test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I have seen Cryptic North with my Own Eyes!

radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
Hi, everyone.

I'm the Design Lead for Champions Online. I work at Cryptic North. I know some of you have been feeling a bit neglected lately, and we really don't want that, so I'll be on the forums to answer a few questions here and there.

Here are a few quick answers to questions you may have had about Cryptic North.

1. Cryptic North really exists.
2. Cryptic North is not an independent studio or company. We're super cool Cryptic people working out of Seattle.
3. Cryptic North is not in Canada.
Post edited by radioscience on

Comments

• lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We're super cool

Is that actually true?
  • cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well hey there! Welcome to the CO forums. It's definitely great seeing a new dev post.

So, since you said you would be answering a few questions I have just a few to start you off with.

1) Is Cryptic North working SOLELY on Champions Online? Or are your resources being split to other projects as well?

2) Could we get a rounded guestimate of how many members are currently on the Cryptic North Team?

3) Will Cryptic North be branching out it's development time to other areas of Champions besides Mini-Events and filling Lockboxes with goodies?

4) Is it possible to get a new Mini-Zone, that can be added on in future updates to eventually build it into a Full New Zone? Seeing as asking for a Full New Zone up front may be a bit of a stretch. *shrug*

That's all I got for now, any answers are greatly appreciated. Thx.:wink:

PS: I got one last question I just have to toss in because it's something that's been buggin' me a bit.

5) CO players have long been accustomed to buy COMPLETE costume sets, which is great when trying to build a new character. I understand why CO now sells Costume Pieces inside Lockboxes, but I wonder if Cryptic understands how this change effects the players ability to earn complete costume sets to make a new character with. It wasn't so bad when there were only 3-5 costume pieces in a particular Lockbox. Now that we're starting to see up to 8 or more pieces to gamble for it's can REALLY break ones budget trying to unlock a full set. Yes you can also buy the pieces players sell in the Action House for Resources, but after awhile players stop opening a particular lockbox and you never see new pieces up for sale. So you could potentially never obtain them.

My questions is this: Would it be possible to find some kind of compromise in this area? Keep your format for Costume Pieces as is, but after a few weeks add the set to the Questionite Store or Z-Store for players to purchase. You can sell them as a group set or individual pieces. What do you think?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    deathstar_jpg_w300h265.jpg

/grabs popcorn for questionmeltdownhour
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Welcome, RadioScience! Good to see another developer out here!
    biffsig.jpg
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    *pokes Dev Team* HEY GUYS! THEY EXIST!!

Welcome to CO Forums, it is nice to hear from Cryptic North!

Are there any plans to go back and look at the power system? There are some powers which could do with a make over, some could do with a rework and in some cases entire mechanic reviews would be nice to see.

Also some powers could do with working better with each other in set, or flat out being better.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So, what'cha you all working on for CO once we get all the bug fixes on PTS applied and the Mega-D invasion ends? I think we'd all love to see some sneak peeks and such. :D
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Welcome to the forums!

I'll start with something that's been bugging me a while. On Alert removed a ton of weapon unlocks. Here's a list compiled. Everything with a red dot = gone, completely unable to obtain unless someone has had it locked away in a bank for a year and a half. Even then, the prices are extortionate.

Any plans to give those back?

If so, people have been complaining about a lack of new costume sets in the C-Store, and this could solve two problems at once. The models are already in game, so it wouldn't require diverting an artist's attention from other work. Something similar has been done in the past when the Iron Age costume pack was released. The ARGENT Pistol (a costume drop from Whiteout that is bugged to be character bound) was included in it, so we know it can be done.

The C-Store option would also circumvent the Power Replacers tech issue, which is the reason we were told they were removed in the first place. I'd be happy if they dropped as plain costume unlocks like Heavy Weapons do, but that's probably unfeasible. So, C-Store would work, and earn some money for you guys as well.

Honestly, I'll be happy as long as they return outside the Drifter store or a lockbox.

Oh, and while we're on the subject, how about the other removed costume unlocks, like the Nemcon and Therekiel's Temple pieces? Can we get those back too?

Sorry if this was a bit long. I wanted to be thorough. Questions in yellow for ease of spotting.
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Are we going to get the c-store back on the pts?
  • borg10f9borg10f9 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi and welcome to the forums!

You're going to be overloaded with questions, so I will just say-

Thank you for stopping by. And thank you for keeping Champions going. :biggrin:
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi, everyone.

