test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance, 3pm September 26 [Complete]

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2013 in Super News Network
Due to an issue with the rewards not granting properly, we've disabled the Mega-Destroid event for the moment. This maintenance will resolve this, after which it'll be back in action.

This'll be a small patch, but it will require downtime.

Start time: 3pm
Estimated duration: 1 - 2 hours
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Woo! Maimtenance!
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • slowecsl4pweslowecsl4pwe Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Does the bug fix effect the reward boxes that did drop? I had 2 one that gave 200Q that didn't show up on my currency window to be refined and the second box just disappeared after clicking it with no reward at all.

Thanks

Apathy is on the rise, but nobody seems to care.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2013
    Does the bug fix effect the reward boxes that did drop? I had 2 one that gave 200Q that didn't show up on my currency window to be refined and the second box just disappeared after clicking it with no reward at all.

GH
    Thanks

Hmm. Anyone else having this issue?
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I heard someone in chat say that they got an empty box, but I can't remember who.

Is it intended that the boxes can sometimes have nothing in them except a green piece of gear and/or a catalyst? I was pretty disappointed that both boxes I got were practically worthless.
    Slight change in time, new start time is 3pm PDT.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is there a reason why [Echo Stick] on builds which do not have more than one copy of the device are slapped with a 15 minute cooldown?

This device does not apply Nailed To The Ground or any debuff aside from stagger and a chance to knockdown foes.

I fear this might be an issue for other devices as well. Is there a way to allow normal cooldowns for those who do not pack more than one copy of a device?
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is there a reason why [Echo Stick] on builds which do not have more than one copy of the device are slapped with a 15 minute cooldown?

This device does not apply Nailed To The Ground or any debuff aside from stagger and a chance to knockdown foes.

I fear this might be an issue for other devices as well. Is there a way to allow normal cooldowns for those who do not pack more than one copy of a device?

In general, I feel it is the overly-long CDs on moderate devices that find them on the UNWANTED list.

I try to use the longer CD items w/ CD reduction stuff to make them a bit more useful, without being OP.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    edited September 2013
    Maintenance is getting close, folks, stay tuned.
    edited September 2013
    Maintenance is complete, and the Mega-Ds are back in shipshape. Go play now!
  • mrinfinitummrinfinitum Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks Trail Turtle to YOU and to those others doing the work there. :biggrin:
  • dheffernandheffernan Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Actually it looks like the event needs to be switched on. Drifter is offering the mission but the billboards are off and there are no spawns.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dheffernan wrote: »
    Actually it looks like the event needs to be switched on. Drifter is offering the mission but the billboards are off and there are no spawns.
    You may have to give it some time. The Mega-Ds are supposed to attack once per hour.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It may or may not happen at 5pm.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just got today's 2nd download...

{ pauses to think back to last years 6 Mega-D OM }

Isn't there supposed to be an Open Mission timer as the Hero move close to Champs HQ?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited September 2013
    Still wonky....
    But the good thing is that it's going to be permanent so they got all the time in the world to test it to perfection.
    edited September 2013
    Okay. In order to fix the scheduling, we did a quick restart of the Millennium City maps. They are back online now.
    edited September 2013
    Yep, I think they're fixing the newest glitch right now - I was hovering outside Homestead on #4 when everyone suddenly got booted.

Edit: Ninja'd by the CM!

Also hoping they manage to bring back the rest of the Destroids for the Destroyer's Plans mission - I was only able to find three groups of them.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• mrinfinitummrinfinitum Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just Kicked-out as I saw something in zone about them triggering code for the 3rd attempt to get the event running correctly...
    Hope that means something good? =)
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not loading in.. dang it

NM is now..

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • lamina781lamina781 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Allow silver players to use pts so stuff can be tested correctly with a decent number of people instead of every time something is added that you pretty much turn live into pts.
  • wufflechanwufflechan Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You guys ninja nerfed the G that destroids gave, and instead put a lame g reward at the end of the event. Going from 60 ish G for the whole event to....3 g total now. Good job there....yup....no point in doing this event anymore.
  • shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited September 2013

warcanch wrote: »
    In general, I feel it is the overly-long CDs on moderate devices that find them on the UNWANTED list.

I try to use the longer CD items w/ CD reduction stuff to make them a bit more useful, without being OP.
    Yeah, it seems that most devices are either ridiculously overpowered or ridiculously underpowered, with very little in between.

Resistance Leader Megaphone would be more fun to use if you could actually use it more often.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
    edited September 2013
    All is up and running now.

