test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

That's All I Can Stands, I Can't Stands No More!

2»

Comments

• decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    flyingfinn shows the real issue:

Default nemeses. For the 7-24 levels. Since those are unable to make their own, so Cryptic made these so everyone can enjoy Nemesis Smashes. And occasionally, people 25+ levels can enjoy these creations, if someone without nemesis happens to pop along the Smash Alert.

This is the real problem. If they'd fix the Nem. Alerts to keep checking until NO ONE has a Nemesis, we wouldn't see these generics half as much.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That September 20th Deadline, is there any way we can get an extension? Maybe some time during the weekend? I still have 4 to go!:tongue:

Okay. Midnight, server time, on Tuesday 24th.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Okay. Midnight, server time, on Tuesday 24th.

AWESOME! You have my thanks Mr. Scott.:biggrin:
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited September 2013
    Not a new ones, since those default nemeses were pestering me for a some time, but...

Lilith:
    Surprise, surprise. Not a demon, not even close. Just a rogue mutant, or a mage, with adequate powers. She's merely using this name and costume as her villainous alter-ego.

Costume_Mee_da_CThunist_Scythe_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_432984590_zps20bb8880.jpg

2r7c742.jpg

Deathmetal:
    And this guy is pretty much self-explanatory. Probably undead. But could be disfigured mutate as well.

Costume_Mee_da_CThunist_Character_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_432988810_zpsc8e5970b.jpg

2ekq6m9.jpg
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Costume_Mee_da_CThunist_Character_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_432988810_zpsc8e5970b.jpg

Nice. I might steal some inspiration from this one.

Edit: For my own use, not for this contest! I wouldn't do that!
    Lilith:
    Went the obvious Abrahamic route, but chose to emphasize her human origins. Looks like a modern day mage not unlike Charm or Robert Caliburn. As such, this Lilith would likely be lurking amongst contemporary society.
    6pkkp.jpg
    6mjhz.png

Destructo:
    Designed with the campiness of a Saturday morning cartoon villain. For all the campiness of Champions Online, it seems to lack such a villain. Wanted to add some parts with glowing canisters, but couldn't find a way without it detracting from the stern "obviously a villain" look; Gadgeteering would be a nice fit.
    up57v.jpg
    kevz5.png
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
    edited September 2013
    ENTRY 1

BACKSTAB

This highly skilled shinobi suffered damage to both her eye's in a grueling battle between clans. She managed to survive the night, though she was left blinded. Days later her people performed an ancient ritual in hopes of repairing her sight, but her eyes appeared to be unaffected. It was later realized she had been bestowed the sight of the dragon, which allowed her to see clearly in the darkest of night or thickest of smoke. With this ability, she became a feared shinobi whom uses this fear to serve her clans cause.

Powers: Single Blade/Dual Blades
    Passive: Way of the Warrior
    Signature Move: Smoke Bomb

e73c93e4-1bef-42c0-9adf-b309c9d7b84d.jpg

398ab64c-4c4a-4aad-b177-8955b9ab51e7.jpg

aa93103b-d6db-4dd2-8ba4-5e4ee01a2f05.jpg

Costume_CaptainCooltastic_Lilith_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_433119597.jpg
    edited September 2013
    ENTRY 2

DESTRUCTO

There was once a powerful dark Sorcerer whom created a mighty Construct which he gave the power to absorb magical energies, what the Sorcerer did not realize is that the Construct constantly hungered for these energies which made it more and more difficult to control. One day, after defeating another sorcerer in battle the Construct became so filled with energy that it turned on it's creator craving more in an uncontrollable outburst! The Dark Sorcerer couldn't react quickly enough, and paid the price of being left without any energy to sustain his life. Wielding the dark power of it's late master, the Contruct became fully able to control itself. Destruction and Hunger is all that drives this Magical Monstrosity now.

Powers: Magic/Magical Power Armor Beams
    Passive: Aura of Radiant Protection
    Signature Move: Triple Eldritch Eye Beams

c53ba519-1cd3-431f-8810-fc18e88302c4.jpg

a2d91a7a-c04d-4029-83bd-983c619fe0a9.jpg

d2531efa-801b-4565-838e-093377178ae5.jpg

Costume_CaptainCooltastic_DeathMetal_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_433127221.jpg
    edited September 2013
    ENTRY 3

LIVEWIRE

It's easy to see how a mutant like Livewire would end up turning out the way she has. Born a pale white albino made her the primary target of most bullying when she was younger. Her own family didn't even want much to do with her. It was hard times for Livewire, until her powers manifested that is. Livewire discovered she was able to absorb limitless amounts of electricity and unleash that energy back out as she pleased. She's even able to transform her body into living electricity so that she can travel through electrical currents. Her parents feared her when they discovered what she could do and tried to kill her, but she was able to quickly escape through the nearby television. After that Livewire had to steal to survive. She eventually met others like herself, they eventually led to her corruption and gave her the name she uses today. Today Livewire just enjoys a good night of blowing stuff up, and having people respect her through the fear she once felt towards others.

