so on the oldest version of the engine in production. It may be a small job. It may be a large job. The existing scripts may be so old and/or crappy, you have to start all over with a blank project, re-import (and index!) all the art assets, and rewrite the scripts. Any way you slice it, it needs to be done. Resist the urge to add new things while you're in there. Fix, rebuild, refine where necessary, but finish that job and make it a sturdy new foundation for what's to come.

3: Foundry, because it fits this game better than any other MMO out there. This isn't just about feature disparity within Cryptic. We've embraced the creativity afforded us by the character creator and the freeform power system. Honestly, without this much creative depth, CO might not have gotten off the ground, because it would have been seen as a shiny, shallow rip-off of City of Heroes. It sets this game apart from its competitors. And why not? Comic books and superheroes offer the brightest, broadest canvas of any MMO genre. You've seen our rosters, and you've been to our costume contests. You know this. This may sound brash, but I think we'll do greater things with the CO Foundry than STO and NW players have.

4: Rejuvenate the Nemesis system by using Foundry's power. Once we create a Nemesis, we can use Foundry to build better instanced missions. We can escape the straight-jacket of the three existing personalities. And not every villain wants to build a death ray. Nemesis and Foundry go hand-in-hand, don't they?

5: Give new characters a second post-tutorial path. The Westside redesign was one step forward, two steps back. Keeping players near the hub of RenCen was an improvement over scattering everybody to the Desert or Canada. Forcing every alt through the same damn Purple Gang mission chain every damn time was bad enough on its face. But it's the secondary effect, encouraging players looking for an alternative leveling path into Smash Alerts, that made things worse. Smash alerts are the best for leveling, but they're the worst for combining high- and low-level characters. Remember your CoH "shiny city/grungy city" roots, and carve out a 6-12 area in City Center. Or, if you're finally ready for that eastern expansion on the other side of Downtown, push some of the high-level Downtown content into the new area, and give new toons the option of playing in the rebuilt area they just saw all tore up by the Qularr in the tutorial.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • gunsang1gunsang1 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Short and sweet.

1. The Foundry. Seriously, get it. A lot of creativity here could addict the players more.

2. Something to work towards... like a SG base. Something to settle our grindy gears or a place for the actual SG location and feel like a part of the group--not just a name-tag stuck to people after signing some papers in the Champion's Headquarters.

3. World Bosses - Make it so a person receives a cool down for rewards so they can't farm things on their own timers for X amount of hours. This will solve a lot of problems with people hogging them or keeping them dead.

4. Remove the "report spam" thing. It's stupid. Just get people to file ACTUAL reports instead of abusing an automatic system. The player-base doesn't need to be spoon fed, and your automatic system is already receiving a lot of flack. I haven't even had a single problem with it, though I do recommend you drop it.

5. New Zones. Some of us who have been here a long time are really looking for a new and huge zone to travel to and breathe.
  • shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1. Foundry
    This has been a long recurring request dating from before the acquisition of Cryptic by Perfect World. Making the CO Foundry a reality would quiet down most people asking for new things (except, obviously, the single-issue wonks). The best thing about the Foundry would be offloading the work of creating new mission content to the players. Sure 99% of what would be created would worse than garbage (not to mention the inevitable attempts to create blatant XP handouts), but it'd be content to keep the player base content (pun unintended). Make the Foundry available in the C-Store for a nice infusion of money.

2. Communication
    Remember "State of the Game" and "Ask Cryptic"? When was the last time Champions Online had either of those? Tease us with pictures of upcoming stuff. Tell us CO is being run by a skeleton crew using it as training. Or that for every 100 complaints about lockboxes and keys, the devs feast on a stray kitten. Anything! We're starving for attention (and reasons to remain invested in this game)!

3. Fix all the little things
    Low-hanging fruit is still fruit. There are plenty of little things that can be easily fixed. Give Fighting Claws that AoE attack it has been missing since its inception. Fix the description on various powers (why does Boomerang Toss still have the Force Bolts description?). The invisible henchmen and costume loading issues have been in the Nemesis creator for a while. There are enough typos in the game to correct. All these little things can fill up the release notes of a new patch. It sends a message to the players that the devs are working hard in the background (even when devs may not be!). The devs may not be fixing something a player finds important, but that's because the devs haven't gotten around to it yet (if ever!). Maintaining the delusion of hope is important for player retention and more importantly, player willingness to invest in the game.

