test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

20% off everything in c store question

neverwinter1973neverwinter1973 Posts: 203 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
So I see they are offering 20% off of everything in the c store which catches my attention. We have been having a long drawn out conversation on 50 dollars being too high for a free form slot, so at 20% off I figured, that's fair.

So I go to purchase a freeform slot and I don't see anywhere the dollar amount for the item it just reads 4000 zen. Exactly how much is 4000 zen in dollar amount ? And where can I look up dollar amount per zen ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    One dollar = 100 Zen.

4000 Zen = Forty dollars.

20% of Fifty = Ten.

Fifty - Ten = Forty.

Pi = 3.14159...
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    One dollar = 100 Zen.

4000 Zen = Forty dollars.

20% of Fifty = Ten.

Fifty - Ten = Forty.

Pi = 3.14159...

Oh Okay thanks. 40 bucks ain't 20% off lol.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Oh Okay thanks. 40 bucks ain't 20% off lol.

Uh...Yes it is.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Stay in school, kids.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Never, ten percent of 50 is 5. Twice that, or twenty percent, is 10.

50-10=40.

Therefore, 40 is 50 minus twenty percent.

Therefore, 4000 Zen is 5000 Zen minus twenty percent.

What are they teaching kids in school these days, anyway?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Never, ten percent of 50 is 5. Twice that, or twenty percent, is 10.

50-10=40.

Therefore, 40 is 50 minus twenty percent.

Therefore, 4000 Zen is 5000 Zen minus twenty percent.

What are they teaching kids in school these days, anyway?

I even did the math in my first post. :tongue:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2013
    It's worth noting that, while we can generally use $1 = 100 ZEN as shorthand, there are bonuses you can get, like getting a total of 5300 ZEN for $50, that make it an imperfect correspondence. That being said, generally 4000 ZEN = $40 is right.:smile:
  • Options
    extremedracheextremedrache Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i would like to know what happened to an item i bought, and then this 20% thing happens and my item disappears? O.o
    isn't there a way to get my item replaced since it's already been payed for?
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What item?
    Your temporary Sidekick Device?
    If not,
    contact Support, explain what happened, they'll figure it out if your item is replacebal.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I could have sworn 20 percent of 50 dollars was 10 dollars. Man my math is awful. :confused:

Well if they ever drop the free form slots to 10 bucks I'll purchase one and if they ever let you keep the character you make after your sub runs out ( This would include free form powers ) I'm in.

Until something like this goes down, can't do it.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I could have sworn 20 percent of 50 dollars was 10 dollars. Man my math is awful. :confused:

Well if they ever drop the free form slots to 10 bucks I'll purchase one and if they ever let you keep the character you make after your sub runs out ( This would include free form powers ) I'm in.

Until something like this goes down, can't do it.

Uhh, 20% of $50 is $10. $50 -$10 = $40. 100 Zen equals a $1 generally. $40 * 100 equal 4,000.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    my Super Magnifier just poof, disappeared.
    i am hoping they could look into that of a possible glitch on my account, because i have no idea what just happened to my item.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Well if they ever drop the free form slots to 10 bucks I'll purchase one

An 80% off sale is unlikely to happen...
    and if they ever let you keep the character you make after your sub runs out ( This would include free form powers ) I'm in.

That's actually how freeform slots work. You don't have to subscribe at all to be able to use any and all powers.

Sorry if I mistook your meaning on that last one.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    my Super Magnifier just poof, disappeared.
    i am hoping they could look into that of a possible glitch on my account, because i have no idea what just happened to my item.

Did you by chance switch your build? This would make your magnifier go back into your bags.

Also, there are time-limited magnifiers. Did you maybe buy one of those on accident? The permanent ones are like 700 Zen I think.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    From what he was saying earlier, Smacky, I think he means he wants to sub for a month, make 8 Freeforms, and get to keep using them after his sub lapses.

Which would kind of make a sub pointless, and take away one of the few revenue streams this game has, so it sounds like a great thing to do if you want CO to collapse and go away. Which I don't, so...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I'm still on my same character, and i did buy the one that can be used forever.
    i was hoping i could have just got a replacment one since it's known that i already bought mine.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Uhh, 20% of $50 is $10. $50 -$10 = $40. 100 Zen equals a $1 generally. $40 * 100 equal 4,000.

Got chu, thanks for clearing that up for me, I'm totally lost when it comes to Zen lol.

Why can't they go by dollar amounts like the other mmo's lol :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    From what he was saying earlier, Smacky, I think he means he wants to sub for a month, make 8 Freeforms, and get to keep using them after his sub lapses.

Which would kind of make a sub pointless, and take away one of the few revenue streams this game has, so it sounds like a great thing to do if you want CO to collapse and go away. Which I don't, so...

Well, that's what DC offers which is probably why they are ranked higher and doing better. Much better to be exact. They are far from collapsing so...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Got chu, thanks for clearing that up for me, I'm totally lost when it comes to Zen lol.