Powers: Electricity
    Passive: Electric Form
    Signature Move: Electric Arc(brief intangibility)

1836fc7a-3e71-4188-b068-c935d804929a.jpg

e8269693-290c-4214-bfe4-f0ae22ac746c.jpg

51dca4d0-2637-4407-9ce2-fa39438d118f.jpg

Costume_CaptainCooltastic_Lilith_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_433119605.jpg
    edited September 2013
    ENTRY 4

STITCHES

Stiches isn't quite all there, which is why he probably fits in so well with the rest of the Maniacs running through the streets of Westside. A while back this guy used to go by the name Metalhead, because he has never been able to resist the urges from his metal fetish. Eventually he went so far as to kidnap a surgeon, forcing him to line his entire body with spiked metal plates. The surgeon(while held at gunpoint from the rest of the gang) was able to perform this task, but it left Stitches looking like a deformed Frankenstein's Monster. His face got so mangled in the operation that he's forced to wear a mask at all times. On the upside, his body became near impervious to damage, even "somewhat" bulletproof. Left riddled with stitches holding him together he decided to adopt the name as his new persona. If your ever foolish enough to get into a tussle with him, you might just end up with stitches yourself.

Powers: Fighting Claws(The ones with the spikes)
    Passive: Defiance or Unstoppable
    Signature Move: Dragon's Claws
    Costume Piece Request: Spiked Knuckle Dusters

7cc7a925-cbfc-4e10-9eff-3a2cfc31ec8e.jpg

a813c09e-4768-4b82-8c42-e2dbe3a131e5.jpg

28086bd4-6468-48eb-876c-0547a846e500.jpg

Costume_CaptainCooltastic_DeathMetal_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_433100480.jpg
    edited September 2013
    ENTRY 5

LILITH

Lilith is a powerful demon spawn that feeds on the souls of man. She uses her power of seduction to place men in a trance-like state and then devours there souls, binding them to her for all eternity. She often uses the souls she has collected as her servants, or to protect her from those who wish to do her harm. Her body is riddled with scorch marks from the hellish fire her body is capable of producing, which she uses as her last line of protection. Lilith is pure evil incarnate.

Powers: Darkness/Fire
    Passive: Fire Form/Aura of Primal Majesty/Aura of Ebon Destruction
    Signature Move: Devour Essence

eead6d93-5a67-475e-b951-6c7f997b0578.jpg

50ace21d-cb33-4536-8062-220d408f7a28.jpg

457b138d-b4a8-48a5-96b7-8071b177a07c.jpg

Costume_CaptainCooltastic_Lilith_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_433119591.jpg
    edited September 2013
    ENTRY 6

DEATH METAL

Robby Michaels was your typical teenage headbanger. This guy loved his Heavy Metal, and eventually became the lead guitarist for a band called "Death's Tampon." Yeah I don't get it either, but that's metal for ya. What Robby didn't know is that the rest of the band had other plans for him. He awoke one night to chanting from his band mates. He soon realized he was tied up hanging over a pit of fire. He was told his body would be given to Hell, in order to unleash the God of Death upon the Earth! His band mates fouled up the ritual though, and the God of Death ended up trapped inside Robby's body transforming him into what his mind perceived Death to be. Robby's mind became so entangled that he used this new power dwelling inside him to decimate his so called mates. From then on Robby Michaels was no more, there was only Death Metal.

Powers: Might/Fire
    Passive: Invulnerability
    Signature Move: Fire Breath

763654fe-a0ec-4b4f-8730-2cc0635c04af.jpg

04a7a9e3-465e-4a52-b1bd-7d24828c8cc2.jpg

190e2aa5-15c9-4633-96d0-63caa660e8db.jpg

Costume_CaptainCooltastic_DeathMetal_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_433100472.jpg
    edited September 2013
    Seeing as some of my pics came out darker than I would have liked, and I forgot to include any close ups. Here's a quick Mugshot of each, to capture a little more of the details used.

BACKSTAB
    screenshot_2013-09-23-19-00-22.jpg

LIVEWIRE
    screenshot_2013-09-23-19-00-44.jpg

LILITH
    screenshot_2013-09-23-19-00-13.jpg
    edited September 2013
    DESTRUCTO
    screenshot_2013-09-23-18-58-07.jpg

STITCHES
    screenshot_2013-09-23-18-58-31.jpg

DEATH METAL
    screenshot_2013-09-23-18-58-21.jpg
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    DEATH METAL
    screenshot_2013-09-23-18-58-21.jpg

Any resemblance to Paul Stanley is purely coincidental, right?