4. Release Previously Promised Content
    There was something about privatized group PvP so the RP'ers wouldn't have to go outside their cliques and the casual PvP'ers wouldn't have their fun ruined by the hardcore PvP'ers. And what happened to the Hideouts? The penthouse is the only post-Phase 1 hideout and it just stopped there. SG bases were suppose to follow as well (STO has them; why don't we?).

5. Permanent Content
    Cryptic North has been assigned to Champions Online since about eight months ago. It would make sense that new content has been slow since they're learning the ropes of the engine. This might explain the surge of temporary event missions and lockboxes. But at some point, that excuse isn't going to work. A new zone might be a bit much, but that doesn't rule out new costume sets and travel powers in the C-Store or new comic series (Kevin Poe vs. Psimon?) or a powerset (plants, anyone?). At this rate, I'm running out of worthwhile things to spend my stipend on.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • gfnotaku1gfnotaku1 Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    1. Better community.
    2. Better graphical appearance. I honestly started to get sick of the cartoony look within a few months of playing
    3. Constant updates. Remember years back when we got an update a week like costume sets, new powers, new areas, bug fixes, etc.? Yeah.. I want that again.
    4. Events. ACTUAL Events. Cryptic, you know how to put on REAL events. We had them in CoH. How come that never transferred over? It's always felt like your devs were just like "...eh.. it's a job. Why even try to make this enjoyable?"
    5. Music changes. Especially in Club Caprice. What can I say.. a lot of the music sounds so bloody generic. None of it really gives a grand "YES! You are a hero!" feeling
    This post is brought to you by:
    Villain-Mart, the only shopping franchise that caters to that diabolic need. This week at Villain-Mart, save 2 dollars on smoke machines when you shop with your CrimeCard and get buy-one-get-one-free on henchmen and scientists. Villain-Mart! You might be criminal, but our prices aren't!
  • cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think it might be time for a...

Top 5 things YOU feel need to be fixed/improved in "2014" thread.:tongue:
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    1. New content, I love my toons so much but want to run a razor through my ear drum at having to do the same things over and over....and over again
    2. Foundry (would help address item 1 but TT already pretty much said this will never happen..one can dream)
    3. End game - something...ANYTHING.. for the 40s to do that actually possibly impacts the story line
    4. Story line evolution -> as per the above..maybe after dr. destroyer finishes his attempt at domination he launches a new plan, or in his defeat, a new villain could battle him for supremacy with MC civilians and heroes in its crossfire. Hey, did he actually get defeated for that invasion or was another non-impacting alert ..oh right..it was
    5. bug fixes
    edited October 2013
    Beautifully stated, especially the part about the Foundry, too bad its falling on deaf ears
    1. Bug Fixes
    Start small..no need for a huge attempt. I would like the OM's fixed first, then move on to something else. Can't think of a monetary angle for this.

2. New Powersets
    Water and Sonic. Make premium AT's for them for the monetary pay off.

3. Super-group Bases
    Huge fun for active SG's and RP'ers. Some upgrades to the base are grindable (pay with questionite, globals or some new currency method) and some upgrades from the Z store (again for the monetary angle)

4. New Zone(s)
    Will give us more content, will probably require a level increase. A new zone for level 6-20 something would be a nice alternative to grinding through MC again though. Can't think of a monetary angle for this.

5. Foundry
    I don't care about a foundry, don't really want one. I wish they would expand hideouts, but so many people want a foundry, if they finally add one I won't have to see several new threads a week about it. Only monetary angle I can think for this would be make it available for Golds only.
    Of course, now that 2013 is over half gone, I get the urge to jump in on this. Let's call this my top 5 list for the next 12 months, then.