Note that the mission timer seems to have issues sometimes. Regardless of what the timer says, Mega-Ds spawn on the hour, and despawn 20 minutes later.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ever since the latest patch i have been unable to log in, the game client crashes when trying to update the launcher. Before this patch it was fine.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why does the destroids for the destroid invasion also spawn on the dot every hour and disappear 20 minutes later?
    Means I can't do the Mega Dees and the Drifter mission, it has to be one or the other.
    This is problemactic for those who have many alts to do the Drifter missions.
    The result is DPS rushing to kill every mob before they despawn without picking up loot first, which is not good for those playing tanks or healers that can't get kills.
    Again, punishment for not playing DPS.
    edited September 2013
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    Why does the destroids for the destroid invasion also spawn on the dot every hour and disappear 20 minutes later?
    Means I can't do the Mega Dees and the Drifter mission, it has to be one or the other.
    This is problemactic for those who have many alts to do the Drifter missions.
    The result is DPS rushing to kill every mob before they despawn without picking up loot first, which is not good for those playing tanks or healers that can't get kills.
    Again, punishment for not playing DPS.
    This. It means we kind of have to choose. Between a bunch of little robot fights or a -
    MASSIVE SUPER-ROBOT BRAWL!
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • baconsandbaconsand Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Seriously i dont know what the **** are you doing, but i saw more brains in the countries politicians than in this company. You seriously do this short updates and all the things we can see is when you repair 1 bug appears another 5 new?

This game actually have more than 300 bugs that you never repair but i am scared cause each time you repair one we have another 5 for sum to the already have.

I apreciate costumes and events but all players of champions are like more than 2 years with the same contents. And dont tell me alerts are the new contents cause that is low work for a game company. You created star trek online, neverwinter, champions and city of heroes. And seems you do same quantity of content for all the games. I marvel how you still have people playing your games.

I understand that if no subscription no updates but if no updates no subscriptions. People pays for a living game, not for a death game. And most of us are seriously thinking if you just want close this game cause the things you do is like a joke. And i am sure more than one player of this comunity thinks like me.

You need get more respect for the players not only for their wallets.
    edited September 2013
    Hi,

Are you aware of a reason why the resource gift from these Mega D's is no longer based off damage done?

From what I gather they are now granting 3G on defeat or something miniscule like that.

Was this an intentional side effect of the patch or an oversight which should be fixed soon?
    edited September 2013
    Come on, why worry about some craggy resources when you can obtain awesome green gear?
    edited September 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Come on, why worry about some craggy resources when you can obtain awesome green gear?

I see your point. Although green gear does help save the planet, we also need resources to make said planet go round :eek:

:wink:
    edited September 2013
    I am aware cause they are like romans in the bad imperial moments. They give us bread and circus instead what we need. A event of kill 6 mobs. I am sure it was like fight vs titans but isnt a update in my opinion cause isnt new isnt fun and is bugged. If they want surprise someone they are in the worst direction i ever saw in a game company.

And yes i played wow cataclysm and pandaria. I though there arent nothing worst done but cryptic show me every 2 week a new demostration i was wrong. Till i know repeat all the time the same events isnt a update maybe destroyer invasion is the new fools day event.

I want updates i want new maps new enemies new missions new supervillains and new pure action. Not same lazy trash all the time.

The best idea they got was the foundry which is almost like say "we are very lazy for do content do it for us but pay for use it". You must be happy those lifetime players paid you for get lifetime same content. You taked the money and happy enough and now you forgot lifetime means play while you life you sure all people will play for example mario bros with just want level forever? You want people pay and subscribe for what for kill megadestroy, takofanes for ever and ever and ever? Nice business vision.

Tell me if you dont want it.
    edited September 2013
    Be glad you can log in to fight them at all.

Im still waiting on a fix to allow me to do this.

I went from being able to play for years, upto and including hours before the patch that added the mega d event to the client crashing every time afterwards while updating the patcher.
    edited September 2013
    Then if you cant log for repeat the content again i really sorry for you but after 2 years with same content. I prefer say what i think with the stupid hope of the do something to increase the content.
  • liochlioch Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Please reinstate the way that resources were working at the beginning of the event. It really made fighting the Mega-Ds worthwhile even when "winning" (6/6) was not possible.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited September 2013
    This. It means we kind of have to choose. Between a bunch of little robot fights or a -
    MASSIVE SUPER-ROBOT BRAWL!

Small robot fight is quick and paid in Questionite. Big robot brawl is tedious and paid in like... 3 globals?

Easy choice.
    edited September 2013
    Bacon, dude - your accusations of "stupidity" might come across better if you took a few moments to use capital letters, punctuation, and basic grammar in your own posts. Just sayin', it's hard to claim intellectual superiority if you sound like a grade-school dropout. (And no, English not being your first language isn't an excuse for this one, unless you didn't know what "stupid" means.)