I'm the Design Lead for Champions Online. I work at Cryptic North. I know some of you have been feeling a bit neglected lately, and we really don't want that, so I'll be on the forums to answer a few questions here and there.

2. Cryptic North is not an independent studio or company. We're super cool Cryptic people working out of Seattle.

Right, now some of us are aware of who Cryptic North used to be. Some of us liked a certain Pirate mmo you guys worked on. Any chance of a decent Pirate costume set now =^.^=
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • kirsroskirsros Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Behold, the lead dev of Cryptic Norths first and possibly last post. Bask in its warm glow, felllow forumgoers!
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Neither are we. Kigatilik is spawn-camped too much these days.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    GREETINGS radioscience of the Cryptic Studios Team!!!

Welcome to the forums.

I will hold back from bombarding you with questions, but I have to ask...

Can we get some full costume sets to purchase in the C-Store?

Even if they are collections of ones that are locked away for no reason, at least a reason that is unclear to me. Such costumes include: The Armadillo set, The Rhino head, and well of course I am blanking, but there have been several threads pointing out costume pieces that seem like they just need to be activated for us to use.

I would really love to give Cryptic my money for something other than lock boxes and Vehicles is all.

I also wanted to add that the end fights to the events we have received have been really fun, great work on the Harbinger. The only complaint I honestly have is that they are locked behind Alerts...*holds back rage*

and the Malvan thing sucked-only because I failed all the time :) and too be honest, fighting normal mobs that we have seen billions of times made it seem...not as epic.

On top of that, the new costumes pieces have been great quality, here's hoping for Auras soon! :D
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Quick, get the jar!
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Welcome to the forums, Radioscience, and thanks for breaking Radiosilence! (Thought for a minute I was going to have to make the trip up to Seattle and get a pic of the office door just to prove you exist... :smile:)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    All right. Here we go.

1) The CO Team is not the whole of Cryptic North.

2) We're not ready to announce future content plans for Champions, but we are paying attention to your feedback about the events this year.

3) We've been talking about the old weapon skins, but I really don't want to promise anything will happen until the work is actually checked in.

4) Speaking personally, I'm still a little burned out on pirate costumes.

5) New costumes will be appearing in the C-Store.

6) Please don't drive to Seattle to knock on the old Flying Lab door. I think it's a dentist's office now. They'll be very confused.
    edited September 2013
    All right. Here we go.

1) The CO Team is not the whole of Cryptic North.

2) We're not ready to announce future content plans for Champions, but we are paying attention to your feedback about the events this year.

3) We've been talking about the old weapon skins, but I really don't want to promise anything will happen until the work is actually checked in.

4) Speaking personally, I'm still a little burned out on pirate costumes.

5) New costumes will be appearing in the C-Store.

6) Please don't drive to Seattle to knock on the old Flying Lab door. I think it's a dentist's office now. They'll be very confused.

Thanks for the answers and honesty!

OH! hey while your looking at bugs...can you make it so we can have goatee's with helmets and masks? PLEEEEEASE?...we can have Viking beards but no simple goatees...I would be the happiest player if we could. :D
  • blueionstormzblueionstormz Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Welcome to the forums and thanks for dropping by. :smile:
    "Reason can get you to probability, but only commitment can get you to certainty." - Timothy Keller
    Archived CO Wiki site
  • lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    Thanks for the answers and honesty!

OH! hey while your looking at bugs...can you make it so we can have goatee's with helmets and masks? PLEEEEEASE?...we can have Viking beards but no simple goatees...I would be the happiest player if we could. :D

I'll add that to the list.
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Can you also make it so the wings on the female body sit on the back and not on the shoulder blade..also...can the wolf beast heads have their eyes blink and their mouths closed?
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Welcome to the boards and thank you for the communication.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You have NO IDEA how happy I am to see you guys posting!
    I can tick one off of my Crypto Bucket List!
    Now just to get a few confirmed posts from Sasquatch, Nessi, and Washington's Eagle.

Sorry, couldn't resist:biggrin:

Anyway, glad to make your acquaintance and am truly looking forward to the new Goodies to come. I am a HUGE costume fan and that New Costumes announcement has me drooling and warming up my Wallet Pitching Arm!

P.S., look up a recent post by CanadaScott where he runs a Nemesis Creation Contest.
    You would do well to give this an official Seal Of Approval, if it is at all feasible. It would be great public relations for you folks, a nice boon for the Nemesis Alerts, and make your Player Base deliriously happy, especially if you paste it all over your Launcher and Splash Pages.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This...pretty much changes some things.

And actual answers about store and dev team?

You guys pretty much cut it right onto the minute of my three month deadline. Looks like I'm not jumping ship just yet.

Edit:
    I have a question now that I see other people's questions? Is there any chance of reviewing everything that the dev team has ever produced since launch that never made it in the game but assets were already made for? And then DOING something with those assets?
  • dardovedardove Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I only have one question.

Kitten action figure?
    edited September 2013
    This...pretty much changes some things.

And actual answers about store and dev team?

You guys pretty much cut it right onto the minute of my three month deadline. Looks like I'm not jumping ship just yet.

O.K., quick!
    Wish for World Peace and a Billion Dollars!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • leroyswishleroyswish Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hello Cryptic North.

It's me, Leroy. I was wondering about a few things and hope I can get your immediate opinion on the following:

1). Fixing the Nemesis System

2). Implementing Wheel-Based Vehicles

3). Bringing the Foundry to CO

4). New(?) Voice Actors
    See Stitch on PRIMUS Database

If you have to force a fart, it's probably s***
    edited September 2013
    I have a question now that I see other people's questions? Is there any chance of reviewing everything that the dev team has ever produced since launch that never made it in the game but assets were already made for? And then DOING something with those assets?

...No.

We don't really have the resources to mount an archaeological dig, but when we stumble across something usable, we do try to put it to use.
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Who stole Dr Cerebellum's brain?
    While she was eventually rescued it's still a mystery, especially after the trail of destruction her prototype empty robot suit caused during her absence.

And who still has her retro scifi bubbledome floppy antennae? I'm sure there is some super-weapon using their electro-conduits as the focussing mechanism aiming for some innocent and unsuspecting population as we speak.

Surely only a truly diabolical evil mastermind could be behind it all? And it wasn't even her Nemesis the Sinister Saturnian Star Worm either as she was also effected by the kidnapping plot!

Oh and speaking of Nemesis.. it's such an awesome epic feature of Champions i think it should be moved to a lower level and given a big lot of expansion content rather han left languishing and bugged. Sure it's hard to sort out priorities but as one of the unique and cool distinctions of CO i think it deserves some extra polish.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • supersharkssupersharks Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Welcome to the boards, good to hear from you!

My questions:

1, Any plans to give us all our old power replacers back? There is a whole set of items that completely change the graphics, sound and damage types of entire power frameworks. Any plans to give these back? They're still in the game.

2, Any plans to give us all our old weapon unlocks back? Someone already linked a page to these.

Lastly, good to hear from you.
    edited September 2013
    leroyswish wrote: »
    Hello Cryptic North.

1). Fixing the Nemesis System

2). Implementing Wheel-Based Vehicles

3). Bringing the Foundry to CO

4). New(?) Voice Actors

Hello, Leroy. I am not Cryptic North, just someone who works in the office.

I do not have an answer about the Nemesis system or the Foundry today. Voice acting is literally someone else's department.

Wheeled vehicles, though, I can talk about. We planned to do them. I think we even said we planned to do them. Then we went to make them and discovered that Champions lacks a critical bit of tech that the more recent games have. In Champions, if you stand on a slope, you are always completely vertical. We can't make ground vehicles hug the ground.

We could make a unicycle or a pogo stick, but bikes and cars are too big for a single connection point to the ground to look good.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • variatasvariatas Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We could make a unicycle or a pogo stick

Clown pack is go? It might not be motorcycles, but battle-unicycles would possibly be awesome enough to make up for that.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ...No.

We don't really have the resources to mount an archaeological dig, but when we stumble across something usable, we do try to put it to use.

Oh I didn't mean through back years hidden in the coding. I was referring to the promises not fully realized like hideouts. Only things half done.
  • vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for the reply! Now for a less serious question.

Who's your favorite character in CO? Mine's this guy.
    edited September 2013
    variatas wrote: »
    Clown pack is go? It might not be motorcycles, but battle-unicycles would possibly be awesome enough to make up for that.

Hells To The Yess!
    Battleclown Powers GO!!

edited September 2013
    lordgar wrote: »
    I'll add that to the list.

Please don't take offense, but I was told that in an ask cryptic before >:(

But thank you very much for responding :D
  • matixzonmatixzon Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh man.
    Really, Can you finish Hideouts?
    I'm pretty sure the assets for the additional rooms were made, they just weren't made to work and hooked up.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This thread is full of awesome. Feel free to post and visit these forums any time you want, we won't bite......most of us anyway.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I do not have an answer about the Nemesis system or the Foundry today.

No Foundry today. Foundry tomorrow. There's always a Foundry tomorrow.

What? Sooner or later... FOUNDRY.
    In Champions, if you stand on a slope, you are always completely vertical. We can't make ground vehicles hug the ground.

I would suggest you look at how NPCs (Non-Player Cars) handle the ramps from Westside to RenCen, but I've seen enough of them wheelie past the Champions jet to think better of it.
    We could make a unicycle or a pogo stick, but bikes and cars are too big for a single connection point to the ground to look good.

BATTLE SEGWAY JOUSTING!

24908935.jpg
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Actually, I'm so please with this as I see it as a very much needed positive PR move and the possibility for opening the gateway for better communication(TT already does an excellent job so don't get me wrong but more is..well...MORE). I think my line of questioning will be a touch easier than some of the other excellent questions.

1. Have you ever played CO?
    2. If yes, what kind of toon do you play?
    3. if yes, SCREENSHOT please.
    4. If yes, do you have at least 1 level 40 toon?
    5. If yes, do the other people at CN actually play CO?
    6. If yes, See questions 2-4 for them.
    7. How strong of a grasp does Cryptic North currently have on the Champions(PnP and CO) Lore?
    8. Do you know who Thundrax is? If no, please find out. :biggrin:
    9. Do you plan on getting an Icon and/or sig for a better presentation of yourself? If you haven't thought about this talk to Lordgar. He had a contest to have people make his for him so it is possible to get help from the community. ;)

Ok, that should about cover things for the momment. Welcome to the forums and, once again, thanks for the communication. :cool:

P.S. Neverwinter, our newest neighbors, had this event called Tymora's Gift. It, to the eyes of a non-Cryptic programmer, seemed very simple and yet was very well recieved. The premise is just boxes that drop in the loot table when you kill mobs within your XP range. The boxes drop for a lil while and, in a rough CO conversion, could have(this is just my suggestion for an example but it would rock if this was used IMO):

-10k Questionite
    -1 of 3 new costume unlocks
    -3 Hardy Stouts(healing item)
    -50 Globals
    -1 Perminant Water Balloon Device
    -1 of 3(pick 3) of the Lost Weapon Unlocks
    1 of 3(pick 3) no longer available Action Figures(like Restro Destroyer, Steampunk, or Defender Power Armor)
    -1 somewhat common CO version of the "Savage Runestone(a CO Core)" that is only available during little events like this so people actually try to collect them and combine them for ranking up. It's basically a core that has 2 types of secondary benefits instead of one but with the value you would get from an actual core split between them. Example, for Offense it would be like +X Critical Strike and +X Critical Severity.

Now this is just a very small "fun event" that could be ran on random weekends when nothing major is going on(obvious jokes aside). It's not something on the scale of The Lemurian Invasion, Forum Malvanum, or Fatal Error. It is, however, something that seems pretty simple, could be used multiple times, and would likely make alot of players happy since it's something to do as well as a way to get some of the lost things.

BTW, if you do this idea(PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO THIS IDEA) please do not make the rewards BoP since this murders the idea of players giving things away to less fortunate friends.

Ok, that's something to consider. :biggrin:

P.S.S. THANK YOU FOR TALKING TO US...this bit kinda made my day. :cool:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thx you sir for you quick honest answers.

Unfortunately for you your answers were so quick I'll just have to ask some more questions!:tongue:

1) Can we expect any new forms of Developer based communication in the near future, such as Dev Diaries and such?

2) Can we expect a new Until Field Report anytime soon, showcasing what's in development and where Champions is headed in the coming months?

3) Devices are a fun thing for players to utilize, but some are also quite powerful and having up to 5 extra powers can often turn the tides of a Duel/PvP match. My question here is, would it be at all possible to add a check box that allows players to select weather they do or do not want to use devices in Duels. Players that have them will still get to duel other players that have them as they always have. Players that do not can select to only fight other players that don't use devices. This may help more people get into PvPing more often, if they're not always getting steamrolled. This is more of a random thought, I'm not sure if it would be entirely worth the effort of implementing.

4) An Ultimate Powers Revamp is something I personally feel the game could use. Changing them in a way that every build would benefit from having them. Changing them in a way that actually feels like they are the ULTIMATE powers. Several ideas/suggestions on how to go about it, plus ideas/suggestions for NEW Ultimate's for EACH individual Powerset have been discussed in detail over on "THIS THREAD." Is an Ultimate's Revamp something that the team would like to do, or something that would be possible to do in the not so distant future?
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Welcome, and glad to here a response from the actual people who develop! No really, there were several posts a few months back that were practically begging and screaming for some response, any response, that you all existed.

So kudos! And please stick around. If people seem jaded, it's only because of the number of times we've been burned (namely that STO and NWO get more attention, and many of the people who are refugees from CoH feel particularly uneasy that this game will be stable).

This topic, it does a lot of good, just by existing. Really. :smile:

That said I now turn to my fellow forumites and go WHAT THE HECK?! That's ALL you're going to ask? Really, costumes?

A bit disappointed there, there's a lot of work to be done, particularly when it comes to bug fixing and polishing (includes a re-examination of rewards for everything, some sort of incentive for Zones, PvP queues, and even old missions or undesirable missions such as Sky Command need to be looked at and revised). Even the Auction House GUI is one of the WORST in the entire MMO gaming industry.

But I feel a measure of hope restored, that there is indeed a studio of developers out there who are interested in seeing Champions Online succeed.

First steps to improvement:
    1. Can you please give us some details on what kind of bugs are being worked on?
    2. Can we please get patch notes back please? It's hard to praise even the good changes when they are unknown and silent!
    3. Are the issues caused by Smash Alerts going to be addressed? (there's a lot of good discussion, with some ranting, on these forums regarding that. But some solid feedback)
    4. Can we get regular polls as a quick & simple means of giving feedback to you?
    5. What are your longer term plans for keys? (cosmic keys, which currently control the in-game economy in Champions Online) Will you ever consider selling incremental increases to the ridiculously low 250g resource cap for Silver players, like how Star Trek Online already has? Lifetimers like myself are finding it increasingly difficult to do sales with anything other than trading keys as a fiat currency (which let me tell you really sucks if you're not online during peak hours).
    6. What are your long term plans for the Questionite store? Any chance we can get specific mod types available for direct purchase (would also help balance out mod prices in the Auction-House and free-trade market)
    7. Are you paying attention to the prices of keys::resources/gold and questionite::zen? If so, how frequently is this checked?
    8. Do you have plans to make another Cosmic Series on the scale of Whiteout or something even more epic like Aftershock?
    9. Any news on the availability of the Foundry? Or even nemesis content improvements?
    10. When might we be able to purchase a supergroup hideout? Or upgrades to existing hideouts?
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi, everyone.

You'll find that this post is all that some of us really wanted.

Well that, and some love for the Nemesis system. Please, please, please, guys, just consider looking into it? It is a really nifty feature for this game, possibly my favorite after the tailor.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ..... Champions lacks a critical bit of tech that the more recent games have. In Champions, if you stand on a slope, you are always completely vertical. We can't make ground vehicles hug the ground.

Are we to understand then, that putting this missing but critical piece of tech into Champions Online is either 'not possible', or just 'not feasible with our current resource allocations', and therefore simply not likely to ever happen?

That's what you seem to be more than implying. Which would be sad.

And wouldn't bode well for future Foundry conversion to Champions, nor living Mounts from the Neverwinter assets.

EDIT; I promise to have more lucid questions rather than what is really just commentary in the form of a query sometime tomorrow. it's late and I have to work in the morning.
  • kirsroskirsros Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    New costumes will be appearing in the C-Store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjjZGyYcH9E
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Good to see you. With one post, you just convinced me to not go on hiatus. :)
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • supersharkssupersharks Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Might we get to see vehicles usable in any zone? Right now they can't be used in many zones which we really should be able to use them in and are outdoor and we can't use them in any meaningful fight as everything is instanced. Making them usable in any zone would make them much more useful.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Will we ever have emotes with props?
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kirsros wrote: »

my reaction as well. the costumes are and will pretty be the big thing about this game, and after the lockbox thing seemed to be tilting a little too close to the look of any of the several horrible chinese/korean mmos that only put their new costume content in gamble packs i was getting a really negative feel for this game, glad to see they are paying attention. when those sets come, I will buy them.

Beyond that, not much to say, i have noticed questions with devs tend to take a knack, because some stuff they cant answer, its not their department, it hasn't been planned out yet, or marketing would shiv them. So the bes i can say is please keep looking at our feedback. this game has unique qualities that could make it great, just keep an open ear to the fans.

ok, one solid question, has there been any discussion of a revamp for crowd control powers. at present they are drastically outshone by just piling on damage, so is there work being done into making them at least situationally desirable?

Again, glad to see ya, this means a lot and will help dissipate a lot of hard feelings seeing you guys and gals here. just please keep coming. (and make a plant power sets :D )