1: Communication that measures up to the standards of Cryptic Studios as a company, regardless of CO's population. It looks an awful lot like our community is too small to matter to you. Whether that's true or not, that's the perception. "That would take away from development time" can't be an excuse. That just tells everybody that your staff is either too small, poorly allocated, or not living up to the standard. Once again, for the record, it has now been one year, two months since our last State of the Game Address. STO has had five in that time frame.

2: Upgrade to the latest version of Cryptic Engine, and use that time to go on a bug hunt. Time and again, we've been told that we're running into technical limitations that prevent new features from being added or bugs from being fixed. Meanwhile, we see STO and NW running full speed ahead with gameplay features and graphical optimizations. If this game is to grow, it cannot do so on the oldest version of the engine in production. It may be a small job. It may be a large job. The existing scripts may be so old and/or crappy, you have to start all over with a blank project, re-import (and index!) all the art assets, and rewrite the scripts. Any way you slice it, it needs to be done. Resist the urge to add new things while you're in there. Fix, rebuild, refine where necessary, but finish that job and make it a sturdy new foundation for what's to come.

3: Foundry, because it fits this game better than any other MMO out there. This isn't just about feature disparity within Cryptic. We've embraced the creativity afforded us by the character creator and the freeform power system. Honestly, without this much creative depth, CO might not have gotten off the ground, because it would have been seen as a shiny, shallow rip-off of City of Heroes. It sets this game apart from its competitors. And why not? Comic books and superheroes offer the brightest, broadest canvas of any MMO genre. You've seen our rosters, and you've been to our costume contests. You know this. This may sound brash, but I think we'll do greater things with the CO Foundry than STO and NW players have.

4: Rejuvenate the Nemesis system by using Foundry's power. Once we create a Nemesis, we can use Foundry to build better instanced missions. We can escape the straight-jacket of the three existing personalities. And not every villain wants to build a death ray. Nemesis and Foundry go hand-in-hand, don't they?

5: Give new characters a second post-tutorial path. The Westside redesign was one step forward, two steps back. Keeping players near the hub of RenCen was an improvement over scattering everybody to the Desert or Canada. Forcing every alt through the same damn Purple Gang mission chain every damn time was bad enough on its face. But it's the secondary effect, encouraging players looking for an alternative leveling path into Smash Alerts, that made things worse. Smash alerts are the best for leveling, but they're the worst for combining high- and low-level characters. Remember your CoH "shiny city/grungy city" roots, and carve out a 6-12 area in City Center. Or, if you're finally ready for that eastern expansion on the other side of Downtown, push some of the high-level Downtown content into the new area, and give new toons the option of playing in the rebuilt area they just saw all tore up by the Qularr in the tutorial.
    edited October 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    My list is as follows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwhbE

(worksafe)

Um...so if I get this right...and going out on a limb here..you think we need developers lol!! funny vid!!!
    edited October 2013
    You are right in terms of CO's uniqueness. As a CoX 8+ year veteran, starting to play CoX last November took some getting used to, but now, I love the creativity available in this game. AND the fact that its an active fighting style, forcing you to block (or have great inherent defense) is much more fun than what I was used to but.

But like you said, between character customization, freeform, and well, ability to concurrently fire off multiple powers in Power Armor puts this leaps and bounds above most anything. Unfortunately, stopping there just really is insane. So with City of Titans aggressively moving to meet its Kickstarter goal, there will be more competition; just wished Cryptic/PWE cared enough to enhance this fantastic product we currently have...or at least finish it!
    That's not a fair analogy because WoW is everyone's measuring stick. What makes some games competitive is polish and adding their own unique touches, like TOR's high production value story driven content and GW2's instancing and combat system. The rest is boilerplate, but it's really mandatory nonetheless. Dungeons and raids, tiered loot progression, competitive evolving end game, regular balance and polish passes through active development cycles are not optional.

Champions got about half way there and gave up. The weird thing is that it gave up in such an unusual way- most MMO's surrender themselves to mediocrity by not providing any unique variations of the established wheel (see most of the WoW clones.) Champions didn't make that mistake- the amazing customization not only costume wise, but through free form building also is an INCREDIBLE hook. I mean seriously amazing. It was way ahead of its time in combat evolution too.