Why can't they go by dollar amounts like the other mmo's lol :rolleyes:

At least it's not like Microsoft Points where 80 points = $1.00. I'm terrible at math and never even try to figure out how much I'm spending on what. It costs 1200 points? Okay, I guess I'm spending like 16 bucks.

With Zen, just add a period between the second and third numbers (counting from the right) and you've got your dollar amount right there.

Z 700
    $ 7.00
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    At least it's not like Microsoft Points where 80 points = $1.00. I'm terrible at math and never even try to figure out how much I'm spending on what. It costs 1200 points? Okay, I guess I'm spending like 16 bucks.

With Zen, just add a period between the second and third numbers (counting from the right) and you've got your dollar amount right there.

Z 700
    $ 7.00

Yeah, that's pretty simple now that you've broke it down for me.

Thanks.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    c points- $6.50 for 500(previous crytpic currency)

rift points- https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1589/~/purchasing-rift-store-credits

GW2-
    Gems....... 800.. ... 1600 ..... 2800 ..... 4000..... 8000
    $ or ?.. 10.00 .... 20.00 .... 35.00 ..... 50.00 .... 100.00
    ? .........8.50 .... 17.00 .... 29.75 .... 42.50.... 85.00

TSW
    http://www.thesecretworld.com/itemstore

other games have stupid pricing too.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Z 700
    $ 7.00

Except, Champions used to use C-points at rates of 80 to a dollar too. And now microsoft's changing or changed their point system to now be the currency of your country, which i suspect isn't what they claim to make it easier for people to use and understand but to hike up prices based on region. Same content going for 3000 points in America and Australia? well if it was sold in a retail store it would be $20 in america and $60, time to make Microsoft points also reflect that value and charge triple!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have no Zen, and I must Spend :eek:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The REAL question is: is this sale supposed to make us spend more of our zen before the new items get put up?! Curious.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The REAL question is: is this sale supposed to make us spend more of our zen before the new items get put up?! Curious.
    Well, not make as such perhaps, but if you just so happen to spend all your Zen on this sale and need to buy more when the stuff comes out, well... :wink:

• Options
    edited September 2013
    i would Still like to know what happened to my item that i bought with money, and why they won't just let me get it again even after i have already payed for it. :/
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    i would Still like to know what happened to my item that i bought with money, and why they won't just let me get it again even after i have already payed for it. :/

You never answered my questions on whether you switched your builds or looked in your inventory. I'm willing to bet it's sitting in one of your bags and you're overlooking it.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    i don't even know what a build is. all i do know is it's not in my inventory, nor in my use space. :confused:
    did i get it taken away from me for some reason? (something happened, and i have no idea what)

and when i just decide to go back to the Cstore, it asks for me to pay for it again if i want it again.
    if the computer knows that i bought that item, it should not be asking for payment.
    (anything could happen from glitches, to someone else getting on your PC while gone and messing with something)
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2013

That used be the tactic sale - new stuff - sale not including new stuff - more new stuf - sale including new stuff but not the more new stuff.

I hope it is a return to this
  • Options
    kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That used be the tactic sale - new stuff - sale not including new stuff - more new stuf - sale including new stuff but not the more new stuff.

Hm. So maybe we'll be seeing a VTOL craft in the C Store soon?
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    perhaps maybe even a costume set (what I can dream)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    i don't even know what a build is. all i do know is it's not in my inventory, nor in my use space. :confused:
    did i get it taken away from me for some reason? (something happened, and i have no idea what)

and when i just decide to go back to the Cstore, it asks for me to pay for it again if i want it again.
    if the computer knows that i bought that item, it should not be asking for payment.
    (anything could happen from glitches, to someone else getting on your PC while gone and messing with something)

If you're absolutely sure it's not in your inventory or in your bank, send in a customer support ticket. The reason you can't just claim another I'm the store is because you can buy more than one, for several characters. The store isn't bound to your character, but to your account.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Builds are those buttons above your power tray... You may not have them if you're on an archetype.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    well i guess i can't trust buying anything else if i decided to.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited September 2013

But that pattern involved become devices and hideouts being added regularly too. =o
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2013

1. only unique items like heirloom nemesis gear will stop you from buying a second when you have one in your bag.The other items, you can buy a many as you can pay for.

2. builds are tabs up the top of your character sheet(press C) you can chnage these on FF's and have different roles - tank- hybrid, melee, ranged, support on different builds,(Tabs)
    Each build can have different powers,gear and devices that were there, when you set it. If they are not currently in place, it will swap them.

so if you were on build 1(first tab) then accidently chnage to build 2(2nd tab) it will remove your gear and devices and dump them in your bag.

3. don't leave your acct open while away for a while. That's asking for trouble.
    4. email customerservice@perfectworld.com, subject feild :vanished zen store item.

after checking all your bags, your bank, hideout bank,mail (I store stuff in my mail box)

then state what you purchassed, when and about when it vanished.
    Noting that you have checked all the above places.

and if you are stupid enough to mention someone else getting on your acct while you are away.
    1. you will have to prove nobody had,unless you can prove nobody accessed it. You are unlikely to get anything
    2. you are in breech of the TOS by letting someone else use your acct
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg