What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TK Blades

2»

Comments

• monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    l1ghtstar wrote: »
    Kiga is a good measurement for a well balanced build, however, he's not the perfect or most ideal. The reason being is because I can pop a Stormbringer or an Ice Form toon which'll resist his attacks a lot easier (offensively passively speaking) thus improve DPS on him, Kiga. The best way to test any build is to get an in-the-powerhouse-cosmic that we can manipulate the type of damage and so forth. THIS IS ONLY FOR DPS PURPOSES. The reason Monster is finding greater success with his sturdier toons is because he's building to be better at fighting kiga. Monster briefly mentioned Con primary and Defiance. Con primary has a spec point with energy + Defiance granting energy, I'm sure those were used, which contributed in energy management. On the other hand, since I tend to use Offensive passive toons, they'll perform quite differently.

I'm sorry my friend but this statement really bothers me. You're ignoring the fact that no matter what there is going to be a cap on DPS based on the powers you choose. I know you feel that no power set is better than others and we're just going to have to agree to disagree because I find objective evidence that this is simply not true.

Kiga is just fine for testing and I have tested plenty of builds with no energy return on damage in Defensive and Offensive passive roles. And that CON primary toon I mentioned has no need for the energy spec (offensive role toon).

Also my personal opinion is that I just can't consider a build energy efficient if it relies on EB. A second of EB use in 5, 10, even 15 seconds is just going to be a drain on DPS. I dropped Spirit Reverberation from my builds for that reason (although I might try it again with Seraphim thanks to Carrionbaggage.)
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2013

2. You spam a high damaging power(s) of your choice as many times as possible
    3. have enough energy management to efficiently spam the power(s) non-stop, uninterrupted
    Then you'll have a successful build, capable of achieving high DPS numbers.
    Also my personal opinion is that I just can't consider a build energy efficient if it relies on EB. A second of EB use in 5, 10, even 15 seconds is just going to be a drain on DPS. I dropped Spirit Reverberation from my builds for that reason (although I might try it again with Seraphim thanks to Carrionbaggage.)

Based on these two quotes, I'd deem my build incapable of high DPS numbers based on the fact that I -have- to use an energy builder at least once on my build.

Then again...I haven't tested using gear that I would usually use on my level 40s, namely Legion Gear.

The toon I intend to convert has Legion, I suppose to get a more accurate feel for what experience would be like I should test with Legion?
  • l1ghtstarl1ghtstar Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm sorry my friend but this statement really bothers me. You're ignoring the fact that no matter what there is going to be a cap on DPS based on the powers you choose. I know you feel that no power set is better than others and we're just going to have to agree to disagree because I find objective evidence that this is simply not true.

Kiga is just fine for testing and I have tested plenty of builds with no energy return on damage in Defensive and Offensive passive roles. And that CON primary toon I mentioned has no need for the energy spec (offensive role toon).

I got a feeling you might be overlooking my main point.
    1.I agree that Kiga is "just fine for testing", HOWEVER, he's not the perfect test for all toons for the reasons specified previously. To measure DPS the ideal situation is to
    get an in-the-powerhouse-cosmic that we can manipulate the type of damage and so forth
    2. Just to clarify, I believe that the conjunction of the powers you, the builder in general (aka the reader, audience), choose will determine how good your DPS.
    2. You spam a high damaging power(s) of your choice as many times as possible

Agreed. That's why I said:
    3.have enough energy management to efficiently spam the power(s) non-stop, uninterrupted
    Based on these two quotes, I'd deem my build incapable of high DPS numbers based on the fact that I -have- to use an energy builder at least once on my build.

Then again...I haven't tested using gear that I would usually use on my level 40s, namely Legion Gear.

The toon I intend to convert has Legion, I suppose to get a more accurate feel for what experience would be like I should test with Legion?

This is the tricky part, and I may have to refine my statement a little more for clarification. Specifically speaking about a Galaxi build. Though it is true that the build might be energy hungry due to the stats picked, my exp is that the only time you'll "stall" (for lack of a better word), is when you are in a prolonged fight, like a boss fight for example. However, in those situations, you can just pop something like Arcane circle since most of the time the prolonged fights might be stationary. In all other situations, when fighting mobs, I haven't had a bad time spamming my attacks because I've got aggro, which feeds me energy via Force Sheathe. Mobs die too quick for you to ever "stall".

