test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I have seen Cryptic North with my Own Eyes!

Comments

• cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm actually down in California, in the Bay Area. Milk: Dodged. :biggrin:

Oh No, Trailturtle. You's makin' a road trip. You's makin' one...
  • gfnotaku1gfnotaku1 Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »

Actually... I can confirm that the Heavy Axe is still around. Dropped for me in Resistance after my first fight (ever) with Drogen Lar. Asked around in Zone if it was worth anything before going "meh" and using it.
    This post is brought to you by:
    Villain-Mart, the only shopping franchise that caters to that diabolic need. This week at Villain-Mart, save 2 dollars on smoke machines when you shop with your CrimeCard and get buy-one-get-one-free on henchmen and scientists. Villain-Mart! You might be criminal, but our prices aren't!
  • seratuhlseratuhl Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When will Lifetime Subscribers get ALL the perks for free? I mean Star Trek Online, another Cryptic game, has their own LTS program and THEY get all the perks upon purchase...so why not Champions?
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    gfnotaku1 wrote: »
    Actually... I can confirm that the Heavy Axe is still around. Dropped for me in Resistance after my first fight (ever) with Drogen Lar. Asked around in Zone if it was worth anything before going "meh" and using it.

Oops sorry just copy&pasted from other thread. >.<
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh No, Trailturtle. You's makin' a road trip. You's makin' one...

I got the black bag and the directions on my phone. You got the unmarked van?
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    seratuhl wrote: »
    When will Lifetime Subscribers get ALL the perks for free? I mean Star Trek Online, another Cryptic game, has their own LTS program and THEY get all the perks upon purchase...so why not Champions?

This and the cost are the only things keeping me from getting an LTS.
  • hotstuff1701hotstuff1701 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This and the cost are the only things keeping me from getting an LTS.

Speaking of which, how about a sale on LTS?
  • shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Speaking of which, how about a sale on LTS?
    A general C-store sale would also be nice... since, you know, we've had them for past anniversary events.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • notburningchicknotburningchick Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just a quick observation ...

The folks here are much nicer when they can see someone who actually works on the game take some time to interact with us.

Sometimes it helps just to know the lights are still on.

Cheers and thanks!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »

Please link to what you are quoting if it isn't from the same thread. Otherwise you appear to be lying.
  • vikaernesvikaernes Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hell, it's been a long time since I've felt a want to read through 12 pages of a CO forum thread.

Thanks for making me want to do that.
  • ussnighthawkussnighthawk Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have way too many suggestions and questions to post (some probably not particularly important considering everything else in this game that could use some TLC), so I'll just say it's good to see a lively dev team around here.

No relation to "the" Nighthawk.

Refugee from Paragon City. :(

[SIGPIC]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z297/MetalRacer78/FacesOfNighthawk-ForumSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    well this is something that i thought i would never see, i'm still on the fence though, we'll see if these guys can even deliver, and not get funneled off into new world order, and star trek.

as long as there is a foundry, the nem system expansion, and new zones i don't really care what they do, this game has been left to rot for years anyways so have my standards of it

but when the successor projects for city of heroes are out, i hope there is a VERY GOOD reason for me to stay here
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Okay, then, someone needs to volunteer to make radioscience a super cool avatar to go with that super cool logon name. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Okay, then, someone needs to volunteer to make radioscience a super cool avatar to go with that super cool logon name. :smile:

I think we should have a repeat of Lord Gar's costume/avatar contest.