Champions made the very odd mistake of not following the rest of the formula- no end game, no "dungeons" (or poorly implemented ones at best) no active development cycle, no polish... It really feels like I'm playing a trial version of a game.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I remember when this thread was started... on 01-12-2013, 10:17 PM.

I also remember how we're almost completely through 2013 now.
  • magusshadowmoonmagusshadowmoon Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Other than bug fixes...And this really should be an on going thing, not just what should be added in 2013, I would say:

1. Add more real content, e.g., More missions, story lines, new zones.

2. An expantion adding a villian faction (i.e. Dark Champions) and more of #1.

3. More power customization, e.g., More color chocies, alternate animations, more weapon skins, etc.
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    New Powersets!

New costume options (seriously, we need better hairstyle options)!

Missions that don't feel like dungeon CRAAAAAAAWLS!

More cosmic encounters! *<3 The Mega D event*

One more power slot and 4 more advantage points! ^_^
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Other than bug fixes...And this really should be an on going thing, not just what should be added in 2013, I would say:

1. Add more real content, e.g., More missions, story lines, new zones.

2. An expantion adding a villian faction (i.e. Dark Champions) and more of #1.

3. More power customization, e.g., More color chocies, alternate animations, more weapon skins, etc.

I bet if a Dev saw this, the reply would be, "We dont have the money, or tech to do those."
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In rough order of priority

1. Low-level quest alternatives. With upcoming level gating on alerts (as well as in interest in impressing new players), this has a high priority in my book.

2. Bugs. Fix-em. Particularly the nemesis mission-related ones, since I sure want to get back into doing those without the looming fear of a nemesis suddenly not attacking/becoming invincible/not disappearing/not appearing.

3. Difficulty-up. Make the non-lair/non-alert stuff more difficult. Particularly, make the combat against normal enemies a bit more engaging, with more cool AoE stuff.

4. Q-store unlocks/adding weapon graphic unlocks back in. This seems like the most natural and effective way to do this - consider that, canonically, Questionite (when it's actually found) is used best for blades, as it holds edge extremely well. So, refining questionite into different models of swords/axes/guns would make a lot of sense.

5. Cstore costume sets. I want to see cool new costume stuff. Like, in particular, costume sets for civillian clothes, alternate hair/face models, and maaaaybe some beast stuff.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• supersharkssupersharks Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    1, Munitions power replacers returned, with level scaling tech added and the new 'x to super stats' so they are always useful. Sell them in the C store or through Q.

2, Old weapon skins re-added.

3, More paths for low level characters to level.

4, Regular C store content addition, costumes, devices.. whatever. I *want* to spend money but you're giving me very little to buy.

5, More stuff in the Q store from time to time.
  • hockeyplayerx13hockeyplayerx13 Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is more of a wishlist...not very realistic:

1. Add villains. Not the way it was done in CoX. Integrate villains with their own missions, their own alerts, and even PVP alerts and instances around the hero vs. villain concept.
    2. Add open world PVP between heroes and villains. Consensual, but not instanced.
    3. Add Q rewards for Hero Games.
    4. Foundry.
    5. More powers.
    edited October 2013
    Glad to see this topic is still going -- was kind of my hope that it would be when I created it, to start up people's imaginations of what might be.

It would be nice if I could group the most popular top 5's and create a bar graph, but frankly it's: A.) too much work B.) hard to categorize what some of you all have said C.) hard to remove the sarcastic remarks or paragraphs (instead of a concise list) from the clearly listed entries. So regrettably I won't be making any kind of executive summary from this topic, but it is an interesting exercise and one I hope Cryptic can learn something from.
  • foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    1.- The emote bug which prevents people who approach from seeing the emote you had on and because of which everyone seems to be standing in the couches and stools at CC. This is the more persistent and notorious.

2.- The bug(?) which kicks people out of alerts when they're no longer active.

3.- More GMs, because having the GM tell you "they can no longer help you because your problem can no longer be verified in the logs" ONE WEEK LATER really sours users.

4.- Foundry. The three games already share a standard code base, so the old excuse that "it can't be done in the engine" just sounds less plausible with each passing month. CoH didn't use to have a Mission Architect either until it did, so can CO.