If you want, we can meet in-game so you can see my energy bar in action, or I can just post update vids (but that might take TOO long =p )

Light Star Alliance (my toons with build guides & videos)
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
    edited September 2013

If you want, we can meet in-game so you can see my energy bar in action, or I can just post update vids (but that might take TOO long =p )

Thanks for the offer, glad I accepted ;)

The build I posted is pretty much what I'll be running on LIVE.

I've messed around with Brawler vs Guardian/Warden...only seeing a 2k difference in EBA criticals in total. Then again I have weird stats...

DEX - 361 (aaaah! too much!)
    CON - 239
    REC - 170 (aaah too little D:)

Build is great though I love it, I think I'll just tweak a few things then run it on LIVE
    edited September 2013
    I think you may be misquoting me. I am saying your build will fall short of DPS potential with EB usage. A simple way to test that is to try the exact same build with CoAP and see how much more damage you get. As testing with Galaxi shows, it can be huge!
    edited September 2013
    I think you may be misquoting me. I am saying your build will fall short of DPS potential with EB usage. A simple way to test that is to try the exact same build with CoAP and see how much more damage you get. As testing with Galaxi shows, it can be huge!

My current build incorporates CoAP.

At the time of posting that I hadn't run my new build :P

I was surprised how quickly things die with just Ego Blade Frenzy..was pleasantly surprised!

On the go, as it were I was just worried that since I would not be setting up Circle all the time I wouldn't have enough energy. I was wrong :biggrin:
    edited September 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    Legion gear is actually inferior to heroic gear much of the time. it really depends on the build you use and the way you stat the toon.
    Legion Helms are always superior.

Legion BPs lose 10 defense but in most Dodge/Avoidance builds that is a minor loss.

Legion Gloves are the tricky ones for sure. I will add that Legion Gloves are Offense are a waste compared to any Heroic Glove.
  • shaenthebrainshaenthebrain Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    While building this guy, I heavily researched both MonsterDaddy's old build and Lightstar's Galaxi build. This thread chronicled my thinking-out-loud regarding the "best" super-stats for a TK blade wielder.

I should add the disclaimer that I'm a scrub, not a l33+ g@m3r. I don't keep track of my DPS. If I feel like I kill things quickly enough and don't die too much, then I'm satisfied. I've had a blast leveling up a TK-blader, and I've been thoroughly satisfied with its performance, especially after dropping Regeneration and Hybrid Role in favor of Melee Role with Id Mastery and Siphoning Strikes on Id Weaponry. I love the synergy that the Telekinesis framework brings.

I should also confess that I have an irrational dislike of the animations for Ego Blade Frenzy and Ego Blade Breach, which is the main reason I don't take them.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If I feel like I kill things quickly enough and don't die too much, then I'm satisfied.
    That is perhaps the best barometer one should pay attention to when putting together a build. Don't just make it all about the numbers, but rather how it all plays out.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited September 2013
    Feedback on my build:

- This build is a lot of fun, not as much fun as 8k TK Waves on Psion -BUT- it makes short work of "bosses" and most of the time I sit there spamming Ego Blade Frenzy.

- I think I severely underestimated the damage on players and NPCs

Ego Blade Breach's charge time needs to be brought down :tongue:, it's really awesome, allowed me to either triple or four shot Cyberlord in Carrier Wave, full charge EBB + EBA both on crit = Cyberlord: T_T!!

The only thing is that knocks are annoying, but most foes don't get to KB me <3.

I'd like to thank MoL, Monsterdaddy and Carrionbaggage (and borg10f9 for making this thread!)

Finally got mah TK blades build back *wipes tear* :biggrin:
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just wondering what does more damage Ego Blade Breach or Ego Blade Annihilation?

When did the names go from Ego to Id?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited September 2013
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Just wondering what does more damage Ego Blade Breach or Ego Blade Annihilation?

When did the names go from Ego to Id?

It can vary but normally Ego Blade Annihilation does slightly higher damage. Ego Blade Breach is perfectly fine by itself, but can act as a set up for Ego Blade Annihilation power as it puts a stacking debuff on the target which makes them more vulnerable to Ego Damage.

Names for the Blades go from EGO to ID when you activate Mental Discipline. You can see this by hovering over the name and watching it change when you activate Mental Discipline.