test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Void or Scourge?

wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Power Discussion
So, which one do you recommend me the most?
Post edited by wrathsoul1 on

Comments

• keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Both are very good ATs, but the Scourge is just one of the best...

The Void:
    - Is a Hybrid.
    - Has a pretty neat heal in the form of Summon Shadows.
    - Can do pretty good damage all around, decent control.
    - Needs to apply Fear and such to get energy. Not all that bad in practice.

The Scourge:
    - Is Ranged DPS.
    - Has oodles of HP but only one heal... that will get you back to full health anyway. (Resurgence)
    - Does absurd damage.
    - Has NO energy issues whatsoever past a certain point.
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »
    Both are very good ATs, but the Scourge is just one of the best...

The Void:
    - Is a Hybrid.
    - Has a pretty neat heal in the form of Summon Shadows.
    - Can do pretty good damage all around, decent control.

The Scourge:
    - Is Ranged DPS.
    - Has oodles of HP but only one heal... that will get you back to full health anyway. (Resurgence)
    - Does absurd damage.
    - Has NO energy issues whatsoever past a certain point.

Both got Ebon Void, though. Also, Resurgence has a 90 seconds cooldown, so it's obvious I'll need some Int on my gear to minimize it.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »
    The Void:

Shadow Embrace, which the Void gets at level 6, is a pretty reliable source of Fear, even when used against a single target.

Of course, you have to wait until 25 to get your Energy Unlock on either one.

Until then, Concentration provides a burst of energy whenever you maintain an attack at least half way, and the Void has a fair number of maintains.

It can get both a permanent pet (Void Horror) and a temporary pet (Summon Shadows). I hate that you have to choose between Life Drain and Summon Shadows, but that's one of the costs of playing an AT.

The Scourge is going to pump out more damage, just by virtue of being Ranged Damage, but since The Void has an Offensive Passive, it won't be that far behind.

The Scourge's passive doesn't require you to be in melee range, but it encourages it, as do a couple other powers it gets (Vicious Cyclone, Epidemic). If you plan on playing in melee or short range, make sure to work up your Defense, Dodge, HP, etc, so you can take the big hits that come at that range.

The Void is quite happy to use some form of Flight and rain destruction from above.

Both are great; you can't really go wrong with either.
    Shadow Embrace, which the Void gets at level 6, is a pretty reliable source of Fear, even when used against a single target.

Of course, you have to wait until 25 to get your Energy Unlock on either one.

Until then, Concentration provides a burst of energy whenever you maintain an attack at least half way, and the Void has a fair number of maintains.

It can get both a permanent pet (Void Horror) and a temporary pet (Summon Shadows). I hate that you have to choose between Life Drain and Summon Shadows, but that's one of the costs of playing an AT.

The Scourge is going to pump out more damage, just by virtue of being Ranged Damage, but since The Void has an Offensive Passive, it won't be that far behind.

The Scourge's passive doesn't require you to be in melee range, but it encourages it, as do a couple other powers it gets (Vicious Cyclone, Epidemic). If you plan on playing in melee or short range, make sure to work up your Defense, Dodge, HP, etc, so you can take the big hits that come at that range.

The Void is quite happy to use some form of Flight and rain destruction from above.

Both are great; you can't really go wrong with either.

If I'm correct, Shadow Blast got a 100% chance of applying Fear when fully charged, am I right?
    edited October 2013
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    If I'm correct, Shadow Blast got a 100% chance of applying Fear when fully charged, am I right?

Yes. I'm not a huge fan of charged attacks, so I'd forgotten that. Shadow Blast has a minimum 25% chance to cause Fear that scales up to 100% based on charge length.
    Can Intelligence decrease the cooldown of Resurgence?
    edited October 2013
    Yes, Active Offense and Active Defense powers are affected normally by all forms of Cooldown Reduction.

The 30 second Shared Cooldowns are affected as well, so if you get 100% Cooldown (halving the duration), they have a 45 second Cooldown, and 15 second Shared Cooldown.
    I'll try to pull off a Scourge build. I'll link it once I posted it.