What say you, O Turtle of the Trails?
    First entry for Radio Science's Avatar:

vJgK8bI.png

Smaller icon size:

LfpeVVH.png
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    actually I have one other question, linked to the "do you guys play co" one. did any of you guys play city of heroes?

a number of us played both or moved over here from there, and that tends to color some ideas we have. like my plant set question i tend to link its aesthetics to the nature affinity set from there. now obviously we aren't asking you to plagiarize(out loud at least :P) and you need to do your own thing, but it kind of builds a common frame of reference for suggestions if you have experience with what we mean. otherwise we can just explain it better.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    If a unicycle vehicle ever becomes available, I might even break my vow about never opening lockboxes. Captain Americlown needs his Harley-Davidson unicycle! :smile:

And the news about your old Champions habit is possibly the most encouraging thing I've ever heard any CO dev say. It's a pity NND attacks are probably too difficult to code with the engine given - I'd love to remake Starscream (no relation), with his 10d6 NND 0-Range AoE Cone Sonic attack (Defense is deafness or at least 10 points of Armor covering ears), coupled with an 8d6 Energy Blast (fusion)... boy, did he ever eat through his END points in a fight...

champions game- one person wrote down TF (single wheeled muscle powered vehicles) he was forever after known as the phantom unicyclist
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited September 2013
    I got the black bag and the directions on my phone. You got the unmarked van?

Oh, see you mentioned the bag over his head and I got an idea.

We can Milk-board him. It's like, you know, waterboarding. Except with milk.

Zero Dork Thirty interrogation scene begins.

Trailturtle just became a GOTMILK detainee indefinitely.
    edited September 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    at least they havent banned milk boarding yet :biggrin:

It's not torture. It's a 'Calcium-Enhanced Interrogation Technique'.
  • kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi, Radio!

Thanks for posting. I know a lot of people here were really wanting to see an official presence from Cryptic North on the forums.

I saw one of the Cars in CO actually climb a hill once. It was like watching a slow motion wheelie! :D:D:D

Hoping to hear more from you guys in the future.
  • gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just wanted to say hi and welcome to you two (since you're getting lots of questions to answer already) :biggrin:.

Im also glad to see aura are coming (I hope).
  • pachiirupachiiru Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have but a single question.

Any chance of bringing back the freeform grab bag for a second run?
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hopefully you've seen this, but I had some words for you awhile back. While a few things have been done in the meantime (thank you for the new emotes and the bug fixes!), most of the advice stands.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=227451

So welcome, and thanks for dropping by! Just watch it with the NNDs, those are painful.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    well this is something that i thought i would never see, i'm still on the fence though, we'll see if these guys can even deliver, and not get funneled off into new world order, and star trek.

as long as there is a foundry, the nem system expansion, and new zones i don't really care what they do, this game has been left to rot for years anyways so have my standards of it

but when the successor projects for city of heroes are out, i hope there is a VERY GOOD reason for me to stay here

Your going to be on the fence a LOOOOOOONG time, sorry.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • slumpywpgslumpywpg Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    .....must.... resist.... urge...... to reinstall
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    slumpywpg wrote: »
    .....must.... resist.... urge...... to reinstall
    Give in to your urges, young Skywa- er, I mean Slumpywig...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We only complain because we know how good CO -could- be.

Now that we are aware you exist...I for one eagerly anticipate further fixes, here's hoping this is a prelude to better times for CO yet.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    we Only Complain Because We Know How Good Co -could- Be.

Now That We Are Aware You Exist...i For One Eagerly Anticipate Further Fixes, Here's Hoping This Is A Prelude To Better Times For Co Yet.

Word!

#Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I know some of you have been feeling a bit neglected lately, and we really don't want that, so I'll be on the forums to answer a few questions here and there.

I see you have an absolute mastery of understatement!

So. I suppose I'd ask whether you comprehend how vast the dissatisfaction is, and why (content gaps + duration + lack of communication).

But I don't suppose I'd get a good answer to that, so I'll content myself with noting that this is very promising after years of howling void.

I wouldn't be scrambling to queue up to polish his knob quite yet, though, until anything substantive actually happens.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    He's Design Lead, not your mom. Maybe he is your mom.
    Let your mom doodle and sculpt, posting to the forums doesn't get the game made.
  • imperviumimpervium Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Radioscience and team-- I haven't played Champions Online in a long time, but I just wanted to let ya'll know, this thread is causing quite a stir in communities around the Internet and that's what brought me here. CO wasn't able to retain me and many of my friends from City of Heroes, all because of a problem that Cryptic North seems interested in remedying: investment. I can't describe in mere words how nice that is to hear.