Also maybe if you learned a little bit about software engineering, and spent some time chasing bugs in your own code - the little suckers breed, you know, and pop up in the weirdest places. And nobody seems to want to test things on PTS unless they can get some cool shiny for it; I guess they'd rather complain when it goes Live with all the bugs they never looked for before.

edited September 2013
    I see your point. Although green gear does help save the planet, we also need resources to make said planet go round :eek:

:wink:

Personally, I recycle ALL my Green 40 gear.

On this planet, it's Purple gear that keeps it safe. :wink:

Also, Red Questionite will make Grond grow a beard. Or does make him get fat? Hmm... :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited September 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Bacon, dude - your accusations of "stupidity" might come across better if you took a few moments to use capital letters, punctuation, and basic grammar in your own posts. Just sayin', it's hard to claim intellectual superiority if you sound like a grade-school dropout. (And no, English not being your first language isn't an excuse for this one, unless you didn't know what "stupid" means.)

Also maybe if you learned a little bit about software engineering, and spent some time chasing bugs in your own code - the little suckers breed, you know, and pop up in the weirdest places. And nobody seems to want to test things on PTS unless they can get some cool shiny for it; I guess they'd rather complain when it goes Live with all the bugs they never looked for before.

I could use the capital, punctuation and all that grammar but if you think beeing italian i will lost my time with your stupid language puntuation you are wrong. If you dont like read the true bad luck. Lets see you write in italian with puntuation and grammar. Noob lets see if you can. At least dont tell us what is a excuse when you can do it. And if you dont know what stupid means you should use the english dictionary. Stupid is asume all people know write english like a english or stupid is think you have true in all. I just marked my opinion.

I know about software engineering and all more easy to repair if programed in modular system but seems they did all in a big massive code or a becary doing all the job. Cause is nosense repair a costume bug and one boss gets a new bug in the process. I just want people do their work and if they cant do it just take someone who knows how to do it. And like seems you know you should start doing it noob. Blah Blah Blah dont makes you more intelligent search that superiority in other side cause you dont have it.

And another thing if you want education lessons start dont calling me dude maybe you are almost a dinosaur but at least learn that. And about the bugs i send them a long list at ingame ticket and they repaired none so excuses all those excuses you like mention where are?. And dont forget we can accept 200 bugs on a amateur software but how accept in a 4 game creators company more than 200 bugs? If any company of the world uses a testers for the things or paid or volunteers. If they dont use them take for sure people will get angry confuse and bored of a game filled of bugs. But if you keep looking superiority and cause i dont use a grammar and , and . and all that trash. Is cause i prefer say what i want say faster than lost excesive time in a forum and in a game which dont pay attention to bugs also when people reports them. Not always needed report bugs on PTS i did it without use the PTS and got same response. So dinosaur jonsllis or whatever you call, dont think you are more intelligent cause you use ., and that cause i saw a lot who finished the grade-school using it but they dont know what is 2+2 maybe like you dont know. Maybe cause people like you copy while study.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jonsills wrote: »

It is up to Cryptic to test their own stuff and put a product they are happy with out the door. If they aren't getting testers from the player base they should hire some. Companies are way too cheap to do anything other than crowd sourcing these days. So what if I want a shiny? It's a hell of a lot cheaper for them than hiring people.

Last time I tested for a shines they couldn't even award them correctly:rolleyes:

I don't test anymore, for various reasons, the least of which is "lack of shinies". But I do think it would benefit them to give the people who volunteer a little something, each and every time. Pixelated stuff is pretty cheap:wink:

Putting the blame on the consumers for not beta testing is pretty weak. I guess I should've beta tested my 150 dollar shoes that are now falling apart and I felt the need to write n complain about, my fault.
    edited September 2013
    Be glad you can log in to fight them at all.

Im still waiting on a fix to allow me to do this.

I went from being able to play for years, upto and including hours before the patch that added the mega d event to the client crashing every time afterwards while updating the patcher.

Hmm. Have you tried verifying the client? I'm not sure what's causing this, but it might be worth sending a ticket in to Tech Support -- they can usually help find the issue.
    edited September 2013
    For a long time i had to reinstall the client each time as it wouldnt open any other way, with the latest patch when its installed and launched the patcher updating crashes the client.

Tech support were no help in solving why i needed to reinstall so no reason to believe they will be any more help here.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not sure if anyone noticed this yet or not but since the reset yesterday, destroids for the event daily spawn doubles. It seems this happens during and a few minutes after the Mega Ds are up.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
    edited September 2013
    drgmstr wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone noticed this yet or not but since the reset yesterday, destroids for the event daily spawn doubles. It seems this happens during and a few minutes after the Mega Ds are up.

Yeah. To my understanding, with the build we've got right now, it was either this, or no little-destroids except during the Mega-D 20 minutes, since they're tied to the same event. :P Not ideal, but it does mean that they're available all the time.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah. To my understanding, with the build we've got right now, it was either this, or no little-destroids except during the Mega-D 20 minutes, since they're tied to the same event. :P Not ideal, but it does mean that they're available all the time.

