FC.31.20130824.7 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 6:00pm PST, 9/17/2013

Greetings!

This is part one of our bug-fix drive. It contains the following changes:

Release Notes:

Powers/Items:
  • Telekinesis can no longer pick up and throw objects at other objects. This prevents a strange case where non-throwable mission objects could be thrown at themselves and destroyed without giving credit.
  • Dark Aura is no longer disabled when you are held or knocked down.
  • Imperator Gladiator and Samurai Robot become devices are no longer bound. If you have one of these devices, it will be unbound when you log in.
  • We have un-bound all of your existing Legacy devices so that you can trade away spares. Any that were equipped have been moved to your inventory/overflow. They have also been removed from your builds. The items are still bind on equip.

Missions:
  • Vibora Bay: the hedge maze now suppresses travel powers while you are inside it. Additionally, you can no longer enter or leave the maze by going over the walls.
  • Gravitar: the portal to the fight now does not appear until 10 players are on the map or 60 seconds have passed. This makes gravitar's map behave like other queues and Alerts.
  • Grab Alerts: Kevin Poe is not Mindslayer. He now has the correct voiceover.
  • Westside mission "Fight Club": the Underground Boxing Ring no longer has a hole in the wall allowing you to fly outside the map.
  • Westside Intrigue Culmination: fixed holes in the boss room geometry.
  • Whiteout: The front doors inside Ice Station Alpaca were misaligned with the walls. Now they are not.

FX:
  • Travel powers that use Roll Mode (e.g. hyper ball, snowball roll) will no longer make your weapons invisible.
  • Exocets and VTOL rotors now cloak properly when Holographic Field is used.

Costumes:
  • The following costume pieces have had inappropriate categories removed: Nighthawk Chest, Nighthawk Head, Dragon Armor Chest, Gravitar Legs
  • Bird People Skirt is now on the Hips Layer
  • Warlord Bracer Right (male) now has categories matching the left version.
  • Wolf Bubble 02 is available again.
  • The following costume pieces now have additional material options: Steampunk Electro Gauntlet; Mechanical Tail (Female); Armor Patch Plate Boots, Bracers & Leg Accessories (Male and Female); Cybernetic: Top Accessory, Chest (both variants), Shoulders (both variants), Jaw (both variants), Arm Accessories (both variants), Hands (Both Variants), Leg Attachment, Boots, Hips.
  • The following costume materials now require a pattern by default: Dual Claw (Leather, Metal), Spartan Lions (Leather, Metal), Armor Chiton (Metal), Cybernetic plugs (Metal), Armor pointed (Metal), Nephilim Large (Metal), Spartan Lion helmet (Metal), Zombie partial mask (Leather), Long Glove Zombie (Leather), Mandibles gigantic (Leather), Pulp Aviator pants (Metal Leather), Nephilim Large (Leather), Ninja Headband (Leather, Metal), Steampunk Mustache (Pointy), (Leather, Metal), Steampunk Mustache (Bushy), (Leather, Metal), Armor Nephilim male (Metal), Heavy Mecha Shoulders (Leather), Alien Organic 2 (Leather, Metal), Armor Cybernetic (Cloth), Skirt Webbed (Metal), Small Demon Wings (Metal), Alien Organic Tall (Leather), Chiton Crests (Metal), Armor Blaster (Cloth, Metal), Cape Webbed (Metal), Armor Nephilim Blade left (Cloth), Armor Nephilim Blade right (Leather, Metal), Elbow Disk right (Metal), Steampunk Goggles (Leather, Metal), Steampunk Goggles 2 (Leather, Metal, Cloth), Small Wings (Leather), Square Plate (Leather, Metal), Armor Patched Plate (Cloth), Steampunk Electro Gauntlet (Leather), Prong 01 (Leather), Long Boot Fur Lined (Leather), Armor Blaster (Leather, Metal Spartan Sandal left (Metal, Leather)

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    While you are at it, please see this thread for how you can help PvP in CO.
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I do applaud the team's effort at fixing things overdue as it may be. Please keep up the effort. I really hope this is just the beginning of the fixing and there are many more bug fixes to come. Malware (Obtree/Ubtri) is right, there are also many things that need fixing for PvP.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Great work devs! And thank you for fixing the hedge maze!
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Voodoo Maze Is Back Hell Yeah!!!

Hmm, could Telekinesis Power be changed entirely? So that it pulls random objects out of in game (like in CoH I believe) and throw at foes when there is nothing around to throw?
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    please make arcane pattern 3 for skirt and cape, as well as arcane cowl pattern leather and cloth options!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Grab Alerts: Kevin Poe is not Mindslayer. He now has the correct voiceover.

