test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UNTIL Sky Command

gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Missions and Content
I love this mission. I love it especially because my SG is devoted to UNTIL lore. I love getting the whole SG together and running this bad boy which has something for healers, Tanks AND DPS to do.. albeit seperate objectives.

Please give us MORE missions with multiple objectives so every class and play-style can have their moment to shine (including Crowd Control!)

- -

Quick question tho.. when did all the mobs get turned down to level 30?
Post edited by gamehobo on

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sky Command was always 30.

And yeah this content is incredibly amazing. Too bad there's no real reward for playing it more than a couple times a month.

We do need more of this. Just the next time we get it make it worth it to our characters.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sky Command was always 30.

It was? Can you run it at any level?

(I dont know because I only have 1 character who was lvl 40 when this came out and all my SG mates are lvl 40 only)
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Didn't like Sky Command. Do not like "Baby sit the object" missions. Hate timers. Doubly hate waiting for long queues to pop and having to 'play' with terribly uncoordinated and sometimes barely functional groups of people.

Going to go into the game and que for it now that it doesn't let you solo.
    Lets see what the wait time is.
  • deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do wish it would let you solo or something..can never get enough in queue for it to activate
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not enough to queue is because the rewards aren't worth it. If I remember right, it's just resources and a bunch of rank 1 vehicle mods.

I loved the mission too. It actually made having a healer worthwhile compared to alerts which can be "moar DPS plz kthxbye".

Update the rewards, make it worth our time.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It would be cool, if the UNTIL Sky Command's ship was the same that blasts "Kraken" in the end of Lemurian Invasion. Didn't save the ship, UPS! "Kraken" ate your team and city is lost....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My problem is also the rewards. It takes a long time to pop, it is actually a tough mission, tougher than almost all the others. Despite this, it has terrible rewards.

If it awarded mid-level vehicle mods, like R4-5, it would be sorta worthwhile.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If it awarded mid-level vehicle mods, like R4-5, it would be sorta worthwhile.

Don't Vehicle mods only go to R6?

Having the game not be offline is the only reward you'll ever receive for playing Champions Online.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They go to R9. R3 and R6 get additional benefits, but the numbers increase up to R9.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited July 2013
    Cryptic make Sky Command an open social zone and make the mission open like the others.
    Maybe set it to start with level 11 invaders or fly by targets then scale up the mobs as waves progress.

Couldn't hurt.
  • gr3v1n3000gr3v1n3000 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How many players does it take to start? Have been trying for a couple of days.
    edited September 2013
    Ten players to start.
    I've only seen a que pop for this once since the week it was introduced.
  • ninten92ninten92 Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Cryptic make Sky Command an open social zone and make the mission open like the others.
    Maybe set it to start with level 11 invaders or fly by targets then scale up the mobs as waves progress.

Couldn't hurt.

I'd say that, or remodel it into a SG base template. Slap on a hallway and some bunker/training/meeting/techy lab rooms, make the entire Carrier customization-friendly, maybe slap on a few training drones for flying vehicles and heroes, too...

And, of course, it has mail/banking/tailor hubs too.

Also, it could have a few Questionite Ore and Resource Pools that you and SG mates could use to unlock new rooms and themes? Have it be purchase-able by a SG leader for a set amount of Z in the Store.
    Just another average RPer, costume part collector, and tabletop gamer.

Looking for a lore-based Superhero RPSG? Why not http://earth-guard.shivtr.com/
    ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The should make it a 35+ rampage (same with any of these missions that need more than 1 group) and give them the same reward as gravitar and rotate them with it, in the same way they rotate the 1 group uniques.

Then it would see a lot more use, which of course would be any use at all
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ten players to start.
    I've only seen a que pop for this once since the week it was introduced.

It actually starts with 8. You can/could actually enter solo in it.
    So not very popular. Or maybe people can't find it. Since other Alerts are shoved right at their faces.
    But they should make it 35+ and add some real rewards for it. It's a mission where people need to use their heads, not zergrush...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It would pop more often if it had rewards that were worth a damn.

R1 mods really killed this thing.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It would pop more often if it had rewards that were worth a damn.

R1 mods really killed this thing.

Truer words have been spoken, but not often. Overhaul the rewards on this and repackage it.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The most impressive alert this game has to offer and its still lacking a simple reward fix. Perhaps they wanted to prove people wouldn't bother with new content but at this point it's just pathetic.

It can't take that long to change nothing in an alert other than the reward, especially since alerts are currently getting an overhaul now.