A lot of people are glad to hear that. We are cautiously excited. So a lot of fans in the super hero MMO genre are buzzing about your Q&A session right now. CO has never had the life and devotion put into it that City of Heroes did, but you know what? Nobody ever says anything rotten about CO's potential. They say things like, "CO could exceed COH if they wanted to." No one doubts this game's potential. Consequently, I know I don't have to tell you why the MMO community has been frustrated with CO.

So yeah, build it and we will come, super speed-like. You will be rolling in some serious dough.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • cyberzubzeroicyberzubzeroi Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hey and welcomen.........
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    He's Design Lead, not your mom. Maybe he is your mom.
    Let your mom doodle and sculpt, posting to the forums doesn't get the game made.

egv6h-happy-old-man.jpeg
    edited September 2013
    I apologize for my last post, but... wow.

Cryptic North, do you have _any_ idea just how angry some people are about this game? And why?

The good news is, results matter, so if you do a lot of cool stuff, most of those angry people will get past it and throw money at this game.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited September 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Give in to your urges, young Skywa- er, I mean Slumpywig...

You're not Spider-Bat at all... You're the Emperor!

{ points accusingly }

I KNEW IT!

:wink: :biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You're not Spider-Bat at all... You're the Emperor!

{ points accusingly }

I KNEW IT!

:wink: :biggrin:

He also looks a lot like my old English tutor @_@&quot;
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Cryptic North, do you have _any_ idea just how angry some people are about this game? And why?
    some of you have been feeling a bit neglected lately

Yeah, i think they have some kind of idea.
    :rolleyes:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited September 2013
    My point is that I don't know if he's wildly understating it out of droll humor or ignorance.

I mean, there are three things wrong with his statement... 'some of you' 'a bit' and 'lately.'

edited September 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    He also looks a lot like my old English tutor @_@&quot;

More evidence! :eek:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    or the cursed one. I need dem eyes, but if auras are coming, I may get something like that as an aura before too long.. :biggrin:

I want the eyes and gloves. Already have both the boots.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I heard an important question in zone chat that maybe Radiostud can answer.

Why does Socrates butt have so many polygons?
  • gfnotaku1gfnotaku1 Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I heard an important question in zone chat that maybe Radiostud can answer.

Why does Socrates butt have so many polygons?

...because rounded objects require more polygons that flatter ones?
    This post is brought to you by:
    Villain-Mart, the only shopping franchise that caters to that diabolic need. This week at Villain-Mart, save 2 dollars on smoke machines when you shop with your CrimeCard and get buy-one-get-one-free on henchmen and scientists. Villain-Mart! You might be criminal, but our prices aren't!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    he left at about page 8 or 9
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wow, the devs really do exist.

This is like going your entire adult life snickering and laughing at the deluded children who still believe in Santa Claus. Still a bit angry and biter because he never did give you that pony you so desperately wanted.

Only to suddenly find out that, Santa really does exist. And he just came up and said hello.

While I proceed to pick up the tiny fragments of my shattered mind. I have just two things to say...

Awesome to finally have you with us.....and where is my DANG PONY?! :biggrin:
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Wow, the devs really do exist.

This is like going your entire adult life snickering and laughing at the deluded children who still believe in Santa Claus. Still a bit angry and biter because he never did give you that pony you so desperately wanted.

Only to suddenly find out that, Santa really does exist. And he just came up and said hello.

While I proceed to pick up the tiny fragments of my shattered mind. I have just two things to say...

Awesome to finally have you with us.....and where is my DANG PONY?! :biggrin:

This reads like a short story. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hello and thank you for talking to the community.

My only simple request is that bear heads are allowed to wear ushankas. Everything else I would have asked seems to already have been answered.