paulstanley.jpg
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Other than the overall paleness of the face, and dark hair, I'm not seeing a resemblance there. DM doesn't even have a star over his eye! (And I'm not sure, but I think DM's skin is supposed to actually be a silvery metal, not flat white like Stanley's Starchild.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lilith:
    mctp.jpg
    o61r.jpg
    yfeu.jpg
    edited September 2013
    Stitches:
    oa3z.jpg
    lbmi.jpg
    5oql.jpg
    edited September 2013
    Livewire:
    06sk.jpg
    c5e0.jpg
    vcj0.jpg
    edited September 2013
    Destructo:
    2puh.jpg
    cwcn.jpg
    lkyz.jpg

I've done only female villains as I feel the male presence in Champions Online is overly represented.
    edited September 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Other than the overall paleness of the face, and dark hair, I'm not seeing a resemblance there. DM doesn't even have a star over his eye! (And I'm not sure, but I think DM's skin is supposed to actually be a silvery metal, not flat white like Stanley's Starchild.)

Your correct, he was transformed into a metallic demon thing. It's not suppose to be all that "SILVERY", but being in the Powerhouse does strange things to metal.:tongue:
    edited September 2013
    Heavy Metal:
    xv8a.jpg
    c751.jpg
    4jhd.jpg
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Heavy Metal:
    xv8a.jpg
    c751.jpg
    4jhd.jpg

Never done this... how do you get your hero on that "Champions Cover" ?

Thanks in advance
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That's the costume file. When you save a costume, it saves like that in the screen shot folder.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited September 2013
    Never done this... how do you get your hero on that "Champions Cover" ?

Thanks in advance
    As flyingfinn said it's a costume file, when you're working on your costume you have the option of saving or loading costumes, to find the picture do a search of the drive were you've loaded Champions Online, look for a sub directory called screen shots, and any costume files you've saved should be in there. In my case they're in: C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Champions Online\Live\screenshots

I also have pictures in the public test server as well.
    edited September 2013
    And that's a wrap. Good job. I'll post the winners in a couple of days.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited September 2013
    A lot of really good ones. Here are my choices. Winners can email me ingame (@Thundrax) to receive their prizes. Also, if you believe my selections sucked, go ahead and reward the folks you find deserving.

Lilith
    Chaelk (non-demonic)

Stiches
    cptcooltastic

Livewire
    Jonesing4

Backstab
    Jonorifice1 (your Livewire was great too).

Destructo
    cptcooltastic

Deathmetal
    meedacthunist (I like your take on Lilith as well).

Thanks to everyone who participated!
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited September 2013
    So, when can we expect to see these new nems in the game? :tongue:

Honestly, if they were to do it. I would hope Cryptic would hold it's own OFFICIAL contest that was advertised through the launcher and website, and allowed for the community to vote on which ones they liked.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So, when can we expect to see these new nems in the game? :tongue:

Honestly, if they were to do it. I would hope Cryptic would hold it's own OFFICIAL contest that was advertised through the launcher and website, and allowed for the community to vote on which ones they liked.
    I dunno - that's how we wound up with Devana Hawkesploit and Ao'Igiveup last time...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited September 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    I dunno - that's how we wound up with Devana Hawkesploit and Ao'Igiveup last time...

Even if they had taken characters out of the IP and stuck those powers on them they would still be broken. That has nothing to do with the old contest. We need more ways to get involved as a community and help shape the game along. This is just a small way to help do just that.:smile:
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A lot of really good ones. Here are my choices. Winners can email me ingame (@Thundrax) to receive their prizes. Also, if you believe my selections sucked, go ahead and reward the folks you find deserving.

Lilith
    Chaelk (non-demonic)

Stiches
    cptcooltastic

Livewire
    Jonesing4

Backstab
    Jonorifice1 (your Livewire was great too).

Destructo
    cptcooltastic

Deathmetal
    meedacthunist (I like your take on Lilith as well).

Thanks to everyone who participated!
    woot, BTW, both picture sare the same character. Emily- heavy weapon/mountain-
    cursed scythe- usually used to drain evil from a person. Works great when weilded by an angel, can't affect them. Not so good when a human uses it.

her costumes go from normal girl to those 2 then to the fully demonic

yes, that Destructo really looks like a destructo.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• euthymiaeuthymia Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Unless it involves lockboxes, Cryptic doesn't care. At this point I'd be willing to bet Cryptic doesn't know how to do anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if news came out revealing that for that past year or two Cryptic's team has been completely made up of monkeys.
  • kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nah monkeys would have made rocks and twigs to open the boxes, not keys
    3f929831-d0e0-4b9d-aa2b-28877c351112_zpsgsnq9bpu.jpg
    [font="title-I'm as sane as any.."][/font]Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Congratulations to the winners and to Scott for a successful contest with many entries.

I was following this thread for a long time, very interesting entries from everyone.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Glad you liked the Toon!
    But don't worry about prizes with me.
    I already have all the CO stuff I want, and hunting for the few Drops that I don't is the only real thing I have left to do:biggrin:
    And I don't use the Globals that I have sitting in my Hide-out as it is.
    If you like, you can donate my prize to one of the regular Costume Contests for use as a prize there.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time