I think this is a very funny feature xD Glad it is fixed though, I think those two are much more glad.

MIND SLAYER ALLURT!!

Kevin Poe: I AM NOT MIND SLAYER!!! T_T!!

Mind Slayer: Ahahahaha!
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    *sniff*

I'm not going to cry....I'm not going to cry. It's just too beautiful...

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,058 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lordgar wrote: »
    Elbow Disk right (Metal), Steampunk Goggles (Leather, Metal), Steampunk Goggles 2 (Leather, Metal, Cloth), Small Wings (Leather), Square Plate (Leather, Metal), (Metal, Leather)
    [/LIST]

Steampunk Goggles 2?
    WAIT WHAT?
    You mean THOSE Goggles which are NOT available for players and were found as leftovers? :confused:
    costume_gogles.jpg

Reminding you this Thread
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Voodoo Maze Is Back Hell Yeah!!!

Hmm, could Telekinesis Power be changed entirely? So that it pulls random objects out of in game (like in CoH I believe) and throw at foes when there is nothing around to throw?

The power was called wormhole.. and yes it was freaking awesome. If Telekinesis worked like that more people might take the power.

And wow all these bug fixes of late are just amaze-balls awesome. Keep them coming. :biggrin:
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    BUG: The items with Shared Cooldown do not have the correct cooldown timer. The tooltip says it is but in reality it's no longer affected by cooldown bonuses. It's the same bug with Bloodmoon devices I believe.
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    To see most of the costume stuff.. We need the C-store back on the test server. If that can happend then we can test alot of the costumes.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,117 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    joypony.png
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ~I'm so excited~I just can't hide it~I'm about to lose control~And I think I like it~I'm so excited~

Yay for bug fixes!
  • Options
    lstcause101lstcause101 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    To see most of the costume stuff.. We need the C-store back on the test server. If that can happend then we can test alot of the costumes.

i checked at least the available costume stuff, i didn't notice any change.

Check out the Community-Designed Hero, my Costume Gallery and my
    Game Suggestion Thread.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The following costume materials now require a pattern by default:
    What ever that means...

No material options.
    Steampunk Goggles (Leather, Metal).
    Steampunk Mustache (Pointy), (Leather, Metal),
    Steampunk Mustache (Bushy), (Leather, Metal)
    Spartan Lion helmet (Metal)
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The following costume pieces have had inappropriate categories removed: Nighthawk Chest

I've got a bad feeling this one is going to ruin one of my costumes on live....
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    FX:
    • Travel powers that use Roll Mode (e.g. hyper ball, snowball roll) will no longer make your weapons invisible.

A year and a month I've had no guns while using my favorite travel power. A year and a month...

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    But you could go 'FingerBangBang'.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bug

Only the Legacy devices on the list don't respect the cooldown reduction from Revitalize. This is the same issue with most Blood Moon devices.

ALL of the tooltips for Blood Moon and Legacy devices show what INT should be reducing them to, but they retain the original cooldown.

I use Revitalize to reduce the cooldown on the long CD items to make them useful. However, they should ALL respect INT, Nanobot Swarm, Revitalize, etc. Call them DEVICES, they are still POWERS and all of the regular devices DO respect the CD reduction scheme.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Bug

Eruption doesn't have a BUFF icon to show the time remaining on its' immunity.

Since it is being reduced from 15 seconds, it should really show one.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    warcanch wrote: »
    Bug

Eruption doesn't have a BUFF icon to show the time remaining on its' immunity.

Since it is being reduced from 15 seconds, it should really show one.

Immunity time is being reduced? :o
  • Options
    stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Great to see so many bug fixes, here's one that may be overlooked.

It is impossible to complete the objective "Rescue Commander Hauser" in the nemesis mission Bunker Buster, preventing the mission from being completed.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    [Eruption]
    [Omicron Induced Strength]
    [Neuroelectric Pulse Generator]
    [Ice Grenades]

Are the devices which are affected by shared CD. It seems these devices (unlike the rest) do NOT continue cooling down if they are not in the device tray.

Just an FYI. I will assume this is intended?

EDIT: Just realised that the following things have occurred.

Eruption - Static 5 min recharge, regardless of how many you have or INT/CD gear.

Ice Nades - Static 30 second recharge, regardless of how many you have or INT/CD gear.

Omicron Induced Strength - Static 15 second recharge, regardless of how many you have or INT/CD gear.