It's no big deal, can finish the daily twice as fast now when Mega-Ds are up :biggrin: Thought I point it out.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
    edited September 2013
    From my POV, it's a good thing. I'm leveling a new toon through Westside, and since I have to fight Destroids at almost every mission checkpoint anyway, this means I can run my missions and the Drifter Daily at the same time! :smile:

edited September 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    only some of those destroids don't scale correctly and will show as purple for you even if you aren't on a team

It was explained last year that this might be happening whenever a higher level hero, other then your own, has just passed by. While it makes sense that such could be happening around the RenCen, the only reason it should ever happen on the Westside is because a 40 in on a Nemesis or UNITY Mission.

While it can be annoying, it can also be a blessing if you're using a high DPSer because it means faster leveling. Add in a 20 % XP boost from an Anniversary Experience Booster and you can go from level 8 to 28 in a very short time. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It is up to Cryptic to test their own stuff and put a product they are happy with out the door. If they aren't getting testers from the player base they should hire some. Companies are way too cheap to do anything other than crowd sourcing these days. So what if I want a shiny? It's a hell of a lot cheaper for them than hiring people.

It isn't about companies being cheap. Testers who work for the company know how the game is suppose to work usually. That means there are things they could miss, however players don't know how the content is suppose to work. Hiring more people or throwing money at something isn't going to guarantee a fix, those new employees will run into the same problems as the veteran testers, and eventually you run into DR.

Without this knowledge players will often stumble onto bugs, glitches, exploitative areas that the testers would never have thought to look. In addition some players will go out of their way to break content, this is why they want us to help them test.

Also making shoes and software design are very very different processes, they have absolutely nothing in common.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    baconsand wrote: »
    Then if you cant log for repeat the content again i really sorry for you but after 2 years with same content. I prefer say what i think with the stupid hope of the do something to increase the content.

I've also been playing for 2 years and a repeat offender on the alt-aholics thread.

If by new content(as a lot of people have already pointed out) you mean;
    new zone- few people play it and then go back to trolling ren center unless there is some really good drops, in which case it will be farmed.

end game lair- how many people do any of the ones we have apart from nemcon, regularly.

new mission arcs- what level, where. involving who

adventure pack- how long, involving who (and how many devs do you think we have working on this game.)

New content requires a lot of people which requires a lot of money coming in.
    Neverwinter and Star Trek are big name franchises and they get advertising. They both have big dev teams, STO had 50 before the hirings earlier this year.

Cryptic owns the IP for Champions and doesn't advertise it, for the most part they don't even mention it.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited September 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    I've also been playing for 2 years and a repeat offender on the alt-aholics thread.

If by new content(as a lot of people have already pointed out) you mean;
    new zone- few people play it and then go back to trolling ren center unless there is some really good drops, in which case it will be farmed.

end game lair- how many people do any of the ones we have apart from nemcon, regularly.

new mission arcs- what level, where. involving who

adventure pack- how long, involving who (and how many devs do you think we have working on this game.)

New content requires a lot of people which requires a lot of money coming in.
    Neverwinter and Star Trek are big name franchises and they get advertising. They both have big dev teams, STO had 50 before the hirings earlier this year.

Cryptic owns the IP for Champions and doesn't advertise it, for the most part they don't even mention it.

Lets see yes is needed money for do upgrades but for get money you need content for people want to keep playing. Why you think game population reduced? Or you see same number of maps when takofanes or mega d event? Or you see same number of players than 1 year ago?. People pay for get fun not for get bored repeately. Also if the money is the problem how they will get subscriptions and people paying if they removed the most important bonus of be gold the Freeforms. Now farming all can take it so for what be gold for see just how i launch fire from eyes instead from hands? Poor advantage for 12 euro each month. Also they dont have money for improve this game but yes for create more and more titles which will get unattended like this one too?

This game is created from a paper game, and i am sure there are more story and more villains who find involving mobs for new maps and areas. But is preferably create the alerts and condemn people to do combats of 2, 5 o 10 mins? I am not sure if you see any fun on kill valerian scarlet 5000 times for get a costume which drop rate is around 0.0000000001%. You can get more luck taking hitted by a thunder than watching some co drops. Purple boxes with green and white drops are they a real purple boxes or another ingame bug?

Their unique resources are more boxes for more keys, more 2 mins combats, more costumes and repeat same events all the time. Short amount of things for keep people playing.

About STO and Neverwinter so you are directly telling than this title is just and directly abandoned. So they are just waiting for we get bored of the game for close it? So we dont have a devs we have a one becary working in co while he gives coffee to senior devs? So that means cryptic is like a amateur game designers maybe they should put their games in sourceforge instead on perfectworld.