Neuroelectric Pulse Generator - Static 15 second recharge, regardless of how many you have or INT/CD gear.

The above was tested with AoPM + INT Primary + Nemesis gear

INT - 392
    CON - 257
    EGO - 255

Revitalize at 3/3 as well.

I will say this:

I don't believe players who use these devices for PvE purposes/ do not stack them for PvP should suffer shared CD upon usage. I am not asking for the impossible by player discrimination regarding device CD times.

Is it possible that these values only apply to those who decide to try and switch them out? Rather than those of us who only have 1 of a device?

If Devices are already being tagged as unique, there shouldn't -really- be a need for extra CD's should there?
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    [Eruption]
    [Omicron Induced Strength]
    [Neuroelectric Pulse Generator]
    [Ice Grenades]

Are the devices which are affected by shared CD. It seems these devices (unlike the rest) do NOT continue cooling down if they are not in the device tray.

Just an FYI. I will assume this is intended?

Seems intended to me. That is the way veteran reward healing devices work. If you want it to cooldown, it has to occupy a slot.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Texture changes!

Any chance we can get y'all to look at gravitar's gloves and boots? Metal only for tights is super lame. Same with the legacy crafted costume pieces for magic. Metal only, which really makes them entirely useless.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    There and Bat Again. This mission has been bugged for goodness knows how long.

You cannot speak to Foxbat after the mission. The work around on the wiki (which I tried) locked me out of the mission rendering Quest of the Elements incomplete for me

I hope this is part of the mission fixes in future parts of Bug-Splatathon(tm).
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Texture changes!

Any chance we can get y'all to look at gravitar's gloves and boots? Metal only for tights is super lame. Same with the legacy crafted costume pieces for magic. Metal only, which really makes them entirely useless.

For you perhaps, not everyone else. That said, I would support them getting the other textures.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,117 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    Bugs:
    In the list of material fixes, all the unlockable costumes are not showing their new textures. Not sure if this is a PTS error that will clear up on live as I have access to many of the unlocks on PTS.
    This includes:
    Steampunk Electro Gauntlet
    Mechanical Tail
    Cybernetic Top Accessory
    Cybernetic Chest
    Cybernetic Shoulders
    Cybernetic Jaw
    Cybernetic Arm Accessories
    Cybernetic Hands
    Cybernetic Leg Attachment
    Cybernetic Boots
    Cybernetic Hips

The male right Steampunk Electro-Gauntlet lacks access to leather and cloth materials. They need to be added.

The Socrates and Sharkfin chest pieces are still available under jackets.

Bird People Skirt still can't be worn with the Bird People Hip Wear. I suggest adding the Bird People Hip Wear to the Beast and Short Skirts categories. And add Bird People Skirt to the Hips Wear and Gear category. This will allow the pieces to be worn together, as the original concept implied.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Request:

I know changing powers is not a top priority with bug fixes to content happening, but can Telekinesis (Power) be changed?

If not in the way I suggested at the start of the thread, at least make it not sap energy when nothing is being thrown.

Better yet, I remember a version of this power where you could click and move objects you targeted manually way before On Alert, early F2P I think..
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There and Bat Again. This mission has been bugged for goodness knows how long.

You cannot speak to Foxbat after the mission. The work around on the wiki (which I tried) locked me out of the mission rendering Quest of the Elements incomplete for me

I hope this is part of the mission fixes in future parts of Bug-Splatathon(tm).

My workaround is to load up a character that has that mission up and never completes it, load my second account, teleport him into the mission, switch my main account to the right character, teleport THAT character in, and then go talk to Foxbat in the new instance.

I don't expect that option to last much longer (Bug-splatathon, and all), and I'm not paying cash just to complete a bugged mission, so I hope they DO fix this mission.

The non-UNITY version has worked perfectly for ages. Shouldn't it be the same fix for the UNITY version?
    edited September 2013
    Now, forcing a fixed cooldown on multiple devices of the same type prevents people from exploiting them and making the devices 'unique' is just to prevent the other devices from being exploited. Removing the devices from builds and device tray is a step in the right direction! Finally, a patch that covers all bases!

Only one gripe. Old legacy gear still counts as devices. This took effect in the previous build and now I can infer that it is 'working as intended'.
    I get what you were doing. You want to prevent people from using more than one at a time. But, to me, as a legacy gear owner even before legacy devices came I do not approve of making my gear count as equal as the device. If anything, the gear should have its own fixed cooldown separate from the devices. Call it vet favoritism because that is exactly what I want after what became of us after On-Alert hit.

Other than that I am curious as to how the gravitar thing will work. Is it 10 people who are fully loaded and active on the map or is it two teams of 5 in the raid window? The former counts for the bugged people and the latter is just a silly way of making everyone wait 60 seconds when the queue system messes up and not to mention [PRESS ANY KEY]. Sadly, I do not have 9 let alone 5 people to answer my call during my hours. Here's to hoping that the queue system will ever count two trios, two soloers, and a duo as 10.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bug

In Dx11 mode, in certain city areas (particularly West Side) there are big polygonal black splotches throughout the area. They also appear in Vibora Bay and on certain buildings as well.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,606 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am both surprised and excited that Dark Aura and "roll mode" travel powers are being fixed.

Though heavily saddened that Intelligence is looking less appealing because cooldown reduction is starting to only work on half of the things that it says its supposed to.

If you're gonna change how cooldowns work on things, might as well change cooldowns on all devices so that they don't take hours or even 15 minutes to CD. Yes, even the old perk, open mission, and Become Manimal devices of old.

And YES! Don't count legacy gear into the mix. Leave those alone. Players sacrifice a heavy number of stats for those ultra rare effects.

And we might as well see a return to open mission device drops and Qwijibo Action Figure back.
  • Options
    cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    no thanks. this could seriously screw with some players control schemes. maybe make it autolevitate all nearby objects you can lift with it AT ONCE, have them whirl around in the air and throw them one by one in sequence! that would still leave it situational, but it would be worth taking as it would just be more awesome.

LoL, then we can rename the power "PARANORMAL ACTIVITY!":tongue:
  • Options
    cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok so I'm not sure if this is a Bug or not, but I REALLY hope it is so it can be changed. That being that the Avian Bird People's feathers are linked to the SKIN COLOR Palette. This limits what your able to do with these pieces by a pretty significant amount. If you look at ALL other Beast Head and Fur options, they are linked to the COSTUME COLOR Palette.

I'd very much like to be able to use the Bird Heads to make a Man/Bird hybrid Egyptian character, but this is impossible due to the SKIN COLOR Linking.
  • Options
    shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bug: In the mission Biotechnical Difficulties, it is possible to attempt to create an antidote before all the ingredients are gathered.

When it happens: When the mission Biotechnical Difficulties is active.

What happens: Creating an antidote will consume all currently gathered ingredients, regardless if the player has sufficient ingredients. It will also bug the mission tracker since it assumes the antidote was successfully created and moves on to the phase, which will not complete without the full compliment of ingredients being consumed for the antidote.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • Options
    variatasvariatas Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    riverocean wrote: »
    The power was called wormhole.. and yes it was freaking awesome. If Telekinesis worked like that more people might take the power.

And wow all these bug fixes of late are just amaze-balls awesome. Keep them coming. :biggrin:

Actually it was called Propel. Wormhole was the pet.

Hurray, costume piece fixes! Those have been a long time coming.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Powers/Items:
    We have un-bound all of your existing Legacy devices so that you can trade away spares. Any that were equipped have been moved to your inventory/overflow. They have also been removed from your builds. The items are still bind on equip.

I wonder what will happen to the [Backups!] with lame shared cool down added afterwards.
    I think those should be un-bound too.
  • Options
    ninten92ninten92 Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You guys are fixing the Gravitar alert? Awesome!

Seriously, if I had a Zen for every time I'd get locked out of the battle because someone jumped the gun and decided to attack Gravi before everyone else, while I was stuck in the Map Moving loading screen. T_T
    Just another average RPer, costume part collector, and tabletop gamer.

Looking for a lore-based Superhero RPSG? Why not http://earth-guard.shivtr.com/
    ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    ninten92 wrote: »
    You guys are fixing the Gravitar alert? Awesome!

Seriously, if I had a Zen for every time I'd get locked out of the battle because someone jumped the gun and decided to attack Gravi before everyone else, while I was stuck in the Map Moving loading screen. T_T

It's why I quickly move through the portal and move to the right. So I'm IN but I haven't activated it.

Usually, I look back to the area to see if anyone is still back there. I wait until all players have cleared before I leap at Gravitar.

• Options
    lordwolfylordwolfy Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Disappointed by the fact that the metal version of Chitin on the Arm Accessories now has to have the ugly pattern to it. It was fine the way that it was. :(
  • Options
    kinarikairikinarikairi Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is it possible for Gravitar's stuff to be cloth/leather, or at least leather? I love her haute but I'm a bit annoyed I can't use it effectively when gray scaling it thanks to the metal. I'm also curious as to why her gloves can be leather but the rest of her set can't.